Start by marking “Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda” as Want to Read:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  48,318 Ratings  ·  9,075 Reviews
Sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier prefers to save his drama for the school musical. But when an email falls into the wrong hands, his secret is at risk of being thrust into the spotlight. Now Simon is actually being blackmailed: if he doesn’t play wingman for class clown Martin, his sexual identity will become everyone’s business. Worse, the privacy of Blu ...more
Published April 7th 2015 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, please sign up.

Florian Ques I think it's probably because Casanova has a reputation of being a womanizer of sorts and that's kind of ironic considering what Blue's sexual…moreI think it's probably because Casanova has a reputation of being a womanizer of sorts and that's kind of ironic considering what Blue's sexual orientation is.(less)

Emily May
Jun 10, 2015 Emily May rated it really liked it
Recommended to Emily May by: TL
Oh okay, you I-told-you-so people. You were right. This book is so much fun that I baked cookies and listened to unfortunate nineties pop music.

No, really.

And I seriously didn't want to read this. I mean, why would I? I don't particularly like cutesy romances, LGBT or not. The cover is kinda sucky and not attractive. The title is an inside joke that only makes sense after reading the book. And, let's be honest, it's always easier to convince me to read books with phrases like "mind-bending twis
Kat O'Keeffe
Apr 06, 2015 Kat O'Keeffe rated it really liked it
This was so great! It was funny and adorable and just left me with the biggest smile plastered on my face! It did take me a little bit to get into the story because there were so many characters I had trouble keeping them straight at times, but the main character Simon is well developed and relatable and really grounded the story. I thought the mystery was great (and was so excited when I correctly guessed who Blue was!) and I liked that despite the blackmail and the tension, it was still a most ...more
Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
Awesome. Video review to come.
Adam Silvera
If Becky wasn't a gay teenage boy with good grammar and a foul mouth in several past lives, then she's absolutely one of the most observant writers in the YA game.
Raeleen Lemay
Aug 30, 2014 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, lgbtqia
THIS BOOK IS WONDERFUL.

If a story about a cynical gay Harry Potter fan falling in love with somebody from the inside out sounds appealing to you, do yourself a favour and pick this up when it comes out in April.
Lola  Reviewer
There’s this pause. We’re still looking at each other. And there’s this feeling in my stomach like a coil pulled taut.
‘‘It’s you,’’ I say.

3 stars? 3.5 stars? I’m honestly not sure. Prior to reading this novel, I had read maybe five, six, seven reviews that upped my anticipation like crazy. They all mentioned how ‘‘cute’’ and ‘‘adorable’’ this novel is. And it’s true. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda becoming a New York Times bestseller and would actually be p
Natalie
May 11, 2016 Natalie rated it really liked it
description
This review contains *spoilers*.

If you love Oreos or waffles, boys kissing, and overall cuteness then please read this wonderful story, I promise that you won’t be disappointed.

This is the kind of book that I had to read in one sitting while eating the best snacks and listening to my current favorite song because it was just fun fun fun.
I’m still in a happy daze.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda follows sixteen-year-old and not-so-openly gay Simon Spier, who prefers to save his drama for the sch
Riley
Jul 21, 2016 Riley rated it it was amazing
As someone who does not typically like books set in high school, I absolutely adored this book. It is possibly the cutest romance I've ever read. And I think it is mostly because Simon and Blue feel in love with each other without knowing what the other looked like. They 100% loved each other for what's inside and that made it all the more beautiful.
Simon felt like a real person. His voice was so genuine and honest. And Blue is the most precious person ever.
I can definitely see myself rereadin
Catriona (LittleBookOwl)
4.5 stars... Maybe 5? I'm going to let things simmer and I'll get back to you on that, but OH YES THIS THIS THIS! Loved. So much. All of the things.
Emma Giordano
Jan 12, 2017 Emma Giordano rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book!!! I'm so happy I finally had the motivation to read it. It was exactly as everyone described it; Cute, Fluffy, Healthy, a fast read, an *important* read, etc. I can clearly see why it's such an acclaimed novel for LGBT+ rep in the book community. I'm very satisfied with "Simon" and would recommend it to absolutely everyone in the world because y'all need this book in your life!
Kainat Ijaz 《UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT》
Some of my favorite quotes. :S

-“White shouldn't be the default
any more than straight should be the default.
There shouldn't even be a default.”

-“I’m too busy trying not to be in love
with someone who isn’t real.”

-“It feels like we’re the last survivors of a zombie apocalypse. Wonder Woman and a gay dementor. It doesn’t bode well for the survival of the species.”

-“The closest thing I’ve ever had to a journal
is probably you.””

If this beauty is any indication of how 2017 is going to turn out, I
Wendy Darling
"Hi," he says, quickly and softly. Like the word belongs to us.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Also, I am seriously craving both waffles and Oreos now.

–--------------------------------------------

"starring gay teenage boys with good grammar?"

We revealed the cover today on The Midnight Garden, where you can win the very first ARCs available. Plus cookies! We have cookies!

Win a copy of SIMON VS. THE HOMO SAPIENS AGENDA

Fun fact: this book jacket was designed by the art director who did a lot of R.E.M.
Cait (Paper Fury)
Okay but. HELP. THIS WAS SO INSANELY ADORABLE I SUFFOCATED. I was listening to the audiobook and GRINNING. Like an idiot. The ending = Cait losing all control of her Vulcanism and just GRINNING LIKE A SHEER IDIOT. (I might've mentioned that already, but it bears saying again.) So least to say I LOVED IT. Of course!! Everyone recommended me this book a zillion times and they were a zillion percent right.

Why?! WHY IS IT SO GOOD?! Omg, let me write you a little list:
• First of all Simon is freaki
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I LOVED this book. Loved, with no ifs, ands, or buts.

I don't often read YA for a few reasons. For one, there is nothing I hate more than silly drama, and I feel like so often YA authors resort to petty fighting or similar antics to put a "twist" in their plots. That makes me grumpy, and a grumpy Heather is a low-rating Heather. I don't like to give low ratings.

However, this book has gotten SO much press, so I knew I had to try it. And I'm SO happy that I did.

One thing that is special about YA
Ashley Nuckles
Mar 02, 2017 Ashley Nuckles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this so quickly that I never updated my Goodreads and by the time I got to the end I just kept thinking "it's okay it still feels like there's maybe 20 pages left" before I realized it was a sneak preview at The Upside of Unrequited and my world was crushed.

So yeah, that's how I'm feeling about this.

No but really I loved EVERY. SINGLE. BIT. And I don't know why it took me so long to actually pick this up because Simon is adorable and this story is adorable and even though not knowing wh
April (Aprilius Maximus)
OMG THIS BOOOOOOOOOOOK
Aimee

FOR THE LOVE OF OREOS (which I'm eating right now), GO READ THIS BOOK NOW!

“But I'm tired of coming out. All I ever do is come out. I try not to change, but I keep changing, in all these tiny ways. And every freaking time, I have to reintroduce myself to the universe all over again.”

Guys, Simon is just the most honest, realistic, clever, hilarious and adorable character you'll ever come across. He's a sassy gay teenager with perfect grammar and all the wit in the world--oh how I wish Simon was r
Steph Sinclair
I think I just felt my heart explode in my chest from all the cute! Review to come, but put this on your list, people.
Trina (Between Chapters)
This book was SO good. There are 10 million great things I could say about this book but here's the shortlist:

-It kept me up til 6 am to finish the whole thing.
-It made me cry 3 times. (Big deal because I am not a book crier.)
-I am actually heartbroken that these characters are not real and I am not friends with them.
-OTP status.
-Beautiful, beautiful first love.
-Heck yes, diversity! This book was representative and inclusive of sexual orientations, race, and interracial relationships.
-Fantastic
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
Possibly a 4.5 I haven't decided yet. This was so adorable people are giving me looks on the train because I'm grinning in a possibly frightening level of happiness. I loved this.
Kai
Apr 16, 2015 Kai rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, glbt
“I’m too busy trying not to be in love with someone who isn’t real.”

3.5/5 stars

A quick and fun read. I don't have anything to criticise, really.
The novel and its characters are extremely relatable. The language and the plot are realistic, the characters likeable. Nobody and nothing annoyed me, which doesn't happen too often, believe me.
It was a little guessable, though - I figured mysterious Blue out pretty quickly - but not boring at all.
On the other hand, I was not very emotional about it.

In a
bella ♔
5/5 stars

“Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me.”

Be still, my beating heart. Simon vs. simultaneously grew me a heart and also overloaded it with too many feels. I honestly had to pry my kindle out of my hand because I didn’t want to do anything but read this book.

For some reason I have a hard time gelling with main characters—especially in YA books—but Simon was such a beautiful character I honestly think he won my heart within the first couple of sentences. Everything
Chesca
I CAN’T EVEN.
“ People really are like houses with vast rooms and tiny windows. And maybe it’s a good thing, the way we never stop surprising each other.”

Actual Rating: 4.75 stars
NOTE: I honestly won’t call this a review. It’s a reflection paper.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of the most honest and most uplifting books I’ve ever read. This is not just Simon’s story, but ours too.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO AWAKE IN READING A CONTEMPORARY NOVEL UNTIL THIS-MOUTHFUL-OF-A-TITLE. It’s like dr
мαүғℓσωεя

Okay, can I just start off by saying that I saw this on the internet and COULDN’T resist sharing:
description

Absolute genius, I love it.

Onto the review. . .

So, my **friends** ((that’s a subjective term, I shouldn’t call them my friends, I should refer to them as “The Banes of my Existence”)) forced me to read this book and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised.

This book shares the absolutely adorable plot from “You’ve Got Mail” in which both character meet online due to a tumblr post and have NO id
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

Oh my God, what is happening to me?????

Houston commercial photography

Who am I? Mitchell isn’t gonna like this : (

Houston commercial photography

My apologies. This is just going to be a big hot mess. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of the sweetest little love stories I’ve ever had the pleasure to read. I don’t even know where to begin. Maybe this is one of those times where the book needs to do most of the talking.

Let’s start with our MC . . .

“In reality, I’m not the leading guy. Ma
Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway)
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda isn’t my usual cup of tea. I don’t tend to gravitate towards YA contemporaries, especially not those that are described as “cute” and “adorable”. If I read contemporary, it’s usually for the dark themes, twisted characters or exciting plot. But although this book doesn’t really contain any of these things (though it does deal with some heavier issues) I thought it was fantastic. It’s one of those novels that does everything right, and is entertaining to boot. Re ...more
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Edit 06/30 : Since I can't stop rereading quotes and that my smile turns bigger and bigger, it seems right to upgrade it at a 5 - it's definitely not perfect, but reading it leads to a 5 rating level of happiness. Also, it appears that I'm (maybe) pessimistic. *side-eyes* (view spoiler)

This book was a serious breath of fresh air, and I end up with the biggest smile on my face.

"I take a sip of my beer, and it's - I mean, it's just astonishingly disgusting. I don't think I was
Paula M. of Her Book Thoughts!
I am the grandma. Sorry y'all.

description

I don't think I'll even leave a proper review for this book because A) Even writing the review is boring me and B) nobody will care (I assume) because they all loved it. And I'm glad! Seriously, I am. I wish Simon appealed to me too. I mean, with his adorableness... why wouldn't I like him, right?

But I expected too much. I never expected that it would be THAT boring and THAT mundane. People didn't tell me that this is a diary. And I don't have the time and patience
Christy
5 stars!

photo CBGIF3_zps14b0e697.gif
“Sometimes it seems like everyone knows who I am except me.”

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda is one of the best YA books I’ve read in a long while. I started this book (the 6, almost 7 hour audio) and listened to the entire thing in one day. So I pretty much didn’t read at all, just found useless things to do around the house so I could listen. I loved it so hard!

Meet Simon…

photo woopwoop_zps2mb0fuqp.gif

Simon is amazing. Seriously one of the most lovable and endearing heroes ever. I loved everything about hi
  • Five, Six, Seven, Nate!
  • None of the Above
  • The Porcupine of Truth
  • Gabi, a Girl in Pieces
  • More Happy Than Not
  • Not Otherwise Specified
  • How to Repair a Mechanical Heart
  • Maps (Life According to Maps, #1)
  • All American Boys
  • One Man Guy
  • Under the Lights (Daylight Falls, #2)
  • Wonders of the Invisible World
  • Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel
  • Wildlife (Six Impossible Things/Wildlife #2)
  • The Flywheel
  • Willful Machines
  • Dumplin' (Dumplin', #1)
  • Beautiful Music for Ugly Children
(Photography by Decisive Moment Events)
More about Becky Albertalli...

“Why is straight the default? Everyone should have to declare one way or another, and it shouldn't be this big awkward thing whether you're straight, gay, bi, or whatever. I'm just saying.” 555 likes
“White shouldn't be the default any more than straight should be the default. There shouldn't even be a default.” 442 likes