YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Luv (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 97 (97 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Abby (last edited Jan 31, 2017 02:21PM) (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Team Luv
Karen
Abby
Carolyn
Aly
Iris

Categories:
- A couple on the cover
- Flowers on the cover
- Envelope or greetings card on the cover
- Food on the cover
- A ring or jewellery on the cover
- A candle on the cover
- Hearts on the cover
- A red cover
- A romance novel
- A book first published in February
- "Date" in the title
- "Love" in the title
- "Secret" in the title
- "Cupid" in the title
- "Kiss" In the title
- Book with an average rating of 4 or more
- Title starting with V, A, L, E, N, T, or I
- Book from this list - https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...
*100 - 199 pages = 1 point
*200 - 299 pages = 2 points
*300 - 399 pages = 3 points
*400 - 499 pages = 4 points
*500 - 599 pages = 5 points
*600+ pages = 6 points
(maximum of 6 points per book)
*Buddy reads DOUBLE your points score, so a 300 page book + buddy read = 6 points. 600 page book + buddy read = 12 points. (Bonus points for buddy reads will only be given if the buddy read has taken place in our group.)

Rules:
* This challenge will run from Feburary 1st to Feburary 28th, with results announced on March 1st.
*Books started before Feburary can be used, but you must only claim the number of pages read in February.
*Buddy reads must still have a minimum of 4 comments to count.
*4 detailed updates can be used instead of a review.
*Re-reads are allowed as long as its been at least a year since you last read the book.
* You can find our regular challenge rules here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Signing in. Hi all. It was nice to get back to a team in January - looking forward to chatting with you all.

message 3: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Looking forward to it too, Karen! I love challenges where you have to fit everything into categories. It's fun trying to figure out what you can read.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I'm just trying to look through some of my ARCs and TBR pile. I'm setting up a shelf of what I'd like to try and read for the Feb challenge. If you want to buddy up for any, let me know.

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I do the same thing where I plan out what I'm gonna read for the entire month so I'm never left wondering what my next book will be.

message 6: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Checking in! Hi Abby!!

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm checking in! We need to crush them, guys.

message 8: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Aly, I'm pretty sure I've been on teams with you more than any other person in this group. lol

message 9: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "I'm checking in! We need to crush them, guys."

You know what they say. Love triumphs over all. ;)

message 10: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Here are the books I'm reading that I need buddy reads for if any of you are interested.

The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next, #1) by Jasper Fforde Rage by Richard Bachman Two Graves (Pendergast, #12) by Douglas Preston Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander, #8) by Diana Gabaldon Alice in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #1) by Lewis Carroll Shadow on the Crown (The Emma of Normandy Trilogy #1) by Patricia Bracewell

message 11: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I don't really know what my first book is.

message 12: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83364 comments Mod
Adding Iris to your team ☺

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Hi Iris

message 14: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Hey Iris

message 15: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments I'm trying to plan my first book.. still trying to finish stuff up for this month

message 16: by Iris (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 690 comments Hi everyone :)
I'm trying to plan my books for this month, don't know what I'll read yet, but there's still a bit of time left :)

message 17: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Hi Irish! I might start reading my book for the challenge a little later. I'm reading a book that I can't seem to get through.

message 18: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I messed up with a NetGalley ARC-ended up with a 5 book series instead of one book (to review by 8th Feb). Not quite sure what I'll start with this month.

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments One day to go...looking forward to this one. Think I'll start with The Raven Boys tomorrow.

message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments So what are the books we are suppose to be reading?

message 21: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "So what are the books we are suppose to be reading?"

I've listed the categories at the top of our thread for our convenience. The books have to fit any of those categories.

message 22: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I 'started' the new Sarah Pinborough and have read 0 pages so far. It's got an average of 4.5 rating, so would it work for the Feb challenge?

message 23: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm gonna read Essential Maps for the Lost. It will fit in the E category.

message 24: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Karen wrote: "I 'started' the new Sarah Pinborough and have read 0 pages so far. It's got an average of 4.5 rating, so would it work for the Feb challenge?"

Yep!

message 25: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Thought so...I've been desperate to read it, but once I start I think I'll find it hard to put down.

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments About halfway through Raven Boys-need a curl up and read day I think!

message 27: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm pretty sure I did good at school today. More reading later. I read 92 pages at school today, so it's a good start.

message 28: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments I like to read multiple books at once. Currently have 2 on Kindle and one audiobook.
Written in My Own Heart's Blood: I'll be reading this on and off for the whole month.
Two Graves
Alice in Wonderland on audio. This will probably be the first I finish.

message 29: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I read a little bit more this afternoon. Page 124.

message 30: by Iris (new)

Iris (purplexlady) | 690 comments I'm reading Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver... don't know how I feel about it, but I just read a bit over 100 pages

message 31: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I found it odd, until you get to the end.

message 32: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Well I posted my first review earlier today.

It may not have been the highest page count. I couldn't view all the other versions when I posted.

message 33: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm so close to being done. I'm hoping I can post today.

message 34: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments What would Wink, Poppy, Midnight fall in for the category?

message 35: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "What would Wink, Poppy, Midnight fall in for the category?"

There are some flowers on the cover.

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Karen. You are on fire reading all those books!

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I'm trying to put off doing the things I ought to be doing!

message 38: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Haha...

message 39: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Making my way through another book. Should be done tonight. Going to the movies now. Haven't gone in awhile.

message 40: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments You guys are making me feel slow. I've been running childcare for an event all weekend, so I'm a bit behind, but will be free from that come Monday until 2 weeks from now when I have to do it all again.

message 41: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm slowly trying to get through yet another book. This one might take me awhile.

message 42: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Posting another review tomorrow

message 43: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments I'm trying to focus on a few BRs-see if we can max points.

message 44: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Posting a review tomorrow!!!!!

message 45: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I feel bad that I haven't posted a review in awhile.

message 46: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments Carolyn wrote: "I feel bad that I haven't posted a review in awhile."

We still have 3 weeks! No worries. :)

message 47: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I reviewed another book today!

message 48: by Abby (new)

Abby | 5454 comments We're killing it, ladies!

message 49: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments I'll do my best to keep getting them in at the same pace.

message 50: by Karen (new)

Karen Barber | 10142 comments Excellent effort all...I still have a week until holiday (hoping for some catch-up reading then)

« previous 1