Start by marking “Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)” as Want to Read:
Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)

Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle #2)

4.6  ·  Rating details ·  7,190 Ratings  ·  1,573 Reviews
A ruthless young assassin continues her journey for revenge in this new epic fantasy from New York Times bestselling author Jay Kristoff.

Assassin Mia Corvere has found her place among the Blades of Our Lady of Blessed Murder, but many in the Red Church ministry think she’s far from earned it. Plying her bloody trade in a backwater of the Republic, she’s no closer to ending
Published September 5th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Godsgrave, please sign up.
Zoey River As you probably already know, it's coming out September 5th :D
I CAN'T WAIT!
Zoey River Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with…more
Haha, I get what you mean ;)
Some people actually offered their souls for Nevernight last year '^^
It's going to be even more hectic this year with Godsgrave. (less)

Em
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

It's been over a month since I read this book and you see, the trouble with writing this review is that it literally always seems easier to just lie facedown on the floor and make inarticulate noises (most of this review could actually be replaced with crying baby noises without huge loss of meaning tbh)

Listen. I am a HUGE fan of Jay Kristoff but he needs to go to jail for something. I don’t care what. just like, crimes. I mean why doesn’t he pick on someone his own size?? I genuinely believe th
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
Inside the BN special edition. Beautiful pictures and some deleted scenes at the end.

The girl reached out to the shadows beneath the wagon, gathering them up like a seamstress pulling thread. It was so bright out here, so different from the belly of the Quiet Mountain. But ever so slowly, she stitched the shadows together, weaving them into a cloak. And beneath it, she became little more than a smudge, like a greasy fingerprint on a portrait of the world.

Oh Mia, I still love you and your bada
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cover-love, owned
Please excuse my colourful language.....

But to quote our dear little Mia:
What the "shit cock twat fucking fuckitall", man!?

Mister Kristoff, you are a cruel, brilliant man.

Review copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review.
Melanie
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Melanie by: Em

1.) Nevernight ★★★★★

“The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”

Well, I’m not entirely sure how I’m supposed to function while lying in wait for the third and final book in this series. That last chapter made me feel things that very few books are able to evoke from me. I honestly am not sure how I could possibly string together words to let you guys know how much I loved this book, but I do suppose I should at least try.

Godsgrave picks up right after the eve
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
5 Stars
(And I'm being stingy with these this year, so this is a big deal, gentle friends.)

description

I originally marked this as 4+ stars.
But after further consideration of the following:

1) I read this book in ONE sitting because I was so spellbound.
And, 2) I re-read my review for book one and realized that ALL the things I said I couldn't stand about book one, I adored about book two...

I decided to say, fuck it, 5 stars for everyone, folks. And because good on you, Sir Kristoff.

He really is a creative
Elise (TheBookishActress)
I am..................................... how do you say............................. Shook
With so many insane plot reveals I had trouble keeping track, a really great slow burn romance, and the most excellent lead character, this book kind of killed my soul. It’s a sequel, so we’ll split this up into sections. Let’s talk!

→ theme work ←
Aaaaaah, this was so great. I think this book was more focused on the fact that every single person is the hero of their own story. In the first half, I was thi
Warda
Oct 06, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
So like I accidentally read the last WORD of GODSGRAVE as I was checking the page count AND I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!

amy
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ladies and gentlefriends, let me introduce you to the cause i now feel like a dead lump living inside a human shell that is incapable of feeling anything else but endless despair and suffering: GODSGRAVE, or, as i call it [incoherent mumbling about how everything was easier before i read this book]

(apologies in advance for the absolute mess that is this review, but what i'm feeling towards this book can only be described as 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' and i have no
Maram
I don’t know where to begin with this review???
I mean I think i’ve already mentioned everything I needed to say in my review of Nevernight

Either way, to recap and reciprocate the points I mentioned in Nevernight’s review, Godsgrave had even more witty banters. more blood. more pain. lots of angst. plentiful twists. the suspense could give you a clean kill, and even more traumatic than its prequel.

description

Tbh the moment I was done with this book, I almost gave into my weak mind telling me I was wrong to
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“When you take a person out of the world, you don't just take them, do you?
You take everything they were, too.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A short summary of what happens in the book:
Sex and murder (yes, at the same time), fight, train, Gladiatii, kill, fight, train, murder, sex, intrigues, fight, murder, surprise, kill, fight and brutal plot twists.
That left me like this:

Whereas the first book was concentrated in the school for killing (that’s my personal name for it...) this book played in the arenas of t
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more

Last year, NEVERNIGHT, the first book in Jay Kristoff's NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, was at the top of my Best Books of 2016 list. The writing was brilliant, the story and characters compelling, the world-building was fantastic . . . I was smitten.

So I was understandably excited about its sequel GODSGRAVE. *sighs*

BUT.

The story was still compelling, just not as compelling, the writing was likewise not as brilliant, and the old characters manifested new flaws while several of the new characters
sofia (sam willows)
this is not a simple book. it’s art.

FULL REVIEW NOW FINALLY POSTED

me? actually sitting down and writing a review? yes lads, it’s happening. and not for some bland ass book, but for my favorite book of ALL TIME, Godsgrave.

it’s been more than two months since I last finished this and oh boy, I’m still processing that ending. like holy shit, kristoff, did you really have to write and ending that’s the equivalent of burning my bookshelf, strangling me in my sleep, bringing me back to life, then st
Anne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Friends, Romans, and Countrymen
Shelves: fantasy, kindle

description

That's right, folks. We've transitioned from assassins to gladiators!
Now, some of you will (like me) love this, but some of you?
Ehhhhh. Maybe not so much...

description

Personally, I loved the way Kristoff mixed it up this time around. There was pseudo-Roman empire feel to the setting of the story in the first book, so (to me) this was a natural progression of that same story. But I can see how some might find the transition jarring
because my mind doesn't automatically translate ninja assassins i
bran (brandonthebookaddict)
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-books, arcs
F U C K. ME.

And I HATE you so much right now, Mr. Kristoff.

Literally GTFO.

* screams for days *

(I was going to do a review on my channel, but I'm waiting for the UK edition to arrive so I can show all of you how beautiful it is, so once I do, I'll leave a link to it down below.)

I think this book surpassed all of my expectations and brought them up to an all new high. It was so, so good. Again, Jay's writing was excellent, full of buttery prose and lyrical pieces. This time around though, I di
Delirious Disquisitions
You should read this if you like: murder, stabbings, multiple murder via stabbings, devious girls, assassins, Hogwarts School of Assassins, bisexual protagonists, sexy times, murder during sexy times, multiple plot twists, adrenaline rush that feels kind of like a heart attack, shadow cats, shadow wolves, way too much sarcasm, and more stabbings.

I’m going to preface this review with a little note about Jay Kristoff. I love him, I really do. He is one of my current favorite YA authors and on a
may ❀
Full review finally up after 16 years

Everytime I think about writing a review for this book my brain goes into full-fledged panic mode

so here’s my attempt

- So godsgrave takes place sometime after nevernights ending
- Mia is still out to get revenge for her familia by any means possible
- Note that in this book mia progresses to get even more bada*s, which yeah, I didn’t think was possible either
- There are more brutal deaths, more blood, more anguish, more deceit and betrayal and friendship and
Helen 2.0
Well, pierce my ears and call me drafty. I did not see that coming.
 ⚔ Sh3lly - Grumpy Name-Changing Wanderer ⚔
Update: The MacHalo Blog has a sweepstakes/giveaway for an ARC of Godsgrave with a couple bookish baubles. If you are interested, go here to enter. The giveaway ends October 31st at midnight Eastern time.

RELEASE DAY! September 5, 2017

Review also found at the Dust Off Your MacHalo blog.

Book two in The Nevernight Chronicles continues to follow Mia Corvere, darkin assassin, hell bent on revenging her family’s death by order of corrupt tyrannical politicians. While much of Nevernight took place at t
Emma
4.75 stars.

The wolf did not pity the lamb. The storm begged no forgiveness of the drowned.

It’s rare that a sequel manages to be equally as devastating as the first book. Nevernight was easily one of the best books I’ve read in the last year, but Godsgrave has managed to score a pretty high place up there as well.

I finished this book at 1am, and I genuinely couldn’t sleep because of how much those plot twists fucked me up. Naturally, I ended up making chocolate chip cookies alone in my kitchen
ambsreads
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Harper Voyager Australia sent me a review copy in exchange for my honest thoughts. All thoughts are my own

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO GODSGRAVE IN AUSTRALIA. Y'ALL NEED THIS SERIES IN YOUR LIFE

This review (and others) is also featured on my blog in much better formatting.

WARNING THIS WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR BOOK ONE, NEVERNIGHT. HOWEVER, THIS REVIEW WILL HAVE NO SPOILERS FOR GODSGRAVE.

R A M B L E

I loved Nevernight. I’ve made that pretty clear since I read it. I also love Assassin’s and murder, someth
Caitlin
3.5 stars!

This book is a tough one to rate. I was super hyped for it but I spent about 300 pages of it really bored and confused because it was super dense. I just don't think I have a grasp as to what the fuck was happening the entire time which definitely frustrated me.

I went in with the expectation that I would either super love it or really hate it and I'm kinda in the middle. I'm not sure how to feel about it.

I. Need. Tric.
Christian
"Dark delight in her belly.
Warm blood on her hands.
Mia closed her eyes.
Raised her blade.
'O, Mother, blackest Mother, what have I become?'"

Back when I wrote down some of my thoughts on Nevernight, my conclusion was that while I thoroughly enjoyed it, there was still a bit of... room for more. More blood, more revenge, more cruelty.

Well, something listened.

You know how second books in trilogies are often described to suffer from a "second-book-syndrome"? Godsgrave does not. In a way, it almost fe
Anniebananie
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NEEEEEEIN! Warum bist du denn schon zu Ende?! Und warum hast du den fiesesten Cliffhanger seit es Cliffhanger gibt?! 😱😱😱
Wie nicht anders zu erwarten hat mich der zweite Teil genauso sehr begeistern können wie der erste und hatte zum Glück nicht mit typischen "zweiter Teil einer Trilogie Problemen" zu kämpfen.
Die Welt und die Story sind einfach so gut durchdacht und inszeniert, dafür muss man Jay Kristoff echt Respekt zollen!
Mia finde ich nach wie vor klasse, da sie einfach keine typische Protago
Beatrice (beatriceinbookland)
*I received a copy from the publishing house in exchange for an honest review*

"This is not where I die.
I’ve far too much killing to do."

1) Nevernight ★★★★★

THE PLOT

"Why is everyone still acting like this is a fucking game?"

I’ll try to keep it simple to avoid spoilers. In the first part of the book we follow Mia in two different adventures.
In the “present” chapters she willingly gets captured by slavers to inflitrate a gladiatorial collegium. Yes, you’ve read that right, GLADIATORS.
In the “four mo
Deborah Obida

DNF @ 20%

Am giving this series and author another chance, if I disliked this the way I did the first book then I'll know for sure that this series/author is not for me.

The narrator is doing such a horrible job,not to mention also slow. 2hrs50mins for just 86 pages, I think am going to read this myself and ditch the audiobook.

Apparently I couldn't do it, I just don't care enough about Mia to finish this, she will either finish the mission or just have her revenge I DON'T CARE, this is a new year
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Devious, gripping and fast paced, Godsgrave has almost everything I expected of this much anticipated sequel, some that was entirely unexpected, and has left quite a bit up to the last book to deliver.

Mia Corvere in Nevernight - artwork by JujuFei

Patience, she’d tell herself, whispering the word like a prayer.
If Vengeance has a mother, her name is Patience.

I have no intentions of discussing the plot in detail, this being the second book, so as to avoid any possible spoilers - Vengeance is
Alyssa
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
I only have one tiny thing to complain about and I don't even know if I can say it without spoiling things. It's more of a preference thing so I highly doubt it will bother other readers. =) But overall, WOW THAT WAS GOOD. I'm glad I decided to read this one. (Originally I wasn't planning on doing so until the series was complete, even though I read Nevernight last year.)

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
Book Two of the Nevernight Chronicles
Publisher: St. Ma
jessica
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i need new letters to create new words, because there are not enough in all the languages combined that can describe how i feel about this book and series.

i never thought i would love something that is so ruthless, so unapologetic, and so downright disturbing. but yet, here i am, giving it all the stars in the world. please send psychological help. and book number three, while youre at it!

Robin (Bridge Four)
3.75 Why Would You Forgive Stars

description

Nevernight was in my top 5 reads last year gentlefriends so this book had a lot to live up to. While it was a pretty good book overall it fell a little short of its predecessor. Still this world and the characters in it are very interesting and I was glad to be jumping back in.

╰⊰✿Non-Spoilery Section✿⊱╮

Kristoff does a few things really well throughout this book. He has a unique turn of phrase and prose in this book that is really beautiful even when it is descr
Teresa ☼ {semi-hiatus}
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is probably one of the best books i’ve ever read.

rtc when i’m able to form human words again

—————

buddy read with this one
  • Ice Wolves (Elementals, #1)
  • Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2)
  • The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3)
  • Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #3)
  • Reign the Earth (The Elementae, #1)
  • Given to the Sea (Given Duet, #1)
  • Empress of a Thousand Skies (Empress of a Thousand Skies, #1)
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)
  • Here Lies Daniel Tate
  • The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1)
  • Untitled
  • Heart of Thorns (Heart of Thorns, #1)
  • Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2)
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
  • The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue
  • Inferno (Talon, #5)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • The Careful Undressing of Love
Jay Kristoff is the #1 international, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of THE NEVERNIGHT CHRONICLE, THE ILLUMINAE FILES and THE LOTUS WAR. He is the winner of five Aurealis Awards, an ABIA, has over half a million books in print and is published in over thirty five countries, most of which he has never visited. He is as surprised about all of this as you are. He is 6’7 and has appro ...more
More about Jay Kristoff

The Nevernight Chronicle (3 books)
  • Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
“She'd grown up inside books. No matter how dark life became, shutting out the hurt was as easy as opening a cover. A child of murdered parents and a failed rebellion, she'd still walked in the boots of scholars and warriors, queens and conquerors.

The heavens grant us only one life, but through books, we live a thousand.”
54 likes