Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Proposed Schedule for Gentleman Bastard

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
The Lies of Locke Lamora (read)
Red Seas Under Red Skies (Aug 10?)
The Republic of Thieves (Sept 1?)
The Thorn of Emberlain (comes out Sept 22nd)

I've read book one and it was great. The 4th book comes out the 22nd of September and I'd like to read it then. Allowing a lot of time for people to read book one and then three weeks each for books 2 and 3 is anybody up for this tentative schedule?

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1767 comments I've read the first three. A reread is probably unrealistic to try for (for me) but I'd definitely be wanting to read the new one if it actually comes out when planned.

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
I'm also in for the fourth one.

message 4: by Eszter (new)

Eszter (eszterjk) I'm in! I've read the first one a few months ago with a friend, so I'd love to continue reading the series with people.

message 5: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

I hope you both love it. I still find I like the first one best, but the whole series is one of my favourites.

message 6: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Eszter wrote: "I'm in! I've read the first one a few months ago with a friend, so I'd love to continue reading the series with people."

Sweet so at least two of us for books 2 and 3 and then a host for book 4.

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 117 comments I'd be up for book 1, sometime in late July probably.

message 8: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Tracey the Lizard Queen wrote: "I'd be up for book 1, sometime in late July probably."

Again, I'm not doing a re-read, but anyone who hasn't read Lies of Locke Lamora, you should join Tracey.
I wanted to do a re-read of the series before the fourth one comes out, but I currently have the first one lent out. :(

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Tracey the Lizard Queen wrote: "I'd be up for book 1, sometime in late July probably."

I did book one in April so it's fresh in my mind. If people do a read here of it I'll definitely contribute. There's a character called Chains that I simply love.

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 117 comments Its been on my radar for years now, just never got round to it. There's just not enough time for all these great books!

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Tracey the Lizard Queen wrote: "Its been on my radar for years now, just never got round to it. There's just not enough time for all these great books!"

Agreed. I still have 28 books in my queue that I've bought at great sale prices I haven't even gotten to yet.

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 117 comments I have 3 on loan from the library, 1 for another group read, 1 that I got last week from my husband, 5 from NetGalley, and another 5 I got from publishers/authors for review.

I never learn though, I just keep adding more!

My plan is to have them all done by the end of August, but I'm not holding my breath.

message 13: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3591 comments Mod
Tracey I would be keen to read the first one as it's been on my TBR for ages. Not until August though if you were keen?

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 117 comments Angela wrote: "Tracey I would be keen to read the first one as it's been on my TBR for ages. Not until August though if you were keen?"

August would be great!

message 15: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3591 comments Mod
Excellent looking forward to it.

Tracey the Lizard Queen | 117 comments Angela wrote: "Excellent looking forward to it."

Me too!

message 17: by Samir (new)

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Count me in for the fourth one.

message 18: by Eli (new)

Eli Adelholm (eliadelholm) | 77 comments I would love to read this series too, if I can find the time between everything else. I will be starting from book one as well.

message 19: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments Hey, I've got the first 3 staring at me from a book shelf for months! I have decided to wait for the fourth one to come out before reading them so I could definitely join in on reading them in August I believe. I've been wanting to read those for a really long time!

My only problem is that I live in Brazil and to get the fourth one as soon as it comes out would be quite expensive for me, but I'll see what I can do about it when the time comes.

message 20: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments Oh, I just saw that in the beginning of August I should be in the middle of the third or fourth book from The Shadow Campaigns read from this group, but uhm, I'm sure I can arrange something.

message 21: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Dan wrote: "Oh, I just saw that in the beginning of August I should be in the middle of the third or fourth book from The Shadow Campaigns read from this group, but uhm, I'm sure I can arrange something."

You can always join in a little bit late - I'm sure people will still be here to talk about the books after recently finishing.

message 22: by Dan (new)

Dan (danstri) | 93 comments Jenna wrote: "Dan wrote: "Oh, I just saw that in the beginning of August I should be in the middle of the third or fourth book from The Shadow Campaigns read from this group, but uhm, I'm sure I can arrange some..."

Cool, let's see how this pans out! I also have the little matter of Age of Myth to attend to but I'll try my best to be a faster reader this month than I usually am. It shouldn't be too hard as I'm usually not a fast one but I'll have some free time towards the end of the month and I can try to use that to catch up!

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace (allthatisgold) | 18 comments I have Lies on my bookshelf but haven't tackled yet. I maaay be able to get to it by around August and be able to join the reading of the second book though.

message 24: by Fernanda (new)

Fernanda Ceballos (moodytbr) | 1 comments Its been on my TBR for sometime now, This is the time to start! Lets go Team!

message 25: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Fer wrote: "Its been on my TBR for sometime now, This is the time to start! Lets go Team!"

Awesome, hope you enjoy it!

message 26: by A.J. (last edited Dec 01, 2016 05:05AM) (new)

A.J. (adz2011) | 6 comments If you want to read the latest interview given by Scott Lynch, it's from the UK's FantasyCon, Sept 2017. Scott talks about 'Queen of the Iron Sands' and 'The Thorn of Emberlain' and is on good form. https://metaphysicalfantasy.wordpress...

message 27: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

A.J. wrote: "If you want to read the latest interview given by Scott Lynch, it's from the UK's FantasyCon, Sept 2017. Scott talks about 'Queen of the Iron Sands' and 'The Thorn of Emberlain' and it on good form..."

Cool! Thanks for the link!