What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Sisters? Dangerous forest? Linked animal companions. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shauna (new)

Shauna | 4 comments Okay so I've read the sample of this book on my nook forever ago and now i cant find it/ dont know what its called. I'm pretty sure it was mainly a fantasy plot type book. The sample described sisters(i think) who have been trained to do a job (I'm pretty sure like deliver souls or something) and the beginning scene is kinda like before they become into their roles they've been training for. I remember something about a forest and how people shouldn't go into it because they wouldn't come back or something so only the girl with the job can go in and come out to deliver the souls i think. Also Since there were two girls, one girl was connected to a dog type beast and the other girl connected to some type of feline beast. Please help!

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 184 comments You might want to change the thread title to something that describes the plot ... like "sisters collect souls, go into a forest" or something like that.

message 3: by Candis (new)

Candis (rockyhorrorbookshow) | 11 comments Are you sure it's sisters and not one women...the beginning of your description sounds a bit like Cruel Beauty but there is only one girl in training!

message 4: by Shauna (new)

Shauna | 4 comments Candis wrote: "Are you sure it's sisters and not one women...the beginning of your description sounds a bit like Cruel Beauty but there is only one girl in training!"

No im sure there were two because one was connected to like a fox type animal and the other girl to like a hound.

message 5: by Shauna (new)

Shauna | 4 comments I seriously can't find any information about this book anywhere

message 6: by Kris (last edited Aug 21, 2016 06:26PM) (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong seems to match your description. One Amazon reviewer says, "...animal companions...Daigo is a wildcat that belongs to Moria and Ashyn has Tova, a Hound of the Immortals (a big dog). These animals have a special connection to their charges and they protect each other fiercely."

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com "fantasy" sisters souls forest dog companion

If that's not your book, what year did you read the sample?

Is this book for children, young adults/teens, or older adults?

message 7: by Shauna (new)

Shauna | 4 comments Yes! That's the sample!! Thank you!! Whenever I googled it nothing came up!

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36067 comments Mod
Glad we could help!

To narrow down the Google results, I often limit the search to a specific site like Goodreads or Amazon using -- site:www.goodreads.com or site:www.amazon.com

Also, here are some sites that people use to find books -- www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1813138-... (Message #5)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cruel Beauty (other topics)
Sea of Shadows (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kelley Armstrong (other topics)