What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1)
This topic is about Guilty Pleasures
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Paranormal Romance, heroine assassin. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexis (new) - added it

Alexis Poulos (lexy_p) | 5 comments Sorry guys, I don't have a ton of information, but i'm looking for a paranormal book (most likely romance since I read a lot of those) about a heroine who works as a mercenary. I would place this book more at adult paranormal and remember the heroine acting kind of like kate daniels or riley jenson. The only really specific thing I can remember is that she sometimes partners with this really powerful guy on jobs, who is pretty cold and distant. I distinctly remember her describing their relationship as purely beneficial in a financial sense and she wouldn't cross him (in other words there's no love lost). He's not really a main character, but for some reason he sticks out in my mind. I think I read this book within the last three years. I kept thinking that it was actually Kate Daniels I was thinking of, but I skimmed through the first book and couldn't find anything on this mysterious partner. Then I thought the Dorina Basarb series, but couldn't find anything on him either. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I just need a memory jog. Thanks!

message 2: by Jessica (last edited May 15, 2018 03:48AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica (jessicalynfox) | 180 comments Skinwalker try this, for some reason the no love interest, don’t mess with him guy made me think of the. I could be way off though.

message 3: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 185 comments If it was Kate Daniels, her, sometimes, partner is Jim-a shapeshifter. Pack is always his highest priority, but he’s reliable beyond that.

message 4: by Kris (new)

message 5: by Ebookworm2016 (last edited May 15, 2018 12:37PM) (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 185 comments So, I'm revising my description of Jim Shrapshire from the Kate Daniels series. lol. He's not that reliable to Kate, because he is likely to leave in the middle of the job, if he gets a call about pack business. Everything is secondary to pack. He is a good guy to have in a fight. He's pack security and is a big powerful guy. Were-jaguar, I think. Your description above, would definitely fit him. Kate's not, exactly, an assassin though. More like a sword for hire. Sometimes, she kills the baddies and, sometimes, she captures/contains/neutralizes them.

I was trying to look in the first book for the first introduction of him, but the e-book is on hold at my library. I do think it's not in the first few chapters. He does set up the first meeting between Kate and "King of the Beasts", so I know he's in the first book.

He has his own Novella, "Magic Dreams" for an up-close look at him.

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
You might also try one of the first few of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake books. I believe that she periodically in those had teamed up with an assassin who was described that way. But it's been so long since I read them that I have no real idea of which one(s) it was.

message 7: by Alexis (new) - added it

Alexis Poulos (lexy_p) | 5 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "You might also try one of the first few of Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake books. I believe that she periodically in those had teamed up with an assassin who was described that way...."

Thanks Ann! IT was the Anita Blake series I was thinking of.

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40627 comments Mod
Alexis, can you give us an update on this open thread? A book suggestion was made and we're waiting for your response.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Skinwalker (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laurell K. Hamilton (other topics)
Ilona Andrews (other topics)