Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Archives > Read-a-thon #2 - Candy Book Tag

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie | 2369 comments Because I love food and sweets, I present the Candy Book Tag, which was made by Samantha @ Bookish Serendipity. Select a book to match each candy below.

1. Apples:
Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Aww…this novel had the best romance.

4. Gummy Spiders
Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
This took you forever to get through, but hey! You did it!

6. Cotton Candy:
Admit it, you loved this when you were younger (you probably still do). Think: children’s or MG fiction.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
What's your favorite candy?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2672 comments 1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.
The Underground Railroad. I just couldn't connect with it at all, even though I thought the storyline technically should have been interesting.

2.Black Jellybeans: WHY DO THESE EXIST?
What If . . . Everyone Knew Your Name. Definitely the worst book I ever read, and the only one I ever DNF'd. It's a choose your own adventure style book focusing on a girl going to high school, but it is very poorly done. The paths don't match up properly, so if you choose one route, you might end up with references to characters or events that you haven't encountered yet, but are expected to know.

3. Chocolate Kisses: Aww…this novel had the best romance.
The Time Traveler's Wife. I know a lot of people have issues with the romance in this one, but I thought it was very well done.

4. Gummy Spiders: Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one.
Little Girls. Scariest book I've ever read!

5. Jumbo Lollypop: This took you forever to get through, but hey! You did it!
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

6. Cotton Candy: Admit it, you loved this when you were younger (you probably still do). Think: children’s or MG fiction.
Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION: What's your favorite candy?
Pretty much anything chocolate, but nothing with peanuts or peanut butter. I'm not allergic, but for a while when I was a kid, they thought I was so I didn't grow up eating it and never enjoyed the taste of peanut butter.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 476 comments 1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.
The Alchemist. I really don’t understand the hype around and how people talk about how profound and life-changing it is. I found it to be a collection of clichéd lines.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
The Magicians series. Well I read only the first book but that was enough. I can’t believe I actually finished it but I think I was hoping it would get better but it just got worse and worse. The worst book ever to be written and published. A plot that makes no sense, a rip off of Narnia (but soooo not on the same level), and a set of despicable characters that have nothing redeeming about them. Ok vent over.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Aww…this novel had the best romance
I would have to say Jane Eyre.

4. Gummy Spiders
Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one.

The Turn of the Screw

5. Jumbo Lollypop

War and Peace!!!!

6. Cotton Candy:
Admit it, you loved this when you were younger (you probably still do). Think: children’s or MG fiction.

Matilda. Loved the book and loved the movie.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Twix!

message 4: by Erica (last edited Mar 26, 2018 10:27PM) (new)

Erica | 460 comments 1. Apples:
Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.

The Argonauts I think this just went over my head...

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

Outlander Sorry! I tried, but it just wasn't for me!

3. Chocolate Kisses:

I don't do romance, but maybe The Princess Bride ?

4. Gummy Spiders

Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore Not the heartwarming story you might suspect from the title and cover!

5. Jumbo Lollypop

Moby-Dick or, The Whale

6. Cotton Candy:

Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley High

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Peanut Butter Cups!

message 5: by Marina H (new)

Marina H | 1315 comments 1. Apples:
Gilead... I just didn't get it and found it terribly boring!

2.Black Jellybeans:
Fifty Shades series... Just NO!

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Me Before You

4. Gummy Spiders
I'm not that easily scared... Sorry!

5. Jumbo Lollypop
Oryx and Crake

6. Cotton Candy:
Tudemarie but it's a Danish book so you guys wouldn't know it :-)

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
Chocolate... All chocolate, lots of chocolate!

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 709 comments 1. Apples:
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobson

2.Black Jellybeans:
The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year by Sue Townsend

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Love Letters by Katie Fforde

4. Gummy Spiders
I don't like scary books so this one is hard, and the last book I read that was supposed to be scary I thought it wasn't very scary...
I'll go with Het Achterhuis (The Diary of a Young Girl) by Anne Frank, which is very scary to me because it was real.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
Great cover, but so hard to get through.

6. Cotton Candy:
Heksenkind (Wise Child) by Monica Furlong
and everything by Roald Dahl and Jan Terlouw.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Dark chocolate with almonds and dark chocolate with mint, and ....
But any other type of chocolate is good too :)

message 7: by Emily, Conterminous Mod (last edited Mar 27, 2018 04:47AM) (new)

Emily Bourque (emilyardoin) | 7207 comments Mod
1. Apples:
Animal Farm meh.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
I'll agree with Marina on the Fifty Shades of Grey series.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Anna and the French Kiss I don't read a lot of happy books, but this one made my heart warm without being too cliche.

4. Gummy Spiders
Heart-Shaped Box I do not read horror, as a rule, but my book club chose this one. I made it through the first 50 pages before quitting.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
Gone with the Wind... 14 days. And as much as I love Scarlett O'Hara and have all kind of nostalgia around this movie, the book was mehhhh.

6. Cotton Candy:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, forever my love.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Chocolate anything!

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 704 comments 1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.
Somebody mentioned The Underground Railroad and I think I'm going to second that choice. It was just okay for me!

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

I LIKE licorice! But if we're sticking to stinkers (and I'm having trouble thinking of books I really hated) I would have to go with a book that my book club assigned last year: Everything We Keep

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Romance isn't my bag...let me think...Bridget Jones's Diary

4. Gummy Spiders

The Shining

5. Jumbo Lollypop

Infinite Jest

6. Cotton Candy:

Matilda. Loved the book and loved the movie. (I'm sticking with Emily's answer!)

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

The Mars Bars that were sold in the states 20 years ago (with Almonds). Not the UK version without nuts.

message 9: by Kathy Jo (new)

Kathy Jo (kjsotr) | 262 comments Apples: Gone Girl. Maybe because I was trying to start it during a slump, but I only read a few pages. I want to try again though.

Black licorice: we Were the Mulvaneys. Too depressing.

Kisses: the in death series. Roark is my literary boyfriend!

Gummy spiders: Pet Cemetery

Jumbo lollipop: House of Seven Gables.
But I agree with Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. Not the light fun read I was expecting!

Cotton Candy: I loved Trixie Belden and had to get the whole series!

Bonus: take 5. Or baby Ruth. Or Reese's.

message 10: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 1071 comments 1. Apples:
The Handmaid's Tale... what can I say: It's great, but I really didn't like it, it was really disturbing.

2.Black Jellybeans:
Twilight (a shiny vampire? No way!!!!) and Fifty Shades of Grey (NO!)

3. Chocolate Kisses:
I don't like romance books, but I love a good romance in a fantasy book: Six of Crows (Mathias and Nina)

4. Gummy Spiders
Gramma. It's just a short story, but it really scared me, although I am a fan of Stephen King books and therefore not so easily scared.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
Six of Crows I loved it !!!, but it was difficult to get the story because so many characters and the unclear world.

6. Cotton Candy:
Black Beauty and Little Women

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
Tamarind Balls !! So sour, so good :)

message 11: by Debra (new)

Debra Barstad 1. Apples:
Slaughterhouse-Five

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
I have not found a book that I truly hate

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Fifty Shades of Grey

4. Gummy Spiders
The Amityville Horror

5. Jumbo Lollypop
It

6. Cotton Candy:
Charlotte's Web

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
almound joy

message 12: by Jillian (last edited Mar 27, 2018 06:51AM) (new)

Jillian | 1668 comments 1. Apples:
I agree with Rachel on this one The Underground Railroad/Colson Whitehead. There was something that was missing from this book. On a side note, it was a good book for my book group.

2.Black Jellybeans: Yesterday, my son got a box of jelly beans from the librarian. He saved the black jelly bean for his dad and ate the rest.
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
There are only two books for me Ender's Game/Orson Scott Card and If I Stay/Gayle Forman

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Pride and Prejudice/Jane Austen

4. Gummy Spiders
I'm not into the horror genre real life can be too scary sometimes. Human cruelty is what I find scary. This is the most recent book I can think of, Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West/Blaine Harden

5. Jumbo Lollypop
One Hundred Years of Solitude/Gabriel García Márquez

6. Cotton Candy:
Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories/Dr. Seuss

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
What's your favorite candy? Milky Way Midnight

message 13: by Ann (last edited Mar 27, 2018 08:54AM) (new)

Ann | 579 comments 1. Hyped up but no- The Girl on the Train
2. Black - why do they exist- Twilight or any vampire novel
3. Romance- something deep like Jane Eyre
4. Scary- The American Plague: The Untold Story of Yellow Fever, the Epidemic that Shaped Our History or any medical book that could really happen
5. The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, An American Legend I was glad I finished it but slogged thru it.
6. Kids Book- Anne of Green Gables and Blueberries for Sal I have a copy of both books and read them once a year
Favorite Candy- any dark chocolate

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) 1. Apples:
The Giver

2.Black Jellybeans:
Cinderella Treasure Trove. I drove me nuts that it was the first chapter of several books.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Pride and Prejudice

4. Gummy Spiders
The Terror

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The Pickwick Papers

6. Cotton Candy:
Anything Dr, Suess

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
It's a tie between Twix and Reese's

message 15: by Perri (last edited Mar 27, 2018 09:22AM) (new)

Perri | 781 comments 1. Apples:
That's funny all the shade for Underground Railroad. I'm reading it now and wondering why all the hype. Several I didn't "get" The Empathy Exams: Essays, Thinking, Fast and Slow, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay

2.Black Jellybeans:but but.. I love them
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
The Magicians 400 pages of my life I'll never get back

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Don't read much romance but going through the Outlander series slowly. Pride and Prejudice is a great one too.

4. Gummy Spiders
Red Dragon The prequel to Silence of the Lambs and I think scarier

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The Count of Monte Cristo was my last door stop read

6. Cotton Candy:
I was a Nancy Drew groupie

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Dark chocolate anything

message 16: by Aline (new)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 201 comments 1. Apples:
A Darker Shade of Magic It was good, but nothing more, I don't understand the hype.

2.Black Jellybeans:
On the Road
Worst book I read, I DNFed it after very boring 100 pages or so.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
A Court of Mist and Fury

4. Gummy Spiders
I don't read horror books because for this reason :D

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The latest was Catch-22. It actually didn't took me that long, but it felt like it.

6. Cotton Candy:
Hanni und Nanni im Geisterschloß It's from the St. Clare's series. I loved this series, but this one (in the haunted castle) was my absolute favorite!

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Chocolate! I don't eat much candy, but chocolate is life.

message 17: by Tracy, Constellation Mod (last edited Mar 27, 2018 01:15PM) (new)

Tracy (tracyisreading) | 2472 comments Mod
1. Apples:

really, anything self help, but I'm gonna go with The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are, since thats one of the (only?) ones Ive read in recent years.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

Shatter Me. IMO, this should NOT exist, especially on audio.......

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Outlander, sorry , I love Jamie and Claire♥️

4. Gummy Spiders

Heart-Shaped Box, this one gave me an actual nightmare, lol.

5. Jumbo Lollypop

From this year UGH....Starvation Heights: A True Story of Murder and Malice in the Woods of the Pacific Northwest, I don't think I've ever put a book down so much in my life....but I did manage to finish it. Not at all sweet like a lollipop though.

6. Cotton Candy:

A Little Princess, My favorite growing up, I could read it every year. As a matter of fact I definitely AM going to re-read it this year. I love Sara Crew.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Not really a big fan of candy, I'm more salty, but if I had to choose I'd say extra dark chocolate with sea salt......preferably dipped in peanut butter :-)

message 18: by Hannah (last edited Mar 27, 2018 01:38PM) (new)

Hannah | 120 comments Uhh, this is fun... :)

1. Apples:
The Picture of Dorian Gray. I guess my expectations were a little too high after hearing about this one for years. It was okay, but... yeah...

2.Black Jellybeans:
Fifty Shades of Grey. I tried reading it, but gave up when it made me laugh out loud so much. And not in the good way. ;-)

3. Chocolate Kisses:
I don't read that much romance, but I really liked the love story in Atonement. Oh, and of course The Notebook.

4. Gummy Spiders:
The Silence of the Lambs. I secretly read this when I was 13. Couldn't sleep for days afters.

5. Jumbo Lollypop:
This year, it was To the End of the Land. It was a great book, but it took me ages.

6. Cotton Candy:
Everything from the wonderful Michael Ende!!

Chocolate candy!! And while we're at it, The Neverending Story will always remain one of my favorite books.

message 19: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (jovali2) | 542 comments So. Much. FUN!!

1. Apples:

Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books
Just like an apple that's shiny and pretty on the outside, when you bite into it, you may find a worm...

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

I, Columbus: My Journal, 1492–1493
Definitely should not exist! The edition I read, for use in schools, was really biased.

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Gaudy Night
The whole 4-book romance, with Gaudy Night being the third and best in the series, is indeed the best romance! Years of principled resistance followed by a proposal in Latin, wow.

4. Gummy Spiders

Career of Evil
I couldn't get past a few pages of this one!

5. Jumbo Lollypop

A Gentleman in Moscow
Just finished yesterday! Finally! And it was sweet and sticky like a lollypop, too.

6. Cotton Candy:

Little Women
I had the classics illustrated version designed for young readers, and I always skipped the page (marked by the drawing of a blue bird) where Beth dies.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

It can be hard to find, but I love, love, LOVE Vosges Barcelona Bars. They are chocolate tinged with just the right amount of salt. Did I say love?

message 20: by Jill (new)

Jill | 572 comments 1. Apples: The Goldfinch
I don't hate many books but this one tops the list. I still don't know what all the fuss is about.

2. Black Jellybeans (I love black jellybeans) but Fifty Shades of Grey Not so much!

3. Chocolate Kisses: Tossuo between the In Death series and the Outlander series.

4. Gummy Spiders: Almost any Stephen King book but The Shining tops the list.

5. Jumbo Lollypop: Anna Karenina but I loved it!

6. Cotton Candy: Little Women and the Little House series.

Milky Way

message 21: by Rachelnyc (new)

Rachelnyc | 943 comments 1. Apples:

It Can't Happen Here

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

Fifty Shades of Grey

3. Chocolate Kisses:
I'm not big on romance but I'll go withLove in the Time of Cholera

4. Gummy Spiders

The Handmaid's Tale

5. Jumbo Lollypop

The Name of the Rose

6. Cotton Candy:
Not sure I'd still love it today but Flowers in the Attic

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

I have such a sweet tooth so it's difficult to pick one but I'll say Peanut Butter M & M's

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 2216 comments 1. Apples:

Of Mice and Men I just had a bad feeling reading this book and read it quickly so I could get it over with. Deep and meaningful, though!

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

A Clockwork Orange Ugh.

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Me Before You

4. Gummy Spiders

I get scared by books about the Holocaust. I may end up loving the book, but the brutal parts I just hate. Like The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, which I rated 5 stars but the bad parts really get to me.

5. Jumbo Lollypop

The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins A good book but it went on and on.

6. Cotton Candy:

I loved Trixie Belden mysteries. Not sure if I would now...

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Kit Kat

message 23: by Joan (new)

Joan Barnett | 1541 comments 1. Apples:

Eat, Pray, Love

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

Chick lit - although I feel like I'm snobby on this because I haven't really tried this genre but it hasn't interested me whatsoever

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Me Before You - best one I've read in awhile

4. Gummy Spiders
The Memory Box - This one made me feel like I was crazy when I was reading it. Psychological thriller - I started to think like the character and thought I was going crazy! It was a wild ride.

5. Jumbo Lollypop

Little Women - I didn't think I was ever going to finish it.

6. Cotton Candy:
The Mouse and the Motorcycle

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
I think it would be easier to ask what is NOT my favorite candy. I guess I'll go with Toblerone for my fav.

message 24: by Hilde (new)

Hilde (hilded) | 787 comments Joan, I think 'Me before You' could be considered chick lit, so there you have one 😊

message 25: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 3489 comments 1. Apples:
Gilead. It won the Pulitzer, and Barack Obama raves about it, but it was by far the most excruciatingly dull book I've ever read.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
The Alchemist - my hatred for this book knows no bounds!

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Err, I don't really do romance.

4. Gummy Spiders
Pretty much anything that I read as a teen by Stephen King, but probably It. It's why I'm terrified of clowns.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
War and Peace, baby.

6. Cotton Candy:
I loved the Sweet Dreams and Sweet Valley High books as a tween/teen. I read dozens of them!

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
I love the Läderach dark chocolate with almonds that we get here. It's expensive, but holy crap it's incredible.

message 26: by Edie (new)

Edie | 835 comments 1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.
One Years of Solitude

Formula romance novels... so much drivel.

The Chalk Artist

4. Gummy Spiders Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one.
Neverwhere

5. Jumbo Lollypop This took you forever to get through, but hey! You did it!
Evicted:Poverty and Profit in the American City

6. Cotton Candy: Admit it, you loved this when you were younger (you probably still do). Think: children’s or MG fiction.
Mary Poppins

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
marzipan

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Apples: Ah. Healthy food. It is deep, meaningful, and probably won a lot of awards but, um, it really isn’t your thing.
Life of Pi - At the end PI briefly tells an alternative version of events with a 'would you rather of heard that story, I think not' kind of attitude. I would've preferred to read that story.

Books that are promoted as fantasy, mytery, etc but are just romance novels in disguise.

Persuasion. Love this book. Captain Wentworth is my book boyfriend.

4. Gummy Spiders: Eek! You made sure to check under your bed every night for a week after reading this scary one.
The Maul and the Pear Tree - not a horror story but a true crime one with people being murdered in their homes at night. I finished it and then realised it was really late and dark and quiet as everyone else was asleep and the house is old and makes noises. It took me quite awhile to fall asleep.

5. Jumbo Lollypop: This took you forever to get through, but hey! You did it!
The Club Dumas - I kept putting it down and reading anything else instead.

The Sheep Pig - I used to read a lot when I was young but this is always the first book I think about when I'm asked something like this.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION: What's your favorite candy?
Chocolate preferably with salted caramel.

message 28: by Bryony, Circumnavigation Mod (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 1058 comments Mod
1. Apples:

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. The reviews are full of people raving about the beautiful writing. I thought it could’ve done with a good editor to point out that it’s not necessary to use ten words when two would do.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

The Hydrogen Murder by Camille Minichino.
This was just awful. I can hardly think of a redeeming word to say about it. The main character is a very thinly veiled version of the author, the plot is absurd and the writing is clunky and annoying. Apparently it’s part of a series but I can’t understand how any publisher agreed to put out the first one let alone any more.

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

4. Gummy Spiders

The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks.
Not so much scary as just plain disturbing. There’s a particular description in it that made me feel sick every time I thought of it for ages after reading the book.

5. Jumbo Lollypop

A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James
This book was fantastic. However it’s around 700 pages with a complicated plot and a massive list of characters so it wasn’t a quick read.

6. Cotton Candy:

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

Anything that’s super sweet (and clearly designed for children, rather than sugar-addict adults like me!)

message 29: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 928 comments 1. Apples:

Pride and Prejudice, just couldn't get into the romance of it. I did watch the mini series with Colin Firth and enjoyed a little more than the book.

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?

Paper Princess - unwelcome aggressive sexual language/actions, date rape/drugs, and degradation of girls/women are not my flavor.

3. Chocolate Kisses:

Not big on romance but enjoyed the main romance of Crazy Rich Asians

4. Gummy Spiders

Most books don't scare me but I found Pretty Girls pretty messed up.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The Pillars of the Earth

6. Cotton Candy:

A Light in the Attic

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION

caramel

message 30: by Veronica (new)

Veronica | 797 comments 1. Apples:
A Separate Peace

2.Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST? (I actually really love black jelly beans and black licorice! )
Gone Girl, I despise that book.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
Pride and Prejudice

4. Gummy Spiders
I don't really read scary books but The Handmaid's Tale is pretty terrifying.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
The Fireman
It took me about 6 weeks to get through!

6. Cotton Candy:
Anne of Green Gables

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
Dark chocolate

message 31: by Mel (new)

Mel | 162 comments 1. Apples:
Hatchet.

2. Black Jellybeans:
WHY DO THESE EXIST?
City of Bones and its many prequels, sequels and side series.

3. Chocolate Kisses:
When Dimple Met Rishi. Hands down one of my favorite (if not my favorite) YA romance.

4. Gummy Spiders
There was this one fiction book about kids getting abducted by aliens (the title of which I can't remember for the life of me and can't seem to find despite Googling) that I read when I was younger that gave me tons of nightmares. It was the definition of eek.

5. Jumbo Lollypop
Pachinko. I was trying to finish this on time for my book club, and it was one of those books that just felt like an eon to read (mainly because it got less interesting to me as the story progressed).

6. Cotton Candy:
Off the top of my head: Nancy Drew mysteries, The Babysitter's Club series, those Magic Treehouse books...I'm not sure how any of them would hold up if I read them today, but I'm interested to find out at some point.

KATIE'S BONUS QUESTION
Smarties.