Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2018 ~ Monthly Challenges > June 2018 ~ Pick-For-Me Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 166 (166 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Grey (last edited Jun 19, 2018 02:22PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Pick for Me Challenge!!!

Come one, come all! It's fun... really!!!

1. Create a new shelf, or update the existing shelf on your Goodreads profile, that includes approximately 20 books that you would like to have someone else use to pick a book for you to read. Label it "Pick For Me." Only books from this designated shelf will be selected for this challenge, (no matter how badly some of us want to pick something else)!

2. Post in this thread that you want to participate this month.

3. Provide the link to your Pick For Me shelf, (this will make it a bit easier for all parties involved... unless you all really *want* to read Jezebel. *a new month, a new pick from me!*)

4. On the last day of the month, Fabi/Kooloo will use the randomizer to pair up everyone. (Or worst case scenario, Grey will pick for everyone, and you *know* what that means, LOL!)

5. Friend your partner who is picking for you or set your profile to public or your partner will not be able to access your shelf.

6. Post your selection for your partner in this thread.

7. Come back after finishing the book selected for you by your partner (even if it's after the month has ended) and let everybody know what you think about it.

**The sign up period will remain open until pairs are posted on June 1st and you'll have until June 4th to select a book for your partner.**

Sample shelf: Grey's Pick For Me

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Lisa Picked The Wright Love (Wright Love Duet, #1) by K.A. Linde for Melinda; Melinda rated

Tessa Picked Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard for Kooloo; Kooloo rated

Leslie Picked Affairytale (Affairytale, #1) by C.J. English for Lisa; Lisa rated it 4 stars!

Paula Picked The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4) by Brittainy C. Cherry for Grey; Grey rated it 4 stars!

Renee Picked Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1) by Leisa Rayven for Stephanie; Stephanie rated it 4 stars!

Ela Picked Making Faces by Amy Harmon for Michele; Michele rated 5 stars .... Ela also tried to cheat and pick several more books for Michele, but we're gonna just gonna let Michele pick her own pace for this first month of challenges ;)

Jean Picked Girl Crush by Stephie Walls for Bethany; Bethany rated

Grey Picked Make Me Stay (Panic, #2) by Sidney Halston for Leslie; Leslie rated it 4.25 stars! (Grey did a happy dance!)

Jan Picked Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) by Sarina Bowen for Paula; Paula rated it 4 stars and wound up reading and loving the whole series!

Melinda Picked The Pebble Jar by H.A. Robinson for Jean; Jean Rated it 5 stars!

Michele Picked The Idea of You by Robinne Lee for Ela; Ela rated it 2 stars.

Stephanie Picked Drive by Kate Stewart for Jan; Jan rated

Bethany Picked Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2) by Karina Halle for Tessa; Tessa rated it 4 stars!

Kooloo Pick For Me for Renee

message 2: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in - same shelf as always!

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I'm in.

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am in too!!

message 5: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 796 comments I’m in - same shelf!

message 6: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Meee!

message 7: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Yo

message 8: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in.....I feel so behind on everything. Did I even finish my challenges this month?!?

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I'm behind on my May challenges for sure. I got my Pick for Me done. I'm working on my ATF right now. Still have to do the TBR Continuation of Series one. I kinda got myself bogged down with every ARC imaginable. I can't seem to not sign up for those, and then I feel all kinds of pressure.

message 10: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Ditto Lisa! I think the only one I didn't complete was the continuation of the series too. I have to check!

message 11: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "I'm behind on my May challenges for sure. I got my Pick for Me done. I'm working on my ATF right now. Still have to do the TBR Continuation of Series one. I kinda got myself bogged down with every ..."

Same. Speaking of, I need to get my shit in a pile. I have a proof that I need to finish and then like a dozen ARC's... not quite, but several... and a beta that I *want* to read. Gah, #firstworldproblems, LOL!

message 12: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa wrote: "I'm behind on my May challenges for sure. I got my Pick for Me done. I'm working on my ATF right now. Still have to do the TBR Continuation of Series one. I kinda got myself bogged down with every ..."

Oooh, Lisa! Am I remembering correctly that you're reading Painted Faces? One of my most-loved books!

message 13: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am not finished May challenges yet either.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Renee wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I'm behind on my May challenges for sure. I got my Pick for Me done. I'm working on my ATF right now. Still have to do the TBR Continuation of Series one. I kinda got myself bogged dow..."

Yes maam. I picked it from your list of faves. Loving it already!!

message 15: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I loved Painted Faces too! Did anybody ever read the 2nd book?

message 16: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Jean--I wanted to but never did for some reason.

Maybe we should BR??

message 17: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa wrote: "Renee wrote: "Lisa wrote: "I'm behind on my May challenges for sure. I got my Pick for Me done. I'm working on my ATF right now. Still have to do the TBR Continuation of Series one. I kinda got mys..."

Yay, Lisa. I hope you love it! After I read it, I tried to get everyone I knew to read it.

message 18: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) I'm in. Same shelf.

message 19: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments I'm in too. Just about to start mine

message 20: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee wrote: "Jean--I wanted to but never did for some reason.

Maybe we should BR??"

I think I may be in the same boat???

message 21: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I know me too. I FLoved Painted Faces... I dont have book 2 yet though...

message 22: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I don't have book 2 either.... and I seriously need to be on a spending freeze!

message 23: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I wanna do this. I'm newer on here so I just have to get all the logistics set but sounds super fun!

message 24: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Hi Michele! *waving with glitter* YES we are that type of bunch... So basically just like the Bad Mommy thread we would/will set up another BR thread for this book and you can join. Also, we have a bunch of monthly reading challenges! Lots of fun!

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Standing behind Ela and nodding....it is lots of fun! Welcome to the challenges!

message 26: by Leslie (last edited May 23, 2018 03:20PM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Hi Michele! 🙋 We love "fresh meat" for our challenges. So welcome! 🤗

Just add a bunch of books to your "pick for me" shelf and who gets you will choose your book to read for June from that list. Then whoever you get, you will choose a book off their list for them to read.

message 27: by Leslie (last edited May 31, 2018 06:22AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Which reminds me...I need to update my shelf.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 28: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Hi, Michele!! Welcome to the jungle!

message 29: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments ...we've got fun and games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2...

message 30: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments I want to play this month! Most have these have been on my TBR for way too long!

message 31: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
*tosses glitter* Ok, whew! I'm back! Welcome to the Wolfpack, Michele and Stephanie! We're a mostly tame bunch. Hush, Ela... *giggle*

I need to update my shelves too. I'm in too, obviously, LOL!

message 32: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Stephanie wrote: "I want to play this month! Most have these have been on my TBR for way too long!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Ooooh. I see goodies! :) Course, if I get you, I'm going to make you read Mafia and his Angel. I need more people to read it so everyone knows how insanely wonderful that story really is.

Let that be a warning to all of you. If I get you, and you have that book on your list, I will pick it for you. Ask Jean, you'll thank me for it later. Oh, unless I know you won't like it. Then I'll tell you don't read it. :)

message 33: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) 'fresh meat'. *shakes head* LOL. Welcome Stephanie and Michele.

message 34: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Lol - thanks for the “welcome” y’all!

message 35: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Stephanie wrote: "I want to play this month! Most have these have been on my TBR for way too long!

OMG JEZEBEL, WHISPERS AND ROARS AND JACK AND JILL...YOU MUST READ ALL 3 THEN THE 2 TO FINISH JACK AND JILL SERIES!!!!!!!

message 36: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Tessa wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I want to play this month! Most have these have been on my TBR for way too long!

Ooooh. I see goodies..."

*shrugs* Added to PFM

message 37: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Ela wrote: "Tessa wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I want to play this month! Most have these have been on my TBR for way too long!

Ooooh...."

*does happy dance* You'd like it. :)

message 38: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments Can I just claim Stephanie as my Pick For Me this month? Her list is pure perfection and I'm dying to make a choice for her!!

message 39: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I would claim Stephanie too - - one of my all time faves is on her list!

message 40: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments *rubs hands together*

I already know what I am picking if I get Stephanie or Michele!!

Love the "fresh meat" 😛

message 41: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Uh oh Leslie - - now you're making me nervous ...

message 42: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Where's your shelf Michele???? Huh?

message 43: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Here it is Ela ... *bites nails*

message 44: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Oh Michele!!!!!!!! Juicy!

message 45: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I know!!! I've got lots of goodies on there! Super excited to read any of them!

message 46: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Omg, I want Michele! Her list is epic....so many great books!

message 47: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Hi Michelle, your list is great. Room 212 by Kate Stewart. That's her best book.
There's lots of goodies there.

message 48: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments You guys are cracking me up. I can't wait to have something picked for me. Some of those books have been on the TBR for YEARS (it seems).

message 49: by Steph (new)

Steph | 109 comments Haha... what if Michele and I GET EACH OTHER!?!

message 50: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Ha! That would be funny Stephanie!!

« previous 1 3 4