YA Book Lovers <3 discussion

The Selection (The Selection, #1)
This topic is about The Selection
Introducing Books > The Selection

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fasiha (last edited Jul 27, 2014 02:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fasiha | 73 comments Mod
description
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

This book was kind of like Cinderella and and The Bachelor mashed up,as there were 35 girls from whom Prince Maxon had to choose one in the end.
It had a love triangle between America Singer,Prince Maxon and Aspen Leger,which kind of kept me on the edge.
But I would Definitely recommend this book.

Hope you guys enjoy it and get to live the princess life like I did while reading this book ;)

message 2: by Foreva (new)

Foreva Batz (FasihaBatz) | 11 comments Oh will definitely read this book! :D <3

Fasiha | 73 comments Mod
Fasiha wrote: "Oh will definitely read this book! :D <3"

Hope you enjoy :)

message 4: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Reading Rambler~ (readingrambler) | 97 comments Mod
Fassi wrote: "Fasiha wrote: "Oh will definitely read this book! :D

Hope you enjoy :)"

Im glad you like the book Fassi!

message 5: by Juliet (last edited Jul 29, 2014 09:11AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Juliet | 41 comments The Selection is like your ideal fluffy book :) Lots of kissing/love so if you don't like that stuff then I don't recommend it. Basically it's like The Bachelor/Royalty/Dystopia

The covers are beautiful!
The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass The Elite (The Selection, #2) by Kiera Cass The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass

Do you get the symbolism? ;) America is the main character's name. The covers are red,white, and blue!

message 6: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh wow I didnt notice that. Thats funny
Lol

Fasiha | 73 comments Mod
Oh wow yeah :D

shona | 3 comments I love this trilogy a lot but America is very annoying

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I love love loved this trilogy but started to get irritated with America's behaviour towards the end -.-

shona | 3 comments Same

message 11: by ~Reading Rambler~, Reading Rambler (new) - rated it 5 stars

ermagerd, im on the last book and oh goodness I cant even.
*breaks down crying*