What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Great Good Thing (The Sylvie Cycle, #1)
This topic is about The Great Good Thing
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/MG fantasy; main character falls into story [s]

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emilee (new)

Emilee (emilove) | 12 comments Ok I’m sorry this is going to be kind of vague. I will try to add more details if I think of any. I’m still not convinced I didn’t make this up but here goes...

I’m look for a YA (possibly upper MG) fantasy books where a girl falls into the book she is reading and becomes part of the story. I think she becomes a princess or at least princess-adjacent in the book she reads. I remember mention of a jester that I think was a big part of the story. At the end I think she had to decide to stay in the story or leave because the book was over.

I probably read this book sometime around 2005 to 2008.
For some reason I want to say the cover was green?

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 31 comments The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland?

message 4: by Emilee (new)

Emilee (emilove) | 12 comments Hmm I don’t think so. I am almost positive I remember her falling into a story book, not just being taken to Fairyland. Thank you though!

message 5: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments It's published later, but just in case: The Word Changers?

message 6: by Emilee (new)

Emilee (emilove) | 12 comments Ayshe, that one is definitely a possibility! I’m going to read it this week to be sure! Thank you!

Can we leave this as pending until I read it, moderators?

message 7: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4326 comments You're welcome. I'm not a mod, but there's no pressure for the thread to be moved anywhere just now. Take your time. Usually, if the OP doesn't comment in 2+ years, Lobstegirl asks if they are still looking, and if still no answer in another 2+ years, thread gets moved to the Abandoned folder (from where it can be moved back if the OP appears later on).

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of - The Word Changers by Ashlee Willis - Ayshe's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=tPo...

message 9: by Louie (last edited May 20, 2018 09:37AM) (new) - added it

Louie | 22 comments Perhaps The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey? There are two covers The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls from Jersey by Lisa Papademetriou and The Wizard, the Witch, and Two Girls From Jersey by Lisa Papademetriou

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin (epatts18) | 5 comments My thought was Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde, mainly for the girl entering a story (although this one is a video game, not a book) and for the green cover.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde - Erin's suggestion

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Emilee, have you found your book? We're still "pending," and would like to know so that we can mark this book as Solved and shelve it. If it's not the book, please let us know that, and we'll keep looking with you.
Thanks.

message 13: by Emilee (new)

Emilee (emilove) | 12 comments So sorry for not posting. Unfortunately none of the above books are the one I’m thinking of. Thank you so much for all the help so far, though!

Andrea | 21 comments This reminds me of both Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha van Leer and The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley, although they're not exact matches.

You should check out this listopia of books where characters travel in and out of books: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 15: by Emilee (new)

Emilee (emilove) | 12 comments The Great Good Thing! That’s it! Omg I’m so happy! I had the 2001 Scholastic edition! I can’t believe I got so many things wrong and you still figured it out! Thank you so much!