Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2018 Challenge Archive > April 2018 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23505 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

I know I can get so focused on what is next that I forget about all the wonderful books I read for the previous month's challenges! May is here! One third of the year is over - I'm not kidding here! Time is moving at light speed and I'm sure I'm not the only feels that way. There never seems to be enough time to do everything I want to, though I do manage to squeeze in some reading. (Thank goodness for audiobooks!) How did April treat you? Did it go by in a flash for you too?

Did you discover some gems last month? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! Was April a great reading month for you?

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23505 comments I read a lot of really good books last month, but only one got 5 Stars - Red Dirt Heart 3 by N.R. Walker. It was just wonderful and I can't wait to read more!

The other stand outs included:

When He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn - Not my favorite of the series, but the epilogue made up for everything!
Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts - Love her trilogies, they work for me.
Luscious by Lexi Blake - Sweet little addition to the series.
Calculated in Death by J.D. Robb - Hard to believe this series stays so good, but it does!
Roman by Sawyer Bennett - So glad this series continues, I am so enjoying them all.

No duds for me last month - yay!

Jamie (TheRebelliousReader) (iambrucewayne) | 927 comments Had a fairly good month and I enjoyed a lot more than I disliked which is always great.

My favorites of the month: Home (Binti, #2) by Nnedi Okorafor A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Omega Revealed by Tanya Chris Wild Sweet Love by Beverly Jenkins The Waste Lands (The Dark Tower, #3) by Stephen King

Least favorite and lowest rated: Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott

message 4: by Trio (new)

Trio | 2268 comments Best of April: Stranded by Lies by Finn Marlowe Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon In the Ring (Dan Stagg Mystery, #3) by James Lear Lock Nut (The Plumber's Mate Mysteries, #5) by J.L. Merrow The Innocent Auction (Innocent #1) by Victoria Sue The Back Passage (Mitch Mitchell Mystery, #1) by James Lear Hush (The Manse, #4) by Lynn Kelling and Beautiful boy by Grace R. Duncan

Worst of April: Tempted Christians and Bad Boys by Helen Thwaite

everything else was either 3 or 4 stars :)

message 5: by Marsha (new)

Marsha Ramnanan | 2 comments Best read - The Lion's Lady (Crown's Spies, #1) by Julie Garwood
this was just such a funny and well-written book and reminded me of why I started writing.

Not in love with: City of Dark Magic (City of Dark Magic, #1) by Magnus Flyte
but it was probably because the blurb made me expect a totally different kind of book

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 23505 comments So many favorites this month!

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 21328 comments I forgot to post!!

My favourite (5 star) reas was: Broken by Nicola Haken
But had a heap of 4 star books as well:
Rule Breaker by Lily Morton The Alpha King (Kingdom of Askara #1) by Victoria Sue The Persistence of Memory (Mnevermind, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price The Pirate of Fathoms Deep (Tales of the High Court, #2) by Megan Derr Fool of Main Beach (Love in Laguna, #5) by Tara Lain

And even better, no duds!!