Start by marking “Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)

Rock Chick Revenge

(Rock Chick #5)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  31,984 ratings  ·  1,840 reviews
Ava hates men, she has reason and she’s vowed not only never to get involved with another one again but also to exact vengeance on her best friend’s, lying, cheating husband. Since Luke, Ava’s childhood crush, is now a private investigator, she thinks to enlist him but changes her mind at the last second.

Too late, Luke knows she’s up to something and he’s already seen many
Published April 24th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Rock Chick Revenge, please sign up.
Tya Irviani She's fond of rock music that's why she's called rock chick. In fact, all these chicks are fond of rock music even though music doesn't have really im…moreShe's fond of rock music that's why she's called rock chick. In fact, all these chicks are fond of rock music even though music doesn't have really important part in this series (except for book 6). If you haven't read this series, this book better be read in order.(less)

·  31,984 ratings  ·  1,840 reviews

Start your review of Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick, #5)
Stacey is Sassy
I don't think I'd ever change my mind about Luke...

Nothing new, still love it. Do you think it's strange that Ava was upset that Luke dragged her off in a fireman's hold? I do. If someone wanted to cart me around as a show of possessiveness and need, well, let's just say I wouldn't be complaining. Mind you, I think it would probably hurt a little considering the muscles he's packing. Still, I'd suffer...lordy, how I'd suffer.

**********

To infinity and beyond stars...

It's still bloody brilliant.
Christy
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 ‘I need cookies’ stars!!!

photo df45b033-81c3-4a74-9c41-ffb1aa153512_zps6e6dfa7c.jpg

OMG I love me some LUKE STARK!!! Okay... now thats out of the way, on to the review!

Ava Barlow is a changed woman. After being a little overweight, wearing glasses, and having mousy brown hair most of her life, she has decided to make a change. Five years ago, she saw the man she has always had feelings for, Luke Stark, at a funeral. After some crude comments from her nasty sisters, she vowed she wouldn’t see him until she transformed herself. And thats exactly wh
Blacky *Romance Addict*

“Get this into your head Ava, I’m not gonna do anything to fuck it up between us but I’m also not gonna let YOU do anything to fuck it up either.”

Luke

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Btw, that quote is basically the definition of this book :D

Ava constantly tries to get out of it, while Luke does everything he can to stop her :D

Anyway, she is great and funny, loved her "Bad Ava" and "Good Ava"

Luke is the bestest of them for me <3 No wonder this is my favorite RC book :))

“Jesus Christ,” he muttered to the ceiling. “All those tim
Aestas Book Blog
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
*squeeeee* I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! What a winner!!

This is tied with books 1&4 for fav in the series so far! It had me laughing out loud, squeeing (out loud), tearing up, grinning for pages on end and fanning myself from the hotness (seriously, KA sure knows how to write make up sex!). PURE WIN!!!

"I'm not lettin' you go. I'm not lettin' you push me away and I'm not giving up. I'm gonna keep working until I piece together what [they] stole from you. I'm gonna keep at you until you let me in. I'm no
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Re-read Review - August 28-29, 2013.

I've had trouble picking my "favorite" Hot Bunch hero, but after my re-read of the first 5 books, I can say, without a doubt, that Luke is the one. Of all the men so far, he's the most similar to the men of the Colorado Mountain series, and I adore them! Luke is super bad-ass Alpha - yes, with a capital A - and he's the most crude and outspoken and intensely sexual of them all. And that right there, my friends, is why I'm in love with him, and why he's numero
Jilly
Jan 14, 2016 rated it liked it
My favorite Rock Chick book since the first one. Why? I have loved Luke for many books now, for one reason. Secondly, I love the Rock Chick world and crazy characters. How can I not love a book that has this quote:
Tex shouted, "Jee-zus, huggin' and cryin' and badass motherfucker showdowns in livin' rooms and takin' a break from the action to have Sunday breakfast with your man's mother, what the fuck? We gonna take a side trip to the mall next or do we want to find this fuckin' guy?"

"Actually
Lady Heather
Apr 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: contemporary romance, Kristen Ashley books
Excellent re-read and just what I needed.
I still ended up crying for a better part of the last 30% of the book.
With Ava and her soul searching and Luke trying to convince her that he's one of the good guys and handling her with care. Luke being someone (the only one) she can show her soft spot and KNOW he'll protect it because he's considered her 'precious cargo' since he was 17.

Just and absolute YES for me for this book, and that's obvious because this was my 10th re-read of it. 😳
Baba
Jan 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Luke said to Ava:
"There are two kinds of women. The ones you go to bed with and the ones you wanna wake up with. Lots of the first, not many of the last. If a man's lucky, he'll find the last."

Wow, loved it! This was my very first taste of the Rock Chicks series and a friends-to-lovers story. My GR friends know that I'm not a reader who feels the urge to read a series in order. And Rock Chick Revenge can be read as a stand-alone. Unfortunately, Kristen Ashley's Play it Safe didn't work for me an
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Meet my Luke! YUM!

Reread on 9/11/13
I still feel exactly the same way I felt the first time I read this book, only I'm even more in love with Luke now!! Ava too, but let's be honest, none of us care about anything more than Luke here, lol!!! No Seriously!! I must say, this has been my favorite book of this series. I've read all of these once back in January except Ally's, and there just isn't a comparison to Lucas Stark. I love when alpha men are blunt, straight to the point, but sorta the lethal
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

“He isn't my man."
"Girl, it don't matter you don't think he is, he thinks he is. Therefore in Badass Motherfucker Land, that means he is.”

This is a book that truly surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. 26% in or so I thought the hero was a bit rapey, but then it got so so good and I ended up loving Luke.

Rock Chick Revenge is about former "fatty" (as she put in her own words) Ava who goes to an old friend Luke with a problem her best friend is having. Right away Luke is more than
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Romance
Series : - 5th in the series
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5++++

★Review★

This is by far my favourite of the series! I adore Luke and Love Ava. My most re read Rock Chick, if not KA book of all!

I love that they had a hi
Debra
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it

It's KA.

Need I say more?

I thought Vance was my favorite of the Hot Bunch alpha males, but then I met Luke Stark...

“Get this into your head Ava, I'm not gonna do anything to fuck this up between us but I'm also not gonna let you do anything to fuck it up either.”

Luke, you are

And Ava may try to fight it, but in the end it always comes down to this:

That
moonlight ☾
Oct 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

okay there was so much happening in this book and I honestly thought

description

which isn’t a bad thing because I was entertained throughout the whole book, but I also needed to take a breather a couple times (unlike the previous two KA books I’ve read where I binged both).

Luke (H):
➴ It’s unfair how KA knows how to write swoon worthy heroes I can’t help but fall for. As my third KA book, I can’t choose between Luke, Mitch and Tack as my favorite. 😭 with each hero I come across, there’s someth
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Re-read: 14.03.2017
I have no fucking clue as to why I suddenly started re-reading this book. Sure Ava Barlow (29) and Lucas Stark (33) are a cute couple, but this book is so far from my favorite, specially in this series... But Luke is hot. Very much so. Lee and Ren, too. Love them. The Rock Chicks though... I so do not get along with them. So why do I find myself coming fucking back all the fucking time :O!? I do understand that the Hot Bunch is worth is, but the girls? No so sure...
Robin (Bridge Four)
3.5 I need cookies Stars

Another KA buudy read with my girls at Buddies Books & Baubles

Vacillation that pretty much sums up my experience with this book. One minute I love Luke, the next I think he is a total over the top alpha jerk. One minute I love Ava and the next I’m shaking my head at her naiveté and methods of coping. But just as soon as either one of those thing happen I flip again any I’m totally on team Luke or Ava and I want them to get it figured out sooner rather than later.

But the
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one is my favorite of the series! I love Luke, love Ava, and I laugh my butt off through the whole damn thing!

Re-Read January 2016 Still tied as one of my favorite of the series. Still makes me laugh my ass off! I want Luke all to myself...sigh.

Re-Read September 13th, 2018 -- I've been re-reading this one in between my ARCs, and it is still my favorite of the series. I swear I pee my pants laughing EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I read it. I really want to be Uncle Vito's euchre partner!

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Catarina
5 Cookie Stars!!

Ava didn’t always look like she has now. She was a little chubby, wore glasses and had two bitchy older sisters that made her believe that she was ugly and nobody would ever want her.
So, even having a crush for Luke since she was 8 years old, she didn't think we would ever look at her, so she promised herself that she would never see him again until she was in her perfect form.
But in the meanwhile she had bad luck with guys and she also promised that she would never tangle hers
bella farren
reread:
05/05/17
7/11/17
17/05/18

"And remember that time you sold a bag of oregano to Mitch and Josh Burk, telling them it was pot?"

"We needed money. There was a kiss tribute show coming up. They never figured it out, said it was the best weed they'd ever had."

3/5 stars

edit 21/03/17: I originally rated this book 3.5 stars but after reading four of the other books in this series I've had to bring this rating down. The main characters in this story did not live up to the standard I think this seri
Shawna
4 stars – Chick lit/Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

If I rated this based on the heroine it would get 1 star because Ava topped the annoying b*tchometer until around the 65% mark and even after that was still ungrateful and somewhat irritating. Without a doubt, yummalicious, handcuff wielding, uber alpha badass Luke Stark made and saved this book.

Photobucket

‘Nough said.

Peace Out and Rock On!

*****Edited from original rating/review*****

I bumped this from a somewhat lackluster 4 stars to a stronger
Kristen
3 to 3 1/2 stars

I liked this book more than I thought I would and eventually fell in love with Luke and Ava's romance. However, the climax chapter right before the ending was flat-out ridiculous, dropping the rating down for me. There is no doubt this series is hit and miss for me. That being said, one thing is for certain, Kristen Ashley is one fabulous storyteller.

If you're already a Kristen Ashley addict, or interested in checking out her books, be sure to stop by our Kristen Ashley Addict's
Choko
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
*** 4 ***

A buddy read with the KA addicts from BB&B

I love this series. Is it perfect - faaaaar from it, if you judge it by the typical literary parameters. It is flawed, the characters are flawed, the interactions between them are flawed, everything is flawed!!! There are so many things wrong with the way the bossy alpha males treat their insecure but still strong and fighting rock-and-roll loving women, that sometimes I ask myself what the heck am I reading and why do I keep on doing it... T
Emily
One life altering moment has Ava vowing that the next time she sets eyes on childhood friend Luke, he will see a different movement. See Ava although always beautiful,struggled with her weight and after overhearing some vicious comments about her and Luke she vowed that never again would it be embarrassing to be seen together. Now Luke, never cared how Ava looked, he thought she was beautiful inside and out.

Eight years later Ava has sought out Luke, who she heard was a private investigator need
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Even though I have read this book more than once, I just love it. Love Ava. Really love Luke. Love the Rock Chicks and the Hot Bunch. Can't get enough of them.

Luke and Ava both deserve love and happiness. They were neighbors as kids and Ava always had a crush on Luke. After many years of being off on their own, they come together and Luke decides to quit messing around. Ava fights it (of course) but he's an alpha male so no really doesn't mean anything to him.

I just love these two together.
Jamie
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok.. done with my 3rd re-read of this one and still LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Luke!!!

Luke...

Nikki
Recently re-read this and YIKES! Totally loved it better the second go round - so much that I amped up my rating from a straight 4 stars to 4.5 with a lean more towards 5 (in GR standards).

Ava was much more easier to understand this go round. And I had TOTALLY forgotten about all of the amazing and awesome shit that happens in this story. Crazy exciting.

4.5 stars.

The Rock Chick series has proven itself as a bunch of cute and fun stories with hot alpha heroes and sassy heroines but I do feel
~ Becs ~
Been waiting a while to get to Luke’s story and his Rock Chick as I have a little crush on him.

His Rock Chick is Ava. They grew up across the street from each other and she has been in love with him since she was 8. Ava grew up as an ugly duckling with 2 older and, at least in her mind, more beautiful sisters. Ava considers herself fat and wears thick glasses due to bad eyesight. Her sisters’ beauty only runs skin deep, however, as they cruel to Ava and makes her feel bad about herself the whole
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
If you've read previous Rock Chick books, then you know what you are getting into with this one.

I'm still loving the series but I gotta admit, listening to these books back to back is making me less and less tolerant of the heroine's constant resistance to these hunky men. I love a good man chase woman story and this definitely provides it. I just think the women resisting goes on too long. less is more.

I really wanted to like Ava but she argued with Luke constantly. It got old. Real fast. It
Tina "IRead2Escape"
That's it! Stop the presses (I've always wanted to say that) I have found my favorite Rock Chick book. Of course, this could change by the time I read the next one and I am sure I will declare my love in a similarly dramatic way, but Luke and Ava have my loyalty thus far.

Ava Barlow has sworn off men. I mean let's face it, if there is a lying, cheating, no good man in the vicinity she'll find him. Even her own father left and he was the one ally she had in her home. There is only one man that ha
Searock
Jan 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked it. I can't believe how much I liked this fun, sexy, fluffy bit o' goodness.

All of my issues about this series are still in play here, but were more palatable to me in this 5th installment. Its a good book full of young, goofy language and jam-packed with characters, tons of unfolding action and a little angsty goodness to boot. With the peccadilloes not poking me in the eye so much, I was able to enjoy the heck outta this story.

I could pick apart some things that irritated me ab
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jerks, favorites, lol
5 THOUSAND MILLION STARS!!!!!

Me: This book is my favorite!
Hubs: I thought the last Rocker Chick book was your favorite.
Me: No! It's this one!

LOL!!! They just keep getting better, and I just love all of them!

My Luke:

My Ava:

good eyebrows dianna

I discovered something new about KA that I love (the list just gets longer and longer). Her books make feel like I'm THE SHIT!!! I just feel so awesome after reading her books, like I could conquer the world, which is perfect right now because I'm 8 months pregnant, and I defi
Turning Pages At ...: Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #5) by Kristen Ashely 10 15 Mar 28, 2020 10:02PM
Books like the rock chick series? 14 1407 Jan 19, 2016 03:34PM
Alpha male with resisting female lead 9 111 Dec 27, 2015 12:17PM
Turning Pages At ...: Rock Chicks Revenge (Rock Chicks #5) 27 38 Dec 05, 2015 09:35AM
Luke and Ava - Rock Chicks... Kristen Ashley 7 200 Mar 03, 2014 12:32AM

• Gioco d'amore
  • Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2)
  • Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1)
  • Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC, #4)
  • Decker's Wood (Kink Harder Presents #1)
  • Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3)
  • Between Us (Mackenzie and Austin, #1)
  • Axel (Corps Security, #1)
  • Ti odio con tutto l'amore che ho
  • One more chance
  • Infringed Violato
  • Hot Wedding
  • Il principe del vento (Angeli caduti Vol. 4)
  • Una mummia nell’armadio
  • Down on love: A qualunque prezzo
  • Adesso è perfetto
  • Tristan - Travolto dal tornado (#theKanebrothersseries, #2)
Kristen Ashley was born in Gary, Indiana, USA. She nearly killed her mother and herself making it into the world, seeing as she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck (already attempting to accessorise and she hadn't taken her first breath!).

Kristen grew up in Brownsburg, Indiana but has lived in Denver, Colorado and the West Country of England. Thus she has been blessed to have friends a

Rock Chick (9 books)
  • Rock Chick (Rock Chick, #1)
  • Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2)
  • Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3)
  • Rock Chick Renegade (Rock Chick, #4)
  • Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick, #6)
  • Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7)
  • Rock Chick Revolution (Rock Chick, #8)
  • Rock Chick Reborn (Rock Chick, #9)