Rated YA-MA discussion

Reading Challenges > Challenge 4 of 2016: Finish What you Started!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 191 (191 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Gremlin (last edited Oct 04, 2016 02:20PM) (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Oh my goodness, Friends.
It’s my favoritest, shelf-clearing-est, catch-up challenge of the year.
At long last, we get to FINISH WHAT WE STARTED!

description

This delightful, end-of-the year challenge runs from October 1 through December 31, 2016.

Read books from the following " finally get around to" categories to participate:

One (or more) of any books in a series that you've started but not continued in over 6 months (Prior to 4/1/2016). It can be an ongoing or a completed book series.
One or more of the books that have been on your TBR (To Be Read) Goodreads bookshelf for 6 months or more (Prior to 4/1/2016)
One or more of any book that you've had in your possession for 6 months or more. Physical or ebook, owned or borrowed! (Waiting to be read since 4/1/2016 or earlier). Obviously we'll have to use the honor system for this one. :)
Any book that you previously started, but never finished for some reason (Prior to 4/1/2016) - Feel free to peruse your "put down" folders ;)

The Goal is to read 6 books. Feel free to Mix and Match!

Nitty-Gritty Details:
-No Books with a pub date falling after 4/1/2016.
-Books must be more than 150 pages to qualify
-Audio books are allowed
-No more than 3 books from the same series
-No more than 3 newer releases from 2016 will be allowed (must be published prior to 4/1/2016)
-1 non-YA book is allowed (Non-YA = middle grade, New Adult, or Adult).

I'll be keeping track of participants progress (as much as possible) in post #2. Participants will be listed alphabetically by their name and the number on the post made to declare their participation.

When posting your progress, please remember to use the number of that original post as well.

Let’s see how much we can catch up on, readers!
TO THE BOOKSTACKS!!

message 2: by Gremlin (last edited Jan 04, 2017 03:18PM) (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments *
Completed TWO rounds of the challenge!!
Kelly
Christie
Jennifer

Completed one round of the challenge!!
Kelly
Christie
Barb
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
Candice
Jennifer
Hillary
Amber
Kdbrand
Casey
Melanie
Gabriela
Diane

Participants:
*Amber #8 – 6/6 (1 non-YA) Additional: 1
Amy #6 – 4/6
Anna #14 – 5/6
*Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* #21 - 6/6
*Barb #17 – 6/6
*Candice #28 - 6/6
*Casey #19 – 6/6
Cintia #63 - 2/6
**Christie #10 – 6/6 ROUND 2: 6/6!!
*Diane #5 – 6/6 (1 non-ya)
*Gabriela #4 – 6/6 (1 non-ya)
Ginger-red #26 - 1/6
Gremlin #3 – 2/6 (1 non-ya)
*Hillary #30 - 6/6
**Jennifer #15 – 6/6 ROUND 2: 6/6
*Kdbrand #7 – 6/6 (1 non-ya)
**Kelly #16 – 6/6 (one non-ya) ROUND 2: 6/6!!
Laurel [suspected bibliophile] #12 – 5/6
*Melanie #9 – 6/6
Rachel #20 –
Stephanie #155 –
Veronica #18 – 5/6

message 3: by Gremlin (last edited Nov 08, 2016 02:31PM) (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments And I'm in! (In the most sincere hopes that I'll actually finish a dang challenge this year!!!)

Possibilities (to remind myself):
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs James Tiptree, Jr. The Double Life of Alice B. Sheldon by Julie Phillips Rupetta by Nike Sulway Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch, #1) by Ann Leckie Reached (Matched, #3) by Ally Condie UnWholly (Unwind, #2) by Neal Shusterman Scar Girl (The Scar Boys, #2) by Len Vlahos Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery Emily of New Moon (Emily, #1) by L.M. Montgomery Going Bovine by Libba Bray The Dark Is Rising (The Dark is Rising #2) by Susan Cooper A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Cycle, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin Troll A Love Story by Johanna Sinisalo The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon The Milk of Birds by Sylvia Whitman Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by Robin LaFevers Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater Fire (Graceling Realm, #2) by Kristin Cashore Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) by Kristin Cashore Dune (Dune Chronicles #1) by Frank Herbert City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Trash by Andy Mulligan The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1 (Chrestomanci, #1-2) by Diana Wynne Jones

Completed:
A Trick of the Light (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #7) by Louise Penny (adult)

message 4: by Gabriela (last edited Dec 31, 2016 04:55AM) (new)

Gabriela I'm in!! I love this challenge :)

Completed: 6/6

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss TBR - Adult
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake Owned
Spirit (Elemental, #3) by Brigid Kemmerer Series
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon Owned
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon Owned
The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner TBR

message 5: by Diane (last edited Dec 31, 2016 02:29PM) (new)

Diane | 1234 comments OK count me in - I was going to skip this one to work on my personal challenge but many overlap so we shall see how I do.

Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer series I have not read more than 6 months - Finished 10/5/2016
Partials (Partials Sequence, #1) by Dan Wells owned over 6 months Finished 10/29/2016
Trail of Broken Wings by Sejal Badani finished 11/13/2016 Adult - owned more than 6 months
The Ghost Files 2 (The Ghost Files, #2) by Apryl Baker finished 11/26/2016 series I have not continued more than 6 months (also owned and TBR more than 6 months)
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski owned over 6 months finished 12/1/2016
Abhorsen (Abhorsen, #3) by Garth Nix Have not continued the series more than 6 months. Finished 12/31/2016

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments Count me in please. :-)

message 7: by Kdbrand (last edited Dec 19, 2016 06:55AM) (new)

Kdbrand | 353 comments I'm in as well!

Possibilities:
The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist, #4) by Rick Yancey The Death Cure (Maze Runner, #3) by James Dashner Fugitives (Escape from Furnace, #4) by Alexander Gordon Smith Game (Jasper Dent, #2) by Barry Lyga The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker, #2) by Paolo Bacigalupi Among the Enemy (Shadow Children, #6) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Ashen Winter (Ashfall, #2) by Mike Mullin Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3) by Beth Revis

Completed 6/6

TBR: Mirror Images by G.A. Edwards The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson
Series: The Final Descent (The Monstrumologist, #4) by Rick Yancey Fugitives (Escape from Furnace, #4) by Alexander Gordon Smith
Owned over 6 months: Flash Point by Sneed B. Collard III Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini (Non-YA)

message 8: by Amber (last edited Dec 20, 2016 06:53AM) (new)

Amber (amberm867) I'm in too!

POSSIBILITIES:

Series:

The Queen of Attolia (The Queen's Thief, #2) by Megan Whalen Turner Seeing Redd (The Looking Glass Wars, #2) by Frank Beddor Perry's Killer Playlist (Perry & Gobi, #2) by Joe Schreiber

TBR:

The Wrath & the Dawn (The Wrath & the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh

Owned:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

COMPLETE:
The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil, #1) by Soman Chainani Rebel of the Sands (Rebel of the Sands, #1) by Alwyn Hamilton Uprooted by Naomi Novik The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella -TBR
Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3) by Ally Carter The Forgotten Sisters (Princess Academy, #3) by Shannon Hale -Series

message 9: by Melanie, mod prime (last edited Oct 05, 2016 02:06AM) (new)

Melanie | 1194 comments And me too!

Potential Candidates (I already own ALL of these books, yet still I undoubtedly will not read them all)
1. Series
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3) by Amie Kaufman Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor The Emperor of Nihon-Ja (Ranger's Apprentice #10) by John Flanagan Rogue (Talon #2) by Julie Kagawa The Last Ever After (The School for Good and Evil, #3) by Soman Chainani

2. TBR
Leviathan Wakes (Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger

3. Owned
The Last Unicorn (The Last Unicorn, #1) by Peter S. Beagle (physical book) Dreamtreaders (Dreamtreaders, #1) by Wayne Thomas Batson A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas All the Rage by Courtney Summers The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence (ebooks)

4. Started
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill Gregor the Overlander (Underland Chronicles, #1) by Suzanne Collins Insanity (Insanity #1) by Cameron Jace The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #0.5) by Trenton Lee Stewart

message 10: by Christie (last edited Dec 05, 2016 12:12PM) (new)

Christie (cereale) I'm in. I will pretty much be exclusively reading from the first category since I have a lot of series to catch up on:

Sent (The Missing, #2) by Margaret Peterson Haddix (non-YA) Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3) by Gail Carriger Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard (new release 2/16) This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter The Traitor in the Tunnel (The Agency, #3) by Y.S. Lee Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2) by Kendare Blake

(Yeah I have a LOT to catch up on.)
Finished
The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab Outpost (Razorland, #2) by Ann Aguirre This Shattered World (Starbound, #2) by Amie Kaufman Sent (The Missing, #2) by Margaret Peterson Haddix Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Waistcoats & Weaponry (Finishing School, #3) by Gail Carriger Beastly Bones (Jackaby, #2) by William Ritter Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2) by Victoria Aveyard Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo The Traitor in the Tunnel (The Agency, #3) by Y.S. Lee Mortal Gods (Goddess War, #2) by Kendare Blake

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Can we do ARCs if we've had them over 6 months?

message 12: by laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (last edited Dec 20, 2016 03:47AM) (new)

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) I'm in!

The pool:
Writing on the Wall (Survival, #1) by Tracey Ward Not Every Girl by Jane McGarry Reflection The Stranger in the Mirror (Records of the Ohanzee #1) by Rachel R. Smith Obsidian Eyes by A.W. Exley Seeds of Discovery (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #1) by Breeana Puttroff The Ugly Stepsister (Unfinished Fairy Tales, #1) by Aya Ling Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1) by Elise Kova Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper #1) by Ruth Silver Insanity (Insanity #1) by Cameron Jace Freak of Nature (IFICS, #1) by Julia Crane Fire Country (The Country Saga, #1) by David Estes The Second Wave (Meta, #2) by Tom Reynolds The Storyspinner (The Keepers' Chronicles, #1) by Becky Wallace

Read: 5/6: Writing on the Wall (Survival, #1) by Tracey Ward (owned) Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter (owned)(adult) Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers (TBR) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (TBR) Front Lines (Soldier Girl, #1) by Michael Grant (TBR)

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater does this book (Published 26/4/2016) count as one of my 3 newer releasers or can't be counted at all because it's too new?

message 14: by Anna (last edited Nov 18, 2016 07:35PM) (new)

Anna | 199 comments I'm in! I'm going to try to get at least one from each category.

Completed: 5/6

TBR - Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #1) by James A. Owen

Series- Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas

DNF- Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard

Own- Monster by Walter Dean Myers

Possibilities:
Series- Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia
TBR- The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #1) by James A. Owen
Own- Monster by Walter Dean Myers Crows & Cards by Joseph Helgerson The Ring and the Crown (The Ring and the Crown, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Things Fall Apart (The African Trilogy, #1) by Chinua Achebe (non-ya)
DNF- Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard

message 15: by Jennifer (last edited Dec 31, 2016 05:46PM) (new)

Jennifer | 384 comments TBR - Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman Infinity (Chronicles of Nick, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker Lockdown (Escape from Furnace, #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker (adult)
Own - Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa M. Klein Entwined by Heather Dixon Strange Angels (Strange Angels, #1) by Lili St. Crow Landry Park (Landry Park, #1) by Bethany Hagen
Series - Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas The Lord of Opium (Matteo Alacran #2) by Nancy Farmer Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2) by Elizabeth May Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3) by Kim Harrison (adult)
DNF - Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles, #1) by Melina Marchetta The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #1) by Michael Scott

Finished: Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman Entwined by Heather Dixon Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Golem and the Jinni (The Golem and the Jinni, #1) by Helene Wecker (adult) The Witch Hunter (The Witch Hunter, #1) by Virginia Boecker Lockdown (Escape from Furnace, #1) by Alexander Gordon Smith Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa M. Klein

message 16: by Kelly (last edited Nov 22, 2016 09:20PM) (new)

Kelly (kellyleanna) I'm in!

Round 1:
The Uninvited by Cat Winters - 10/4 (owned, non-YA); Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) by Leah Cypess - 10/5 (owned); Daughters Unto Devils by Amy Lukavics - 10/13 (owned); Survive the Night by Danielle Vega - 10/16 (owned); The Fall by Bethany Griffin - 10/23 (started); The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2) by Maureen Johnson - 10/25 (series)

Round 2:
Half Lost (The Half Bad Trilogy, #3) by Sally Green - 11/3 (series); Me Since You by Laura Wiess - 11/10 (owned); Starling (Starling, #1) by Lesley Livingston - 11/15 (owned); Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë - 11/15 (started, non-YA); Cat Girl's Day Off by Kimberly Pauley - 11/20 (owned); Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider - 11/22 (TBR)

message 17: by Barb (last edited Nov 21, 2016 08:33PM) (new)

Barb I'm in. I'm quite far behind on my reading goal for the year, so this will hopefully help me. I haven't felt like reading anything!

Finished-
10/13 - All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven 10/15 - The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen 10/24 - The Paper Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #1) by Charlie N. Holmberg 10/26 - The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater 10/31 - The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2) by Charlie N. Holmberg 11/21 - Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch

Here's my possibilities --
TBR - Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by Robin LaFevers All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray Beauty Queens by Libba Bray Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
Owned - Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor
Series - The Girl in the Clockwork Collar (Steampunk Chronicles, #2) by Kady Cross The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa

message 18: by Veronica (last edited Dec 30, 2016 06:45PM) (new)

Veronica (veronica_mitchell) | 52 comments Count me in! I have lots of catching up to do on my TBR.

Possibilities:

Series - Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2) by Amber Kizer Deep Betrayal (Lies Beneath, #2) by Anne Greenwood Brown Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) by Kresley Cole Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon, #2) by Ellen Schreiber Arise (Hereafter, #2) by Tara Hudson

TBR - The Lost Sun (The United States of Asgard, #1) by Tessa Gratton Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1) by Jennifer Estep Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter

Own - The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey Call of the Forgotten, #1) by Julie Kagawa Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) by Alyson Noel Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken

Completed:
Arise (Hereafter, #2) by Tara Hudson Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1) by Jennifer Estep The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2) by Kresley Cole

message 19: by Casey (last edited Dec 28, 2016 08:08PM) (new)

Casey Anderson | 637 comments I'm in. I don't have as much I've been meaning to read that I want to read. But I'm sure I'll find something.

I need to pick up the Percy Jackson Series again, I think I stopped on book 3. Will it count as YA?

Ideas:

First Truth (Truth, #1) by Dawn Cook on my physical to read for over a year Moby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville started ages ago, never finished Dune (Dune Chronicles, #1) by Frank Herbert started years ago, not finished The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan stopped the series a couple years ago

Completed:

First Truth (Truth, #1) by Dawn Cook physical bookshelf over a year
Envy (Luxe, #3) by Anna Godbersen Series i haven't continued in 6 mo
Narcissus in Chains (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #10) by Laurell K. Hamilton Series I stopped reading, Adult
The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan series i hadn't continued
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor series I hadn't continued
Witchlight (Night World, #9) by L.J. Smith series I hadn't continued

message 20: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 560 comments I always look forward to this challenge, too! I'm in!

message 21: by Ashley Marie (last edited Dec 23, 2016 05:37AM) (new)

Ashley Marie I'm in too! Hopefully I don't forget about it.

currently reading
Little Women - owned (2015)

finished
TBR
- Warm Bodies - 7Oct16 (2015)
- Miss Spitfire: Reaching Helen Keller - 9Oct16 (2014)
- Promise of the Wolves - 13Oct16 (2014)
- V for Vendetta - 20Nov16 (2014)
- Assassin's Creed: Renaissance - 18Dec16 (2015)

SERIES
-

OWNED
- Rebecca - 25Oct16 - non-YA (2014)
- The Golden Compass - 12Nov16

PICKED BACK UP
-

message 22: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Amy wrote: "The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater does this book (Published 26/4/2016) count as one of my 3 newer releasers or can't be counted at all because it's too new?"

Sadly, I believe this one doesn't count. We're trying to avoid any actual new releases - so nothing with a pub date prior to 4/1/2016.

I've encountered the exact same problem in years past. Ha! (Specifically with Maggie S!).

message 23: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Can we do ARCs if we've had them over 6 months?"

Ha! Great question and I could see how this is almost a loophole! But in the spirit of the challenge, I'd say nothing that has (or will be) coming out after 4/1/2016.

message 24: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments Bummer but no problem. I have other options. Thanks you

message 25: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Gremlin wrote: "Amy wrote: "The Raven King (The Raven Cycle, #4) by Maggie Stiefvater does this book (Published 26/4/2016) count as one of my 3 newer releasers or can't be counted at all because it's too new?"

Sadly, I believe this on..."

Gremlin, I think you mean nothing with a pub date AFTER 4/1/2016, as opposed to before.

message 26: by Ginger-red (last edited Dec 26, 2016 04:08PM) (new)

Ginger-red | 26 comments I think I'll have a go at this challenge. I enjoyed the last one :)

Completed Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer 24th December

message 27: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Gremlin, I think you mean nothing with a pub date AFTER 4/1/2016, as opposed to before.."

Haha! Yes. That is indeed what I meant.

message 28: by Candice (last edited Dec 03, 2016 12:39AM) (new)

Candice (locomonobano) | 78 comments Oh my gosh, this is what I have been trying to do the last few months! Can I participate as well? I literally just finished Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater yesterday after it had been on my shelf since it was released!

Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3) by Ally Carter - finished 10.21.16
Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1) by Rosamund Hodge - finished 10.30.16
Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram - finished 11.02.16
Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder - finished 11.06.16
Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan - finished 11.26.16 (not YA)
Storm Siren (Storm Siren, #1) by Mary Weber - finished 12.01.16

woo hoo!

message 29: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Candice wrote: "Oh my gosh, this is what I have been trying to do the last few months! Can I participate as well? I literally just finished Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater yesterday after it had been on my shelf since ..."

You're totally welcome to participate - jump on board! And if you started Shiver on or after 10/1, you're welcome to count that as one of your reads!

message 30: by Hillary (last edited Dec 04, 2016 08:06PM) (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments Im in. With any luck I will be able to finish this one. 2 months of the last challenge I was unable to read because of work thanks to the flood. I miss reading!

Complete: 6/6!

Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr owned since release in 2012! 10/13/16
Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4) by Kevin Hearne on TBR since Dec 2011 O_O 10/18/16 adult
Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White finished series that haven't read in 6+ months...or you know...4years. 10/22/16
Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater 11/3/16 Owned since pre-order was available :P
Redeemed (House of Night, #12) by P.C. Cast 11/21/16 Owned/been on TBR longer than I wish to admit and I am grateful there are no more in this nightmare. Er. Series. Yeah..
Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin 12/4 Been on my shelf for forever, since before the movie.

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Read 1/6! Writing on the Wall (Survival, #1) by Tracey Ward (owned).

Just celebrating the fact that I actually read a book from my potential pool. This almost never happens.

Post #12 is updated.

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Gremlin wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Can we do ARCs if we've had them over 6 months?"

Ha! Great question and I could see how this is almost a loophole! But in the spirit of the challenge, I'd sa..."

Lol oh darn. Well, it was worth a try! I've got a couple I need to power through. I'm like a dog seeing a horde of squirrels with my TBR.

message 33: by Gremlin (last edited Oct 06, 2016 09:42AM) (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Gremlin wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Lol oh darn. Well, it was worth a try! I've got a couple I need to power through. I'm like a dog seeing a horde of squirrels with my TBR. "

I feel you on this! I've got so many hoarded books (including a wealth of ARCs!).

If you wanted to do a bonus round to your challenge (once you've read your first 6), I'd totally count any ARCs you've had for more than 6 months. Heck - I might even add that bonus level for myself! (Assuming I finally complete the challenge this time... ha!).

message 34: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (kellyleanna) Finished my first two - The Uninvited by Cat Winters (non-YA) and Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) by Leah Cypess , both of which I've owned for over a year. Glad I finally got around to reading the first one.
Updated post #16.

message 35: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Updated post #21

message 36: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Updated post #21"

Hi Ashley! It's great to update your original post so you can keep track of where you're at - but can you also mention what you've completed in your comment? (to save me from scrolling around to find your first post).

Looking at your original post - did you complete one today?

laurel [the suspected bibliophile] (laurelthereader) Gremlin wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Gremlin wrote: "laurel [suspected bibliophile] wrote: "Lol oh darn. Well, it was worth a try! I've got a couple I need to power through. I'm like a dog seeing..."

Ooooh, good challenge. I tentatively accept (barring this challenge, work and school).

message 38: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments Update post #6 Finished Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman - book I previously started but never finished. Don't know why I put it down the first time as I really enjoyed it this time. Disturbing at times but a good read.

message 39: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Gremlin wrote: "Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Updated post #21"

Hi Ashley! It's great to update your original post so you can keep track of where you're at - but can you also mention what you've completed in..."

Fixed it, Gremlin!

message 40: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Amy wrote: "Update post #6 Finished Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman - book I previously started but never finished. Don't know why I put it down the first time as I really enjoyed it this time. Disturbing at times b..."

Ohhhh that's one of my favorite books Amy! Glad you enjoyed it!

message 41: by Amy (new)

Amy | 237 comments Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Amy wrote: "Update post #6 Finished Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman - book I previously started but never finished. Don't know why I put it down the first time as I really enjoyed it this time. Disturbin..."

Yeah it was great Ashley. Can't wait to read the rest.

message 42: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1234 comments Finished #1 - Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer from a series I have not read for more than 6 months. updated post #6

message 43: by Christie (new)

Christie (cereale) Finished my first The Unbound (The Archived, #2) by Victoria Schwab . Series I started but haven't continued in 6 months. Updated post #10.

message 44: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Good reading, everyone! I've updated all the reading numbers from this weekend :)

message 45: by Anna (new)

Anna | 199 comments Finished my first. It has been on my TBR list since June 2013.
Here, There Be Dragons (Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #1) by James A. Owen
updated #14

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberm867) Finished #1 - The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan . This has been on my TBR list since Sept 2015.

Updated original post# 8.

message 47: by Gremlin (new)

Gremlin | 966 comments Updated

message 48: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) | 759 comments Finished 1st. Updated #30

Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr owned since release in 2012! Been on tbr about 5 months prior to that.

Thats one knocked off the huge mound of books i own that are unread...only 500+ to go!

message 49: by Ashley Marie (new)

Ashley Marie Gah all of my books so far have fallen into the TBR category. Nothing yet for continuing a series or owned books, grrrr.

message 50: by Barb (new)

Barb Finished my first, on my TBR since March.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

updated post 17

« previous 1 3 4