Start by marking “Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1)

Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone #1)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  1,161 Ratings  ·  353 Reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis comes her first women's fiction novel—an unforgettable story of friendship, love, family, and sisterhood—perfect for fans of Colleen Hoover, Susan Mallery, and Kristan Higgins.

They say life can change in an instant…

After losing her sister in a devastating car accident, chef Quinn Weller is finally getting her life back on
Published June 20th 2017 by William Morrow Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Lost and Found Sisters, please sign up.

Joy Yes- It's a slight deviation from her romance novels into a more chick-lit like narration. There's still romance in it, though.

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Lost and Found Sisters is book one in the brand new series, Wildstone, by Jill Shalvis. I admit, I am an ardent fan of Jill Shalvis’s books. Every single one just makes the day better. But this book, this book is special. It feels a little different somehow, than some of her previous books. I re-read the blurb and it really says it all. I don’t want to give anything away but will try to give you a few more reasons why you should read this book.

Quinn Wellers is thirty years old, is a sous chef fo
Julie
Jun 04, 2017 Julie rated it it was amazing
Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis is a 2017 William Morrow Paperbacks publication.

Unforgettable characters, whimsical and enchanting!

Shalvis out did herself with this one. I’ve sampled several of Shalvis’ series, and I always enjoy any book she writes, but sometimes a book comes along that just hits the spot..

Quinn loves L.A., her job as a chef, has loving supportive parents, and a kind of -sort of – boyfriend. But, over the past couple of years, she has only been going through the motion
Stacey is Sassy

I’ll read Women’s Fiction if Jill Shalvis is the author.

When one of your very favourite authors announces she’s going to write something a little different, do you:

A) Bounce up and down and do a fist bump in the air because she is releasing something new?

B) Cry and scream - Why…why…why…would you do this to me? I don’t like change. Why change a good thing? Please tell me the hero doesn’t die/the heroine doesn’t die? It’s not an apocalyptic/time travel/alien invasion story, is it?

-OR-

C) Well, OK.
Claire Robinson
Jun 17, 2017 Claire Robinson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "We're in it together... Always." Stars!

ITs LIVE!
Amazon US - http://a.co/9WyFOAY
Amazon UK - http://amzn.eu/5clyXl9

A new series by Jill Shalvis always gives me that excited tingle, and the first book in the Wildstone series; Lost and Found Sisters delivered in every way I would expect from this author, and exceptionally well.

Quinn and Mick’s story is quite simply Shalvis, writing at her best, as you would expect you are given lots of little side plots to keep the interest building, with the
Sabrina
Jun 21, 2017 Sabrina rated it really liked it
~NOW LIVE~
Amazon * Barnes & Noble

I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Women's Fiction and have actually never even wanted to read a book in the genre. But Jill Shalvis is one of my go-to authors and the blurb for Lost and Found Sisters really intrigued me. I'm really happy that I gave this book a chance because I ended up enjoying quite a bit.

This is a story of finding yourself and taking control of your life. I loved all of the characters that we got to meet but I especially have a huge p
Dali
A sassy, sexy and touching story about family, friends and love that made me smile from start to finish.

Quinn Weller just turned thirty and aside from the overwhelming emptiness her sister’s loss caused her, she seems to have everything from a loving family, to a great career and a boyfriend who’s just waiting for her to lift the embargo on her heart and feelings. But something is just a bit off and then her entire life is turned on its axis when she’s informed of an inheritance from an unkno
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Lost and Found Sisters
Series: Wildstone #1
Author: Jill Shalvis
Release date: June 20, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

We've all been in a rut in our lives at one time or another. For that matter, maybe even multiple times. So I think that alone makes Quinn's character instantly relatable and easy to connect to as a reader. Two years ago, she unexpectedly lost her beloved sister Beth in a tragic car accident. But she has a deeper issue than just coasting through lif
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jill Shalvis has changed things up slightly with LOST AND FOUND SISTERS. This is her first Women’s Fiction novel. As a fan of Shalvis, I was curious to see how she would tackle this new genre. I think she did a good job, however, I don’t know if I would say this is her best book.

The heroine of this novel is very important. Chef Quinn Weller’s life is completely turned upside down when she unexpectedly learns that she was adopted and her birth mother has left some things for her. At twenty-nine
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
‘A hint about women,’Mick said to Cliff. ‘Never in the history of all history has telling a woman to calm down ever calmed one down’

Though marketed as woman fiction, this was a pure Jill Shalvis romantic comedy in my eyes. Maybe the sex scenes weren't as graphic as she can write them... Maybe the romance wasn't the main plot of the story? Whatever had this book being labeled Chick Lit of Woman Fiction, it didn't stop me from enjoying it as I would any other book by this
♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥
Jun 22, 2017 ♥~♥Geri Reads ♥~♥ rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Admittedly, I was a bit nervous starting this book because this was marketed as Women's Fiction and not romance. And I always get nervous when it's WF because I happen to love my HEA...and well...WF can be downright depressing and drab. But it's Jill Shalvis! I trust her and I wasn't disappointed.

This book rocks!

It was humorous but also poignant, and the characters are flawed but still completely relatable, which is always a plus.

Lost and Found Sisters is a story about Quinn Weller wh
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

What a wonderful book this turned out to be! Jill Shalvis is quickly becoming one of my favorite contemporary romance authors because her books are consistently good. This book was even better than I could have hoped. I was grabbed by the story right away and it just kept getting better. I ended up reading most of the book in a single day because I just couldn't put it down. It was one of those books that left me with a big grin when
Ana
Jun 02, 2017 Ana marked it as to-read
*Fangirl alert*

Jill Shalvis (author of Simply Irresistible, Head Over Heels) has a new series. Come to me my precious.

photo tenor_zpssvc8aprt.gif

Susan
Jul 14, 2017 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: edelweiss
Lost and Found Sisters

Jill Shalvis

Received from Edelweiss

LOST AND FOUND SISTERS is the first book in the Wildstone series. I am kicking myself after finishing this wonderful story because there are so many more Jill Shalvis stories that I have yet to read. I need to fix that very very soon.

Once I started reading LOST AND FOUND SISTERS I had a very hard time putting it down. Quinn Weller lost her sister in a tragic car accident. She has been going through the motions of life but not really dealin
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Shalvis hit it way out of the ballpark with Lost and Found Sisters! What a strong story, with characters who made my heart both swoon and ache.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

Lost and Found Sisters is a bit different from Shalvis' usual novels, but still has the same feel to it. A deep story, where Quinn, the main character makes several discoveries about herself, which in turn brings her to move out of LA to a small village to try to find her way, while also get
Heidi
Feb 09, 2017 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: digital-arc-read
The chapter quotes! I LOVE them, and every one got me to either laugh or think of a moment in my life. These characters dragged me right through the book. Quinn and her sisters, (sigh) I needed to keep reading, punctuated with moments of enjoying her emotional craziness. I'm not going to say much more on that yet, but yes. Go read the book! I loved it. I will definitely look forward to the next book in the series.
Kim
Feb 08, 2017 Kim rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
This is the first in a new series by Jill Shalvis focused on the small town of Wildstone, California. I am going to try hard not to spoil any of the surprises in the story.

Quinn Weller is an LA girl...she has loving parents, a challenging job, and a good male friend/old flame willing to be more again. But her life is in a rut. She suffered a loss and she basically did not fully recover from her grief. But a visit from someone from Wildstone shocks her when he asks her to come to the tow
Saly
Jun 20, 2017 Saly rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and amazing book! Awesome characters, love, family --- loved it!
☕ Kimberly
May 24, 2017 ☕ Kimberly rated it really liked it
Shalvis is quite the storyteller and I was delighted to find myself quickly drawn into Quinn's story. Quinn's life is about to be altered and it's a good thing too. Since her sister's death, she has just been going through the motions of living. When a lawyer contacts Quinn about a mysterious inheritance it comes with earth-shattering news. She feels betrayed, unsure and overwhelmed.

Blindsided she gets in her car and heads to Wildstone. When she has a panic attack in the beach parking lot a gol
Luce
Huh. I learned a new term for a genre "Woman's Fiction". Which this book is labeled. Don't laugh, I realize now it's been around for ages, I just haven't been paying attention. Amy Sue Nathan defined "Woman's Fiction" as
"The driving force of women’s fiction is the motivation of the main character to get herself from point A to point B to point C, learning and changing and growing and making mistakes along the way. What makes a women’s fiction main character tick is the methods by which she learn
Kristyn - Reading to Unwind
Jul 13, 2017 Kristyn - Reading to Unwind rated it it was amazing
This book follows Quinn on her road to self-discovery. Quinn lost her sister recently in a car accident and just feels lost in her life. She is going through the motions, but doesn’t seem to be putting much effort past that. One day she gets a surprise visit and finds out about an inheritance in Wildstone. Quinn now needs to figure out what she is going to do with her life.

I loved that the author could put humor into the book while dealing with such a heavy topic of loss. The author did a great
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

In this new series by Jill Shalvis we're introduced to Wildstone, Ca. A small coastal town that has seen better times but who's residents are nosey, comical and willing to help a lost soul discover who she is and where she belongs.

Quinn's life is flipped upside down when she's sought out by a Harry Potter looking lawyer and told that she had an inheritance from a woman she barely knows, discovering not only that she's adopted but also has a
Dixie-Lee Campbell
This was my first visit to Wildstone and definitely won't be my last. I was captured with the reality of life .... serious, everyday life tugging at my heart .... with tears and laughter.

Lost and Found Sisters ....had me focused on this storyline from the beginning to the end .... and could not stop my mind from revisiting with the Quinn, Tilly, Coop and of course Mick ! Beth now continues to pay me visits .... how clever ! 5 stars +.

I definitely had a soft spot in my heart for Carolyn !!!
A co
Kimberly
My review cross-posted from Wit and Sin: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2017/06...

Lost and Found Sisters is a journey of love, heartbreak, learning to live again, and finding home. Jill Shalvis’s women’s fiction debut has all the humor and heart I’ve come to expect from her work, and it’s all wrapped up in an engaging, emotional story of life after loss.

Quinn’s world was turned upside down after the loss of her sister two years ago, and she has never quite recovered. Though she seems to have th
Emma
Jun 13, 2017 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lost and Found Sisters is a unique story, completely enthralling, poignant and memorable. Delivering a tale that will resonate with anyone that has lost a family member but also showing that our loved ones live on within our hearts forever. Life has a funny way of making us mere mortals work for our happiness, but to be able to recognise it and appreciate it we have to undergo periods of sadness as well.

Quinn has spent the past two years lost to grief following her younger sisters death. She has
Jun 20, 2017 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss
A tale of two romances that warms the heart

Seeing   Lost and Found Sisters  being labeled as chick-lit/women's fiction (I hate both labels, seriously WTF does those even mean?!) by other reviewers had me scratching my head. Then I thought about the biggest difference between Lost and Found Sisters and other Shalvis titles I've read. The romance between the heroine and hero is not front and center. Don't get me wrong, the romance it totally there, but the romance that develops between the two s
CL
 photo LIASOM_zps9e498f89.png

ARC received from: Edelweiss

Rating: ★★★

Trope: Small town romance

Chemistry: Low Boil

One-Sentence Summary: A chef comes to a small town to look after her sister

Review: When I heard Jill Shalvis was branching into a new genre of "Women's Fiction" my first thought was "What is that? Isn't that just what people who don't want to admit to reading romance call romance?" and then my second thought was "WHY OH WHY would you change something that ain't broke?! I read Shalvis for her contemporary romance
Kathleen
Jun 24, 2017 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of Jill Shalvis books and in my estimation this is one of her very best.

When Quinn Weller discovers that the life she is leading is not what she thought, it turns her world upside down. She has lost one sister, only to find out she has another by the woman who gave birth to her. She goes to the town where her mother was from and makes this startling discovery and it takes her on a journey that will change her life all over again. And when a handsome sexy man, Mick Hennessey ki
ShoSho
Everyone was so dramatic!
Alicia
Feb 11, 2017 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2017
Something about this one hit just the right note. I liked the characters and the town and the setup.
Gaele
Grief is a quirky emotion, and no two people ever react quite the same. Quinn is one of those who found relief and escape in numbness: after her sister’s death she lost her best friend and nothing has felt right since. And in some sense, she feels guilty about that numbness, for from the outside she has almost everything: her dream job as a sous chef in a trendy LA restaurant, a loving family and a man who is only hoping she’ll open her arms again to him. But, despite all the good – there’s noth ...more

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi
More about Jill Shalvis...

Wildstone (2 books)
  • Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2)

“Mick?” she whispered.

“Yeah?”

“Are you feeling something?”

“You could say that,” he murmured. “You?”

She licked her lips and he nearly groaned. “I think so,” she whispered.

“That’s good.”

“Are you going to kiss me?”

He cupped her face, let his thumbs trace her jawbone, his fingers sinking into her silky waves. “No,” he said quietly. “And not because I don’t want to, but because when I do, I want to know you’re ready. That you’ll feel it.”

She sighed. “Guys do whatever they want all the time, no emotions necessary. I want that skill.” Another shaky breath escaped her, and since they were literally an inch apart, they shared air for a single heartbeat during which neither of them moved.

Her gaze dropped to his mouth. “Okay, so I’m definitely feeling things.” She hesitated and then her hands came up to his chest. “Maybe we should test it out to be sure.”

God, she was the sweetest temptation he’d ever met, and he wanted nothing more than to cover her mouth with his. Instead, he brushed his mouth to her cheek.

“Please, Mick,” she whispered, her exhale warming his throat.

He loved the “please,” and he wanted to do just that more than anything. But when she tried to turn her head into his, to line up their mouths, he gently tightened his grip, dragging his mouth along her smooth skin instead, making his way to her ear.

“Not yet,” he whispered, letting his lips brush over her earlobe and the sensitive skin beneath it.

She moaned and clutched him. “Why not?”

It took every ounce of control he had to lift his head and meet her gaze. “Because I want to make sure you’re really with me, that you’re feeling everything I’m feeling. That there’ll be no doubt, no regrets.”

“You sure have a lot of requirements.”

He laughed. And she was right, it was all big talk for a guy who didn’t do relationships anymore. Still, he forced himself to step back and shut the passenger door.

As he rounded the hood to the driver’s side, he tried to remind himself of all the reasons she was a bad idea. He lived two hundred miles away and he was hoping to move his mom up by him and never come back here. Not to mention that Quinn lived an equal two hundred miles in the opposite direction and she was in a deeply vulnerable place. No way would he even think about taking advantage of that.

But when he slid behind the wheel and their eyes locked, he realized that while his mind could stand firm, the rest of his body wasn’t on board with the in-control program.”
0 likes