What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy; first in trilogy/series; sisters, quiet one chosen to marry king? [s]

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 273 comments I saw this book go by on GR a few days ago and it looked interesting but I got interrupted before I could do anything and now I can't find it again. So I appreciate any help.

This book was probably published in the last 10 years but I don't know for sure. It was the first in a series or trilogy and I believe at least one more of them has been published but could be wrong there. It was YA. I think the cover was the typical close-up of a girl in a lovely dress, though that may not be right.

If I recall correctly the heroine is the youngest of two sisters. The older one sounds beautiful and accomplished and all, the younger one quiet or shy or just not good at much of anything. For some reason the younger girl has been chosen to marry the prince or king, much to her surprise.

The quick glance of the description I had time for gave me the impression that serious problems would be coming in the story for the prince and the kingdom and the girl will play a key role in solving them, of course.

I have a young friend who would love this kind of book if I can figure out what it was. I appreciate any suggestions.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 13590 comments Mod
Teri-k, what are the fantasy elements?

Julia ♡ Sarcasm and Romance Addict ♡ | 175 comments I don't have a book suggestion, but if you saw it on GR a few days ago you can always try checking your browser history, going back to whatever other book you were viewing at the time, and seeing whether the book you're looking for had caught your eye in the "readers also enjoyed" section?

message 6: by Teri-K (new)

Teri-K | 273 comments Krista wrote: "Or maybe The Girl of Fire and Thorns."

That was it! Thanks so much - to you and everyone who helped. I think my friend may enjoy reading this. :)