The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > JULY 2018: Dusty Bookshelf Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 16460 comments Mod

message 2: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 20, 2018 08:33PM) (new)

JULY 2018 Dusty Bookshelf Challenge:

Please post your shelves. NO COMMENTS in this thread please. After I post the pair, it will add a link to the shelf, and then you can add discussion comments.

How It Will Work:
1) Please only post no more than 10 books that you would like to read this month.
*minimum 4 books.

2) An assigned person will FIRST pick TWO BOOKS from your post series.

3) SECOND, the assigned person will recommend ONE MORE from a Genre of your choice.

4) You have one month: JULY 2018 to try to read one of the chosen books. You can read ALL THREE if you would like (*if you don't read your book this month, it's okay because this challenge is for YOUR ENJOYMENT)

5) Please try to select for your pair ASAP as we all get excited and waiting is torture to some.

TIMELINE
JUNE 20-26, 2018:
Participants will Post their shelves
*If you do not list a shelf, I will not pair you with anyone
***Cut off on JUNE 26

JUNE 26-29: Pairs will be posted & then Selection of the books and posting it for the person you are choosing for
*Again, as I said earlier, please try to select for your pair ASAP.
***Cut off on JUNE 29:

**JUNE 30-ish: Re-picks for those who didn’t get the pick

**MOD ASSIST: TCF Mods Trea, Denise & Lanelle are also around for assistance.

SEE how to POST Book Covers (view spoiler)

message 4: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 27, 2018 02:22AM) (new)

PAIRS:

1. Jenn picks for Karen♐
2. Erica picks for Denise
3. Karina picks for Penumbra
4. Avid Reader and Geek Girl picks for Jenn
5. Ezinwanyi picks for Chelle
6. Connie N. picks for Avid Reader and Geek Girl
7. Chelle picks for Ezinwanyi
8. Dlyn picks for Rachel
9. Karen♐ picks for Danielle Gypsy Soul
10. Rachel picks for Debbie G.
11. Danielle Gypsy Soul picks for Dlyn
12. Debbie G. picks for Connie N.
13. Denise picks for ☘KathyD☘
14. Theo picks for Karina
15. ☘KathyD☘ picks for Erica
16. Penumbra picks for Theo

message 5: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 28, 2018 02:07PM) (new)

I chose for Chelle: Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco Homicide in Hardcover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle Bonus: Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb
Chelle chose for me: The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1) by Cordelia Kingsbridge Bonus: Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry
Ezinwanyi's JULY 2018 Bookshelf
Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4) by Jessica Hawkins Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1) by Cordelia Kingsbridge Illumination (Penton Legacy, #5) by Susannah Sandlin Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson Destiny's Captive (Destiny, #3) by Beverly Jenkins Ryan's Bed by Tijan The Trouble With Honor (The Cabot Sisters, #1) by Julia London

**Preferred Sub Genre: ** Romance (Angsty) ~ please pick something that's on audiobook

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Jenn (last edited Jun 27, 2018 08:31PM) (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 534 comments Jenn's July Dusty Bookshelf
Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Black City (Black City, #1) by Elizabeth Richards Where Silence Gathers (The Other Plane, #2) by Kelsey Sutton Feed (Newsflesh Trilogy, #1) by Mira Grant Searching for Beautiful by Nyrae Dawn Ever Tempted by Odessa Gillespie Black This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis

Genre of Choice: Paranormal/Horror

I Pick for Karen♐: Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards & Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig Bonus Pick: Moonlight Sins (de Vincent, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Avid Reader and Geek Girl picks for me: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger & This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis Bonus Pick: Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz

message 7: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jun 27, 2018 01:22PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5934 comments Mod
Denise's July Dusty Bookshelf
The Monk of Mokha by Dave Eggers The Queen's Lover by Francine du Plessix Gray The Shattered Gates (Rifter #1) by Ginn Hale The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar Fighting Gravity (Physics of Falling, #1) by Leah Petersen The Decadia Code (Decadia #1) by Apryl Baker We That Are Left by Juliet Greenwood The Prophecy Con (Rogues of the Republic, #2) by Patrick Weekes Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach The Grave Man (Sam Prichard #1) by David Archer

Genre of Choice: Spy thriller

I pick for ☘KathyD☘: Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward + Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner
Erica picks for me: The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach + 66 Metres (Nadia Laksheva Spy Thriller #1) by J.F. Kirwan

message 8: by Debbie (last edited Jun 28, 2018 04:41AM) (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1020 comments Debbie G's shelf

Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4) by Donna Andrews Ladle to the Grave (Soup Lover's Mystery, #4) by Connie Archer Pasta Imperfect (Passport to Peril, #3) by Maddy Hunter Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen Last Chance Hero (Last Chance, #9) by Hope Ramsay The Love Season by Elin Hilderbrand Murder, Plainly Read (Amish Quilt Shop Mystery #4) by Isabella Alan Murder Ties the Knot (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery, #4) by Christy Fifield

Genres...Cozy Mystry or Chick Lit

I choose for Connie N Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3) by Sheila Connolly Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #17) by Carolyn Keene The General's Women by Susan Wittig Albert
Rachel chooses for me Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen Murder Ties the Knot (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery, #4) by Christy Fifield Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

message 9: by Erica, Quality Control Supervisor (last edited Jun 28, 2018 10:05AM) (new)

Erica | 1022 comments Mod
Erica's July Dusty Bookshelf

The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes The King of Lies by John Hart The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White Beethoven The Universal Composer by Edmund Morris Ultra Marathon Man by Dean Karnazes Dragons Return (Malevir #1) by Susan Bass Marcus The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker Finding Emilie by Laurel Corona The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain, #1) by Lloyd Alexander Messenger (The Giver, #3) by Lois Lowry

Genres: mystery, biography, fantasy

I pick The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar and Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach for Denise, with a bonus book of The Chessboard Spies An international spy thriller by Geoffrey Davison .

Kathy D picks The King of Lies by John Hart and The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White for me, with a bonus book of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova .

message 10: by Chelle (last edited Jul 18, 2018 06:00AM) (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 489 comments Chelle’s July Dusty Bookshelf

Ezinwanyi chooses Hunting Prince Dracula(currently reading) and Homicide in Hardcover (Finished 07/03/18 ✰✰✰) with bonus genre picks of Sometimes I Lie and Naked in Death for me.
Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco Homicide in Hardcover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb

I chose for Ezinwanyi The Last Black Unicorn and Kill Game, and as a genre pick, Behind the Bars.

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager (Finished 07/10/18 ✩✩✩✩)
The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco Homicide in Hardcover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter The Broken Girls by Simone St. James Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Bonus Genre: A short summer "beachy" mystery or cozy, or pick a third from my list.

message 11: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Jul 11, 2018 02:42PM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 323 comments Avid's July 2018 Dusty Bookself

I pick Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger & This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis and recommend Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz for Jenn
Connie N picks Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt 7/11 4 stars & Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira for me and recommeds You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert Tricks (Tricks, #1) by Ellen Hopkins The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira Second Sight (Arcane Society, #1) by Amanda Quick Good as Gone by Amy Gentry

Preferred sub-genre: Summery YA books, please pick something I can get on audiobook- bonus points if it's LGBTQIA+

message 12: by Connie N. (last edited Aug 04, 2018 08:02AM) (new)

Connie N. | 524 comments Connie N.'s July 2018 Dusty Bookshelf

I pick for Avid Reader and Geek Girl: Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira Bonus: You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour

Debbie G. picks for me: Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3) by Sheila Connolly Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #17) by Carolyn Keene Bonus: The General's Women by Susan Wittig Albert

Red Delicious Death by Sheila Connolly - 7/21/18 ♥♥♥♥
Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk by Carolyn Keene - 8/2/18 ♥♥♥♥

12 Rounds (Knockout, #1) by Lauren Hammond Autumn Song by Margaret Pargeter The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1) by N.L. Wilson Demons are a Ghoul's Best Friend (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #2) by Victoria Laurie Enemy Lover by Pamela Kent Fishing with RayAnne by Ava Finch Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #17) by Carolyn Keene The Nightingale Sisters (Nightingales #2) by Donna Douglas Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3) by Sheila Connolly To Have and to Hold (The Wedding Belles, #1) by Lauren Layne

Preferred Genre: Romance

message 13: by ☘KathyD☘ (last edited Jun 28, 2018 07:53AM) (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 957 comments KathyD’s July Dusty Bookshelf
All Jacked Up (Rough Riders #8) by Lorelei James Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby Hard to Come By (Hard Ink, #3) by Laura Kaye Ink Reunited (Montgomery Ink, #0.6) by Carrie Ann Ryan Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Raid (Unfinished Hero, #3) by Kristen Ashley Tempted (Eternal Guardians, #3) by Elisabeth Naughton Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti

preferred genres (preferably a book that is on audio)
paranormal/erotica/contemporary

For Erica, I chose: The King of Lies by John Hart and The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White ... The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (bonus)
For me, Denise chose: Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby and Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward ... Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner (bonus)

message 14: by Karina (last edited Jun 28, 2018 01:23AM) (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Karina’s July Dusty Bookshelf

Summer in Orcus by T. Kingfisher City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett The Black Tides of Heaven (Tensorate, #1) by J.Y. Yang Dogs of War by Adrian Tchaikovsky The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency #1) by John Scalzi Provenance by Ann Leckie Gemini Cell (Reawakening Trilogy #1) by Myke Cole Bannerless by Carrie Vaughn

Preferred genre: Horror

For Penumbra, I pick:
Status Update (#gaymers, #1) by Annabeth Albert The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1) by Amy Lane + The Little Library by Kim Fielding

For me, Theo picks:
The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency #1) by John Scalzi City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett + Out by Natsuo Kirino

message 15: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jun 29, 2018 11:44AM) (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1953 comments Karen♐'s Dusty Bookshelf - July

Ruthless (Lawless, #1) by Lexi Blake Delirious (Quantum, #6) by M.S. Force Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards The Look of Love (San Francisco Sullivans, #1; The Sullivans, #1) by Bella Andre No More Wasted Time (The Mathews Family, #1) by Beverly Preston Blue Love (The Love Series, #1) by M.J. Fields Three Years (Gypsy Brothers, #5) by Lili St. Germain Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig All You Need is Love (Green Mountain, #1) by Marie Force Stanton Completely (Stanton, #3) by T.L. Swan

Preferred Genre: Erotica, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary Romance

I pick Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose and bonus: Always by Kindle Alexander for Danielle Gypsy Rose
Jenn picks Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig and bonus: Moonlight Sins (de Vincent, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout for me

message 16: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jun 29, 2018 06:04PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1485 comments Danielle's Dusty Bookshelf

Beneath This Mask (Enhanced, #3) by Victoria Sue Blaze (Unbreakable Bonds, #5) by Jocelynn Drake Twisted and Tied (Marshals, #4) by Mary Calmes Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen In the Shadows (Metahuman Files, #3) by Hailey Turner Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4) by Annabeth Albert Controlled Burn (Boston Fire, #2) by Shannon Stacey Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose Psycho Romeo (Ward Security, #1) by Jocelynn Drake Blaze Erupting (Scorpius Syndrome #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #75) by Rebecca Zanetti

Preferred Genre: M/M - Please pick something available on kindle

I pick Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn for Dlyn.
Karen picks Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose Bonus: Always by Kindle Alexander for me

message 17: by Penumbra (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:01AM) (new)

Penumbra | 308 comments Penumbra's July Dusty Bookshelf

The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1) by Amy Lane Until I Found You by B.G. Thomas Rekindled Flame (Rekindled Flame, #1) by Andrew Grey Status Update (#gaymers, #1) by Annabeth Albert Return of the Chauffeur's Son by Tara Lain Noticed Me Yet? by Anyta Sunday Helping Hand (Housemates, #1) by Jay Northcote Just Hanging Out by Lillian Francis

Genre Choice: M/M only in Humor, Contemporary, Romance, HEA, Fantasy, Paranormal. NO Horror, Dystopian, Bittersweet etc.

For Theo: Moonbird A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip Hoose and Boom! by Mark Haddon Genre choice: 1984 by George Orwell and/or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Karina picks for me: Status Update (#gaymers, #1) by Annabeth Albert and The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1) by Amy Lane Genre Choice: The Little Library by Kim Fielding

message 18: by Theo (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:06PM) (new)

Theo | 1919 comments Theo's July 2018 Dusty Bookshelf

(view spoiler)

I picked for Karina: The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency #1) by John Scalzi City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett Out by Natsuo Kirino
Penumbra picked for me: Moonbird A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip Hoose Boom! by Mark Haddon 1984 by George Orwell The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

message 19: by Rachel (last edited Jun 27, 2018 03:07PM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Assata An Autobiography by Assata Shakur The Good House by Tananarive Due Lakota Woman by Mary Crow Dog Providence by Caroline Kepnes Journey Across the Hidden Islands by Sarah Beth Durst Number One Chinese Restaurant by Lillian Li Tell the Machine Goodnight by Katie Williams The Wolf Gift (The Wolf Gift Chronicles, #1) by Anne Rice Shadow Magic (Shadow Magic, #1) by Joshua Khan Dragonflight (Dragonriders of Pern, #1) by Anne McCaffrey

preferred genre: fantasy or sci-fi, can be middle-grade

i pick for Debbie G
Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen & Murder Ties the Knot (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery, #4) by Christy Fifield
with a bonus book of:
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella , which is on your TBR shelf and many of my goodreads friends rated this highly!

Dlyn picks for me:
The Good House by Tananarive Due & Providence by Caroline Kepnes

with bonus books of:
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster and The BFG by Roald Dahl

message 20: by Lynn (last edited Jun 28, 2018 05:36PM) (new)

Lynn | 77 comments You Will Know Me by Megan Abbott Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover Final Girls by Riley Sager Once in a Lifetime by Danielle Steel The Ax Murders of Saxtown The Unsolved Crime That Terrorized a Town and Shocked the Nation by Nicholas Pistor The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Troublemaker Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

Preferred genre: Mystery or suspense

I pick for Rachel: The Good House by Tananarive Due & Providence by Caroline Kepnes

Danielle Gypsy Soul picked for me:
Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson & Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

message 21: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Jun 27, 2018 02:36AM) (new)

Chelle
I chose for you: Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #2) by Kerri Maniscalco Homicide in Hardcover (A Bibliophile Mystery, #1) by Kate Carlisle Bonus Cozy Mystery pick: Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb

message 22: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1020 comments Hi Connie N. You are an easy choice for me because we have a lot of the same tastes first I choose Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3) by Sheila Connolly because I'm reading this series and I really like it and Mystery of the Brass-bound Trunk (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #17) by Carolyn Keene because I always loved Nancy Drew and I should really think about reading them again 50 years later..For genre I really enjoyed The General's Women by Susan Wittig Albert
Hope you enjoy!

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Rachel I pick for you:

And my recs are:
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (it's one of my mother's favorite books & I would be remiss if I didn't rec it lol) & for an extra, The BFG by Roald Dahl (because I love the author).

Happy reading!

message 24: by Avid Reader and Geek Girl (last edited Jun 27, 2018 06:25AM) (new)

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 323 comments Jenn

My picks for you are: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis with a bonus pick of Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz (the start of my favorite paranormal/horror series)

I hope you enjoy!

message 25: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 524 comments Thanks so much, Debbie. I should be able to get to both of your choices this month, and I'm happy to have a new book/author to explore. Great choices!

message 26: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 524 comments Avid Reader

These both sound really good so I've added them to my TBR as well!

Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin Watt Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

Interestingly enough, I just finished a YA LGBT book this week that I found enjoyable and light. I didn't see it on your list, so I'm hoping you haven't read it yet. Enjoy!
You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 323 comments Connie N. wrote: "Avid Reader

These both sound really good so I've added them to my TBR as well!

Paper Princess (The Royals, #1) by Erin WattLove Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira

Interestingly enough, I just finis..."

Thank you, and I haven't read that one yet!

message 28: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Jun 27, 2018 12:00PM) (new)

☘KathyD☘,

My picks for you: Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby & Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward (still my favourite book in the series ♥)

And as a bonus: Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner - I've tried to come up with something you didn't have on your shelves already and have been forced to concede defeat, so I picked something you've had on there for a long time instead

message 29: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Penumbra, I pick for you:

Status Update (#gaymers, #1) by Annabeth Albert and The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1) by Amy Lane

...I’m clueless about your genres, so I picked a bonus from your to-reads: The Little Library by Kim Fielding

message 30: by Erica, Quality Control Supervisor (new)

Hi Denise! Oh boy, how to pick? So many of your books look so good...

I pick The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar and Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach for you, with a bonus book of The Chessboard Spies An international spy thriller by Geoffrey Davison .

Enjoy!

message 31: by Chelle (new)

Chelle (MaleficentBookDragon) (chellerydz) | 489 comments Ezinwanyi wrote: "

Ezinwanyi, I choose for you The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish and Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1) by Cordelia Kingsbridge because they both look really interesting. I am not up to date on too many romance authors, so I pick another from your group as your genre pick, Behind the Bars (Music Street, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry . I hope you like them. Chelle

message 32: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Erica wrote: "Hi Denise! Oh boy, how to pick? So many of your books look so good...

I pick The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar and Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach for you, with a bonus book ..."

Thank you!
The bonus looks good, too, but it seems to be entirely impossible to find... :( Do you have a back-up option?

message 33: by Erica, Quality Control Supervisor (new)

Denise wrote: "Erica wrote: "Hi Denise! Oh boy, how to pick? So many of your books look so good...

I pick The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar and Lord of All Things by Andreas Eschbach for you, with..."

Oh no! How about 66 Metres (Nadia Laksheva Spy Thriller #1) by J.F. Kirwan ?

message 34: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Erica wrote: "Denise wrote: "Erica wrote: "Hi Denise! Oh boy, how to pick? So many of your books look so good...

I pick The Map of Salt and Stars by Jennifer Zeynab Joukhadar and [bookcover:Lord of All Things|18266066..."

That'll do the trick! Thank you againl. :)

message 35: by Theo (new)

Theo | 1919 comments Karina

I'll pick The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency #1) by John Scalzi and City of Miracles (The Divine Cities, #3) by Robert Jackson Bennett

Bonus: Out by Natsuo Kirino

message 36: by Rachel (last edited Jun 27, 2018 03:06PM) (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments I pick for Debbie G

Double Whammy by Carl Hiaasen & Murder Ties the Knot (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery, #4) by Christy Fifield
with a bonus book of:
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella , which is on your TBR shelf and many of my goodreads friends rated this highly!

message 37: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Bea (gekrepten) | 650 comments Dlyn wrote: "Rachel I pick for you:

And my recs are:
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster (it's one of my mother's favorite books & I would ..."

yay thank you so much!!! i was just debating on checking out The Good House as an audiobook so I will definitely do that now! I also have Providence coming in at the library, I forgot I had it on hold! those bonus books look great too - thank you so much!!!

message 38: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 957 comments Denise wrote: "☘KathyD☘,

My picks for you: Come Away with Me (With Me in Seattle, #1) by Kristen Proby & Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward (still my favourite book in the series ♥)

And as a bonus: Fury (New Species, #1) by Laurann Dohner - I've tr..."

Thanks Denise!! Sorry I made the bonus pick so difficult!! =)

message 39: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 534 comments Avid Reader and Geek Girl wrote: "Jenn

My picks for you are: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger This Darkness Mine by Mindy McGinnis with a bonus pick of Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) by Dean Koontz (the start of my favorite paranormal..."

ooh I love Dean Koonz but haven't read that series yet! Thank you!

message 40: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 534 comments I Pick for Karen♐: Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards & Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig Bonus Pick: Moonlight Sins (de Vincent, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hope you enjoy!

message 41: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (debbiegray) | 1020 comments Rachel wrote: "I pick for Debbie G

with a bonus book of:
Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella, which is on your TBR shelf and many of my go..."

Thanks for the picks Rachel....they're all great!

message 42: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 957 comments Erica...for July, I choose The King of Lies by John Hart and The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White ... for your bonus pick, I recommend The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Happy Reading!

message 43: by Erica, Quality Control Supervisor (new)

☘KathyD☘ wrote: "Erica...for July, I choose The King of Lies by John Hart and The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King #1-4) by T.H. White ... for your bonus pick, I recommend The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Happy Reading!"

Thanks! Your bonus pick looks great. I will try to get to it along with one of the other two... I don't think I can get to all three.

message 44: by Ezi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Chelle wrote: "Ezinwanyi wrote: "

Ezinwanyi, I choose for youThe Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish and Kill Game (Seven of Spades, #1) by Cordelia Kingsbridge because they both look really interesting. I am not up to date on too..."

You know me well! As Tiffany Haddish always says “She Ready!”
🙏🏾 Thank you for my picks

message 45: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Jun 28, 2018 05:26PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1485 comments Dlyn

I pick: Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay Crownover The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

Bonus: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

message 46: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 77 comments Danielle Gypsy Soul wrote: "Dlyn

I pick: Rule (Marked Men, #1) by Jay CrownoverThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

Bonus: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn"

Thank you!! I have been wanting to read Gone Girl, since I read and enjoy Flynn's other book Sharp Objects. :)

message 47: by Penumbra (last edited Jun 29, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Penumbra | 308 comments I pick for Theo:

Moonbird A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip Hoose and Boom! by Mark Haddon

Genre Choices: 1984 by George Orwell and/or The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

message 48: by Penumbra (new)

Penumbra | 308 comments Thanks Karina!

message 49: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1953 comments Jenn wrote: "I Pick for Karen♐: Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia, #1) by Nicole Edwards & Insidious (Tales from the Dark Side, #1) by Aleatha Romig Bonus Pick: Moonlight Sins (de Vincent, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hope you enjoy!"

Thanks so much!

message 50: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1953 comments Danielle Gypsy Rose, my picks for you are Him (Him #1) by Sarina Bowen Closer Than You Think (Romantic Suspense, #16; Cincinnati, #1) by Karen Rose and bonus Always by Kindle Alexander - I loved all 3 books. Hope you enjoy!

« previous 1