YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Espresso (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ✨Skye✨ (last edited Jan 05, 2018 04:20AM) (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Please check in here :)
Hannah
Haley
Abby
Skye
Susan
Carolyn
Kaleigh
Courtney

message 2: by ✨Skye✨ (last edited Jan 02, 2018 04:53AM) (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi guys! I should already have 2 reviews to post by the end of today.

Here are my buddy read plans if anyone wants to participate:
1st: Snapshot by Brandon Sanderson
6th: Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
10th: Because You Love to Hate Me 13 Tales of Villainy by Ameriie
15th: Through the Shattered Looking Glass by M.L. Crane
20th: And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1) by Kiersten White
25th: Artemis by Andy Weir

Also considering reading these if anyone wants to start a buddy read:
The Power by Naomi Alderman The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton The Wicked Cometh by Laura Carlin The Sea Beast Takes a Lover Stories by Michael Andreasen The Melody of You and Me (Lillac Town, #1) by M. Hollis The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

Or anything off my '2018 to read' shelf :)

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Hi!

message 4: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi Abby :)

message 5: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Hey. I guess I'll post my review for Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them now. Finished it this morning. I'm starting Renegades today.

message 6: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Carolyn wrote: "Hey. I guess I'll post my review for Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them now. Finished it this morning. I'm starting Renegades today."

Good luck with Renegades! I ended up really enjoying it.

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Which of Meyer's books was the best?

message 8: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Carolyn wrote: "Which of Meyer's books was the best?"

I think the Lunar Chronicles are still my favourite, specifically Winter, but Renegades comes a close second. I wasn't a fan of Heartless unfortunately :(

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "Which of Meyer's books was the best?"

I agree with Skye! Definitely the Lunar Chronicles.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments Checking in!

message 11: by Kaleigh (new)

Kaleigh (kaxeigh) | 27 comments Hello!

message 12: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi Hannah and Kaleigh :)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5796 comments Hello!

Courtney (thebookalien) (courtneythebookalien) | 25 comments Hey everyone!

message 15: by Haley (new)

Haley (haleymadd) | 1410 comments Hello!

message 16: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Hi everyone :) Just one more person to check in now! We're also in first place for this challenges' first points check in :)

message 17: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Let's keep up the good work! :)

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I'm here, sorry I was late

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments @Skye-I would love to buddy read The Hating Game by Sally Thorne with you

message 20: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Brilliant, we have a full team :) Pick a date Susan and I'll make it work :)

message 21: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm still working on Renegades.

message 22: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I am doing some reading, but I'm going to be a little slow this next week as I have an exam and an essay I need to write. After next Friday though, I should be able to speed up a little.

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Today, I'm mostly devoting my time to reading.

message 24: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I finished Renegades yesterday! I'll post my review about maybe either Friday or Saturday. I should also have at least 2 other books done by then.

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments Skye wrote: "Brilliant, we have a full team :) Pick a date Susan and I'll make it work :)"

I can start it anytime you want. I will finish the book I am on tonight so I will be free tomorrow but if that is to soon then anytime is great

message 26: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "I finished Renegades yesterday! I'll post my review about maybe either Friday or Saturday. I should also have at least 2 other books done by then."

Was Renegades good? I love Marissa Meyer.

message 27: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Renegades was amazing! I finished Grendel's Guide to Love and War. Starting This Is Where It Ends.

message 28: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Why are we missing so many members?

message 29: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Do you want to start maybe the 21st Susan?
All of our team have checked in, but some haven't posted reviews yet, Carolyn said she is planning to within the next couple days. If we don't hear from the others soon I'll let Sarah know :)

message 30: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments I've just found a recent post from Sarah saying if those who have checked in haven't posted a review by halfway, she'll message them :)

message 31: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I should another review maybe Monday.

message 32: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84057 comments Mod
Hello Team Espresso ☺ Just wanted to let you know that I have messaged Haley, Susan, and Courtney to check in with them as we are 2 weeks into the challenge and they haven't posted reviews yet. Just wanted to let you know what was going on ☺

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 2376 comments I thought I had posted my reviews. I wonder where I posted them if it wasn't here??? So weird. I posted my 2 reviews so far.I should have another one by tomorrow.

message 34: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Currently in the middle of 4 buddy reads (!!) all of which are pretty heavy books, so I might not have another review for a couple days after a pretty good stretch for me :) We shall see how far I can push myself however!

message 35: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Skye wrote: "Currently in the middle of 4 buddy reads (!!) all of which are pretty heavy books, so I might not have another review for a couple days after a pretty good stretch for me :) We shall see how far I ..."

I'm in the same boat. About 50% through 3 different books right now!

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I have finished one book and starting a new one. I should post at least two reviews Thursday night. Going to get 3 reviews by Thursday night.

message 37: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hi Team Espresso, just wanted to let you know that Courtney replied to my message to say that she was waiting to post her reviews, so we may just have to wait a bit longer to see if she does post them. Haley hasn't replied, so I'm guessing that she won't be participating. I will look into finding a replacement team member for you ☺

message 38: by Abby (last edited Jan 20, 2018 09:11AM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi Team Espresso, just wanted to let you know that Courtney replied to my message to say that she was waiting to post her reviews, so we may just have to wait a bit longer to see if she does post t..."

I'm on another team challenge with Haley and she's MIA there as well. I think it's safe to assume she's gone.

message 39: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Thanks Sarah :)

message 40: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Hello Team Espresso, I am adding Temitayomiyoshiseun to your team ☺

message 41: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Sarah wrote: "Hello Team Espresso, I am adding Temitayomiyoshiseun to your team ☺"

Yay!

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 14 comments Thank you Hello everyone!!!

Temitayomiyoshiseun Jemison | 14 comments Can anyone catch me up to speed?

message 44: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Temitayomiyoshiseun wrote: "Can anyone catch me up to speed?"

Welcome! Here's the link to the categories we're reading for this month: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
You can use any book you've read within the month of January and post in the review thread.

message 45: by ✨Skye✨ (new)

✨Skye✨ | 3163 comments Just finished my final book of the month and posted my review after reading maybe 500 pages today to finish them! Quite proud that I managed to do it and read 12 books in total this month, which is more than I've read in years :) Well done team!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.