All About YA discussion

Member's Reading Corner > CJ's Reading Corner

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments A place for reading plans, wish lists, color commentary, and quiet conversation (even if it's only with myself).

message 2: by C.J. (last edited Jul 15, 2018 09:21AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Trilogy Collection
One of the perils of participating in A-Z Challenges is that I often read the first book in a trilogy (because I need its initial), but I don't immediately reach for the next books (because I am looking for different letters). The following list will fill in as I conquer the sets. And since the unfinished trilogies look so dreadfully forlorn, I will diligently complete them forthwith. Says I.

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician, #2) by Charlie N. Holmberg The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3) by Charlie N. Holmberg
Meadowsweet by C.J. Milbrandt Harrow by C.J. Milbrandt Rakefang (Galleries of Stone, #3) by C.J. Milbrandt
The Wrong Girl (The 1st Freak House Trilogy #1) by C.J. Archer Playing With Fire (The 1st Freak House Trilogy, #2) by C.J. Archer Heart Burn (The 1st Freak House Trilogy, #3) by C.J. Archer
100 Cupboards (100 Cupboards, #1) by N.D. Wilson Dandelion Fire (100 Cupboards, #2) by N.D. Wilson
A Study in Charlotte (Charlotte Holmes, #1) by Brittany Cavallaro
Jinx (Jinx #1) by Sage Blackwood
The Luck Uglies (The Luck Uglies, #1) by Paul Durham Fork-Tongue Charmers (The Luck Uglies, #2) by Paul Durham

message 3: by C.J. (last edited Mar 18, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Four of a Kind
What could be nicer than a quartet? Four parts. Four corners. Foursquare. Four points on a compass. Four sheets to the wind. I'll fill in the sets as they're finished. Nary a gap in the ranks shall remain!

The Golden Key and Other Fantasy Stories by George MacDonald The Wise Woman and Other Stories by George MacDonald The Light Princess and Other Fantasy Stories by George MacDonald The Gray Wolf and Other Fantasy Stories by George MacDonald
The Blue Door (Threshold #1) by Christa Kinde The Hidden Deep (Threshold #2) by Christa Kinde The Broken Window (Threshold #3) by Christa Kinde The Garden Gate (Threshold #4) by Christa Kinde
Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter

message 4: by C.J. (last edited Mar 18, 2018 02:00PM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Quintessential Choices
This quirky collection is quite the handful, needing all five fingers. Five books per se and per set! There may be some jostling in the ranks when a series sprouts an unforeseen point five or prequel, but to keep things tidy, five there shall be and five they shall remain.

The Skin Map by Stephen R. Lawhead The Bone House (Bright Empires, #2) by Stephen R. Lawhead The Spirit Well (Bright Empires, #3) by Stephen R. Lawhead The Shadow Lamp (Bright Empires, #4) by Stephen R. Lawhead The Fatal Tree (Bright Empires, #5) by Stephen R. Lawhead
Rowan Hood Outlaw Girl of Sherwood Forest (Rowan Hood, #1) by Nancy Springer Lionclaw (Rowan Hood, #2) by Nancy Springer Outlaw Princess of Sherwood (Rowan Hood, #3) by Nancy Springer Wild Boy (Rowan Hood, #4) by Nancy Springer Rowan Hood Returns (Rowan Hood, #5) by Nancy Springer
Longbow (The Saga of Roland Inness #1) by Wayne Grant Warbow (The Saga of Roland Inness #2) by Wayne Grant The Broken Realm (The Saga of Roland Inness #3) by Wayne Grant The Ransomed Crown (The Saga of Roland Inness #4) by Wayne Grant A Prince of Wales (The Saga of Roland Inness Book 5) by Wayne Grant
The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1) by Colleen Gleason The Spiritglass Charade (Sneak Preview) A Stoker & Holmes Novel by Collen Gleason The Chess Queen Enigma (Stoker & Holmes, #3) by Colleen Gleason The Carnelian Crow (Stoker & Holmes, #4) by Colleen Gleason
The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud The Whispering Skull (Lockwood & Co., #2) by Jonathan Stroud The Hollow Boy (Lockwood & Co., #3) by Jonathan Stroud
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) by Brandon Mull

message 5: by C.J. (last edited Jul 15, 2018 09:20AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Sixes and Nines
Bless every prolific author who goes above and beyond, spinning adventures that do not end too soon. This is the spot to find a series with six, seven, eight, or nine volumes to its name. This time, I'll indicate whether or not I've finished the whole series.

Completed:

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables, #3) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables, #4) by L.M. Montgomery Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #6) by L.M. Montgomery Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables, #7) by L.M. Montgomery Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables, #8) by L.M. Montgomery
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling
The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1) by Nancy Springer The Case of the Left-Handed Lady (Enola Holmes, #2) by Nancy Springer The Case of the Bizarre Bouquets (Enola Holmes, #3) by Nancy Springer The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan (Enola Holmes, #4) by Nancy Springer The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5) by Nancy Springer The Case of the Gypsy Good-Bye (Enola Holmes, #6) by Nancy Springer

In Progress:

The Samurai and the Long-Nosed Devils by Lensey Namioka White Serpent Castle by Lensey Namioka
Midnight for Charlie Bone (The Children of the Red King, #1) by Jenny Nimmo
Rise of the Wolf (Wereworld, #1) by Curtis Jobling

message 6: by C.J. (last edited Jan 05, 2018 09:58PM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Double Digits
And finally, for those authors who understand the meaning of EPIC. Sure, some readers might shy away from the long ones, but these wouldn't be around if we didn't love to linger. Here there be sets with ten or more volumes.

Completed:

In Progress:
The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan The Burning Bridge (Ranger's Apprentice, #2) by John Flanagan The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice, #3) by John Flanagan The Battle for Skandia (Ranger's Apprentice, #4) by John Flanagan
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket

message 7: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Self-Indulgent Twaddle
Because a labor of love deserves a prominent place in one's reading corner. My boys.

On Your Marks The Adventure Begins by C.J. Milbrandt Aboard the Train A Ewan Johns Adventure by C.J. Milbrandt Over the Bridge A Zane Johns Adventure by C.J. Milbrandt Up the Mountain A Ganix Johns Adventure by C.J. Milbrandt Inside the Tree A Ewan Johns Adventure (Byways, #5) by C.J. Milbrandt Into the Hills A Zane Johns Adventure (Byways, #6) by C.J. Milbrandt Across the Line A Ganix Johns Adventure (Byways, #7) by C.J. Milbrandt Down the Stairs A Ewan Johns Adventure (Byways Book 8) by C.J. Milbrandt Through the Notches A Zane Johns Adventure (Byways Book 9) by C.J. Milbrandt Back on Track A Ganix Johns Adventure (Byways Book 10) by C.J. Milbrandt Beneath the Torch A Ewan Johns Adventure (Byways, #11) by C.J. Milbrandt In the Middle A Zane Johns Adventure (Byways, #12) by C.J. Milbrandt Among the Tents A Ganix Johns Adventure by C.J. Milbrandt

message 8: by C.J. (last edited Jan 14, 2018 05:58PM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Rainbow Array
While I haven't officially signed up for one yet, I've been thinking about participating in a rainbow-themed reading challenge. This is a spot for making pretty arrangements.

The Dire King (Jackaby, #4) by William Ritter Restart by Gordon Korman Ghost (Track, #1) by Jason Reynolds Frogkisser! by Garth Nix Pie by Sarah Weeks The New Policeman (New Policeman, #1) by Kate Thompson The Charming Life of Izzy Malone by Jenny Lundquist Ballet Shoes (Shoes, #1) by Noel Streatfeild

The Quest to the Uncharted Lands by Jaleigh Johnson The Call (The Magnificent 12, #1) by Michael Grant The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate (Calpurnia Tate, #1) by Jacqueline Kelly Goblins by Philip Reeve The Last Gargoyle by Paul Durham The Drowned Vault (Ashtown Burials, #2) by N.D. Wilson The Legend of the Rift (Seven Wonders, #5) by Peter Lerangis Pursuing Prissie by Christa Kinde

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente The Griffin's Feather (Dragon Rider, #2) by Cornelia Funke Night Gate (The Gateway Trilogy, #1) by Isobelle Carmody A Taste for Monsters by Matthew J. Kirby The Last Boy at St. Edith's by Lee Gjertsen Malone The Star Thief by Lindsey Becker Ravenous by MarcyKate Connolly The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3) by Andrea Cheng

Gabriel Finley and the Raven's Riddle (Gabriel Finley #1) by George Hagen The Ire of Iron Claw (Gadgets and Gears, #2) by Kersten Hamilton The Cabinet of Wonders (The Kronos Chronicles, #1) by Marie Rutkoski The Ruins of Gorlan (Ranger's Apprentice, #1) by John Flanagan Circa Now by Amber McRee Turner Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times by Emma Trevayne Curse of the Night Wolf (Barnaby Grimes, #1) by Paul Stewart

Night of the Howling Dogs by Graham Salisbury Escape Velocity (H.I.V.E., #3) by Mark Walden The Inn Between by Marina Cohen Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos (Theodosia Throckmorton, #1) by R.L. LaFevers Dragonborn (The Flaxfield Quartet, #1) by Toby Forward The Nethergrim (The Nethergrim, #1) by Matthew Jobin Goldeline by Jimmy Cajoleas

The Robe of Skulls (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #1) by Vivian French Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2) by Peter Lerangis The Brimstone Key (Grey Griffins The Clockwork Chronicles, #1) by Derek Benz A Stolen Crown (Stolen Royals #2) by Kelsey Keating A Possibility of Whales by Karen Rivers

Ottoline and the Yellow Cat (Ottoline, #1) by Chris Riddell Wishing Well (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #3) by Jason Lethcoe Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones

Beezus and Ramona (Ramona, #1) by Beverly Cleary Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1) by Carole Wilkinson

Sometimes, a rainbow challenge will require the NAME of a color to appear in the title.

Red The True Story of Red Riding Hood by Liesl Shurtliff Ruby Holler by Sharon Creech A Stranger at Green Knowe (Green Knowe, #4) by L.M. Boston Newt's Emerald by Garth Nix Blue Window by Adina Gewirtz The White Giraffe by Lauren St. John

message 9: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
You're not talking to yourself! I love reading people's updates on their reading overall. And your titles for each section are awesome! Keep it up, C.J. :)

message 10: by C.J. (last edited Apr 04, 2018 07:59AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments One of a Kind
I have a real weakness for series, so I usually reach for stories that unfold over multiple volumes, but once in a while, I read a stand-alone. Here's a place to tumble them together.

Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg Cogling by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek The Last Motley by D.J. Edwardson Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman Freaks by Kieran Larwood

message 11: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Duologies
Two-fers are a fine thing, especially when the storytelling's good. Who doesn't like to revisit a place once we've been there?

The Peculiar (The Peculiar, #1) by Stefan Bachmann
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Pat of Silver Bush (Pat, #1) by L.M. Montgomery

message 12: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Daisy wrote: "You're not talking to yourself! I love reading people's updates on their reading overall. And your titles for each section are awesome! Keep it up, C.J. :)"

Aww, thanks! This is turning into a fun place to putter around. Thanks for giving us space to goof off. : )

message 13: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Sepia Tones
Somewhat related to the rainbow post above, I wanted a place to gather up all the books in beautiful browns. Coffee and caramel and coffee hues, magnificent for their earthy, woodsy, tea-stained palettes.

The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1) by Nancy Springer Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1) by Lian Tanner Pax by Sara Pennypacker The City of Ember (Book of Ember, #1) by Jeanne DuPrau Keras by Simon Rae

message 14: by C.J. (last edited May 12, 2018 11:20AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Cover Themes
We've a middlegrade book blog in the works, and one feature I'm fiddling with relates to book covers with specific items on them. This is as good a place as any to begin pulling together those collections.

Fish
The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm Replay by Sharon Creech Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt Counting by 7s by Holly Goldberg Sloan Circa Now by Amber McRee Turner The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner Unidentified Suburban Object by Mike Jung Rules by Cynthia Lord

Weather
The Storm Makers by Jennifer E. Smith The Maloneys' Magical Weatherbox by Nigel Quinlan Savvy (Savvy, #1) by Ingrid Law Drizzle by Kathleen Van Cleve

Cat
Pie by Sarah Weeks Strange Happenings Five Tales of Transformation by Avi Time Cat by Lloyd Alexander The Nine Lives of Jacob Tibbs by Cylin Busby The Tygrine Cat by Inbali Iserles

Balloon
Sylvie and the Songman by Tim Binding Sky Chasers by Emma Carroll The Cabinet of Curiosities 36 Tales Brief by Stefan Bachmann The Glass Town Game by Catherynne M. Valente The Case of the Missing Moonstone (The Wollstonecraft Detective Agency, #1) by Jordan Stratford

Fox
Pax by Sara Pennypacker Song for a Scarlet Runner by Julie Hunt Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1) by Peter Bunzl Foxheart (Foxheart, #1) by Claire Legrand The Wonderling by Mira Bartok

Glasses
Restart by Gordon Korman The Half-True Lies of Cricket Cohen by Catherine Lloyd Burns

Moon
The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill Flower Moon by Gina Linko The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry Moon Shadow by Erin Downing Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1) by Dave Barry My Diary from the Edge of the World by Jodi Lynn Anderson Windblowne by Stephen Messer A Nearer Moon by Melanie Crowder The List by Patricia Forde

Squirrel
Flora & Ulysses The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo Urchin of the Riding Stars (The Mistmantle Chronicles, #1) by M.I. McAllister

Lighthouse
Fearless by Elvira Woodruff The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart Ms. Rapscott's Girls by Elise Primavera

Egg
Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald Eggs by Jerry Spinelli Abby Carnelia's One and Only Magical Power by David Pogue Dragon's Egg by Sarah L. Thomson Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core (The Guardians, #2) by William Joyce

Whale
A Possibility of Whales by Karen Rivers Ice Whale by Jean Craighead George A Whale in Paris by Daniel Presley Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy by Gary D. Schmidt Heart of a Samurai by Margi Preus Cloud and Wallfish by Anne Nesbet

Raven & Crow
The Ravenmaster's Secret Escape From The Tower Of London by Elvira Woodruff The Wizards of Once (The Wizards of Once #1) by Cressida Cowell The Hollow Bettle (Poisons of Caux, #1) by Susannah Appelbaum Return to Exile (The Hunter Chronicles #1) by E.J. Patten

message 15: by C.J. (last edited May 09, 2018 11:08AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments More Cover Themes
A miscellany of MG books, arranged in tidy piles by visual themes on their covers.

Winter
Absolutely Truly by Heather Vogel Frederick Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu The Crowfield Curse (Crowfield Abbey, #1) by Pat Walsh Darkbeast Rebellion (Darkbeast, #2) by Morgan Keyes The Dyerville Tales by M.P. Kozlowsky Greenglass House (Greenglass House, #1) by Kate Milford The Lost Frost Girl by Amy Wilson May B. by Caroline Starr Rose Odd and the Frost Giants by Neil Gaiman The Poet's Dog by Patricia MacLachlan The Samurai's Tale by Erik Christian Haugaard The Wondrous World of Violet Barnaby by Jenny Lundquist

Bicycle
The Parker Inheritance by Varian Johnson The Case of the Missing Marquess (Enola Holmes, #1) by Nancy Springer Moonpenny Island by Tricia Springstubb

Night
Drum Roll, Please by Lisa Jenn Bigelow Flights and Chimes and Mysterious Times by Emma Trevayne The Jamie Drake Equation by Christopher Edge

Car
Around the World in 100 Days by Gary L. Blackwood The Odds of Getting Even (Mo & Dale Mysteries, #3) by Sheila Turnage Secrets of Shakespeare’s Grave (The Shakespeare Mysteries, #1) by Deron R. Hicks

Key
The Art of the Swap by Kristine Carlson Asselin The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick The Key and the Flame by Claire M. Caterer The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd The Zoo at the Edge of the World by Eric Kahn Gale

Map
Back on the Map by Lisa Ann Scott In the Window Room (The Histories of Earth, #1) by Steven J. Carroll The Map to Everywhere (Map to Everywhere, #1) by Carrie Ryan When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Forest
Beastkeeper by Cat Hellisen Goldeline by Jimmy Cajoleas Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles) by Hannah West

Cemetery
Death and Douglas by J.W. Ocker The Gravedigger's Son by Patrick Moody The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman The Grave Robber's Apprentice by Allan Stratton A Skinful of Shadows by Frances Hardinge

Feather
Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton The Flight of the Phoenix (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, #1) by R.L. LaFevers

Winged Things
The Magic of Hobson Jobson by Soyna Owley Juliet Dove, Queen of Love (Magic Shop, #5) by Bruce Coville The Flame of Olympus (Pegasus, #1) by Kate O'Hearn

Winged People
Wings (Mysterious Mr. Spines, #1) by Jason Lethcoe The Last Gargoyle by Paul Durham The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2) by Michael Buckley

Shop Window
Bliss (The Bliss Bakery, #1) by Kathryn Littlewood Magical Mischief by Anna Dale

Train
The Boundless by Kenneth Oppel The Detective's Assistant by Kate Hannigan On the Blue Comet by Rosemary Wells

Gameboards & Pieces
The Courage Test by James Preller The Mysterious Benedict Society Mr. Benedict's Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas, and Curious Conundrums by Trenton Lee Stewart

message 16: by C.J. (last edited Apr 20, 2018 10:22AM) (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Because I keep finding more cover themes...
Here's another little pile, updated when the urge hits (usually when I *should* be writing).

Insects
The Mark of the Dragonfly by Jaleigh Johnson

Gates
The Menagerie (Menagerie, #1) by Tui T. Sutherland The Gates by John Connolly School of Fear (School of Fear, #1) by Gitty Daneshvari Secrets of Shakespeare’s Grave (The Shakespeare Mysteries, #1) by Deron R. Hicks The Zoo at the Edge of the World by Eric Kahn Gale

Profiles
Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter Skavenger's Hunt by Mike Rich The Great Trouble A Mystery of London, the Blue Death, and a Boy Called Eel by Deborah Hopkinson Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles, #1) by Connie Glynn

Silhouettes
The Cabinet of Wonders (The Kronos Chronicles, #1) by Marie Rutkoski Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes (Peter Nimble, #1) by Jonathan Auxier The Emperor's Riddle by Kat Zhang The Tilting House by Tom Llewellyn Tumble & Blue by Cassie Beasley The Unbreakable Code (Book Scavenger, #2) by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman

Top Hat
You Wish (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff, #1) by Jason Lethcoe The Evil Wizard Smallbone by Delia Sherman A Taste for Monsters by Matthew J. Kirby Wish You Were Here (The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff #4) by Jason Lethcoe

Stairs
The Screaming Statue (The Curiosity House, #2) by Lauren Oliver The Screaming Staircase (Lockwood & Co., #1) by Jonathan Stroud

Bus
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner's Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3) by Trenton Lee Stewart Tower of the Five Orders (The Shakespeare Mysteries #2) by Deron R. Hicks

House
The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1) by Trenton Lee Stewart Horton Halfpott; or, The Fiendish Mystery of Smugwick Manor; or, The Loosening of M’Lady Luggertuck’s Corset by Tom Angleberger The Tilting House by Tom Llewellyn Winterhouse (Winterhouse, #1) by Ben Guterson The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry The Problim Children by Natalie Lloyd The Shrunken Head (The Curiosity House, #1) by Lauren Oliver

message 17: by Daisy (new)

Daisy | 471 comments Mod
CJ, those collections of Middle Grade book covers are so aesthetically pleasing! I could stare at them all day. I actually just created a thread for us to all share our Middle Grade recommendations here. You seem to know a lot about the genre, it would be cool to get your insight. Obviously no pressure - it's just for fun. ;)

message 18: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Milbrandt (cjmilbrandt) | 31 comments Daisy wrote: "CJ, I actually just created a thread for us to all share our Middle Grade recommendations..."

I'll check it out! Thanks, Daisy!