Start by marking “Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beard Science (Winston Brothers, #3)

Beard Science

(Winston Brothers #3)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  14,897 Ratings  ·  1,836 Reviews
NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, & USA TODAY bestselling series
Finalist: Goodreads Choice Awards, Best Romance 2016

Make a deal with the devil and you might get what you want, but will it be what you need?

Jennifer Sylvester wants one thing, and that one thing is NOT to be Tennessee’s reigning Banana Cake Queen. Ever the perpetual good girl and obedient daughter, Jen
ebook, 1st Edition, 384 pages
Published October 11th 2016 by Cipher-Naught

To ask other readers questions about Beard Science, please sign up.
Penny Reid I'm writing as fast as I can!!! I promise <3 :-)
Go re-read Beauty and the Mustache, and then maybe Nietzsche's collected works.
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Hating Game by Sally  ThorneUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataThe V Girl by Mya Robarts
Slow-burn romance
366 books — 857 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
537 books — 1,350 voters

More lists with this book...

Penny Reid
Oct 07, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

We are currently having a Beard Science it Reid-Along in our Facebook group!! Come join the shenanigans as we discuss chapters, give away prizes, and ask Penny questions about the book. You can join the fun here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/20814...

**AUDIO**
Amazon*Audible*iTunes

**EBOOKS**
Amazon US* Amazon UK* Amazon AU*Amazon CA *iBooks*Kobo*Nook*Google Play
Christy
Oct 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!!

description

From the moment I read the first book in the Winston Brothers series, I knew Cletus Winston was the brother I wanted most to read about. There was something about Cletus, and honestly, I thought Penny would make his book last since so many of us wanted it. I’m thankful that the wait wasn’t too long and his book was third in the series. Beard Science was a fantastic addition to this series, just like I knew it would be.

We all know about Cletus Winston. He’s the sneaky brother. The one
Bibi
 photo 44252284-fa5d-4a5e-aaa4-794da37abc8e_zpsmgwwltcq.jpg..O Cletus, Cletus...you are the man. Yep, Yep, I lurve me some Cletus.

Can Penny be more on point? You know you're in the presence of a comedic genius when you read a book that makes you snort-laugh so hard you spit coffee at your e-reader. At. Every. Second. Page.

I was captivated by this book. It oozed with witty and intelligent dialogue. I have never aspired to write novels but if Penny Reid taught writing, I'd enroll in that class. Purely to learn how to write such scintillating dialogue.

T
Wendy'sThoughts
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans,Winston Brothers, Romance
5 Cletus, Winston Brothers, Reid Magical Stars
* * * * * SPOILER FREE
I have recently come to the realization that writers have access to another skill other than putting words together on a page and telling a story. Some are more attuned to this skill than others but all do it....and when it is done at its highest level....it is something that cannot be denied....It is the ability to create magic! And one of the most proficient and artful users of this skill is Penny Reid.

Penny Reid takes her r
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 leprosy stars!

“ You’ll know one day, Cletus. You’ll discover what it’s like to find the other part of yourself. You’ll know it’s her, only her, always her. Maybe not right away, but eventually you’ll know. She’ll be your beginning, middle and end. And your intentions won’t matter. Love brings its own intentions, and all other plans, hopes and dreams fade to insignificance in the face of love.”

So let me start off with why I am the worst Penny Reid fan ever. I’ve read all but one of her bo
Jenny - Book Sojourner
5+ STARS

'Beard Science' was quite simply... AMAZING! To say that I had high hopes for Cletus's book would be an understatement. My anticipation level was off the charts. And Penny Reid NAILED it! Cletus and Jennifer's story rocked my socks off. I can't imagine this story going any other way. I absolutely fell in love with Cletus and Jennifer. Well, I was already in love with Cletus, but mostly as a quirky sidekick who would always keep me on my toes. But Cletus in love brings it all to a whole n
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **just perfect** STARS

“You’ll know one day, Cletus. You’ll discover what it’s like to find the other part of yourself. You’ll know it’s her, only her, always her. Maybe not right away, but eventually you’ll know. She’ll be your beginning, middle, and end. And your intentions won’t matter. Love brings its own intentions, and all other plans, hopes, and dreams fade to insignificance in the face of love.”

There really is no excuse for how late I am to write and post this review. I went through
L.H. Cosway
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 wonderful, heart-warming and hilarious stars!!!

description

Beard Science is just about as delicious as this picture. Maybe even more delicious. Yes, definitely more delicious. Okay, I'll stop saying delicious now because I'm probably starting to creep you out.

I loved this book with all my heart. Cletus and Jennifer were real and lovely and infuriating and funny and passionate and strong. I basically just want to live in a world made up completely of Penny Reid characters. You should read this book if you
Manju
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this one remains as hilarious as it was the first time I read it.

these books are so predictable and yet i am in so love with them. I know they'll meet, they'll fight, and they'll fall in love before reaching that happily ever after. But its the situations, and the dialogues, and the "oh so lovely!" writing that make this book so good. I don't think i will get over this Cletus Winston and his lady love.

P.S: I just love how Penny Reid quotes different authors at the start of the every chapter. t
XxTainaxX
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars. I've got a healthy respect for devious and clever minds and Cletus definitely encompasses a good dose of both. I found myself quite entertained by his antics and how intricate they are. He has this way of looking at the world that is so unique. His personality and voice as a character is very distinct. I give props to the author for making him real to me. Not perfect by a long shot, but very human: flaws and merits alike. Jennifer was special in her own right. At first, I wasn't sure ...more
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

But then he looked at me. Just simply looked. And I blinked my surprise. The many different “Cletuses” fell away. No artifice, no mind games, no jokes, no walls—it was just the man. The raw truth of him—of his soul—was beautiful. It was precious to me.

photo teaser02_zpsacftqk0p.jpg

FINALLY! I had the chance to get back to this book and finish it! While I must admit, I found this story to be a bit too long and if it had been trimmed down a little, I would have given it a p
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcoms
Lurved! And now I'm caught up and ready to review any upcoming releases in this series! :)
Review for this baby on the blog HERE
Also, I can't get over the teaser Nancy made for this one. Just look at him, I can't even.
I might be asking my hubs to grow a beard. lol

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram

Dee Montoya
FIVE STARS******* (are not enough)

(ARC kindly provided by author)

The word that comes to mind to describe this book is: SENSATIONAL!!!!

Beard Science made me wanna laugh, cry, dance, and eat insane amounts of chocolate. Cletus was complex and romantic and Jennifer was so sweet and endearing. Their story was an explosion of awesome; anything and everything amazing you can think of, this book had it. I think Penny Reid writes books with the sole purpose of making people happy, and for me it is alway
Jen
ALL The Stars

The Banana Cake Queen has just over a million followers on Instagram. Jennifer Sylvester has zero.

Penny Reid has done it again! I absolutely adored everything about this book. So much so that the second I finished it, I started reading it all over again. Ms Reid has an almost lyrical quality to her writing that I've yet to experience with any other author and it goes without saying I'm absolutely hooked.

“You’ll always have the advantage of me, Jenn. Because I’m lost without you
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Rachel Reads Ravenously
“Bullshit was the adult version of Santa Claus.
For reasons I'll never comprehend, the general population seemed to enjoy wallowing, spouting, and believing in bullshit.”

... Thank you, Cletus, for being the first male-lead created by Penny Reid... who is just my kind of infuriating, judgemental, sassy, adorable asshole, you shit-eating-grin provider extraordinaire. FI-NA-LLY.

| EARLY THOUGHTS |

Wow. Beard Science is the 4th book I read from her. I one-starred the first three. Not because I felt
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
5 Penile Engorgement Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Every now and then you get a book in your hands that surprises the hell out of you. This was the case with Penny Reid's Beard Science. My friend Christie raved about the last one so I really wanted to see what the fuss is all about. Now let me tell you, this was my first Penny Reid book but it definitely won't be my last and I really need to catch up with this author's other books. This story can be read as a standalone but trust me whe
Sabrina
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

I loved Cletus from the very first book in this series so I was just about dying to get my hands on his own book. And he was amazing just like I knew he would be. He's just so awkward that it's adorable and you can't help but want more of him. I really liked learning more about him and getting to see his diabolical side as he blackmailed and tricked people into doing what he wanted.

Jennifer was honestly only okay for me. I liked her character most of the time, but there were many times that I g
Claire Contreras
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this at 2am.

Two words: CLETUS. WINSTON.

I'll be back with my favorite highlights, but as usual Penny delivers a witty, smart, lovely story that I'll be smiling about for days and definitely re-reading in the future.
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
Cletus, my love!

Loved your devious and vengeful mind. Smart guys are a definite turn on for me. Smart guys that are devious and creative in their vengefulness are even more of a turn on.

There are a handful of main characters that manage now and then to be unique. Not only in their backgrounds etc., but also in their demeanor, thought, speech and most important their quirks. A character that fascinates. Beyond the cliche. An individual that has unique little habits and mannerisms. Cletus was al
Elodie
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-hero
I don't think I have enough words to express how damn perfect this book was. As expected. Cletus is truly memorable!

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Beard Science
Series: Winston Brothers #3
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: October 11, 2016
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

By now everyone knows how obsessed I am with Penny Reid's books. You're probably sick of hearing me talk about all of the books I've read and loved. So it will not come as much of a surprise that I fell hard for her latest addition to the Winston series. Going in, I will admit that though I was looking forward to reading this, I wasn't quite as excit
Dali
You just can't find writing like Penny Reid's elsewhere. It's Penny Reid or bust!
“I loved her both rationally and irrationally. And I wanted her with a ferocity that had kept me awake at night and tortured during the day.”

Jennifer Sylvester detests being the Banana Cake Queen. Perhaps detests is a too strong word for the sweet Jenn. Regardless, she knows she wants is a husband of her own choosing who’ll respect her and give her a big family. An impossible goal as long as she continues to be
Aisling Zena
5+ stars

I don't think that this needs a review. It's Penny Reid and it's about Cletus. Enough said. Re-reading straight away.

Prior to reading.
Paige
5 "Cletus" Stars

The BEST! Penny, you evil genius. Giving us exactly what we didn't know we needed. I loved it all. Every word. Cletus and Jen were perfect for each other, for the story and for this series. As excited for this book as I have been since the first in the series was published, Penny outdid herself and made it more than I could have imagined.

Cletus is the "brains" and the "odd one" of the Winston family. Most people view him as the harmless eccentric of the bunch. But "the Banana Qu
Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston
cletusteaserbeardscience
There are a few things you should know about Cletus Winston.

1. Cletus isn't what he appears to be.
2. Cletus has a severe dislike of bullies.
3. Cletus likes to tinker--with cars and with people.
4. Cletus is the second most dangerous man in Green Valley.

If you thought Cletus Winston was sweet, stupid and benign, then congratulations, you bought into what he was trying to sell you.

But Jennifer Sylvester knows the truth. She knows Cletus for the judgmental, vindictive and clever devil he is. He's t
BookLover
I know this is only the third book in the series but I just feel like Cletus is, and will continue to be, my favourite Winston Brother. In Duane and Jethro’s books, Winston added humour and pragmatism. I couldn’t wait to get to know his match, Jennifer Sylvester.

I loved the dual points of view in this story. The story flowed perfectly between Cletus and Jennifer, while giving me insight into both characters, allowing me to bond with them individually and root for them to become a couple.

Beard S
Beverly
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I think there is something so incredibly special about Penny Reid’s writing if you have never read one of her books you must! This series set in the mountains of Tennessee is a favorite for me. The Winston family is just as unique and special as Penny herself.

Beard Science is Cletus’s story and from the moment we entered his head I was hooked. Cletus is a sneaky mastermind, a man who observes everyone and silently gets revenge, but he isn’t evil. Cletus is the opposite he fights for what’s right
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
***5 Captivating Stars!***

I always start a Penny Reid book like this:

description

I love PR books. They are simply delightful! Like a nice warm apple pie with a dollop of whipped cream. You can't rush through these books. You have to take your time. Absorb the meaning between the lines and savor every word that comes out these characters mouths. Whenever I read a PR book I almost always come away with a feeling of indulgence and satisfaction.

The Winston Brothers has become one of my favorite series to date.
FMABookReviews

bspr
❝You’re my beginning, middle and end.❞

I'm writing this review in the car while my 15-year-old son is driving me back from visiting my daughter at her university. If you have ever had a teenage driver you know this is an exciting time, one of change and of new beginnings. It is also terrifying. Change is hard, change is frightening. But change is good. And sometimes change is necessary.
❝I felt hushed. I felt smothered. I felt suppressed and … ignored. Not just by my parents and their expe
Stacey is Sassy
description

Not realising you needed a tribe until you have one.

I went out for drinks last night with friends. We talked about life, food and surprisingly enough…beards. See, one of the ladies has a son who had just returned from a trip with a full beard. Quite frankly, she was horrified. As a beard fan, I felt it was my duty to explain the appeal and also try to convince her that her son was actually really cool. I think her eyes just about popped out of her head when I told her that all the cool kids (I m
Gentlemans Beard Club 1 21 Nov 09, 2017 03:57AM
New Adult Book Club: Penny Reid Signed paperback Giveaway plus Swag!! ~ CLOSED! 58 172 Jul 23, 2017 12:50AM
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Keepsake (True North, #3)
  • The Time in Between (Magdalene, #3)
  • Bright Midnight
  • Roman Crazy
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Fathomless
  • How to Marry an Idiot (Friend-Zoned, #4)
  • The Thing About Love
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • Max (Cold Fury Hockey, #6)
  • Someone like You (Oxford, #3)
  • Madly (New York, #2)
  • The One Real Thing (Hart's Boardwalk, #1)
  • Downed (Gridiron, #3)
  • Honor (The Breaking Point, #1)
  • Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3)
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Winston Brothers (6 books)
  • Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers, #1)
  • Grin and Beard It (Winston Brothers, #2)
  • Beard in Mind (Winston Brothers, #4)
  • Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers, #5)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #6)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
“Stay away from the normals, the small-minded people who fill their brains with small-minded pursuits, who blend in and keep up with the Joneses. Those people will tear you down and make you boring. Instead, surround yourself with the weirds. With the misfits, oddballs, and outcasts. Because the normals, bless their hearts, have no idea how to have fun.” ***” 107 likes
“I changed my mind.”

“You changed—”

“My. Mind.” I stopped short and faced him, placing my hands on my hips. “It’s like underpants, Jethro.”

“Dirty and dark?” He smirked.

“No.” I scowled at his facial expression. “A mind is like underpants because people change them all the time.”

“But you don’t.”

“I do change my underpants all the time, Jethro. And, for the record, I think it’s mighty rude of you to assume I don’t.”

He almost rolled his eyes, but caught the urge. “I meant your mind, Cletus. You don’t change your mind.”
24 likes