Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED Team challenges > Team "Cover Bug Bookworms" - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 186 (186 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (last edited Feb 03, 2017 06:28PM) (new)

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9504 comments Mod

message 3: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new)

If you'd like a special team name, just let me know.

Please pick the first puzzle number you'd like to solve and post it over on your reviews/puzzle thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Here's a link to show which numbers are currently available: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Hey y'all! Andrea from north Texas. Copyeditor, tutor, daughter, sister, friend... Most important of all: daughter of the King. Glad to meet all of you (or see you again). Let's do this!

What name and puzzle number would y'all like to start with? (The name we'll keep, but you know what I mean.)

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments Hello! Emily here! I'm a college student studying English Lit in Arizona. I'm a blogger, book reviewer, and copy editor, among other things. I'm very busy but somehow still find - or more like make - time to read. And let's not forget my God, Jesus Christ. Looking forward to getting to know you!

message 7: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments Hello! I'm Staci from central Texas. Go team one!!!

message 8: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments How about puzzle 40? No idea on team name.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello Team! My name is Grace. I am probably the "little sister" of the group at 16 years old. I am a junior in high school, and a proud homeschooler. I enjoy reading fiction and biographies, but I especially love classics. I can't wait to get started! Puzzle 40 sounds fine to me, and I have no suggestions for team names at the moment.

message 10: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments Look forward to getting to know you Grace, Grace and Emily! Andrea and I are already connected through another group.

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Grace wrote: "Hello Team! My name is Grace. I am probably the "little sister" of the group at 16 years old. I am a junior in high school, and a proud homeschooler. I enjoy reading fiction and biographies, but I ..."

I'm 29. So neat that we've got a teen joining in! Glad to have you on our team, Grace. :)

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Emily wrote: "Hello! Emily here! I'm a college student studying English Lit in Arizona. I'm a blogger, book reviewer, and copy editor, among other things. I'm very busy but somehow still find - or more like make..."

A fellow copyeditor! *high five* So happy you're part of Team One.

message 13: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Emily wrote: "Hello! Emily here! I'm a college student studying English Lit in Arizona. I'm a blogger, book reviewer, and copy editor, among other things. I'm very busy but somehow still find - or more like make..."

A fellow copyeditor! *high five* So happy you're part of Team One.

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Staci wrote: "Hello! I'm Staci from central Texas. Go team one!!!"

Texans unite! I'm with you, Staci: This is going to be such fun.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Oh, and 40 looks good to me too.

message 16: by Grace (new)

Grace (thenarnianweekly) | 8 comments Hi, everyone! My name is also Grace, and I am a homeschooled high schooler as well. I am also a book reviewer and blogger, and I read a lot of fiction. I don't have any team name ideas yet, but puzzle 40 sounds fine to me. I can't wait to get started :)

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Two youngsters! Aren't we blessed! So glad to meet you, Grace.

If no one has already put in for 40, I will request it now.

message 18: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Thinking about names...

Bookworms
Page Peddlers
Cover Bugs
Spine Tinglers/Ticklers
Speed Readers
Book Cruisers
Surfin' the Pages (spin off of "surfin' the waves")

Any of those sound good? Did you think of something else?

message 19: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments I know it's simple, but I like bookworms.

message 20: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Staci wrote: "I know it's simple, but I like bookworms."

Know what you mean. That one was cute to me when it popped in my mind.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

You're so creative! I love Cover Bugs, but any of them sound good to me!

message 22: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Grace wrote: "You're so creative! I love Cover Bugs, but any of them sound good to me!"

Aw, thanks. I was surprised so many "play on book terms" names came to me.

message 23: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments It's good to meet all of you! I'm excited! In the last couple challenges I did with Christian Fiction Bloggers, my group didn't chat as much. Oh! and I think I like Cover Bugs best, and puzzle 40 is great.

Yeah, Andrea! A fellow copy editor, at least, I'm trying to be. It's hard to get my name out there. I've only done two books.

I think it's funny that you two girls are both in high school and both named Grace. And I'm not much older, at least it doesn't fell that way. I'm in college and just turned 21 last week.

message 24: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments Nice letter choice Grace!! Grace picked the letter R and there are several in the puzzle. The author's name could be Darryl.

The Wedding Dress is one I hope to read this month.

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Grace: Well done on getting so many letters with one guess!

Emily: It's a nice change, I hope, to have chatter. I like getting to know my teammates and cheering each other on.

I'm nearing the end of Control Girl by Shannon Popkin and recently began Emma by Jane Austen and A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory, #1) by Sarah Sundin . What's up on everyone's reading list right now?

Both Graces: What is the first letter of your last name? May we use "Grace [last initial]" to make things a bit easier in our chatting?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Andrea, Sure thing! Y'all can call me Grace J.

Staci, several of my friends enjoyed it. I personally didnt care for it. I would be interested to hear what you think!

I have a hold on Hollow City (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs and Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3) by Ransom Riggs at my online library. Until they come in I think I will read So Fair a Lady (Daughters of His Kingdom, #1) by Amber Lynn Perry

message 27: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Thanks, Grace J. So Fair a Lady looks incredibly good. And that cover! So beautiful. I usually don't like the chopped off head covers, but that one is stunning.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree! The cover design was the draw for me. I'm a few chapters in and I believe the story will live up to its cover!

message 29: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Oh yay! I am glad when stories live up to or surpass a good cover.

message 30: by Grace (new)

Grace (thenarnianweekly) | 8 comments And you can call me Grace Z. :)

On my reading list I have Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy, #1) by Rae Carson which I just started reading, and A Cup of Dust a Novel of the Dust Bowl by Susie Finkbeiner which I hope to start reading soon.

message 31: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments I was so worried that y'all would have the same last initial! Glad to hear you don't. :)

Grace Z, A Cup of Dust looks really good! I'll be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it once you finish. I haven't heard of it till now, actually. Adding it to my wish list.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Um...I just accidentally read an entire book in six hours. So Fair a Lady is serious 5 star material. Review to come soon, once I sort out all the feels ;)

message 33: by Emily (last edited Feb 03, 2017 01:29PM) (new)

Emily | 203 comments Ooh. Grace J, I'll have to check into that book then.

I'm reading:
A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess A Note Yet Unsung (Belmont Mansion, #3) by Tamera Alexander
And I'm planning on starting these two books soon because I have to get reviews done on the first and second books of both series around Feb 15. Oh, the holes I dig myself into...
Thief of Lies (Library Jumpers, #1) by Brenda Drake How Willa Got Her Groove Back (Creative HeArts, #2; Willa and Finn, #1) by Emily McKay
Ooh! And let's not forget Kings Blood, which I'm on the launch team for! I got it in the mail a couple days ago!
King's Blood (The Kinsman Chronicles, #2) by Jill Williamson

message 34: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments I am so looking forward to Tamera Alexander's latest!

message 35: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments Definitely looking like author's first name is Darryl.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Another possibility is Harris?

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments The author of which book?

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

The puzzle is a book title!

message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments Oh, sorry. I was confused for a sec.

message 40: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments For our team name, what would you think of combining the two we liked: Cover Bug Bookworms

Thoughts?

message 41: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments That is fine or cover bugs works too.

message 42: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments Either works for me.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds good!

message 44: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Grace wrote: "Um...I just accidentally read an entire book in six hours."

Grace J, this cracked me up. Accidentally read an entire book in six hours? Girl, you're hilarious.

And I totally get it.

message 45: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments We were right on Darryl, only it was spelled Darrel. What puzzle do we want next? #27?

message 46: by Emily (new)

Emily | 203 comments Good guess! I would never have figured it out from those scant clues. #27 works for me.

message 47: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments That one word looked like it could be Cassandra, so I searched for that in a title and flipped through pages until I found it.

I think this game is a little like working a crossword puzzle, and I love those. Not always fantastic at them, but I have done them for years. With practice, one may get good at thinking of which letters and words may match up to fill in the blanks. Great fun in the game, for sure.

message 48: by Staci (new)

Staci | 871 comments Nice work Andrea! I've never heard of that author or book. 27 sounds good.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay Andrea!

message 50: by Andrea (last edited Feb 04, 2017 07:05PM) (new)

Andrea Cox (andreacox) | 4311 comments Thanks, y'all. Neither had I, Staci. I was surprised when I found it.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.