SBTB Goodreads Group discussion

Challenges > April - June 2018 Quarterly Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda D. (tinyminx) | 207 comments Mod
This quarterly challenge features five themed tasks per month, totaling fifteen tasks total.

Duration: April 1 - June 30

Instructions:

There are five tasks per month.

Tasks can be completed in any order. For example, you can read a book in January that satisfies a March task. The months are only there to serve as task inspiration.

Only one book can be used per task. If a book fulfills two tasks, you'll have to choose!

Books can only be used if they were started and finished during the challenge's time frame.

Please post in this thread if you have any questions!

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover!
2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy.
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete.
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9.
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water.

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother.
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please.
3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character.
4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character.
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like!

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling.
2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father.
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J.
4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance.
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title

message 2: by Critterbee❇ (last edited Jun 24, 2018 08:48AM) (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 248 comments All right, Come on Spring Challenge!
F I N I S H E D !!!
Update 6-24: 15/15 Completed!!
My fav book so far is My Fair Concubine

APRIL
1. Easter: Royal Airs by Sharon Shinn 4 Stars…
2. April Fool's Day: Level Up by Cathy Yardley 4 Stars…
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: The Princess Deception by Nell Stark 3 Stars…
4. Happy Birthday(I'm 29!): My Fair Concubine by Jeannie Lin 280p5 Stars…
5. April Showers: Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw 4 Stars…
Royal Airs (Elemental Blessings, #2) by Sharon Shinn Level Up (Fandom Hearts, #1) by Cathy Yardley The Princess Deception by Nell Stark My Fair Concubine (Tang Dynasty, #3) by Jeannie Lin Mara, Daughter of the Nile by Eloise Jarvis McGraw

MAY
1. Mother's Day:Habibi by Craig Thompson 2 Stars…
2. May Flowers: The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer 4 Stars…
3. Cinco de Mayo: Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal 4 Stars…
4. Memorial Day: A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam 3 Stars…
5. Reader's Choice: Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell 4 Stars…
Habibi by Craig Thompson The Reluctant Widow by Georgette Heyer Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal A Golden Age by Tahmima Anam Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Song of Blood & Stone by L. Penelope 3 Stars…
2. Father's Day: Destiny's Surrender by Beverly Jenkins 4 Stars…
3. J is for: Shadow Dancing by Julie Mulhern 4 Stars…
4. Juneteenth: Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann 4 Stars…
5. Four Letter World: What the Night Sings by Vesper Stamper 5 Stars…

Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope Destiny's Surrender (Destiny, #2) by Beverly Jenkins Shadow Dancing (The Country Club Murders Book 7) by Julie Mulhern Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann What the Night Sings by Vesper Stamper

message 3: by Jae (last edited May 25, 2018 08:30AM) (new)

Jae | 127 comments Done!

APRIL
1. Complete May 1 Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover.
A Precious Jewel by Mary Balogh; historical romance with a difficult premise, 4 stars
2. Complete April 17 April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy.
Screwdrivered by Alice Clayton; contemporary romance, 3 stars. Cute but the lady spends more than half the book thinking about a totally different dude.
3. Complete April 19 Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete.
Too Far, Too Fast by Elizabeth Oldfield; contemporary romance, 2 stars. Dude is a pro tennis player
4. Compete April 2 Happy Birthday: Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9.
Stud by Jamie Schmidt; contemporary romance, 2 stars; 203 pages
5. Complete April 4 April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover.
The Baby Battle by Shannon Waverly, contemporary romance, 3 stars, I believe that's Massachusetts Bay on the cover

1. A Precious Jewel (Stapleton-Downes, #2) by Mary Balogh 2. Screwdrivered (Cocktail, #3) by Alice Clayton 3. Too Far, Too Fast by Elizabeth Oldfield 4. Stud by Jamie K. Schmidt 5. The Baby Battle by Shannon Waverly

MAY
1. Complete April 4 Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother.
Island Child by Roz Denny, contemporary romance, 3 stars
2. Complete April 5 May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please.
Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer; contemporary romance, 2 stars. It was a little more challenging than I was expecting but LaVyrle Spencer sure can write. And I think that's an iris on the cover.
3. Complete May 6 Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character.
One & Only by Viv Daniels. New Adult romance; lead lady is working in a restaurant as a waitress/bartender while going to school, 4 stars but it covers some difficult topics (including cheating)
4. Complete April 28 Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character.
Marrying The Captain by Carla Kelly; historical romance, main dude is a naval captain, the lady runs an inn in Plymouth, 4 stars
5. Complete May 29 Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like!
Land of Illusion by Kay Thorpe, contemporary romance, 3 stars but it's an 80's HP, I basically love all of them except the really egregious ones

1. Island Child by Roz Denny Fox 2. Separate Beds by LaVyrle Spencer 3. One & Only (Canton, #1) by Viv Daniels 4. Marrying The Captain (Channel Fleet, #1) by Carla Kelly 5. Land of Illusion by Kay Thorpe

JUNE
1. Complete April 15 Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling.
One Night...Nine-Month Scandal by Sarah Morgan; contemporary romance, lady and dude go to Corfu from England, fly around to other parts of Greece, the setup was silly and both of them are kind of dumb, 2 stars,
2. Complete April 2 Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father.
The Secret Father by Anna Adams; contemporary romance, 3 stars
3. Complete April 2 J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J.
Forever In My Heart by Jo Goodman; book 3 of the Dennehy Sisters series, historical western romance, 4 stars
4. Complete May 4 Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance.
Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann; new adult romance; tons of queer rep, tons of ethnic diversity, real talk about the asexuality spectrum, fun and cute main character, written by a woman of color; 4 stars
5. Complete April 7 Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title
Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs; paranormal romance/urban fantasy crossover 4 stars, I am waiting breathlessly for the next book to be available at the library
1. One Night...Nine-Month Scandal by Sarah Morgan 2. The Secret Father by Anna Adams 3. Forever In My Heart (Dennehy Sisters, #3) by Jo Goodman 4. Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann 5. Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega #4) by Patricia Briggs

message 4: by HeatherMarie (last edited May 30, 2018 11:28AM) (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments APRIL
15/15 🙂
✔️1. Easter: Crazy Rich Asians🎧4/19
✔️2. April Fool's Day: Talk Dirty to Me🎧4/8
✔️3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Out of Bounds🎧4/6
✔️🎂🎁4. Happy Birthday:Rocky Mountain Rebel (265 pgs)🎧4/16
✔️5. April Showers: Lake Silence🎧4/12
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan Talk Dirty to Me (Plum Orchard, #1) by Dakota Cassidy Out of Bounds (The Summer Games, #2) by R.S. Grey Rocky Mountain Rebel (Six Pack Ranch #5; Rocky Mountain House #5) by Vivian Arend Lake Silence (The Others, #6) by Anne Bishop
MAY
✔️1. Mother's Day: A Noble Groom🎧5/19
✔️2. May Flowers: Take Me Home🎧5/18
✔️3. Cinco de Mayo: Waiting on You🎧4/15
✔️4. Memorial Day: Royalist on the Run📱4/24
✔️5. Reader's Choice: A Princess in Theory 4/9
A Noble Groom (Michigan Brides, #2) by Jody Hedlund Take Me Home (Country Roads, #1) by Inez Kelley Waiting on You (Blue Heron, #3) by Kristan Higgins Royalist On The Run by Helen Dickson A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole
JUNE
✔️1. Summer Vacation: Butterfly Swords🎧5/22
✔️2. Father's Day: Sweet Tea and Sympathy📱5/8
✔️3. J is for: Hope Flames by Jaci Burton 🎧4/6
✔️4. Juneteenth: The Lotus Palace🎧4/6
✔️5. Four Letter World: The Best Man🎧4/13
Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1) by Jeannie Lin Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1) by Molly Harper Hope Flames (Hope, #1) by Jaci Burton The Lotus Palace (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #1) by Jeannie Lin The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1) by Kristan Higgins

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren loves llamas (laureninca) | 29 comments Yay, spring!

APRIL
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9.
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water.

MAY
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please.

JUNE

message 6: by Koozebane (last edited May 08, 2018 09:26AM) (new)

Koozebane | 67 comments 15/15 (finished 5/7)

APRIL
1. Easter: BLANK SPACES by Cass Lennox (finished 4/17) Blank Spaces (Toronto Connections, #1) by Cass Lennox
2. April Fool's Day: DATING YOU/HATING YOU by Christina Lauren (finished 4/3) Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: THE HOCKEY PLAYER'S HEART by Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (finished 4/6) The Hockey Player's Heart (Hockey Hearts, #1) by Jeff Adams
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): THE DARK ANGELS: WITH WINGS by Z. Allora (278 pages, finished 4/23) The Dark Angels With Wings by Z. Allora
5. April Showers: TO KISS A THIEF by Susanna Craig (finished 4/4) To Kiss a Thief (Runaway Desires #1) by Susanna Craig
MAY
1. Mother's Day: MAX by Sawyer Bennett (finished 4/2) Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6) by Sawyer Bennett
2. May Flowers: BACHELOR NATION by Amy Kaufman (finished 4/27) Bachelor Nation Inside the World of America's Favorite Guilty Pleasure by Amy Kaufman
3. Cinco de Mayo: BEGGARS AND CHOOSERS by Mia Kerick (finished 5/6) Beggars and Choosers (Beggars and Choosers, #1) by Mia Kerick
4. Memorial Day: ONE MARINE, HERO by E.M. Lynley (finished 4/22) One Marine, Hero by E.M. Lynley
5. Reader's Choice: LITTLE FIRES EVERYWHERE by Celeste Ng (finished 4/30) Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: AMERICANA FAIRY TALE by Lex Chase (finished 4/25) Americana Fairy Tale (Fairy Tales of the Open Road, #1) by Lex Chase
2. Father's Day: ONE SMALL THING by M.J. O'Shea and Piper Vaughn (finished 5/7) One Small Thing (One Thing, #1) by Piper Vaughn
3. J is for: WES AND TOREN by JM Colail (finished 5/4) Wes and Toren by J.M. Colail
4. Juneteenth: WRONG TO NEED YOU by Alisha Rai (finished 4/5) Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai
5. Four Letter World: PENT UP by Damon Suede (finished 4/21) Pent Up by Damon Suede

message 7: by Laure (last edited Jun 04, 2018 07:23AM) (new)

Laure | 66 comments 15/15
APRIL--Finished

1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover! The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare (4/19/18)
Mister McHottie by Pippa Grant (4/8/18)
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen (4/20/18)
Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey 284 pgs. (4/22/18)
The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley--river . (4/22/18)
The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1) by Tessa Dare Mister McHottie by Pippa Grant Hard Hitter (Brooklyn Bruisers, #2) by Sarina Bowen Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley

MAY--Finished
Reckless in Texas by Kari Lynn Dell (5/15/18)
Do You Want to Start a Scandal by Tessa Dare (5/4/18)
Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai (5/5/18)
Running Blind by Cindy Gerard (6/3/18)
The Summer Children by Dot Hutchison (5/23/18)
Reckless in Texas (Texas Rodeo #1) by Kari Lynn Dell Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5, Castles Ever After, #4) by Tessa Dare Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai Running Blind (One-Eyed Jacks, #3) by Cindy Gerard The Summer Children (The Collector, #3) by Dot Hutchison

JUNE--Finished
A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole (4/15/18) H travels to NYC, H & h travel to Thesolo and then her parents hometown
The Duke's Wager by Edith Layton (5/1/18)
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James (5/27/18)
Wanna Bet? by Talia Hibbert (5/17/18)
A Gift for Guile by Alissa Johnson (4/29/30)
A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1) by Edith Layton Seven Minutes in Heaven (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #3; Desperate Duchesses, #9) by Eloisa James Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2) by Talia Hibbert A Gift for Guile (The Thief Takers, #2) by Alissa Johnson

message 8: by Amanda (last edited May 27, 2018 04:29PM) (new)

Amanda | 22 comments Yay, I'm in!

Count: 12/15

APRIL
1. Easter:
Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover!
Hello Forever by Sarina Bowen 🎧 (4/9-4/13, 5*****)
A Bollywood Affair by Sonali Dev 🎧 (5/10-5/13, 4****)
Hearts by Stef Ann Holm 📖 📚 (4/7-4/8, 5*****)
On the Edge by Ilona Andrews (309p) 🎧
Act Like It by Lucy Parker 🎧 (5/13-5/15, 4****)

Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2) by Nealy Wagner A Bollywood Affair (Bollywood) by Sonali Dev Hearts (Brides For All Seasons, #4) by Stef Ann Holm On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1) by Lucy Parker

MAY
1. Mother's Day:
Read a book with a heroine who's a mother.
Destiny's Surrender by Beverly Jenkins 🎧 (5/20-5/22, 4****)
Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin 🎧 OR Duncan's Bride by Linda Howard 🎧 (5/18-5/20, 3***)
Weeping Angel by Stef Ann Holm 📖 📚
The Marriage Spell by Mary Jo Putney 🎧 (5/15-5/18, 5*****)

Destiny's Surrender (Destiny, #2) by Beverly Jenkins Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasty, #1) by Jeannie Lin OR Duncan's Bride (Patterson-Cannon Family, #1) by Linda Howard Weeping Angel by Stef Ann Holm The Marriage Spell by Mary Jo Putney

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation:
Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling.
Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon 🎧 (5/27-currently reading) OR My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse 🎧 (5/25-5/27, 4****)
To Sir Phillip, With Love by Julia Quinn 🎧 (4/24-4/29, 4****)
Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn 🎧 (4/19-4/24, 4****)
Destiny's Captive by Beverly Jenkins 🎧 (5/22-5/25, 3***)
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title.
An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn 🎧 (4/14-4/19, 2**)

Murder Takes the High Road by Josh Lanyon OR My Man Jeeves (Jeeves, #1) by P.G. Wodehouse To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5) by Julia Quinn Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4) by Julia Quinn Destiny's Captive (Destiny, #3) by Beverly Jenkins An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3) by Julia Quinn

📖 📚 💿 💻 📱 🎧
⭐️🌟💜❤️💖💕💞💘♥️💋

message 9: by Harmonyb (last edited Jul 02, 2018 11:24AM) (new)

Harmonyb | 19 comments Finished, tho just barely!

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. The Palace Job (6/16) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
(Looks way more pastel-y on my kindle)
2. April Fool's Day: Remedial Rocket Science (5/27) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Rookie Move (4/20) 🏒🏒🏒
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29): Midnight's Kiss (295!) (4/21) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. April Showers: Shadow's End (5/30) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Palace Job (Rogues of the Republic, #1) by Patrick Weekes Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons, #1) by Susannah Nix Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) by Sarina Bowen Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8) by Thea Harrison Shadow's End (Elder Races, #9) by Thea Harrison

MAY
1. Mother's Day: The Stone Sky (6/10) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. May Flowers: Hot in Hellcat Canyon (6/12) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. Cinco de Mayo: Wrong to Need You (6/30) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. Memorial Day:Wheels Up (4/26)⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Reader's Choice: Children of Blood and Bone (5/6) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth, #3) by N.K. Jemisin Hot in Hellcat Canyon (Hellcat Canyon, #1) by Julie Anne Long Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4) by Annabeth Albert Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Crazy Rich Asians (5/9) ⭐️⭐️⭐️
2. Father's Day: Ryker (6/18) 🏒🏒🏒
3. J is for: Forbidden- Beverly Jenkins (5/15) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. Juneteenth: A Princess in Theory (5/12) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
5. Four Letter World: Hate to Want You (4/30) ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan Ryker (Cold Fury Hockey, #4) by Sawyer Bennett Forbidden (Old West, #1) by Beverly Jenkins A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole Hate to Want You (Forbidden Hearts, #1) by Alisha Rai

message 10: by Sabrina (last edited Jul 03, 2018 03:14PM) (new)

Sabrina West | 52 comments Status: 15/15 (Done 6/30)

APRIL
Static by L.A. Witt. Finished 5/15 ****
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. Finished 6/7 ***** (LOVED IT)
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy Finished 4/29 ****
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green (288 pages, per its Goodreads Summary). Finished 4/28 ***
Making Up by Lucy Parker (publishing May 28!!) (cover has the Thames in the background). Finished 6/17 ****
Static by L.A. Witt The Hating Game by Sally Thorne Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy Turtles All the Way Down by John Green Making Up (London Celebrities, #3) by Lucy Parker

MAY
Too Wilde to Wed by Eloisa James. Finished 6/23 ****
After the Wedding, Courtney Milan. Finished 5/27 ****
Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai (heroine bartends). Finished 6/26 ***
The Soldier's Scoundrel by Cat Sebastian (one of the heroes is a soldier). Finished 6/3 ****
Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman. Finished 5/6 *****
Too Wilde to Wed (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #2) by Eloisa James After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2) by Courtney Milan Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai The Soldier's Scoundrel (The Turner Series, #1) by Cat Sebastian Tess of the Road (Tess of the Road, #1) by Rachel Hartman

JUNE
The Swan Riders, Erin Bow (characters traveling across post-apocalyptic Saskatchewan. As you do). Finished 4/20 ****
Destiny's Surrender, by Beverly Jenkins. Finished 6/22 ***
Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy. Finished 4/28 ****
A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
On the Edge of Gone by Corrine Duyvis. Finished 4/29 **
The Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace, #2) by Erin Bow Destiny's Surrender (Destiny, #2) by Beverly Jenkins Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis

message 11: by The Bookstore Vixen (last edited Jun 29, 2018 05:40PM) (new)

The Bookstore Vixen  (thebookstorevixen) | 31 comments Finished!!! Just in time!

APRIL
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones

Well Hung Over In Vegas by Kimberly Fox

Changing the Game by Jaci Burton

Black Lyon by Jude Deveraux

Snow on the Bayou by Sandra Hill

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Well Hung Over in Vegas by Kimberly Fox Changing the Game (Play by Play, #2) by Jaci Burton The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert, #1) by Jude Deveraux Snow on the Bayou (Tante Lulu Adventure, #1; Cajun, #9) by Sandra Hill

MAY
The Fate of Mercy Alban by Wendy Webb

Moonglow by Kristen Callihan

Protecting What's His by Tessa Bailey

I Dream of Danger by Lisa Marie Rice

Breaking Danger by Lisa Marie Rice

The Fate of Mercy Alban by Wendy Webb Moonglow (Darkest London, #2) by Kristen Callihan I Dream of Danger (Ghost Ops, #2) by Lisa Marie Rice Breaking Danger (Ghost Ops, #3) by Lisa Marie Rice Protecting What's His (Line of Duty, #1) by Tessa Bailey

JUNE
The Colonists Wife by Kylie Scott

Spellbound Falls by Janet Chapman

Woman in the Shadows by Jane Thynne

Forbidden by Beverly Jenkins

Sweet Spot by Stella Rhys
Colonist's Wife by Kylie Scott Woman in the Shadows (Clara Vine, #2) by Jane Thynne Sweet Spot (Irresistible, #1) by Stella Rhys Spellbound Falls by Janet Chapman Forbidden (Old West, #1) by Beverly Jenkins

message 12: by Jujubee (last edited Jul 03, 2018 09:50AM) (new)

Jujubee (goodreadscomjujubeed) | 43 comments I'm IN!!! Lurve this MY BIG 6 0 this MAY~~~~
Duration: April 1 - June 30

APRIL 05/05 COMPLETED
Salacious by A. Zavarelli Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2) by Marissa Clarke Studly Period (The Ivy Years, #5.5) by Sarina Bowen Blaze Erupting (Scorpius Syndrome #4.5; 1001 Dark Nights #75) by Rebecca Zanetti On the Island (On the Island, #1) by Tracey Garvis-Graves
1. Easter: Salacious A. Zavarelli • Read 05/03/18 4*
2. April Fool's Day: Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction 02) Marissa Clarke • Read 05/16/18 4*
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Hockey Studly Period (The Ivy Years 05.5) Sarina Bowen • Read newsletter serial 05/19/18 4*
4. Happy Birthday (I turn 60 May 21!): Page Count 125 Blaze Erupting (Scorpius Syndrome 04.5, 1001 Dark Nights #75) Rebecca Zanetti • Read 05/04/18 4*
5. April Showers: Ocean On the Island (On the Island 01) Tracey Garvis-Graves, • Read 04/04/18 4*

MAY 04/05 Missed it by "this" much LOL!!
53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters For My Lover, #1) by Leylah Attar Rough Edge (The Edge, #1) by C.D. Reiss The Scottish Prisoner by Diana Gabaldon Wildfire (Hidden Legacy, #3) by Ilona Andrews
1. Mother's Day: 53 Letters For My Lover (53 Letters for My Lover 01) Leylah Attar • Read 04/02/18 5*
2. May Flowers: Tulip Rough Edge (The Edge 01) CD Reiss • Read 05/21/18 4.5*
3. Cinco de Mayo: PLACECARD: On Dublin Street or Mystery Man
Read a book with a bartender character.
4. Memorial Day: Lieutenant Colonel British Army The Scottish Prisoner (Lord John Grey 03) Diana Gabaldon • Read 04/21/18 5*
5. Reader's Choice: Wildfire (Hidden Legacy 03) Ilona Andrews • Read 04/25/18 5*

JUNE 05/05 COMPLETED
{ Seven Stones to Stand or Fall by Diana Gabaldon A Fugitive Green (Outlander #2.5) by Diana Gabaldon } Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine, #2) by Shay Savage Shadows (Lux, #0.5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5) by Leylah Attar Four Nights with the Duke (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, #2; Desperate Duchesses, #8) by Eloisa James
1. Summer Vacation: France, England, Amsterdam A Fugitive Green from the anthology Seven Stones to Stand or Fall (Outlander #2.5) Diana Gabaldon • Read 04/29/18 5*
2. Father's Day: Bastian's Storm (Surviving Raine 02) Shay Savage • Read 04/04/18 4*
3. J is for: Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadows (Lux 0.5) • Read 04/15/18 4*
4. Juneteenth: Iranian/Canadian From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover 01.5) Leylah Attar • Read 04/03/18 5*
5. Four Letter World: Four Nights With the Duke (Desperate Duchesses by the Numbers, 02; Desperate Duchesses 08) Eloisa James • Read 05/23/18 2.5*

message 13: by Ashley (last edited Jul 02, 2018 06:10AM) (new)

Ashley (simplybookdrunk) | 22 comments Sweet!

15/15

APRIL
Unmasked by the Marquess (Regency Imposters, #1) by Cat Sebastian (finished 4/21) ★★★★
Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3) by Penny Reid (finished 5/24) ★★★★★
First Step Forward (Grand Valley, #1) by Liora Blake (finished 5/19) ★★★
320 pgs
#Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1) by Sariah Wilson (finished 4/5) ★★★½
Sweet Disorder (Lively St. Lemeston, #1) by Rose Lerner (finished 5/14) ★★★★½

MAY
Tempest (Old West, #3) by Beverly Jenkins (finished 5/17) ★★★★★
Love by the Books by Té Russ (finished 5/20) ★★★
Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai (finished 4/14) ★★★★
All I Am (A Farmers' Market Story, #2) by Nicole Helm (finished 4/3) ★★★★
Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7) by Penny Reid (finished 5/10) ★★★★★

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. (Sienna travels to TN to shoot a movie)
Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2) by Penny Reid (finished 5/22) ★★★★½
Can't Buy Me Love (Butler, Vermont #2) by Marie Force (finished 5/6) ★★½
Journey to Munich (Maisie Dobbs, #12) by Jacqueline Winspear (finished 4/27) ★★★★★
Breathless (Old West, #2) by Beverly Jenkins (finished 4/11) ★★★★½
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren (finished 5/5) ★★★★

message 14: by Claire (last edited Jun 27, 2018 09:30PM) (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 24 comments Done! Last book finished 6/27

Let the planning begin! I was hoping for a royal romance slot in May, thankfully I know what I'll be picking for my Reader's Choice title.
APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover! Temptations of a Wallflower so pastel!
2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy. The Wedding Date
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Mister Hockey - hero is captain of a (fake) NHL team
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9. Barbarian's Taming - kindle page count of 243 pages.
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water. Highland Dragon Master - the stormy sea is pictured on the cover, behind a shirtless hero who looks remarkably like Hawley from Sleepy Hollow (at least until you get closer)

1. Temptations of a Wallflower (The Wicked Quills of London, #3) by Eva Leigh 2. The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory 3. Mister Hockey (Hellions Angels, #1) by Lia Riley 4. Barbarian's Taming (Ice Planet Barbarians, #8) by Ruby Dixon 5. Highland Dragon Master (Dawn of the Highland Dragon, #3) by Isabel Cooper

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother. The Scotsman Who Saved Me - Emily takes over as mother for her sister's child after he is orphaned.
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please. Rogues Rush In - flowers in the upper corners!
3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character. Dirty hero and two side characters (sequel bait) bartend at a restaurant.
4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character. Hero - Hero is a member of his planet's military, taking two years to train in a gladiator ring.
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! The Royal We

1. The Scotsman Who Saved Me (Seven Brides for Seven Scotsmen #1) by Hannah Howell 2. Rogues Rush In by Tessa Dare 3. Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott 4. Hero (Galactic Gladiators, #3) by Anna Hackett 5. The Royal We by Heather Cocks

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. The Ones Who Got Away - hero is on enforced vacation after an undercover job.
2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father. Barbarian's Beloved - Zolaya has a son.
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. Midnight Wolf by Jennifer Ashley
4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance. Hurts to Love You heroine is Greek-American, hero is (view spoiler)
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title Fire in His Kiss - two four letter words!

1. The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1) by Roni Loren 2. Barbarian's Beloved (Ice Planet Barbarians, #16) by Ruby Dixon 3. Midnight Wolf (Shifters Unbound, #11) by Jennifer Ashley 4. Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3) by Alisha Rai 5. Fire in His Kiss (Fireblood Dragon, #2) by Ruby Dixon

message 15: by Becca (new)

Becca (herblackwings29) | 4 comments 0/15
APRIL

MAY

JUNE

message 16: by Christine (last edited May 20, 2018 11:15AM) (new)

Christine (sybergypsy) | 5 comments I already have some of these planned its hard to wait though.

APRIL
Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1) by Christina Lauren
From Lukov with Loveby Mariana Zapata From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata

Midnight's Kiss by Thea Harrison Midnight's Kiss (Elder Races, #8) by Thea Harrison 290 pages

The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband by Julia Quinn The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2) by Julia Quinn

MAY
The Rose Garden The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
Wrong to Need You Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai

First to Burn First to Burn (Immortal Vikings, #1) by Anna Richland

JUNE
River Marked River Marked (Mercy Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs
It Takes Two to Tumble by Cat Sebastian It Takes Two to Tumble (Seducing the Sedgwicks, #1) by Cat Sebastian

The Wedding Date The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
The Belles The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

message 17: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 248 comments Christine wrote: "I already have some of these planned its hard to wait though..."

I know, it is difficult to wait! One more week seems so long...

message 18: by Claire (new)

Claire (cacromwell) | 24 comments I just borrowed The Ones Who Got Away yesterday at the library - too bad I don't think rain counts as a "body of water," or I can't twist the interpretation to be "bodies in water," since the cover models are being drenched in a rainstorm!

Thankfully I can use it for the four-letter word challenge instead. But first, I have to hurry up and finish the last of March's books - off o find something I already own that has a green cover!

message 19: by Koozebane (new)

Koozebane | 67 comments For Mother's Day, does the heroine necessarily have to be raising her own kids? (I'm sure intentional adoption is a total go, but a lot of heroines have legal guardianship thrust upon them...)

message 20: by Amanda (new)

Koozebane wrote: "For Mother's Day, does the heroine necessarily have to be raising her own kids? (I'm sure intentional adoption is a total go, but a lot of heroines have legal guardianship thrust upon them...)"

Nope! I'll accept mother roles. A lot of romances seem to have children whose parents have passed and some distant relative gets guardianship.

message 21: by Sarena (last edited Jun 19, 2018 09:06PM) (new)

Sarena | 22 comments 13/15

APRIL
Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid
The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan
Wild Hunger by Suzanne Wright
Ocean Light by Nalini Singh

Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid The Hot Shot (Game On, #4) by Kristen Callihan Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7) by Suzanne Wright Ocean Light (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #2; Psy-Changeling, #17) by Nalini Singh

MAY
Along Came Love by Tracey Livesay (did not like any of these characters)
Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai
Midnight Action by Elle Kennedy
The Thief by J.R. Ward

Along Came Love (Shades of Love, #2) by Tracey Livesay Wrong to Need You (Forbidden Hearts, #2) by Alisha Rai Midnight Action (Killer Instincts, #5) by Elle Kennedy The Thief (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #16) by J.R. Ward

JUNE
Our Song by Savannah Kade
Riveted by Jay Crownover
To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter

Our Song (The Wilder Books, #1) by Savannah Kade Riveted (Saints of Denver, #3) by Jay Crownover To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1) by Jenny Han Not If I Save You First by Ally Carter

message 22: by Melissa (last edited May 27, 2018 07:31AM) (new)

Melissa (tearainread) Update May 27: 15/15 prompts filled

APRIL
1. Easter: Evening Stars (Blackberry Island, #3) by Susan Mallery
2. April Fool's Day: Alejandro's Sorceress (The Cardinal Witches #1) by Alyssa Day
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: One Wish (Thunder Point, #7) by Robyn Carr - heroine is a former competitive figure skater
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz - 272 pages.
5. April Showers: Island Girls by Nancy Thayer Takes place on Nantucket Island

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Three Sisters (Blackberry Island, #2) by Susan Mallery
2. May Flowers: Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2) by Melissa de la Cruz
3. Cinco de Mayo: Valentine's Day at the Star and Sixpence (short story) by Holly Hepburn
4. Memorial Day: Barefoot Season (Blackberry Island #1) by Susan Mallery One of the two female MCs is a soldier returning from Afghanistan after being wounded in combat.
5. Reader's Choice: When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2) by Brenda Novak

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Hospitality and Homicide (A Tourist Trap Mystery, #8) by Lynn Cahoon
2. Father's Day: Pride of Africa (Hotel Safari, #1) by Tori Knightwood
3. J is for: Wonderment in Death (In Death, #41.5) by J.D. Robb
4. Juneteenth: Stardust (Cirque Macabre) by Kristen Strassel f/f relationship
5. Four Letter World: It's in His Kiss (Lucky Harbor, #10) by Jill Shalvis

message 23: by Ginger (last edited Jun 19, 2018 04:01AM) (new)

Ginger W | 40 comments My spot!
15/15

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Once a Soldier
2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy. The Wedding Date
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Star Crossed
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9. Ramona Blue
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water. A Shocking Delight
Once a Soldier (Rogues Redeemed, #1) by Mary Jo Putney The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory Star Crossed (Battered Hearts Book 2) by Kele Moon Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy A Shocking Delight (Company of Rogues, #15) by Jo Beverley

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother. Some Kind of Hero
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Rogues Rush In
3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character. Taking a Shot
4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character. All for You
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Getaway Girl
Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17) by Suzanne Brockmann Rogues Rush In by Tessa Dare Taking a Shot (Play by Play, #3) by Jaci Burton All for You (Paris Nights, #1) by Laura Florand Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. My Oxford Year
2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father. Hooked On You
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. The Duke's Perfect Wife
4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance. Invitation to the Blues
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title. Ivan
My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #4) by Kate Meader The Duke's Perfect Wife (MacKenzies & McBrides, #4) by Jennifer Ashley Invitation to the Blues (Small Change, #2) by Roan Parrish Ivan (Gideon's Riders, #3) by Kit Rocha

message 24: by Cat (last edited Jun 27, 2018 04:23AM) (new)

Cat | 26 comments Yay, quarterly challenge! And woohoo, done!

15/15

APRIL
The Love List by Deb Marlowe, 5/19
The Love List (Half Moon House #1) by Deb Marlowe

Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood, 4/21
Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood

Pucked by Helena Hunting, 6/23
Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting

When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri, 5/27 (I got an ARC of this cute opposites-attract f/f), 272 pages
When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri

Longing for Love by Marie Force, 4/20
Longing for Love (Gansett Island, #7) by Marie Force

MAY
One Tiny Miracle by Carol Marinelli, 4/21
One Tiny Miracle... by Carol Marinelli

Wonderful by Jill Barnett, 6/22
Wonderful (Medieval Wedding Trilogy Book 1) by Jill Barnett

The Bride Next Door by Hope Ramsay, 5/26
The Bride Next Door (Chapel of Love) by Hope Ramsay

Forever a Soldier by Genevieve Turner (LOVED this book), 6/14
Forever a Soldier (Always a Cowboy #1) by Genevieve Turner

The Bridal Pact by Leora Gonzales, 5/21 (delightful CRAZYSAUCE about being a mail-order bride for aliens. Bonus points for a plus-size heroine who loves her body. Note that this is a republished version of an Ellora's Cave book)
Bridal Pact (Bridal Pact, #1) by Leora Gonzales

JUNE
A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole, 4/30
A Princess in Theory (Reluctant Royals, #1) by Alyssa Cole

Bountiful by Sarina Bowen, 6/8
Bountiful (Brooklyn Bruisers #3.5; True North, #4) by Sarina Bowen

Only Seduction Will Do by Jenna Jaxon, 5/28
Only Seduction Will Do (House of Pleasure, #4) by Jenna Jaxon

After the Wedding by Courtney Milan, 4/25
After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2) by Courtney Milan

5. Four Letter Word: Read a book with a four letter word in the title
Love Song (Instrumental) by Lisa McLuckie, 4/28
Love Song (Instrumental) A Hidden Springs Novel by Lisa McLuckie

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shylersmom) | 7 comments Does time travel count as travel (June #1)?

message 26: by Amanda (last edited Jun 22, 2018 10:54AM) (new)

Amanda (dcromancereader) | 4 comments 15/15 read -- completed 6/21

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover! Swept Off My Feet by Ines Bautista-Yao (3.5 stars)
2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy. Driven To Temptation by Melia Alexander (3 stars)
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Fast Break by Regina Hart (3.5 stars)
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9. I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter (3.5 stars) -- Kindle edition is 272 pages
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water. This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (3 stars)

Swept Off My Feet by Ines Bautista-Yao Driven to Temptation by Melia Alexander Fast Break (Brooklyn Monarchs, #1) by Regina Hart I Wanna Text You Up by Teagan Hunter This Is What Happy Looks Like (This is What Happy Looks Like, #1) by Jennifer E. Smith

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother. Thirsty by Mia Hopkins (4.5 stars)
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please. The Infamous Miss Rodriguez by Lydia San Andres (3.5 stars)
3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character. I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne (3 stars)
4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character. A Girl Like Her by Talia Hibbert (5 stars)--hero is ex-military
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Royals by Rachel Hawkins (4 stars)

Thirsty (Eastside Brewery, #1) by Mia Hopkins The Infamous Miss Rodriguez (Ciudad Real, 0.5) by Lydia San Andres I Knew You Were Trouble (Oxford, #4) by Lauren Layne A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood #1) by Talia Hibbert Royals by Rachel Hawkins

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. Real Kind of Love by Sara Rider (4 stars)
2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father. Mister Tonight by Kendall Ryan (3 stars)
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. The First Time at Firelight Falls by Julie Anne Long (4 stars)
4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance. Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann (3 stars)
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West (4 stars)

Real Kind of Love (Books & Brews, #1) by Sara Rider Mister Tonight by Kendall Ryan The First Time at Firelight Falls (Hellcat Canyon, #4) by Julie Anne Long Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West

message 27: by Lostshadows (last edited Apr 03, 2018 02:25PM) (new)

Lostshadows | 5 comments Only managed 9 last quarter, so I'm hoping to beat that number.

APRIL

MAY

JUNE

message 28: by Sandy (last edited May 27, 2018 08:47AM) (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Can't stay away :-)
15/15 read on 5/27

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover! American by Day by Derek B. Miller American by Day, by Derek B. Miller ★★★★★ read 4/21. Norwegian policewoman comes to upstate NY to search for her brother, who was involved in death of Black college professor.

2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy. Awkward, by Lily Kate, finished 4/15 ★★★ When I did a search for "romantic comedy" on Kindle Unlimited, this was one of the first hits. Unfortunately the neither the romance (friends to lovers) nor the comedy (mostly the hero's awkwardness with women except for his female best friend) really worked well for me.

3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Virgin Territory, by Lia Riley ★★★★ read 5/8; Hockey goalie and yoga instructor work through some issues from their past.

Tougher in Texas, by Kari Lynn Dell, 4/1 ★★★★ romance in rodeo business; 398 pgs.

5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water. The Mayflower: The Families, the Voyage, and the Founding of America, by Rebecca Fraser, ★★★★ read 4/13. Nonfiction, extremely well-researched but a little dry if you don't like history and detailed descriptions of Puritan politics. Nice painting of Atlantic and the Mayflower on top of cover (see below).

Awkward by Lily Kate Tougher in Texas (Texas Rodeo #3) by Kari Lynn Dell The Mayflower The Families, the Voyage, and the Founding of America by Rebecca Fraser American by Day by Derek B. Miller Virgin Territory (Hellions Angels, #3) by Lia Riley

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother. Reckless in Texas, by Kari Lynn Dell ★★★★ read 4/03; single mom running a family rodeo falls for her replacement bullfighter.

2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please. After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2) by Courtney Milan After the Wedding, by Courtney Milan, ★★★★ read 5/4, historical romance with fascinating characters (English businessman of Anglo-African descent, servant woman stupidly estranged from her upper class family), nice bit of mystery.

3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character. Artistic License, by Elle Pierson (aka Lucy Parker) ★★★★ read 5/27. Sophie (heroine) is bartender by night and artist by day. She meets a security guard "with a face like a Picasso" at a museum exhibit. Great characters & romance, plot a little scattered.

4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character. Deadly Strain, by Julie Rowe, ★★★1/2 read 5/24. Suspenseful thriller set in Afghanistan, with romance between military infectious disease/bioterrorism dr. and special ops soldier. Sex seemed...improbable, given all the wounds, trauma, and disease, but story was still compelling.

5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Luck of the Draw, by Kate Clayborn, ★★★★ read 4/28. Enjoyable but angsty romance about a couple of guilt-ridden people who find each other in most awkward way ever.

Reckless in Texas (Texas Rodeo #1) by Kari Lynn Dell After the Wedding (The Worth Saga #2) by Courtney Milan Artistic License by Elle Pierson Deadly Strain (Biological Response Team, #1) by Julie Rowe Luck of the Draw (Chance of a Lifetime #2) by Kate Clayborn

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. The Dark Angel, by Elly Griffiths, ★★★ 1/2 stars, read 5/23. Archaeologist travels to Italy on a vacation/consult. Not recommended unless you've read the nine previous mysteries in this series, as a lot of the story deals with character development.

2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father. Look the Part, by Jewel E. Ann, ★★★★ read 5/9. Lawyer father of middle-grade son with autism meets a music therapist when she rents office space from him.

3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. Agent Bayne, by Jordan Castillo Price, ★★★★ finished 4/17. 9th in gay romance/paranormal mystery series in gritty alternate Chicago.

4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance. A Girl Like Her, by Talia Hibbert, ★★★★½ read 4/5; Black English woman with autism (parents from Sierra Leone) meets metal-working neighbor man who likes to cook and take care of people. Awesome characters, including families, and interesting English setting.

5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title. Lead, by Kylie Scott, finished 4/12; ★★★★ Rock star and unlikely assistant go from roommates to lovers.

Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann Agent Bayne (PsyCop, #9) by Jordan Castillo Price A Girl Like Her (Ravenswood #1) by Talia Hibbert Lead (Stage Dive, #3) by Kylie Scott The Dark Angel (Ruth Galloway, #10) by Elly Griffiths

message 29: by Norette Ferns (last edited May 16, 2018 03:13AM) (new)

Norette Ferns | 24 comments 15/15

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover. Be sure to include the cover! Hello Forever by Sarina Bowen - finished 14 May - 5 stars
2. April Fool's Day: Read a book that's described as a romantic comedy. Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie - finished 11 May - 4 stars
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Read a book with an athlete. Coming in from the Cold by Coming in from the Cold - finished 30 April - 4 stars
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Read a book with a page count that includes either a 2 or a 9. Fast Justice by Kaylea Cross - 241 pages - finished 14 Apr - 4.5 stars
5. April Showers: Read a book with a body of water on the cover. Be sure to include the cover or mention the body of water. Wanna Bet? by Talia Hibbert River at the bottom of the cover (see below) - finished 30 April - 5 stars
Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2) by Nealy Wagner Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1) by Sarina Bowen Fast Justice (DEA FAST #6) by Kaylea Cross Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2) by Talia Hibbert

MAY
1. Mother's Day: Read a book with a heroine who's a mother. Destiny's Surrender by Beverly Jenkins - finished 5 May - 5 stars
2. May Flowers: Read a book with some sort of plant or flower on the cover. Include the cover, please. From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata - finished 15 May - 4.5 stars
3. Cinco de Mayo: Read a book with a bartender character. Dirty by Kylie Scott - finished 4 May - 3.5 stars
4. Memorial Day: Read a book with a military character. The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride by Cora Seton - finished 12 May - 4 stars
5. Reader's Choice: Read whatever you like! Looking for Trouble by Victoria Dahl - finished 19 April - 4.5 stars
Destiny's Surrender (Destiny's, #2) by Beverly Jenkins From Lukov with Love by Mariana Zapata Dirty (Dive Bar, #1) by Kylie Scott The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #1) by Cora Seton Looking for Trouble (Jackson Girl's Night Out, #1) by Victoria Dahl

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: Read a book with a character on vacation or traveling. Acting on Impulse by Mia Sosa - finished 15 April - 4.5 stars
2. Father's Day: Read a book with a hero who's a father. Hooked On You by Kate Meader - finished 9 May - 4.5 stars
3. J is for: Read a book where the author's first or last name begins with J. Famous by Jenny Holiday - finished 10 April - 4.5 stars
4. Juneteenth: Read a diverse romance. Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai - finished 4 April - 5 stars
5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title Flirting with Disaster by Victoria Dahl - finished 22 Apr - 4 stars

Acting on Impulse (Love on Cue, #1) by Mia Sosa Hooked On You (Chicago Rebels, #3) by Kate Meader Famous (Famous, #1) by Jenny Holiday Hurts to Love You (Forbidden Hearts, #3) by Alisha Rai Flirting with Disaster (Jackson Girl's Night Out, #2) by Victoria Dahl

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Shannon wrote: "Does time travel count as travel (June #1)?"

I'd say no, sorry! I often feel like time traveling happens by accident.

message 31: by Shannon (last edited Jun 19, 2018 11:21AM) (new)

Shannon (ohshanada) | 11 comments Well, I failed miserably at the last challenge due to focusing on class reading BUT I am excited to conquer this one!

And done! (6/19/2018) My favorite books for this challenge were Kulti, The Hating Game and The Kiss Quotient <3

Progress: 15 / 15 books

APRIL
1. Easter: Read a book with a pastel cover.
Smut by Karina Halle
[Read: April 2-11]
Smut by Karina Halle

The Beau & the Belle by R.S. Grey
[Read: May 11-14] Described as "a romantic comedy" on the cover.

Kulti by Mariana Zapata
Both hero and heroine are professional soccer players.
[Read: May 15-16] Holy shit, SO GOOD!

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean (422 pages)
[Re-read: June 2-3]

London Belongs to Me by Jacquelyn Middleton
[Read June 1-2]
River Thames on the cover.
London Belongs to Me by Jacquelyn Middleton

MAY
The Ticket by Heather Grace Stewart
[Read: May 9-10]

The Fortunate Ones by R.S. Grey
[Read: May 10-11]
The Fortunate Ones by R.S. Grey

Dirty by Kylie Scott
[Read: June 10-17]
The hero is a bartender who works at his sister's bar.

The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
The hero fought in the Revolutionary War, where he received the injuries that are the focus of this book. [Read: April 1]

The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson
[Read: May 31 - June 1]

JUNE
A Scandalous Deal by Joanna Shupe
[Read: June 14-19]
The Heroine travels from her native England to New York. The Hero and Heroine actually first meet, and the first few chapters take place, on the ship crossing the Atlantic.

Ride Wild by Laura Kaye
[Read: June 7-10]

A Daring Arrangement by Joanna Shupe
[Read: June 3-4]

The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
Asian American Hero and Heroine / Heroine with Aspergers
[Read: June 7-10]

5. Four Letter World: Read a book with a four letter word in the title.
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
[Read: May 9-19]

message 32: by Anne (last edited Jun 24, 2018 11:03AM) (new)

Anne | 22 comments I'm really enjoying these challenges. 15/15

APRIL
When It's Real by Erin Watt (Read 28/5 - 18)
Wildcat "Things this book is:
• Romantic Comedy" (read 20/5-18)
Four Years Later Ryan is a football player. (read 12/5-18)
Tied Goodreads pagecount 256 pages ( read 22/5-18)
5. April Showers.
Sisters Like Us (Mischief Bay, #4) by Susan Mallery - read 1/4-18

MAY
Sustained (The Legal Briefs, #2) by Emma Chase (read 24/5-18)
My Own True Duchess (True Gentleman Book 5) by Grace Burrowes (read 21/6-18)
Speakeasy - main character owns (and works in) a bar. (read 29/5-18)
Captain Fawley's Innocent Bride (reread 24/6-18)
Good Girl by Jana Aston (read 23/6-18)

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation
Beautiful Bastard (reread 9/4-18) They travel to San Diego for a conference.
Exes & Ho Ho Hos - Male hero has a daughter. (read 5/6-18)
Her Reasons by J.L. Akins ( read 17/5-18)
Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann (read 24/6-18)
Cinderella and the Geek (read 30/5-18)

message 33: by Nash (last edited May 05, 2018 02:05AM) (new)

Nash (nashmunk) | 6 comments I was one book away from completing the last challenge. I hope can complete it this time around. Although it's a bit of a risk because exam season is around the corner.

Progress: 3/15

APRIL
The Hook Up (Game On, #1) by Kristen Callihan Dimitri (Her Russian Protector, #2) by Roxie Rivera
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: The Hook Up
4. Happy Birthday (I'm turning 29!): Dimitri

MAY

JUNE
Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann
Look the Part

message 34: by Sabrina (last edited Apr 14, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Sabrina West | 52 comments ::browses through everyone's lists, looking for interesting books::
"Look the Part" has a 4.3 rating? And a heroine with pet rats?!? I had pet rats as a kid, and they were the best.
What did you think of it, Nash?

message 35: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments Oooh, "Look the Part" does look interesting. I've read some great romances with dads in the past, but all the ones I'm finding now don't thrill me in the least.

message 36: by Nash (new)

Nash (nashmunk) | 6 comments Sabrina wrote: "::browses through everyone's lists, looking for interesting books::
"Look the Part" has a 4.3 rating? And a heroine with pet rats?!? I had pet rats as a kid, and they were the best.
What did you th..."

Oof. sorry for getting back so late. It's exam season.

Personally I loved it. The hero was really unique and I loved the portrayal of him as a father. My favourite part would probably be his interactions with his son oddly enough. I wasn't a massive fan of the heroine but they still made an amazing couple. I would definitely recommend it. (Also, yes pet rats. They're amazing!)

message 37: by LB (last edited May 07, 2018 10:51AM) (new)

LB | 26 comments I realized today that I've accidentally completed most of this challenge - without planning to I've read a bunch of books that fulfill the requirements. The only one missing is summer vacation. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a book in this category? UPDATE: Reading through other people's books, someone pointed out that The Ones Who Got Away could count in the vacation category so that means I have actually completed the challenge! Wow!

I wasn't crazy about many of these books, though, so if I read some books I like better, I will update my list later.

APRIL
1. Easter: Hold Me by Courtney Milan
2. April Fool's Day: Going Wild by Gretchen Galway
3. Patriot's Day/Boston Marathon: Falling for Flynn by Kate Willoughby
4. Happy Birthday: The Mane Attraction by Shelly Laurenston (320 pages)
5. April Showers: The Wanderer by Robyn Carr (the Oregon coast)
Hold Me (Cyclone, #2) by Courtney Milan Going Wild (Oakland Hills Book, #6) by Gretchen Galway Falling for Flynn (Hockey on Tap, #1) by Kate Willoughby The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3) by Shelly Laurenston The Wanderer (Thunder Point, #1) by Robyn Carr

MAY
1. Mother's Day: The Hero by Robyn Carr
2. May Flowers: The Texan's Wager by Jodi Thomas
3. Cinco de Mayo: Ready or Not by Melissa Brayden
4. Memorial Day: After We Fall by Melanie Harlow
5. Reader's Choice: Hello Stranger by Lisa Kleypas
The Hero (Thunder Point, #3) by Robyn Carr The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) by Jodi Thomas Ready or Not (Soho Loft, #3) by Melissa Brayden After We Fall by Melanie Harlow Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

JUNE
1. Summer Vacation: The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren
2. Father's Day: The Newcomer by Robyn Carr
3. J is for: The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen
4. Juneteenth: The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory
5. Four Letter World: Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
The Ones Who Got Away (The Ones Who Got Away, #1) by Roni Loren The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2) by Robyn Carr The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett

message 38: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 248 comments Wow, LB, way to go!

Too bad you 'weren't crazy about most of them.' Which was your favorite? The only one I have read is The Wedding Date, which was a fun read.

message 39: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments Woah LB! You're speedy reader! Good job!!

message 40: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina West | 52 comments Yay LB!

And thank you, Nash; I hadn't picked it up yet because it's somehow not on Overdrive, but I'll put it on my TBR.

message 41: by Jae (new)

Jae | 127 comments Congrats LB!

message 42: by Amanda (new)

Just wanted to pop in and say you all are doing awesome!

message 43: by LB (new)

LB | 26 comments Hmm, picking a favourite is hard because I liked but did not love several of them (in other words, a lot of Bs but no As). I would probably choose Hold Me. I loved the diversity and inclusivity of it - I have never read another book like it - and although I have seen a lot of criticism of the MCs' brattish and changeable behaviour, I work in academia and it all rang 100% true to me. That's what so many academics are like! The passage about the stress of the tenure process was so real it almost gave me a mini panic attack.

I also liked: After We Fall, The Ones Who Got Away, The Wedding Date, Hello Stranger, and even The Way to Game the Walk of Shame which is a YA (not my favourite genre) about a fake relationship (my favourite trope).

message 44: by Koozebane (new)

Koozebane | 67 comments I was surprised at how much I liked MAX...it was one of the very few NHL player/civilian romances I've read with real emotional heft. Jules and Max were extremely sympathetic (maybe unbelievably so in the wrong hands, but their problems rang so true that that didn't matter). ONE SMALL THING was a nice surprise (also works for Cinco de Mayo, BTW)--lower-angst than I thought it would be, with very lovable guys. And while it had weird tonal shifts (and if you're going to have celeb Bachelor fans write testimonials, where the hell is Jason Demers?!), BACHELOR NATION is a must-read for fans of Elyse's recaps...the inner workings of that show are truly terrifying (even before the whole Becca/Arie brouhaha), though there are some people you end up rooting for, too (Rozlyn Papa, Sarah Gertrude Shapiro).

message 45: by Laure (new)

Laure | 66 comments Congrats LB and Koozebane!!

message 46: by Jae (new)

Jae | 127 comments Finished! my list here

I really loved Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann . It was such a good debut with a really unusual lead. A bi/ace character at the front of a romance? Hell yeah. Plus she's a woman of color? And there's a dark-skinned woman on the cover? I was all about this.

message 47: by HeatherMarie (new)

HeatherMarie (heathermariereads) | 66 comments Woot! Go you Jae!

Here's dumb question, but what is "ace"?

message 48: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 248 comments Congrats Jae!

ace = asexual

I loved that book, it was pretty adorable! I had never read a book with an asexual hero or heroine, so I found that very interesting.

message 49: by Sandy (new)

Sandy D. | 44 comments So I finished. I think the best book was American by Day, by Derek B. Miller, but it was suspense/quirky thriller/mystery with just a touch of romance. Best romance was definitely Talia Hibbard's A Girl Like Her, and now I will auto-buy anything new she comes out with. <3

Other romances were all really good except Awkward, by Lily Kate, which was just ok.

message 50: by Critterbee❇ (new)

Critterbee❇ (critterbee) | 248 comments Way to go, Sandy!

And quite an endorsement for Talia Hibbert. I bought A Girl Like Her after the podcast with her, but haven't read it as I only need an athlete, a bartender and a romcom to complete this challenge. I guess I have to just read it anyway, haha!

« previous 1