Start by marking “The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Thorn of Emberlain (Gentleman Bastard, #4)

The Thorn of Emberlain

(Gentleman Bastard #4)

Locke Lamora, thief, con-man, pirate, political deceiver is back, and now he must become a soldier.

A new chapter for Locke and Jean and finally the war that has been brewing in the Kingdom of the Marrows flares up and threatens to capture all in its flames.

And all the while Locke must try to deal with the disturbing rumours about his past revealed in The Republic of Thiev
Published by Gollancz

To ask other readers questions about The Thorn of Emberlain, please sign up.
Silje I'm hearing September 2018.. this is from a distributor who's talked to the Publisher so I think it's solid info. Really hoping it's wrong though. I'm…moreI'm hearing September 2018.. this is from a distributor who's talked to the Publisher so I think it's solid info. Really hoping it's wrong though. I'm still in denial that it's true........
Yep, as feared http://www.gollancz.co.uk/2016/08/an-... (less)

Wealhtheow
Oct 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
I just finished The Republic of Thieves and am desperate for the next installment of the Gentleman Bastard series. These books are insanely smart, absurdly funny, and have so many plot twists and HOLY SHIT moments that they're basically adrenaline in novel form.
❄️Nani❄️
Jan 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Take your time, Scott. As dreadful as waiting is, I’d much rather a good book that you put your heart and soul into than a rushed one.

I’ll learn to deal with my impatience... 😔
Adina
May 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
OMG! Scott Lynch announced Today he finished the draft. I thought this moment will never come.
Armina
Oct 31, 2013 marked it as to-read

COVER REVEAL!!! And it was on March 4th! A WHOLE week ago. Some fan I am .....!!! How could I've missed this? And how could you, guys?!!! Yes, you(you know who you are)! Credits go to Vippi because I did see the news in her feed! Thanks, ragazza!

description

Also, there are rumors for a "firm"(that's a tricky term when speaking of Scott Lynch) release date of the book(don't trust the July publication date posted here in GR; it's all bullocks, but read more details below):

Giovanna
Mar 24, 2014 marked it as to-read
Delayed again, April 2017. This is starting to make me angry.

I swear it was July five seconds ago. AND NOW IT IS 2016!!! Nooooooooo.

Why does this cover sucks? The first one was so beautiful...*cries*

I NEED THIS BOOK IN MY LIFE
Anka “Viva La Papaya”
AT THIS POINT I WOULD READ THIS MAN'S GROCERY LIST IF HE PUBLISHED IT
Kalibaatje
Jan 06, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
Really hope this one has more schemes & thieving... and less girls. Or at least less troubled and illogical girls.
Book 3 was okay, but I really hope 4 picks up the pace again.
Henni Ro
Why do I always read (and love) fantasy book series where the authors take like ages for the next book to publish ???? ... I'm already waiting for years for The Doors of Stone, The Winds of Winter, Oathbringer and now The Thorn of Emberlain ... but they are all books I would wait 10+ years for, because I know they'll be great and good books take time. Still. I hate waiting.

Edit August 3rd 2017 At least Oathbringer is coming out soon!
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
I’ve only just finished The Republic of Thieves but I am so pumped to read this right now. It's such a great series, I can't wait to see where it goes in the future. I guess it’s another one to add to my highly anticipated fantasy longlist.
Sara
Oct 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
Let's hope it takes less than six years. That is all I need to be happy.
Sep 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
Shelves: need-to-read-now
*looks longingly out a window, a tear slowly falling down my freckled cheek* when will this book be published?
Mayim de Vries
Jun 16, 2017 marked it as to-read
I was just about to read it when...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN NOT RELEASED YET?!

Just kidding. Take all the time you need Mr Lynch, but give me a masterpiece.
My review of The Lies of Locke Lamora.
My review of Red Seas Under Red Skies.
My review of Republic of Thieves.
Anne
Maybe not in 2019, but....SOON. Mr. Lynch has announced it is DONE and going to editing. My skin is clearing and my crops are flourishing...

See an ACTUAL picture here.

**************************

New, new update: Book Depository is listing a release date in September 2019. Dare we hope that this could be true, and not a fluke of book selling sites, as previous release dates have been? Dare we? *wheeze*

**************************

New update: This book will not be available in September. As of now, the
DarkChaplain
Jan 29, 2018 marked it as coming-soon
At this point I am feeling really apathetic about this series. The many delays really turned me off. It boggles my mind that this one has nearly 1300 ratings at a 4.31 average rating, when it may as well take another year to reach store shelves if its history is any indication...

I can't be alone with that frustration, right?
Serenity
Aug 30, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
Release tentatively set for Fall 2014!

Ken Mandap
Every time I look for its publication date on Goodreads and find nothing, I die a little.
Jan 30, 2016 added it
Shelves: maybe
Was it as good as, say, The Way of Kings?

description

Probably not. Yes, it was a very clever book. It wasn't boring and the pacing was great.

But the thing is - I didn't like Locke or his crew all that much.
I'm judging from the entire series now as it's been too long for me to make subtle distinctions but I know that I'm unlikely to pick up this next instalment.

By the end of the third book I was feeling a little angry with Locke for being so star struck and pathetic around his love interest.
I must say - I fe
Vippi
May 15, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: seguiti, on-my-shelf
08/17

2016. Delayed again...
I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel...

07/02

September 17th???!

05/05

Cover released!!! :D

We have to wait till July, though.
Nina
Jan 09, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
Some day, The Thorn of Emberlain is going to be released so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I'm still around to see it.

'Oh, please,' said Scott.'It'll never happen.'

;) But seriously. I need this book in my life.
Diane
Sep 23, 2015 marked it as to-read
Delayed again. it's fine. I'm fine.

Fiona
Jun 02, 2014 marked it as to-read
November? This November? *soft whimper*
Caro
The release date has my approval, the cover does not. Who are those armored goons? And will we witness Locke making fun of them?

WAAAAAAAAAAAH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE THORN OF EMBERLAIN! I LOVE YOU, LOCKE!
Roz
He has finished the manuscript!!! OMGOMG
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Oh my wonderful cameo. Worth every pound.
Devontae Feller
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
just release already!! second favorite series ever!
The Damsel in the Library
This is me every time I see the publication is pushed back.

photo tumblr_mzu3by0yxy1qfxydqo1_500_zpsmykjo7i7.gif
Sarah (thegirltheycalljones)
Certainly my most anticipated read of 2016.
No, my most anticipated read EVER.
YES THAT MUCH.
My life need some Locke and Jean, it's been too long !
Kimberley
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
March 2018.... I AM NOT OKAY!!!

Why is Lamora being denied to me??
Seth
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ok rude people, LISTEN UP. Someone made something you really enjoy, and instead of being grateful and taking it for what it is and accepting their writing process you moan and groan about YOUR needs. Art is not something you rush, and an artist who is a master of their craft is definitely not something to be taken for granted. So..Before you write an all capslock post about how they owe you, please just don't. Realize you are excited, not frustrated, and keep it positive. That is all.
« previous 1 3 next »
Gentleman Bastards: Predictions for Thorn of Emberlain? 13 477 Feb 12, 2017 05:33AM
The Not a Book Cl...: TToE: Cover reveal 6 61 Mar 05, 2015 02:46PM

• The Olympian Affair (The Cinder Spires, #2)
  • Blood of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #3)
  • Nightblood (Warbreaker, #2)
  • The Burning White (Lightbringer #5)
  • A Little Hatred
  • The Thousand and One (The Crescent Moon Kingdoms, #2)
  • Age of Legend (The Legends of the First Empire, #4)
  • Walk in Shadow (The Kharkanas Trilogy #3)
  • The Light of All That Falls (The Licanius Trilogy, #3)
  • Tiamat's Wrath (The Expanse, #8)
  • Zero Tango (Zero Sight, #3)
  • Doors of Stone (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #3)
  • Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2)
  • Beneath the Twisted Trees (The Song of the Shattered Sands, #4)
I was born in St. Paul, Minnesota on April 2, 1978, the first of three brothers. I've lived in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area my entire life; currently, just across the border in Wisconsin, about half an hour east of the Twin Cities.

The Lies of Locke Lamora, my first novel, was bought by Simon Spanton at Orion Books in August, 2004. Prior to that I had just about every job you usually see in this s

Gentleman Bastard (7 books)
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
  • Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)
  • The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)
  • The Ministry of Necessity (Gentleman Bastard, #5)
  • The Mage and the Master Spy (Gentleman Bastard, #6)
  • Inherit the Night (Gentleman Bastard, #7)