Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Buddy Read Trackers > Victor's Buddy Read tracker

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victor *I was in the pool!* (last edited Apr 03, 2018 09:31PM) (new)

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments January 2018
1/5 Gardens of the Moon - Will I ever get back to you? Can I catch up?
1/20 American Gods - Abandoned... I can't fit it in.

February 2018
2/01 A Clash of Kings
2/16 Deadhouse Gates

March 2018
3/10 Old Man's War

April 2018
4/05 Obsidio
4/08 Neverwhere
4/10 The Ghost Brigades
4/10 Mistress of the Empire

May 2018
5/05 Malice
5/10 The Last Colony

June 2018

July 2018

August 2018

September 2018

October 2018
10/5 Night of Knives

November 2018
11/16 The Bonehunters

December 2018
12/28 Reaper's Gale

message 2: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Great list victor looking forward to read game of thrones and malazen with you 😂😂👍🏽👍🏽

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments Ahdam wrote: "Great list victor looking forward to read game of thrones and malazen with you 😂😂👍🏽👍🏽"

Thanks. There are so many great BRs scheduled that it wasn't easy deciding which to join.

message 4: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7585 comments Ooh I'll be joining you on some of these too :)
Looking forward to discussing American Gods with everyone!

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments Siobhan wrote: "Ooh I'll be joining you on some of these too :)
Looking forward to discussing American Gods with everyone!"

Outstanding! Looking forward to it - too :)

message 6: by Zaara (last edited Jan 02, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

Zaara | 4143 comments Hey @Draco (so much more fierce than Drogo) I started GoTM...just wanted to give you a heads up.
Bcuz Blood Song is a monthlong, no?
Plus I wanted to open the new year with a huge long new journey...
Dunno if you ever check bk here or not. I tried looking for that last status update we chatted on...seems to have vanished it and finding it was a paim.
So I'll just keep posting here whenever I wanna find you ok?
I'm abt sevemty pages in and still real quiet on the thred until you and @800 and Ahdam turn up...
Innany case I have nothing to say. Its the kind of book where you want to wait and see if you're in or out. And you'll either be in all the way or severely not. The preface pretty much admits that.
Normally, I'm skittish. Takes very little to spook me off something. Look what happened with that whole nathair thing.
Which nathair is a git in a series called faithful and the fallen, in case I was obscure.

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments Zaara wrote: "Hey @Draco (so much more fierce than Drogo) I started GoTM...just wanted to give you a heads up.
Bcuz Blood Song is a monthlong, no?
Plus I wanted to open the new year with a huge long new journey..."

Hey Zaara,

I'm still on board and itching to get started, but I'll wait. I want to finish up what I'm reading now and give GoTM my undivided attention. I've popped into the ongoing conversations on the thread and it seems like people are really enjoying it, so fingers crossed that we do as well.

I shelved the book with our last conversation so posting here is fine :)

message 8: by Zaara (new)

Zaara | 4143 comments I'm about halfway thru...and well...we strategised and planned on this so much together that I'm not feeling too great without you being there...
*forlorn munky face*
Was your library able to locate a copy or are you scared and jezzt need a shot in the arm? Mayim and Ron and all the gals aren't freaked anymore either and neither am I. See, its not that scary after all...I think...a little bit of dissonance and if you like to write stuff down you should mebbe keep a few notes for when the next few books come, I do...copious ones. Like just key scenes, my book looks like a very colourful porcupine now with all the Sticky notes...i have all the fun colours.
Oh and stay offa Tor re-read is full of really *yerk* spoilers + just Sauron's notes if you get stuck + there's the excellent Finbar who is so wonderful in the frontlines that you and I...we can just duck down behind and sneak thru this entire series, I think, without getting into any trouble on the thred.
Bring a dark cloak and jezzt...skulk in the shadows wid me, Draco. That was the plan...right?
Ima feel like a complete jerk and ditcher if I finish and you've not even started. We partners now. You be the good guy. I will be the very very bad guy (view spoiler)

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments Zaara wrote: "I'm about halfway thru...and well...we strategised and planned on this so much together that I'm not feeling too great without you being there...
*forlorn munky face*
Was your library able to locate a copy...
Ima feel like a complete jerk and ditcher if I finish and you've not even started."

I started reading on the 7th and made it to the 10% mark before I had to stop due to a migraine (my bad ones tend to last days). I haven't read a word since then, and stopped by (here) yesterday for the first time in like 6 days. I'm still feeling the remnants of the migraine, but it's not as bad as it was a few days ago so, I hope to be able to pick up where I left off within the next day or two.

Do not feel bad for continuing on and do not let me slow you down. Yes, we strategized but a wise man once said (I'm pretty sure he said it more than once, but whatever)...

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft agley"

message 10: by Zaara (last edited Jan 15, 2018 10:12PM) (new)

Zaara | 4143 comments Ah, a literate man...
*jingles*
Migraines suck and blow...never you mind abt GoTM then...you jezzt get better soon. That thing is deffo not the kinda stuff you wanna be reading with a bear of a head + never you mind abt replying late...nothing abt a buddy read is ever life-threateningly urgent ok?
And now Evil Nurse Za'll jezzt close the door very softly on the way out...