Start by marking “The Island” as Want to Read:
The Island

The Island

On a weekend vacation Beth Anderson is unnerved when a stroll on the beach reveals what appears to be a skull. As a stranger approaches, Beth panics and covers the evidence. But when she later returns to the beach, the skull is gone.

Determined to find solid evidence to bring to the police, Beth digs deeper into the mystery of the skull and everywhere she goes, Keith Henson
Published February 20th 2007 by Mira (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Island

Miriam
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: waiting rooms, travel
Shelves: mystery
This is an all right light read if one can get past the fact that the "suspense" plot is predicated on almost all the characters being utter morons. The heroine, Beth, was okay, but everyone else seemed so dumb and one-dimensional I just couldn't believe they were real. The story opens with Beth and her brother Ben camping on a small island with his daughter Amber and her best friend Kim. Beth and the two girls are walking and stumble over a skull. Immediately a muscular stranger appears and sta ...more
Olivia "Don't Blame Me I Voted for Hillary"
This is the first book in a long time that I've started and not finished. I found it extremely boring. So as I always do with books I don't finish I've given it one star.
Linda
Sep 02, 2011 rated it did not like it
The Island>/i> opens with a mystery: did Beth and her niece stumble upon a human skull while camping on a remote island? But it rapidly becomes just another typical romance novel. Beautiful Beth meets hunky Keith, and immediately feels that there's something suspicious about him. He can't say or do anything right in her eyes. No one believes her tale about the skull, but when she returns home and resumes her job as social director at the yacht club, Beth is compelled to discover whether th ...more
Carolyn
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graham-heather
The lead female character aggravated the crap out of me. She was an idiot! Not my favorite Heather Graham book.
Marica (The Book Chick)
You can read more of my reviews at my blog The Book Chick.

If one can get past the fact that the suspense plot is predictable and the characters are morons, it is an okay, light read. Nothing overly exciting but a good, fluffy book who got the job done. I wanted something like it and i'm happy that I did get just that. Even though I can't call it a literary wonder-work.

I do like mystery/suspense romances and the idea of the book was good and believable. There is some strong parts and in the begin
Bruce
Sep 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
There was so many different people that were undistinguished from each other. When it ended and was told who did what, I didn't know who they were talking about.
Hobby

Thought : mmm...entah karena terjemahan atau memang ceritanya rada mbulet (berputar-putar kyk gasing)

Books “PEMBUNUHAN DI CALLIOPE KEY”
Judul Asli : THE ISLAND
Copyright © 2006 Heather Graham
Penerbit VioletBooks
Alih Bahasa : Theresia Arie P.
Editor : Mira Raimayati, Anna Erwina Dewi
Lay-out : Budi Triyanto
Cetakan I : 2010 ; ISBN 978-979-0813-526
Rate : 2.5 of 5
Setelah menyelesaikan ‘The Last Noel’ diriku langsung berlanjut dengan ‘The Island’ yang premisnya menjanjikan petualangan menegangkan serta m
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 rated it it was ok
I will warn you ahead of time. This wasn't Graham's strongest book, not by a long shot. In fact, I would say that it is one of the weakest books she's put out so far. Even so, it's not bad for a fluff read.

The story begins with Beth & her family going to nearby Calliope Island for a weekend camping trip. From there she finds a skull, meets a hottie, loses a skull & gains a huge mystery. Unfortunately for the hottie, Beth is uber-suspicious of him from the start- something that puts a cr
Carl Alves
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
In The Island Beth Anderson goes on a trip to a remote island near Florida with her brother and her nephew. She finds a skull there and gets all freaked out, recalling a story about a missing couple. This leads her to investigate the situation in what turns out to be a convoluted mystery.

The Island is a very flawed novel. For one thing, none of the characters are all that interesting, and it's hard to care about them, in particular the love interest that Beth develops with the mysterious manly m
Janalynn
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I didn't identify with the protagonists and finished it out of boredom, not because it held my attention. The beginning, the part where they are on the actual island is the best part.
Jerrine Regester
Nov 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
I picked up this book because I was intrigued by the plot summary, had just been to Cuba and was heading to Hawaii - needed a good beach read. This was not it. As my daughter tells me, life is too short to read a bad book. This is a bad book. Poorly developed characters, poorly developed plot, and poorly written. Heather Graham is not an author I would pick up again. Too many other good others in this genre to waste time on.
Kem
Aug 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has an interesting plot, but there are flaws. Characters start out strong and turn into wimps and stupid on top of it. A teenager isn't protected by keeping them in the dark and her Dad too? Not at all realistic. There's a lot of suspense, but the climax is a dud. There are things I like, but the writing falls short of the mark. I've read a lot of Graham books and never been this disappointed.
Palmgirl
Jul 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
It started out great. It grabbed me and peaked my interest while they were on the island. After they left, the story just completely fell off the cliff. I was hoping it would get better, but it just didn't happen.
Loretta
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Not horrible, considering it was a mystery romance!
Katherine
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down. I thought I knew who the killer was till the last page of the book. 😊😊
Sara
Apr 07, 2018 rated it liked it
good
Heather
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved it
Genevieve Morello
Great story

Heather Graham is amazing The stories are great And the heroes are always handsome and sexy Read everything by her and you won't be disappointed
Caitlin Meaton
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cheesy and predictable.
Marseydoats
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was great. A fast paced read that made the last day of vacation much more bearable. I did figure out who part of the bad guys were beforehand.
Kay
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
Loved this book. Characters were so well developed you felt like you could sit and join them. And the twists and turns in the plot kept you guessing till the very end. Great read!!!
Julie
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: from-library
An excruciatingly slow beginning, which finally led to a pretty decent ending
Tgordon
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Boring really started great but could not finish.
Kim Williams
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars

Very suspenseful enjoyed the twisted ending. Don't know what else to say so this is the end as we know it.
Lester
May 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Time passer....
Patricia
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017_audio
This book was entertaining. No great revelations for the most part, but did keep me guessing and entertained until the end.
Denise Whelan
Jun 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book!
Jim Swike
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good mystery, good characters, and keeps you turning pages. Enjoy!
Jerry King
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
2006
Veronica Lindsey
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
One with some familiar faces and some new ones. Love the island scenes and the mystery.
  • Eyes Of Fire
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Silver Falls
  • Purple Knot (Shades of Hope, #1)
  • Tales of the Dim Knight
  • Cold Target
  • Wrong Place, Wrong Time
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • The Dragonfly Season
  • Waves of Regret
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria