Start by marking “Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1)” as Want to Read:
Bad Romeo (Starcrossed, #1)

Bad Romeo (Starcrossed #1)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  17,662 Ratings  ·  2,885 Reviews
When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life an ...more
Published December 23rd 2014 by St. Martin’s Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Bad Romeo, please sign up.
Leisa Hi Christine! We haven't really seen the breakups yet, but we really get inside the nitty-gritty of each break up in Broken Juliet (hence the name.…moreHi Christine! We haven't really seen the breakups yet, but we really get inside the nitty-gritty of each break up in Broken Juliet (hence the name. Lol!)

I can tell you the first break up is in their first year at college, and the second one is in their third year (when Ethan leaves for Europe, which is mentioned in Bad Romeo.)

Thanks for your question! :)(less)
Isabella Err... I did some search and didn't found nothing about this university. But I think Juilliard would be the most closer thing to a real life Grove.

…more

(sorry for any error, english isn't my native language)(less)

Aestas Book Blog
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED ::: 5 STARS!!! :::

Casting for Ethan...

WOW!! Holy sexual tension!!

This book had the ultimate hate-to-love-each-other, dysfunctional-but-can't-stay-away, love-you-forever-no-matter-how-painful type of love story. It just had this intense spark to it that made my heart race! It's a second chance romance with a moody, brooding, tortured bad boy hero and I loved every word. 5 STARS!!

While performing the greatest love story of all time, they discovered one of their own..
Colleen Hoover
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Where for art thou readers who hath eyes in thine heads? For this tale of love and hardship was surely meant for you.
My heart doth trudge thy depths when it clings to thy verbiage of Leisa Rayven. For it is not the weight of thy wallet that deems one a wealthy man. A pauper is a rich man if he carries with him a good book.
And this, my dear friends, is a good book.
Go forth and purchase Bad Romeo, my friends! Let us all be rich in knowledge together!
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
2.5 stars!

description

I really wish I could say I loved this one but sadly, I can’t. I felt like I wasted hours of my time reading a book that was one giant tease from beginning to end. The only reason why I didn’t rate this book 1 star is because of the author’s addictive writing style and a few good moments scattered throughout the story, but other than that, both characters truly angered me, the setup of the story frustrated me, and that ending? Oh my god. One of the worst endings I have ever read, cliff
Christy
5 stars!

description
“I desperately want someone else to ruin me the way he does, but they don't even come close.”

Bad Romeo is one of those books…. one of those books that makes me want to kick myself. Why oh why did I wait so long to read this book??? And why the heck didn’t more people try to force me to? LOL! This book was absolutely fantastic. I started it on audio, and found myself neglecting all the books I was supposed to be reading because I couldn’t stop listening! I am not always a fan of seco
Geri Reads
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
2 stars!

This book has been getting a lot of good buzz lately so I was excited when this book became available on NetGalley.

In fact, I got so excited I totally read it way ahead of my scheduled BR with Lana and Feifei.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The first 25% or 30% or so of the book, it was good. I was sucked in. The writing was above average, so although the characters were a bit annoying, I was okay with it. This is NA after all. Some of the characters are bound to get on your nerves.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Release Date: December 23, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

Compelling, breathtaking, exceptional; those are words that would describe exactly what kind of experience was reading Bad Romeo. Believe me, this story is just so good I couldn’t stop reading, it’s that mesmerizing. Every chapter was a beautiful heart pounding piece of sensational tale that left breathless and desper
Lucia
"This is what love feel like. To no longer belong to yourself. To be pulled from what you know into what you feel. No wonder people live and die for this feelings."

Phenomenal writing, scorching chemistry, great plot. Bad Romeo easily became one of the best contemporary romances I have ever read!

Stories like Bad Romeo are reason why I read. Its intensity made my heart flutter and gave me goose bumps. I love being transferred right into the story and experience it all through brilliant writing.
*****2 STARS*****
{ARC Provided by St. Martin's Press via Netgalley}

photo c2acf94f67715dc81e76a12d8b7fc763_zpsb024b0a0.jpg

I really had high hopes for this book. Unfortunately I never could connect with the story or the characters. I completely disliked the heroine and this has happened to me before, but the male character usually saved the story for me. If I had felt the slightest bit of the swoon factor for Ethan, I might have like this story a bit more.

Sorry but I have to break out my infamous sleeping bunny GIF because heck if I wasn't catching
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
2 Stars

Love is weakness. That's not the only thing Holt taught me, but it's the thing I remember most.

I've had this book sitting in my kindle for months now. At first I put off reading it because I realized it was a cliff. Then when the final book came out...I'm not really sure why? I've seen it making the rounds on Goodreads and so many friends loving it. It promised angst and an epic love story...yet the only thing I got was a mad case of heart burn.

But wait! Before you get out your pitch
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 17, 2014 rated it really liked it

"You give me as little of yourself as possible, all the while driving me insane with how much I want you."

description

Cassie thinks she has things under control when Ethan Holt costars with her on a play that will be both of their big Broadway break. The story goes from past to present and back again as we see Holt as the man he is now and the broody ass of a hottie he was six years prior.

”Yeah, sure I can do a passionate play with my ex-lover, who broke my heart not once, but twice no problem.”

In the
Ilze
Oct 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
This was pretty much my face expression during the 62% I read

description

I really wasn't impressed by this book. The cover and the title of the book is probably the best things about it. Note to myself: Stop reading books based on their pretty covers.

Anyway, at first I really thought it would be an interesting story with pretty unique setting, two persons with intense chemistry cast for the leading roles in Romeo and Juliet and sparks fly. Although, that was the case, I really did not enjoy it.

For one, the
Brandi
Nov 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
description

Bad Romeo is a wonderfully written, second chance romance that left me breathless. The sexual tension and chemistry between Cassie and Ethan was so thick, my heart was constantly racing.

description

Cassie and Ethan's story is far from perfect, these characters are flawed and extremely frustrating, but that is what I loved about them. They are complicated and real, and I was completely wrapped up in their journey.

"I warned you," he says, breathing heavily and cupping my face. "Why the hell didn't you liste
Pearl Angeli
"We've never been over. You know it as well as I do."

I absolutely, totally love this book! A story about ex-lovers rekindling their spark, the book opened with an introduction of main characters Cassie Taylor and Ethan Holt, two renowned stage celebrities who had a high-profile relationship when they were at drama school. Three years after separating, they reunited again, with Ethan pursuing Cassie to bring back the old romance and start all over again.

Bad Romeo is a perfect novel for reader
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

“Sometimes people put up walls, not only to keep people out, but also to see who cares enough to tear them down.”

photo badromeo.png

So, guess who loved this book when most everyone else didn't?

Guilty as charged. To be fair, I am a total angst whore and gobbled this book up. Want to know what's even scarier? For all of the angst this book doles out, I've read angstier!

This is the story of Cassie and Ethan, who met when they were young aspiring actors. The book begins in the present, three years af
Beverly
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I went into this story pretty much blind. I just remember a lot of my friends read and loved this book last year. So when the story began I wasn’t expecting how much I would love it. First, the story is awesome, but I am absolutely in love with how the story is told. Cassie and Ethan were college lovers, sweethearts, I don’t know what to call them, there isn’t really an adequate term for them. Regardless, they dated in college and while you don’t know all the details when you get started you kno ...more
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
Maybe because I was never a fan of Romeo and Juliet? Nah.

description

Ethan is oh-so-perfect you guys. Even his foot is yummy.
"For a few seconds, I just stare. His foot is beautiful. Perfect. He could be a goddamn foot model." - Cassie.

tumblr_mpvveva5EY1r33r0fo1_500

And Cassie is virgin and *gasps* nobody can believe it because HELLLOOO PEOPLE, SHE IS SO PRETTTEH AND PURRFECT.

tumblr_lni73bAbyK1qj1kpl

I want to like this. I really do. But here's the problem: I don't buy it. Any of it. The romance, the characters.. everything just feels so forced. They can h
Anniebananie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Und noch ein unerwartetes Highlight! Hab mir das Buch aus einer spontanen Laune heraus aus dem Regal gezogen und wollte - nachdem es schon ewig auf meinem SUB lag - zumindest mal kurz reinlesen. Es gefiel mir dann aber überraschenderweise so gut, dass ich nicht aufhören konnte zu lesen. Ich fand die Idee der 2 Zeitenende toll, das hat die ganze Geschichte echt spannend gemacht, man wollte immer wissen, was denn nun in der Vergangenheit zwischen den beiden vorgefallen ist. Den Schreibstil mochte ...more
Catarina
4 Romeo Stars.

description

Cassie heart was broken one time, and she never recovered from it completely. But when the cause of your broken heart is far away, coping is easier. But what happens when he suddenly is next working next to you, having to see him every day?
Life throws Cassie and Ethan together one more time, as the lead actors of Romeo and Juliet. (How ironic, right?) Ethan knows he broke Cassie’s heart in acting school but he was a broken man himself and thought he was doing the best, but now, a
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
It was really nice writing for a debut novel, but this book was like boobs without nipples, POINTLESS.
I don't see what happened here!? What was the big issue? I didn't feel the frustration I'm guessing I should have felt for Cassie, I didn't feel sad for Ethan.
It didn't really bring about feeling inside of me.

*may contain veryyyy little blips of spoilers*

I will read the second book, because the author has a nice way of writing, it was compelling, but it is the story I have a problem with. I mean
V. PARENTAL GUIDANCE ALERT:  A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you
This book was such an emotional rollercoaster! I laughed, cried, raged (because OW and OM, seriously authors stop doing that!!!) swoon (repeatedly) and overall enjoyed myself. I'm so reading the sequel but I can't give this book 5 stars because it has everything I hate in a book and more! (view spoiler) ...more
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

It’s about courage, hope, love and a Bad Romeo.

I so enjoyed this completely character driven story. The prose is just wonderful, the dialogue perfection. Bad Romeo is stunning in its New Adult articulation and made me feel so much. I didn’t want to put this book down.

Bad Romeo rolls between present day and six years past to a time when they first met, a time when he fought their connection and she just wanted him to take her.... A time when their relationship was a secret.... The way the sto
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
2 stars

Reviews and more at Of Pens and Pages.

I'm joining the minority on this one. I really wanted to like this book, but it fell flat for me. I wanted to smack the main characters so hard, my palm was actually itching to do it.

Second chance romances are usually filled with angst, but also love and hope. I suppose Bad Romeo had those, too. The premise was interesting and was what I usually love. Former lovers reunite to work together. Bonus points for being actors and being paired up as lovers
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3 STARS

I had read so many reviews about this one and most of them were 4-5 stars so I had high expectations when I start reading it! In the beginning I was intrigued and very interested to see what would happen but after 30% I started rolling my eyes so many times and feeling so frustrated with the sexual tension and their acts which make me lose interest for the story and the characters!
Another problem I had was the switching between the present and the past and sometimes I would forget where I
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★ 2 Stars ★★

OK, just a quickie - the reason I did not like this book was because they spent the whole book teasing us as to the reasons for their break up in college. Now that they are back together for an acting role, Ethan wants to make up for being a complete tosser and is trying to win Cassie back.

We didn't get any answers whatsoever, very frustrating. I didn't find it angsty, just extremely annoying. Ethan was a dick, and Cassie was a bit of a doormat.

Still, I signed up for book 2 already
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
2 stars

I found the writing pretty good and there was a few funny moments. Unfortunately I found the hero too much of a douche with his I'm not good enough attitude. When I found out his reasons for leaving I liked him even less if that was possible. Cassie was constantly horny and geez does this girl have no self respect?

So in all I didnt like it but I think its personally preference really. If you like the books with a douchey hero, a dragged out sexual tension type you may enjoy this, wasnt r
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
 photo B115180D-F083-42F6-A7BB-AD390BBBABB6_zpsrfcbxaqy.jpg

I have been umming and arring on how to star this book because I have so many feelings on certain aspects of the story I loved it but then things got a little much too so for that reason I'm going to review it in two half's and do it slightly differently. First and foremost this was an intense, passionate and gripping book for me yet I expected certain parts to unfold quicker so let me explain.

First Half 5 Stars*****
You begin where Cassie is enisted to take part in a new role on a performance
XxTainaxX
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Let me start by saying that this story is stocked full with angst. It can get pretty thick sometimes to the point of frustration but if you're patient, you can peel back the layers and come out of the experience with a pretty meaningful love story. Not only in the romantic couple way but in the self love category as well. I had to stop a few times and talk myself into picking it back up thinking "Do I really want to do this to myself?" I'm really glad I kept going. Ethan and Cassie meet in colle ...more
ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ilknur a.k.a. iko ◬ by: Hulya Kara Yuksel
Shelves: favorites
aylar sonra gelen edit: geçen gece aklıma geldi kitap. 3 vermeye karar verdim. Ethan hariç bi bok yok kitapta yorumda da görüldüğü üzere.
skrlr.
hep seks hep seks aq başka bişi yok. eğlenceli kitap, kesin okuyun ama *meh*
aylar sonra gelen edit bitti.

şu an ingilizce yorum yazmaya üşeniyorum. zaten yazamıyorum sdfsadfasdf

nys benim spoilersız yorum görülmüş şey mi? hayır. çok abartmadım ama bence.

şimdiiii, fangirlingden önce bir şey diyeceğim.

canımı SIKAN şeyler var.

1. ÇEVİRİ.

aslında çeviri fena değ
Mariℓina
Nov 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Simple as that. I am extremely happy that i got this ARC, because it was truly worth it and also i have a feeling this one will be a big hit.

The writing was stunning, the characters were insane but of the good kind and i adore them, i saw the many artful brushes here and there that connected the past with the present and the character development was a serious plus. Also the sentiments that the story ignited in my heart, were explosive.

My heart was jumping around my chest all t
AleJandra
Si tuviera que describir este libro en una palabra sería: Meh
description

Lo mas interesante es todo lo relacionado a las clases de actuación, la maestra, los ejercicios que les pone, todo eso si lo disfruté. La historia de amor es insoportable.
  • Amour Amour (Aerial Ethereal, #1)
  • Bindings (Bindings, #1)
  • Inked Armour (Clipped Wings, #2)
  • Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)
  • Exposure
  • The Mason List
  • Heat (Elements of Chemistry #2; Hypothesis, #1.2)
  • Fisher's Light
  • Delinquents (Dusty, #2)
  • Starlight (Starlight Trilogy, #1)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Remembering Joy (Joy, #1)
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • Hydraulic Level Five (Hydraulic, #1)
  • Weight of the World (Old Wounds, #3)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • Finding West (True North, #1)
  • Riot (Mayhem, #2)

Starcrossed (3 books)
  • Broken Juliet (Starcrossed, #2)
  • Wicked Heart (Starcrossed, #3)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“Sometimes people put up walls, not only to keep people out, but also to see who cares enough to tear them down. Understand?” 125 likes
“I never realized how much it hurt to not be with you until I saw you again, and the pain went away.” 68 likes