A Stitcher's Book Club discussion

Archives > What'd you read in October?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie Marie (last edited Nov 02, 2016 08:28AM) (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) Tell us the books you've read in October! I'll start to populate this thread with covers. You may post them all at the end of the month or one book at a time as you go. How many books will our group read in just 31 days? In September, we read 54 books. Let's see if we can surpass that!

Sudden Death (Andy Carpenter #4) by David Rosenfelt Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury Play Dead (Andy Carpenter #6) by David Rosenfelt Freedom's Landing (Catteni, #1) by Anne McCaffrey New Tricks (Andy Carpenter #7) by David Rosenfelt Dog Tags (Andy Carpenter #8) by David Rosenfelt One Dog Night (Andy Carpenter #9) by David Rosenfelt Leader of the Pack (Andy Carpenter #10) by David Rosenfelt Azazel by Isaac Asimov Road to Nowhere by Christopher Pike The Hawley Book of the Dead by Chrysler Szarlan Fíasól og litla ljónaránið by Kristín Helga Gunnarsdóttir My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish (My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish, #1) by Mo O'Hara Be Careful What You Wish For... (Goosebumps, #12) by R.L. Stine Unleashed (Andy Carpenter #11) by David Rosenfelt Hounded (Andy Carpenter #12) by David Rosenfelt Who Let the Dog Out? (Andy Carpenter, #13) by David Rosenfelt Outfoxed (Andy Carpenter, #14) by David Rosenfelt 12 Dogs of Christmas by Steven Paul Leiva Freedom's Choice (Catteni, #2) by Anne McCaffrey Dissolution (Matthew Shardlake, #1) by C.J. Sansom The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1) by Lisa Gardner My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite, #1) by Robert Dugoni Her Final Breath (Tracy Crosswhite, #2) by Robert Dugoni Creatures of Appetite by Todd Travis Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult Death of a Pumpkin Carver (Hayley Powell Mystery) by Lee Hollis American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Lizzie's Christmas Escape by Christie Barlow Remember by Shannon Dermott Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber One Was Lost by Natalie D. Richards A Baxter Family Christmas (The Baxter Family #1) by Karen Kingsbury Pressed to Death (A Perfectly Proper Paranormal Museum Mystery) by Kirsten Weiss Deadly Dog Days (A Dog Days Mystery #1) by Jamie M. Blair Forget Me Knot (A Quilting Mystery, #1) by Mary Marks Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik Är du feg Alfons Åberg? by Gunilla Bergström Hitler 30 örlagastundir by Illugi Jökulsson Gerviaugað by Helgi Jónsson New York to Dallas (In Death, #33) by J.D. Robb Knot In My Backyard (A Quilting Mystery, #2) by Mary Marks

The Green Mile by Stephen King

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake x3

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished Sudden Death. I'm really liking this series. It's borderline cozy mystery/procedural drama. I'm digg'n it.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Sanchez Just finished Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I'm really liking a lot of the "banned or challenged" books.

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Read another one in the Andy Carpenter series, Play Dead.

message 5: by Dana (last edited Oct 05, 2016 11:41PM) (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
First two done for this month - The Green Mile and Freedom's Landing

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished another one in the series, New Tricks. Gonna take a break from the series now, as I need to read some other books this month.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished Dog Tags. So much for taking a break from this series....

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Another 2 down - Azazel and Road to Nowhere

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments I've done NONE of the reading I planned this month. I've become completely addicted to this series. Anyhoo, I finished a few more:
Unleashed and Hounded by David Rosenfelt.

message 12: by Heather (new)

message 13: by Jessie Marie (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) Heather wrote: "I've done NONE of the reading I planned this month. I've become completely addicted to this series. Anyhoo, I finished a few more:
Unleashed and Hounded by [author:D..."

Hey. If it works, no need to change it. : ) Especially if you're enjoying the books.

message 14: by Dana (last edited Oct 17, 2016 12:22AM) (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Finished Freedom's Choice, the second book in the Catteni series

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 35 comments I've just finished dissolution by c j sansom. I know I'm very behind. 2 weeks of having the flu meant I couldn't concentrate on reading as well as being slow.

message 16: by Þórdís (new)

Þórdís (disa80) Finished The Perfect Husband by Lisa Gardner, My Sister's Grave and Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni
and just finished Creatures of Appetite by Todd Travis which just blew me away.

message 17: by Þórdís (new)

Þórdís (disa80) Catherine wrote: "I've just finished dissolution by c j sansom. I know I'm very behind. 2 weeks of having the flu meant I couldn't concentrate on reading as well as being slow."

I always like the fact that reading, unlike so many other things in life, is not a race. As long as you enjoy the book it doesn't matter how long it takes you to read it :)

message 18: by Keri (last edited Oct 20, 2016 08:04AM) (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Ive not kept up with all the books ive read. I did just finish Small Great Things. This is a fabulous, thought provoking book by Jodi Picoult. It deals with race, justice, prejudice and privilege .

message 20: by Dana (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Finished American Psycho and while I enjoyed it, it took me way longer than it should of and thrown me off pace a bit

message 21: by Jessie Marie (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) I just finished my audiobook of Anna Dressed in Blood. Though it was a reread for me, it was still pretty good. I love Kendare's inability to care of about norms of YA - she includes some pretty hefty violence, touches on some dark topics and isn't afraid of swear words. But the narrator... he left a lot to be desired. It's never good when you realize that your narrator is reading, rather than performing.

message 22: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments Ok. Finally made a list of other books I have read or listened to this month.

Audio books : Prisoner of Azkaban and Vision in White by Nora Roberts. For Nora Roberts, I prefer the actual book, but I enjoyed the re-read. If you haven't listened to Jim Dale narrate the Harry Potter books, you need to get on it now.

Books I didn't enjoy...
Last Seen Leaving by Cale Roehrig
Lizzie's Christmas Escape by Christie Barlow

Books I did enjoy:
Remember by Shandon Dermott
12 Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber
One Was Lost by Natalie D Richards
Baxter Family Christmas by Karen Kingsbury

message 23: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments Finished Pressed to Death by Kirsten Weiss. The second in a cozy mystery series I've been enjoying. This one was good, but not as good as the last one.

Also finished Deadly Dog Days by Jamie M. Blair. I *think* this is the first in a new cozy mystery series, but I'm not sure. GoodReads doesn't list it in a series, but it seems like it is. It was ok. Not sure I'd continue on with the series, though.

I've pretty much given up on any planned reading for this month. =\

message 24: by Heather (new)

message 25: by Dana (new)

Dana | 156 comments Mod
Dont think i will get anything else finished this month, so finally I finished Eragon

message 26: by Jessie Marie (new)

Jessie Marie (jessiemreads) Heather wrote: "I've pretty much given up on any planned reading for this month. =\ "

Me, too. But it is okay. : )

I just finished up His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik. Super excellent. Reimagined historical fantasy - dragons and the Napoleonic wars. Novik is so good. And Simon Vance rocks as a narrator.

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather | 131 comments I think I forgot to post that I finished The Twelve Dogs of Christmas by David Rosenfelt. I finished that right after Outfoxed, which has already been added.

I also just finished Knot In My Backyard by Mary Marks. That'll be my last finish this month.

message 29: by Keri (new)

Keri Phillips  | 167 comments I did finally finish Anna dressed in blood. really liked it!