Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > 2018 July Pick-It-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 195 (195 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments 2018 July PIFM Challenge

What is the Pick-It-For-Me Challenge?

The Pick-It-For-Me Challenge (PIFM) is a reading challenge where each participant gives and receives book recommendations based on a given a set of rules. The assignment method and book selection rules change each month so it’s always new and always different.

The idea of the PIFM challenge is that you will get new-to-you books and authors selected for you as well as a push to read some books that have been lingering on your shelves. You may not be interested in the new books recommended, which is why you also get a minimum of four books from your shelf.

You only have to read ONE book to complete this challenge!

After signups are closed, your names and any extra info will go into the super secret PIFM randomizer and it will select someone for you to recommend books to and someone to give you recommendations. This list will be posted along with any specific picking rules for the month.

In order to participate you need to either HAVE YOUR PROFILE SET TO PUBLIC (preferable), or friend the person giving you recommendations. PLEASE NOTE: if you choose to keep your profile private, it is your responsibility to send a friend request to the person picking for you as soon as possible after the matchups are posted. Whether your profile is private or not, it is also very important that your profile be set to receive Private Messages (PMs) in case anyone needs to reach out to you (mods, organizer etc.)

Everything gets done in this thread so be sure to come back often!!!

Repicks:
You can ask for repicks if:
✱ The books picked for you are not yet released.
✱ If you have already read the chosen book(s) and they are on your ‘read’ shelf.
✱ If you did not receive four picks from your ‘to-read’ shelf, with at least one from your preferred shelf.

You may NOT ask for repicks because:
✱ A book is not available at your library.
✱ A genre or author you don’t enjoy.

INFORMATION NEEDED TO SIGN UP
Please sign up in this thread with the answer to the following question:

✱✱ Who are you going on vacation with this summer? ✱✱

a) Family - who else would I go on vacation with?
b) Friends - a getaway with my closest pals
c) By myself - a solo adventure
d) No vacation this summer - I’m stuck at work

✱✱ If you have a preferred shelf, please list it along with your pick! ✱✱

IMPORTANT DATES
For your convenience a Time Zone Converter.

You’ll have until June 27 8 pm US EDT to make your recommendations.

Please do not start reading your book(s) until the first of the month. You then have the entire month to read your pick(s) and give some feedback.

If you’re new please read the PIFM Guidelines and FAQ. If you have any questions that are not addressed there, please feel free to ask!

Please note that late sign ups will be included at the host's discretion and no one will be included after re-picks are assigned!✱

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments TIPS TO MAKE THE CHALLENGE ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE!

Pickees
✱ To help your picker understand the type of books you like or are currently reading, please make sure your ‘read’ shelf is up to date. You can create shelves for books you DNFed (Did Not Finish) or authors that don’t work for you as well as favorite books and authors. In addition, you might consider updating your profile. You can include info about your favorite books, authors, genres, themes or tropes (or themes/tropes you dislike – i.e. secret baby).
✱ Please do not specify likes/dislikes in the sign-up thread. This information will not be included in the pairings and your pickee may not see your message and does not need to rely on that information when making picks.

Pickers
✱ Please remember this is primarily a romance readers group. Thus, most, if not all, of your picks should be romance. There are various sub genres within the romance category - Contemporary, Historical, Paranormal, Romantic Suspense, Erotica, M/M, Urban Fantasy. If your pickee reads a wide variety, you could add a non-romance as a choice.

✱ Choose at least 4 new titles for your pickee. These can be brand new to them (not found on any of their shelves) or a book found on their shelves if they've never read any of the author's work previously.

A few hints to help with book selection:
Check the book’s publishing date. Select "date pub" from the checkbox selections and save.
Check pickee's personalized shelves, especially their exclusive shelves. A personalized shelf is one the member has created. (e.g., 'to read next', 'favorites' ‘didn’t like’)
Make sure the books you choose are not on their 'read' shelf. Just because it isn't rated doesn't mean it wasn't read.
Look at your pickee's 'read' shelf and see what genres they have recently read or read the most. Reviewing their ‘read’ shelf might help you in choosing something they are interested in reading right now.
✱ If your pickee reads lots of books in a genre you are not familiar with (erotic romance, GLBT, YA, etc.) Contact the Mods or the month's organizer for guidance.
Include a variety of books (e.g., shorter page count, new addition to their 'to-read' shelf, an older book on their 'to-read' shelf) This variety gives your pickee options when choosing the book or books they will be reading this month. Use the sort feature within their shelves to determine date a book was added, published or read; page numbers, ratings, etc.

If you want to volunteer to make repicks:
✱ We love that you want to help out, but please remember those who need picks have been waiting for a long time already. Please only volunteer if you are able to make the repicks within a few hours of the deadline. Thank you!

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:22PM) (new)

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jun 23, 2018 12:42PM) (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments 2018 July PIFM Challenge - Picking Rules

I want to thank Mary-Megan for creating this challenge, she was unable to host due to her own family vacation! But she created the fun that follows. =)

For a number of us, the months of June, July, and August mean summer and with that comes the memory of time off from school and vacation. How many of you remember the first school assignment being an essay about what you did on summer vacation? Let’s take a look at some vacation plans those essays might have detailed.

Stayed home - “I didn’t do anything this summer, just stayed at home and played with my friend and read books and played video games.”
Recommend a book that…
✏️ has best friends in it
✏️ features a character who is a loner or shy
✏️ has a single person on the cover

Summer School - “I got stuck going to school this summer because I failed History. The classroom was so hot and I didn’t get to sleep in ever.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ involves a school or has a character that is a teacher or student
✏️ is YA or a book with a child/ren
✏️ is labeled historical romance or historical fiction

Went to Grandma’s - “I was shipped off to Grandma’s house so that my parents could have some ‘alone time.’ We made cookies every day.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ features a parent or grandparents
✏️ features someone who works with food (chef, baker, waitress, bartender, etc)
✏️ has food on the cover
✏️ has a mainly black and white cover

Camping - “I went camping. The ground was hard, there were no bathrooms, but we had s’mores and told ghost stories by the fire.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ is categorized as paranormal, fantasy, sci fi, or horror
✏️ has a character who works with outdoors (park ranger, rancher, etc)
✏️ has a cover with an outdoors scene
✏️ has a green or yellow cover

A trip to Europe - “I went to Europe and saw the Queen, the Eiffel Tower, and went for a gondola ride in Venice.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ takes place in a European country
✏️ features royalty or a wealthy character
✏️ has a red or purple cover

Theme parks - “I went to Disney and Universal and Seaworld. There were so many rides!”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ is labeled adventure, thriller, or suspense
✏️ takes place in Florida or California
✏️ features an animal on the cover or in the story
✏️ has a couple embracing on the cover

A cruise - “I went on a cruise and didn’t get seasick. I read by the beach and went snorkeling. I even pet a stingray and got a serious sunburn.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ takes place in a tropical location
✏️ has a cover with the beach or water or the sun
✏️ has a cover with a lot of blue

Road trip - “I went on a road trip. There was so much driving in the car my butt went numb, but we saw the world’s largest ball of twine, so that was cool.”
Recommend a book that...
✏️ involves a road trip or travel
✏️ takes place in a state that Route 66 goes through (Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, or California)
✏️ features a character in law enforcement or the military
✏️ has a mode of transportation on the cover (car, train, plane, bike, etc)

Please make sure you pick 4 new-to-them books and 4 from their to-read or preferred shelf for your pickee. If a preferred shelf is given, at least one book must come from that list!

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jun 27, 2018 05:25PM) (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments 2018 July PIFM Challenge - Pairings

Please pick for the person below you on each list with the last person picking for the first person. For example, Mary-Megan picks for Romanticbookworm and Alexa picks for Mary-Megan.

✓ = Picks made.

Updated through message #136.

Family - who else would I go on vacation with?:
Mary-Megan - june-july
Romanticbookworm - pick-for-me
Carina - nextofftheshelf
Carrie - soonish
Andrea
Ashley
Fran(Private) - a-pifm-shelf‎
Elke - on-deck-4-chlges
LaurLa - 04-challenges-picklist
Nancy H
Hazel - on-kindle
Sonja - pifm
MountainKat - to-read-asap
Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress - meet-greet-picks
Alexa

Friends - a getaway with my closest pals & By myself - a solo adventure:
Ezinwanyi - audio-unread
Courtney - pfm-july
HeatherMarie - unread-deadtree or unread-kindle

No vacation this summer - I’m stuck at work:
Diane ~Firefly~ - next-to-read
Laura - pick-for-me
~KarenH~ - can't-wait-to-read
jenny - to-read-soon
KathyD - pick-shelf-must
fleurette - meet-n-greet
Rebecca
Chiara - 2018-reading-challenges

Latecomer:
✓ Suzanne - Hazel made picks.

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments 2018 July PIFM Challenge

message 7: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments I'm in! D for me :'(
My preferred shelf: to-read-soon

message 8: by Courtney (last edited Jun 22, 2018 12:52AM) (new)

Courtney | 251 comments c) Solo... but for the rest of the summer. (d)

pfm-july

message 9: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 726 comments Unfortunately I'm in D :(

My shelf is: 2018-reading-challenges

message 10: by LaurLa (new)

LaurLa | 3815 comments Me please!!! I am A... in just a week :-)
04-challenges-picklist‎

message 11: by fleurette (new)

fleurette | 274 comments I'm in D. I just started new job

My shelf: meet-n-greet‎

message 12: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11473 comments I'm in! (private profile, happy to friend anyone who picks for me)

I'm an A.....vacationing with family :)

PIFM shelf- https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 13: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments I am in!

"A" for me....I am going to Europe this summer with my hubby!

Please pick from my On deck 4 chlges

message 14: by Carina (new)

Carina | 161 comments A ) use nextofftheshelf

message 15: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1458 comments D for me.

Next To Read

message 16: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 826 comments A for me,
Soonish shelf please.

message 17: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2387 comments I’m in again - A for me 27 days and counting😀

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 18: by ☘KathyD☘ (new)

☘KathyD☘ | 3080 comments i'm in with d...no vacay for me!
pick-shelf-must

message 19: by Ezi (last edited Jun 20, 2018 05:29PM) (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 2657 comments Hehehe. I’m going on two trips. One with hubby and kids next week and in July, a couples cruise with my two besties & their husbands
So I’m A/B
My shelf: Audio Unread

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 788 comments D No vacation this summer - I’m stuck at work

message 22: by Mary-Megan (new)

Mary-Megan | 2230 comments A for me (currently at Disneyland with the family)

Please use : June-July

message 23: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 976 comments Definitely A

message 24: by ☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ (last edited Jun 21, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 2001 comments I'm in and A
Shelf: M&G

message 25: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Jun 21, 2018 10:58AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 1243 comments me too
Pick-for-me shelf

But i work on One of the Greek islands so its not too bad.... we are going Skiing in the winter instead and Also to Athens!!!

message 26: by Sonja (last edited Jun 21, 2018 11:24AM) (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1159 comments EEK I almost missed this one! Thank goodness for your emails, Fran!
Let's see... it's either A or D - planning to go somewhere in August with family, but we haven't bought flights yet and I don't have much vacation left... I'm gonna be optimistic and say A - Family!! Final answer! Trying to plan an RV trip with my parents, hubs and kids! :)
PIFM shelf, please!

message 27: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2387 comments Laura wrote: "me too
Pick-for-me shelf

But i work on One of the Greek islands so its not too bad.... we are going Skiing in the winter instead and Also to Athens!!!"

Laura which Island do you work on? My parents live in Rhodes. 😃

message 28: by Romanticbookworm (new)

Romanticbookworm | 345 comments It will be A if I get my way and talk my other half round :). if not then D :( but going to be optimistic and say A :).

Please use my Pick For Me shelf please

message 29: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Mary-Megan wrote: "A for me (currently at Disneyland with the family)

Please use : June-July"

I was there on Wednesday too!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (mckinseya) | 164 comments A. to-read is my shelf. or something along those lines!

message 31: by Alexa (new)

Alexa (psreadthisbook) | 313 comments A for me please.

No special shelf here.

message 32: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8262 comments I'm in! I'm a D, although I'll have lots of family visiting me this summer so in a way I suppose I could qualify for A, too! =)

Please use my cant-wait-to-read shelf...thanks!

message 33: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Well, I'm going to say A for me. I'm not really going anywhere, but we are going to be playing with visiting family - including a 4th of July BBQ and a trip to Disneyland!

Please use my to-read-asap shelf.

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Hopefully A....maybe we’ll get away, at least for a weekend?!?
Please use my “To Read” shelf.

message 35: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Just a little bit left to sign up and I finally got the participant list updated! It's been a busy few days...

message 36: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Signups are closed. I will be back shortly with the rules and pairings! It might take a little longer than usual though, my computer is being super slow this morning...

message 37: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Rules are posted above in message #4 and pairings are in message #5.

Have fun everyone!

message 38: by Laura..devouring books like crumpets (last edited Jun 25, 2018 05:44AM) (new)

Laura..devouring books like crumpets (lauzacookie) | 1243 comments Karen H
my picks for you!
Stayed home - Recommend a book that…
✏️ has a single person on the cover
Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1) by Aja James Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely
Summer School - Recommend a book that...
✏️ involves a school or has a character that is a teacher or student
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg Getting Schooled (Getting Some, #1) by Emma Chase
Went to Grandma’s - Recommend a book that...
✏️ features a parent or grandparents/ black white cover
The Secrets Of Married Women by Carol Mason Irresistibly Yours (Oxford, #1) by Lauren Layne
Camping - Recommend a book that...
✏️ is categorized as paranormal, fantasy, sci fi, or horror
Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles, #1) by Amelia Hutchins Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26) by Lynsay Sands
A trip to Europe - Recommend a book that...
✏️ has a red or purple cover
Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1) by Susannah Sandlin To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2) by Cindy Gerard
Theme parks - Recommend a book that...
✏️ features an animal on the cover or in the story
A Cat Called Cupid by Mazy Morris Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2) by Ilona Andrews
A cruise - Recommend a book that...
✏️ has a cover with a lot of blue
The Sea Queen (The Dark Queens, #1) by Jovee Winters Darkness Torn Asunder (Paladins of Darkness, #9.5) by Alexis Morgan
Road trip - Recommend a book that...
✏️ features a character in law enforcement or the military
Stolen (Unlikely Heroes #1) by Leslie Georgeson Rainy Day Friends (Wildstone, #2) by Jill Shalvis

Enjoy

message 39: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (sonjac) | 1159 comments MountainKat, I pick for you! I’m in the middle of prep for a huge birthday party tomorrow for my son. I’ll have your picks Sunday night or Monday morning!

message 40: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Happy Birthday to your son! No hurry on the picks. =)

message 41: by Elke (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1810 comments Laurla,

I will have your picks up on Monday!

message 42: by ~KarenH~, Moderator (new)

~KarenH~ | 8262 comments Hey Jenny! Here are my picks for you. We definitely have some stuff in common, but it's a pretty specific group. Since I wanted to find as many as I could that you'd be interested in, some of the new to you picks are on your shelf. There's no indication that you've read the authors before though, so they still qualify as new. I hope you find something here that excites you!

Stayed home - “I didn’t do anything this summer, just stayed at home and played with my friend and read books and played video games.”
TBR: The Goal
New: The Hooker and the Hermit

Summer School - “I got stuck going to school this summer because I failed History. The classroom was so hot and I didn’t get to sleep in ever.”
TBR: Beautiful Mistake
New: The Governess Affair

Went to Grandma’s - “I was shipped off to Grandma’s house so that my parents could have some ‘alone time.’ We made cookies every day.”
TBR: Down London Road
New: Into the Fire

Camping - “I went camping. The ground was hard, there were no bathrooms, but we had s’mores and told ghost stories by the fire.”
TBR: Love and Other Words
New: Exclusively Yours

A trip to Europe - “I went to Europe and saw the Queen, the Eiffel Tower, and went for a gondola ride in Venice.”
TBR: Royally Matched
New: The Swedish Prince

Theme parks - “I went to Disney and Universal and Seaworld. There were so many rides!”
TBR: The Year We Fell Down
New: Barely Breathing

A cruise - “I went on a cruise and didn’t get seasick. I read by the beach and went snorkeling. I even pet a stingray and got a serious sunburn.”
TBR: The Hating Game
New: Sweet Little Lies

Road trip - “I went on a road trip. There was so much driving in the car my butt went numb, but we saw the world’s largest ball of twine, so that was cool.”
TBR: End of Day
New: The Perfect Play

Happy Reading!

message 43: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 659 comments Ezinwanyi,
I'll have your picks up Monday night.

message 44: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 1458 comments Laura

We didn't have a ton of books in common, which left me with plenty of options for new books for you. I hope you enjoy your picks.

Stayed home: Slouch Witch by Helen Harper is a great read. Ivy loses her comfortable, boring life when she is accidently tied to Winter to work with Arcane Branch. Or check out Forged in Fire by Trish McCallan where a woman has a premonition a plane will be hijacked and hopes the SEALs on the flight will help her stop it.

Slouch Witch (The Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic, #1) by Helen Harper Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1) by Trish McCallan

Summer School: Check out Fear University by Meg Collett. Or The Deal by Elle Kennedy which has the star hockey player making a deal to help improve his grades by pretending to be her boyfriend so the football player will notice her. One of my favorite characters ever.

Fear University (Fear University, #1) by Meg Collett The Deal (Off-Campus, #1) by Elle Kennedy

Went to Grandma’s: Batter Up by Robyn Neeley. Or a strange world where families control aspects of life (water, sun, chaos, etc) and what happens when many of them are wiped out in Warrior from the Shadowland by Cassandra Gannon

Batter Up (Bachelors of Buttermilk Falls, #1) by Robyn Neeley Warrior from the Shadowland (Elemental Phases, #1) by Cassandra Gannon

Camping: Charmed & Witchy: Demon Isle Witches: A Legacy of Magic by Ruby Raine. Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett starts a great four book series where bartender Arcadia searching for a demon to clear her parents' name.

Charmed & Witchy Demon Isle Witches A Legacy of Magic (Supernatural Protectors Series Book 1) by Ruby Raine Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1) by Jenn Bennett

A trip to Europe: Check out England in Black Annis: Demon Hunter by Aubrey Law. Or see if a thief can steal from a dragon and survive in Dragon Bound

Black Annis Demon Hunter (Revenge of the Witch, #1) by Aubrey Law Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

Theme parks: Check out one of the best UF series out there with Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews. Kate Daniels is awesome! Or see what happens when a human insurance inspector goes to Alaska to find out why a company's trucks keep being hijacked and they try and keep their secrets in Kodiak's Claim by Eve Langlais

Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews Kodiak's Claim (Kodiak Point, #1) by Eve Langlais

A cruise: Check out The River Witch by Helena Rookwood. Or Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep where a young thief is forced to be a bodyguard in a world where monsters exist.

The River Witch (The River Witch #1) by Helena Rookwood Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1) by Jennifer Estep

Road trip: The princess travels quite a bit on her quest to right her world in Spelled by Betsy Schow. Or check out this small California town settled by shapeshifter families and what happens when they hire a sheriff and don't share the secret in Shifting Dreams by Elizabeth Hunter

Spelled (The Storymakers, #1) by Betsy Schow Shifting Dreams (Cambio Springs, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter

message 45: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23475 comments Hi Carmen! Here are your picks, I hope I found some good ones for you. =)

Stayed home:
NEW: Defiant by Pamela Clare - Love anything she writes!
TBR: Dirty by Kylie Scott - I'm enjoying this series!

Summer School:
NEW: The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen - This series was so good, and I'm not a YA fan!
TBR: Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland - Loved this one!

Went to Grandma's:
NEW: Dear Bridget, I Want You by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland - I was surprised how much I enjoyed this, don't know why because I like the authors.
TBR: Delicious by Susan Mallery - I read this series years ago and like them a lot!

Camping:
NEW: The Player by K. Bromberg - So good, but a major cliffhanger - the second book makes up for it though!
TBR: Accidental Leigh by Melanie James - Looks good!

A trip to Europe:
NEW: Until Fountain Bridge by Samantha Young - This series is fabulous!
TBR: Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James - She writes such good books!

Theme parks:
NEW: The Good Luck Sister by Jill Shalvis - Tilly and Dylan's story - so sweet!
TBR: Fatal Justice by Marie Force - I need to get to this one...

A cruise:
NEW: Part-Time Lover by Lauren Blakely - Follow up to Wanderlust - I'm looking forward to it!
TBR: Finding Kyle by Sawyer Bennett - FAC for July!

Road trip:
NEW: Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice - Love her writing - steamy and good!
TBR: Joy Ride by Lauren Blakely - This one was great!

Happy Reading!

message 46: by jenny (new)

jenny (ynnej405) | 353 comments ~KarenH~ wrote: "Hey Jenny! Here are my picks for you. We definitely have some stuff in common, but it's a pretty specific group. Since I wanted to find as many as I could that you'd be interested in, some of the n..."

Hi Karen,
Thanks so much for the great picks! I added quite a few to my tbr and those that were already on it definitely moved higher on my list ;) Now I'm really looking forward to July!

Hi KathyD,
I have a busy day today but I'll have your picks up tomorrow! :)

message 47: by fleurette (last edited Jun 24, 2018 02:02AM) (new)

fleurette | 274 comments Rebecca
We have so many books in common and your TBR pile is so enormous! It wasn't an easy task to find something truly new to you, so just a few books that are not from your shelf, sorry. Let me know if you need some re-picks. Happy reading!

Stayed home
TBR: Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane (loner) - interesting world-building, some new ideas
TBR: Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh (single person on the cover) - PNR series with some fresh twists
NEW: Dark Witch by Nora Roberts (best friends, shy character) - one of Nora Roberts's paranormal trilogies

Summer School
TBR: The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (school) - I loved it
TBR: The Magicians by Lev Grossman - set in a school of magic
NEW: Burning Lamp by Amanda Quick - historical paranormal

Went to Grandma’s
TBR: Postern of Fate by Agatha Christie (black and white)
TBR: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke (food on the cover, bakery owner)

Camping
TBR: Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris (paranormal) - a really nice mystery series
TBR: Once Haunted, Twice Shy by H.P. Mallory (outdoors scene)
NEW: Eternal Seduction by Jennifer Turner (paranormal) - indi book with unusual heroine

A trip to Europe
TBR: Blood Price by Tanya Huff - (the royalty character) this series is a bit in the lines of Anita Blake
TBR: Street Magic by Caitlin Kittredge (set in Europe) - a very nice urban fantasy series
NEW: The Evil Inside by Heather Graham (purple cover) - paranormal mystery series with ghosts, an easy read

Theme parks
TBR: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs (animal) - I love this series more than Mercy one, give it another chance
TBR: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole (couple embracing on the cover)

A cruise
TBR: The Island by Heather Graham (tropical location) - nice beach read (I know, I know, we are both in D group of those who are stuck at work, but it's nice to read some beachy read from time to time)
TBR: Holiday In The Hamptons by Sarah Morgan (beach on the cover)

Road trip
TBR: Holiday in Death by J.D. Robb (police, motorcycle on the cover) - one of my favourite series ever
NEW: Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch (law enforcement) - great paranormal mystery series about a policeman in London
NEW: Casting Spells by Barbara Bretton (cop) - cozy paranormal mystery

Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh Dark Witch (The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss The Magicians (The Magicians, #1) by Lev Grossman Burning Lamp (Arcane Society, #8; Dreamlight Trilogy, #2) by Amanda Quick Postern of Fate (Tommy and Tuppence, #5) by Agatha Christie Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke Grave Sight (Harper Connelly, #1) by Charlaine Harris Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2) by H.P. Mallory Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within, #1) by Jennifer Turner Blood Price (Vicki Nelson, #1) by Tanya Huff Street Magic (Black London, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters #4) by Heather Graham Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark #4) by Kresley Cole The Island by Heather Graham Holiday In The Hamptons by Sarah Morgan Holiday in Death (In Death, #7) by J.D. Robb Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1) by Ben Aaronovitch Casting Spells (Sugar Maple, #1) by Barbara Bretton

message 48: by Chiara (new)

Chiara | 726 comments Hi Diane ~Firefly~
These are my picks for you. I hope you'll like them :)

1. Stayed Home
TBR: Back to December by Lucy Gage (single person on the cover)
NEW: Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan (features a character who is lonely)
Back to December (Ward Sisters #1) by Lucy Gage Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan

2. Summer School
TBR: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris (labeled historical fiction)
NEW: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (labeled historical romance)
My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1) by Rachel Harris Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

3. Went to Grandma's
TBR: Peaches and Scream by Susan Furlong (has food on the cover)
NEW: The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry (black and white cover)
Peaches and Scream (Georgia Peach Mystery, #1) by Susan Furlong The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry

4. Camping
TBR: Moonshadow by Thea Harrison (tagged as paranormal)
NEW: Waterfall Effect by K.K. Allen (outdoor scene on the cover)
Moonshadow (Moonshadow, #1) by Thea Harrison Waterfall Effect by K.K. Allen

5. A Trip to Europe
TBR: Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm (has a red cover, features royalty AND takes place in Europe!)
NEW: Royally Screwed by Emma Chase (features royalty)
Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm Royally Screwed (Royally, #1) by Emma Chase

6. Theme Parks
TBR: Falling for Trouble by Sarah Title (couple embracing on the cover)
NEW: The Best Man by Kristan Higgins (features an animal AND a couple embracing on the cover)
Falling for Trouble (Librarians in Love #2) by Sarah Title The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1) by Kristan Higgins

7. A Cruise
TBR: Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis (beach on the cover)
NEW: On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves (takes place in a tropical location)
Lost and Found Sisters (Wildstone, #1) by Jill Shalvis On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves

8. Road Trip
TBR: Worth the Fall by Claudia Connor (features a character in the military)
NEW: After We Fall by Melanie Harlow (features a character in the military)
Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, #1) by Claudia Connor After We Fall by Melanie Harlow

message 49: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2108 comments Sorry, I was volunteering at summer camp with kids this week and missed the sign up for PIFM. If there is a re-pick round for late comers I'll pick for someone. Thanks!

message 50: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (x1f4d6hx1f4d6) | 2387 comments I would be happy to pick for you Suzanne if you’re looking to take part. Don’t know if that’s allowed or not?

« previous 1 3 4