Bookish Kingdom discussion

June Challenge > Ilsen's June Challenge

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corrine (new)

Corrine June 1- Dare Day I dare you to read a book off your to-read list
June 2, 2017- Doughnut Day Originating from Salvation Army lassies bringing donuts to the from lines. Read a book about war
June 3- Repeat Day Reread a book
June 4- Hug your Cat day Read a book with an animal on the cover
June 5- World Environment Day Read a book with a green cover
June 6- Yo-Yo Day Read a book with the title or authors name starting with Y
June 7- Chocolate Ice Cream day Read a book set during the summer
June 8- Name Your Poison Read a book that has a rating lower then 3.5 stars or a book that has been released in the last 2 months (or an arc)
June 9- Donald Duck’s Day Donald Duck’s birthday Read a book with alliterating title or author’s name. A letter must appear twice in the tittle and/or the author’s name
June 10- Iced Tea Day Iced tea has some suspected medicinal properties Read a book where someone struggles with illness
June 11- Corn on the Cob Day Read a book with the letters CORN in the title
June 12- Red Rose Day Cystic Fibrosis foundation in Australia host Red Rose day and week Read a book with flowers on the cover
June 13- Sewing Machine Day The first sewing machine was made in France in the 1830s Read a book set in the 1800s
June 14- Monkey around day Read a book in the letters MONKEY in the title
June 15- Smile Power Day Read a book with a 4.0 rating or higher
June 16- Fresh Veggies Day Read a book with the main occupation of the main characters is farming
June 17, 2017- Jugglers Day Read a trilogy
June 18, 2017- Fathers Day Read a book with a single dad
June 19- Kissing Day Read a romance novel
June 20- Ice Cream Soda Day Read a book that has the letters CREAM in the title
June 21- Selfie Day Read a book with a person on the cover
June 22- Chocolate Eclair Day Read a book about diets, eating disorders, or the dangers of sugar etc.
June 23- Pink Day Read a book with a pink cover
June 24- Swim a Lap Read a book that takes place on a beach or at a pool
June 25- Catfish Day Read a book about cyber bullying or internet safety.
June 26- Forgiveness Day Read a book you have DNFed
June 27- Sunglasses Day Read a book with the sun on the cover
June 28- Paul Bunyan Day Read a book with trees on the cover
June 29- Waffle Iron Day Read a book where the main character is a chef
June 30- Meteor Watch Day Read a book set in another world

You will receive a 20 point bonus if you complete all tasks

You may only do each task twice, but will only receive bonus points once

All dates from http://holidayinsights.com/moreholida...

message 2: by Corrine (new)

Corrine R

message 3: by Corrine (new)

Corrine R

message 4: by Corrine (new)

Corrine R

message 5: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 768 comments Mod
Starts June 1, 2017 - No end date

June 1- Dare Day: Caraval by Stephanie Garber
June 2, 2017- Doughnut Day Read a book about war: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
June 3- Repeat Day Reread a book: The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
June 4- Hug your Cat day Read a book with an animal on the cover: Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
June 5- World Environment Day Read a book with a green cover: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
June 6- Yo-Yo Day Read a book with the title or authors name starting with Y: The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
June 7- Chocolate Ice Cream day Read a book set during the summer: Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
June 8- Name Your Poison Read a book that has a rating lower then 3.5 stars or a book that has been released in the last 2 months (or an arc): Piper Perish by Kayla Cagan
June 9- Donald Duck’s Day Read a book with alliterating title or author’s name: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
June 10- Iced Tea Day Read a book where someone struggles with illness: Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
June 11- Corn on the Cob Day Read a book with the letters CORN in the title: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
June 12- Red Rose Day Read a book with flowers on the cover: Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan
June 13- Sewing Machine Day Read a book set in the 1800s: Jackaby by William Ritter
June 14- Monkey around day Read a book in the letters MONKEY in the title: The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher
June 15- Smile Power Day Read a book with a 4.0 rating or higher: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
June 16- Fresh Veggies Day Read a book with the main occupation of the main characters is farming: The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
June 17, 2017- Jugglers Day Read a trilogy: The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
June 18, 2017- Fathers Day Read a book with a single dad: Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman
June 19- Kissing Day Read a romance novel: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
June 20- Ice Cream Soda Day Read a book that has the letters CREAM in the title: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
June 21- Selfie Day Read a book with a person on the cover: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
June 22- Chocolate Eclair Day Read a book about diets, eating disorders, or the dangers of sugar: Four Weeks, Five People by Jennifer Yu
June 23- Pink Day Read a book with a pink cover: Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
June 24- Swim a Lap Read a book that takes place on a beach or at a pool: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
June 25- Catfish Day Read a book about cyber bullying or internet safety: Want to Go Private by Sarah Darer Littman
June 26- Forgiveness Day Read a book you have DNFed: Night by Elie Wiesel
June 27- Sunglasses Day Read a book with the sun on the cover: My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
June 28- Paul Bunyan Day Read a book with trees on the cover: A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallero
June 29- Waffle Iron Day Read a book where the main character is a chef: Heartless by Marissa Meyer
June 30- Meteor Watch Day Read a book set in another world: Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor

Please share any mistakes I have made like if the book doesn't relate to the theme so I can pick a different one. I will try to pick a replacement for the one that you said that doesn't correlate with the theme. I just want to try to do every task since there is no end date.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 44 comments I signed up for this challenge right??? I haven't seen anything about it lately. Is there another thread? If there is can you link it to me please. I just read 2 books that I started on the 1st and I think they were for this challenge but I could not find it until now

message 7: by Minx (new)

Minx (minxreadsalot) Susan wrote: "I signed up for this challenge right??? I haven't seen anything about it lately. Is there another thread? If there is can you link it to me please. I just read 2 books that I started on the 1st and..."

Susan, I do not see a thread set up for your June Challenge. Please go to this thread https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

and that is where your thread request should be completed. :)

message 8: by Ilsen (new)

This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab
This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Pages: 427
Category: Smile Power Day
How it fits: There is a 4.14 rating as of today
Review Link: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 9: by Ilsen (last edited Jul 05, 2017 12:35PM) (new)

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Pages: 303
Category: Kissing Day
How it fits: It's a LGBTQA romance basically
Review link: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 10: by Ilsen (new)

Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Pages: 407
Category: Dare Day
How it fits: It's been on my TBR since January

message 11: by Ilsen (new)

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Pages: 242
Category: Swim a Lap Day
How it fits: It takes place on an island which has a beach

message 12: by Ilsen (new)

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Pages: 435
Category: Selfie Day
How it fits: There is a guy on the cover

message 13: by Ilsen (new)

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Pages: 536
Category: Meteor Day
How it fits: It is set in a different world than ours