Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Results of the Pick-for-Me Challenge, June 2017

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Grey (last edited Jun 29, 2017 09:53PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Here we are in month 3 of the Pick-for-Me Challenge! I will periodically update this post with our ratings for the books chosen for us by our pickers. Thank you, to the illustrious, Fabi, for randomizing all of the picker/pickee name draws!

Amy picked Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre for Lisa; Lisa rated as 4 stars!

Anna picked A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas for Jan; Jan is at 51% as of 6/8

bev picked A Torch Against the Night (An Ember in the Ashes, #2) by Sabaa Tahir for Amy; Amy rated as 4 stars!

Ela picked Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley for Leslie; Leslie DNF-ed at 31%

Fabi picked RUSH (Rush, #1) by Emma Scott for Grey; Grey rated as 4.5 stars!

Grey picked Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster for Michelle; Michelle rated as 4.5 stars!

Jan picked My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered, #1) by Alanea Alder for Jean; Jean rated as 4 stars!

Jean picked Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3) by C.J. Roberts for Renee;

Kate picked Juniper Smoke by Sadia Ash for Tessa; Tessa rated as 4.5 stars!

Leslie picked Watching and Wanting (Housemates, #4) by Jay Northcote for Fabi; Fabi rated as 4 stars!

Lisa picked Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1) by S. Ann Cole for bev; bev DNF'ed d/t derogatory language by MC about her "naturally slow" brother.

Michelle picked Wallbanger (Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton for Anna; Anna rated as 4 stars!

Niki picked The Hating Game by Sally Thorne for Ela; Ela rated as 4 stars!

Paula picked Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes for Kate; Kate rated as 5 stars!

Renee picked Just an Illusion - Side A (The Illusion, #1) by D. Kelly for Paula; Paula rated as 4 stars!

Tessa picked Corrupt (Devil's Night, #1) by Penelope Douglas for Niki; Niki rated as 3.5 stars!

Happy reading, everyone!

message 2: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Posting to keep track

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments We are fantastic. I love us!!!

message 4: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Lisa wrote: "We are fantastic. I love us!!!"

*hugs everyone in massive group hug*

What a great selection of books! This is fun.

message 5: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments I love how that list looks up there! Thanks Grey! This is such a fun game.

message 6: by Nay (last edited Jun 01, 2017 03:23AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Lisa wrote: "We are fantastic. I love us!!!"

Me too, Lisa! I can't wait to hear what some of you think about books I enjoyed and what others think about books I might want to move up on my tbr.

Thanks so much Grey and Fabi for keeping this all organized for us every month!

message 7: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am excited too! I look forward to everyone's reactions. Problem is, instead of reducing our TBR, we end up increasing it! 😄 Oh well, that is what we are here for right? The love of books.

Too bad Maryse doesn't participate. 😔

message 8: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments WHAT A GREAT LIST THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY SINE SOME OF MY FAVES ARE UP THERE!

WE ROCK HARD!

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments Still can't find Anna's shelf!

message 10: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Michelle, click this link and look at message #2.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle wrote: "Still can't find Anna's shelf!"

😂

That made me laugh. I kind of dont want you to. Just to keep randomly popping in, "I can't find Anna's shelf!"

message 12: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments LOL

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Awww, give poor Michelle a break. She's bound to be stressing. I clicked on the link in Fabi's post and it went right to Anna's pick for me shelf. I hope you find it, Michelle - if not, I'll go to it and tell you what's on her list :D I'm helpful that way!

message 14: by Anna (new)

Anna Penwick  (annapenwick) | 166 comments Michelle wrote: "Still can't find Anna's shelf!"
Pick For Me Here is the link. :) I don't need you to pick right away. I probably won't get to it until late next week. No rush.

message 15: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments I've started mine and liking it already! ACOTAR.

message 16: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Same. Started mine and liking it so far.

message 17: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Me too and loving it. Leslie did so good!

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Jan - did you finish May's?

message 19: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Paula wrote: "Jan - did you finish May's?"

No. It was pretty slow and I got side-tracked by other shinies. (What's new?) But I haven't totally given up. It wasn't horrible, just slow. So I'd like to give it another try sometime. It was It's You (It's You #1) by Katy Regnery

message 20: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Sorry for the bad pick Jan! Her CR are normally pretty good, guess PNR not so much

message 21: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Watching and Wanting (Housemates, #4) by Jay Northcote
Finished and LOVED it. 4 stars and a huge thank you to Leslie. *muah*

message 22: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments I'm waiting to read mine since I'm excited about it. Getting other reads out of the way...

message 23: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I am about 25% into mine Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley

So far, I like the story sooooo much better than other KA's I tried...I am just worried I will get bored as KA can be "wordy".

message 24: by Leslie (last edited Jun 02, 2017 09:14AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Fabi wrote: "Watching and Wanting (Housemates, #4) by Jay Northcote
Finished and LOVED it. 4 stars and a huge thank you to Leslie. *muah*"

Yay!! I think I need to add to my list of m/m to try.

message 25: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Leslie wrote: "I am about 25% into mine Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley

So far, I like the story sooooo much better than other KA's I tried...I am just worried I will get bored as KA can be "wordy"."

Don't think about it....just enjoy the story!

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments I finally found Anna's Pick For Me shelf! It was buried - and my phone didn't go to the additional pages. WOW. There there are a lot of shelves there, my friend.

Okay, so the only two on your list that I have read are The Opportunist and Wallbanger. So... what are you in the mood for? Funny sexy (Wallbanger) or some mind-f*ckery?

message 27: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Oooh, Anna's going to get a great pick either way! Both of those books are awesome!

message 28: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Paula wrote: "Sorry for the bad pick Jan! Her CR are normally pretty good, guess PNR not so much"

Not your fault Paula. I put it on my shelf after all. I do like some of her CRs so I was keen to try her pnr. But yeah, it didn't really grab me.

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna Penwick  (annapenwick) | 166 comments Michelle wrote: "I finally found Anna's Pick For Me shelf! It was buried - and my phone didn't go to the additional pages. WOW. There there are a lot of shelves there, my friend.

Okay, so the only two on your lis..."

I have an addiction to creating shelves. :) I'm in the mood for a funny sexy book.

message 30: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Well, I looked and you have Wallbanger on your shelf. That qualifies and funny and sexy.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments Wallbanger is my pick for you then, Anna!

message 32: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Michelle wrote: "Wallbanger is my pick for you then, Anna!"

That book is hilarious! And so, so sexy too!

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Done with my pick for me book. Thank you, Amy. I thoroughly enjoyed Sex Love Repeat. A 4 star read for me. My twisted mind would have preferred she had made a different choice, but no...that wouldn't have been the right ending!

message 34: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm starting mine today! Since there are mixed reviews from everyone here, I'm curious to see if I like it!

message 35: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments Well, I was going to start today, but I just got Sugar & Gold thru Netgalley and now I'm feeling squirrelly!

message 36: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments OMG Jean - you HAVE to read it. Now!!! Nik is amazing. The story is amazing. It's a quick read too. It's got swoony moments, heart stopping moments, angsty moments...and it's got at least a zillion quotes you will want to highlight!

message 37: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1525 comments ^^^Agreed!

message 38: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments I'm in a book slump...

message 39: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Ela wrote: "I'm in a book slump..."

The new Christina Lauren standalone is coming out today. Just sayin'......

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Mine is dead done. Dnf. Sorry for the language in my update but that seriously upset me.

Nope. Nada. Delete.

message 41: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments I just looked and saw why. Nope, no other words needed. That language was appropriate.

message 42: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
You can throw out an F bomb whenever you need to, bev. No judgement here, I'm with you!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. It can be satisfying, but I also always see/hear my mom.

message 44: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments bev wrote: "Thank you. It can be satisfying, but I also always see/hear my mom."

Haha bev. Old habits die hard.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments bev wrote: "Mine is dead done. Dnf. Sorry for the language in my update but that seriously upset me.

Nope. Nada. Delete."

Wow....sorry that was such an awful pick. Had no clue...but I would have had a huge issue with that too!!!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Lisa, it was my pick. No apologies. I bought it years ago after it was on the blog. I put it on my shelf for this challenge. At some point I would of read it.
This is just one of my buttons.

message 47: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, I used to have Jahleel Jahleel (Loving All Wrong, #1) by S. Ann Cole on my TBR....I was looking forward to your thoughts to try to remember why I removed it. Ugh! It sounds like its not for me too.

message 48: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments No judgement please but I don't remember those words because I probably blocked them out because I otherwise loved the book.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Absolutely no judgment, Ela. A ton love this book. I bought it off of Maryse's review and people in the comments loved it.
There are tons of things that I read over that are buttons for others.
I kept going over in my head how she meant that scene to be read.....but anyway it just killed the heroine for me.

message 50: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Ela, no judgement sweetie. As long as you don't hold me down and make me read Transcendence.

« previous 1 3 4