Support for Indie Authors discussion

SIA Rules & Announcements > Introductions Part II

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,419 (1419 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29

message 1: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Ann Andrews (annliviandrews) | 687 comments Mod
Due to our previous introductions thread being over 60 pages long and beginning to resemble the wild west of the internet, we have decided to lock it and start a new, fresh and clean introductions thread.

We’re going to make this simple and straightforward. In your introductory post, please include:

1. Your Name (Pseudonym or Real Name or Both)
2. Your Preferred Writing and Reading Genre
3. Your Most Recently Released Book (with Goodreads link if you like) if you have one
4. One Interesting Fact About You

Anything OTHER than this will result in your post being deleted. This is not a thread for broad and general discussions. We have plenty of other threads for that. This is simply to introduce yourself to the group. :)

message 2: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

I will start.

1) Ann Livi Andrews
2) Apocalyptic to write; Fantasy to read
3) Meet Your Heroes
4) I went to school to be a high school English teacher. But for some reason I decided that herding a group of 6300+ Indie Authors would be more fun ;)

message 3: by Nafisa (last edited Jun 29, 2016 08:58AM) (new)

Nafisa Choudhury (nafisalivestowrite) | 3 comments 1) Nafisa Tabassum Choudhury
2) To write: poetry, character-driven fiction, fantasy. To read: varied, with special interest in fantasy
3) I'm writing short stories and poetry here: http://nafisalivestowrite.tumblr.com/
4) Um, I dunno. I feel like water is my element - oceans, lakes and rain feel magical to me - but I can't swim -_-

message 4: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments 1) GG Atcheson (or The Vampire Whisperer)
2) Science fiction, Urban and Dark Fantasy
3)Destiny
4) I've always been intrigued with possible life outside of our planet. (Or who knows, maybe inside as intra-terrestrials.)

message 5: by M.L. (last edited Jun 29, 2016 06:40PM) (new)

M.L. | 1126 comments 1) M. L. Roberts
2) I write and enjoy reading - Fantasy, SF, Crime
3) BIKER BOUNTY HUNTERS OF GALAXY 13
4) Novel due out this fall

message 6: by Emily (last edited Jun 29, 2016 09:46AM) (new)

Emily Kirby | 14 comments 1. Emily Kirby
2. Fantasy and Horror, but will read pretty much anything
3.The Blue Codex https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
4. I have a love of bunnies

message 7: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (last edited Sep 08, 2016 01:53AM) (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4353 comments Mod
1. Dwayne Fry
2. a. Humor, General Literature
b. General Literature, Humor
3. Rave On
4. Deep down I often wonder if this is really my home world or if I'm just here as an observer / reporter.

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) 1. Joe Jackson
2. Epic/Dark Fantasy
3. Serpents Rising
4. I once finished a baseball game as the winning pitcher, with the game-winning RBI, and also turned a solo double play that ended the game. And I'm not even really good at baseball.

message 9: by Ben (new)

Ben Mariner 1. Ben Mariner
2. Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Humor
3. Apocalypse Wow 2: Apocalypse Wower or The Golden Hourglass on Kindle Scout
4. I run a part time pet hair dying business called "Dip-a-Pet"

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) 1. Christina McMullen, better known here as the mean mod.
2. I write what I like to read: sci-fi, fantasy, and humor
3. Rise of the Discordant: The Complete Five Book Series
4. I'd rather be dirt poor and happy than rich and stressed out to the point of misery, which is why I am an author.

message 11: by Charles (new)

Charles McGarry (goodreadscomcharles-mcgarry) 1. Charles McGarry, the crazy Irishman.
2. I mostly write fantasy, and that is my preferred reading genre as well.
3. My new-ish book is Talindor's Guest.
4. I'm a former pastor who left the faith, and now I write my own myths.

message 12: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments 1. Jane Jago
2. Write fantasy (mostly) will read anything
3. Latest book is an oddball whodunnit called Who Put Her In?Who put her in?
4. I can order a beer in five languages

message 13: by Missy (last edited Jun 30, 2016 06:54AM) (new)

Missy Sheldrake (missysheldrake) | 252 comments 1. Missy Sheldrake
2. Fantasy/Fairy stories/Sword and Sorcery
3. My latest is book 3 of the Keepers of the Wellsprings: Call of Brindelier
Call of Brindelier (Keepers of the Wellsprings, Book 3) by Missy Sheldrake
4. I believe in the power of gratitude and positivity, and enjoy providing an escape from the day-to-day to those who need one.

message 14: by Alfred (new)

Alfred Eyrie | 42 comments I'm not sure if I introduced myself, since I can't find my post in the other thread (not that it could be there and I just don't see it).

1 My pen name is Alfred Eyrie.
2. As Alfred, my main theme is paranormal and supernatural, although that does tend to wander into other territory from time to time.
3. As Alfred, I wrote Memoirs of a Haunted House
Memoirs of a Haunted House by Alfred Eyrie
because...
4. I spent a good part of my formative years in a house that was reputed to be haunted. Of course, nobody told my family, and when I started having problems, I was told that it was "all my imagination." I wrote Memoirs with the hope of reaching other children and adults who lived through similar experiences and were told, as I was, that they were imagining things or were crazy for talking about it.

message 15: by Emma (last edited Jun 29, 2016 08:26PM) (new)

Emma Mohr 1. My penname is Emma Mohr

2. I prefer to write and read romance and horror.

3. The Lovely Garden by Emma Mohr The Lovely Garden. A contemporary romance.

4. The most interesting thing about myself I can think of at the moment is that I love horror movies. All types of them. I watch them obsessively.

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan Stafford | 230 comments 1. Susan Stafford
2. I love to read mystery, so I write mystery
3. Spirits in the Keys is the 2nd book in my series
4. Grew up in the Florida Keys

message 17: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Briginshaw | 74 comments 1. E.A. Briginshaw
2. My first three books are mysteries, but my latest falls in the "Contemporary/Sports" category. I prefer to read mysteries.
3. The Back Nine by E.A. Briginshaw Yes, it's about golf, but it's mostly about life after fifty.
4. In the 1980's, I hosted a blues radio program and got to interview some of the greats including B.B. King.

message 18: by Shervin (new)

Shervin Jamali | 1 comments 1. Shervin Jamali
2. Writing: Supernatural / Urban Fantasy; Reading: not genre specific
3. My second book was published a week ago: Redemption
4. Twenty-five years ago, I was starting my own improv group. Wayne Brady auditioned and I told him he wasn't funny! True story!

message 19: by E.A. (new)

E.A. Padilla | 14 comments 1) Edward Andre Padilla a.k.a. E. A. Padilla;
2) Action Thrillers, Suspense, Political-Government Conspiracy (All Fiction);
3) Michaso (Korean word for crazy);
4) My father was born in 1909, and was working in Wyoming when the first legal minimum wage law was enacted. Being told by his employer that he would have to wait until other large employers followed suit before he would pay the new rate. Without any hard feelings, his employer (one of the largest private employers in the State at that time) understood my father's desire to receive this new wage and encouraged him to pursue it further. After contacting his Senator, and filing a lawsuit, my father became the first person in the State of Wyoming to receive this newly enacted wage. He won the lawsuit.

message 20: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 611 comments 1. Marie Silk
2. Historical Fiction (writing), Aliens/Bigfoot/Paranormal (reading)
3. Davenport House
4. I cook a lot of Mexican food. Like, tacos for days.
A Mother's Love (Davenport House #3) by Marie Silk

message 21: by Lyra (last edited Jul 04, 2016 02:22AM) (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 126 comments 1. Lyra Shanti
2. Writing Genres: Sci-fi, Fantasy, Dramatic Fiction, Poetry
Reading: Sci-fi, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Paranormal (but not that romance teen stuff lol), Anything with heartfelt characters and a plot that takes you somewhere deep and/or adventurous!
3. Shiva XIV: The Veil of Truth
The Veil of Truth (Shiva XIV, #2) by Lyra Shanti
4. I was named after the constellation in the sky, also for the Greek instrument, the lyre. It gives me a false sense of cosmic importance. ;)

message 22: by Ann, Supreme Overlord (new)

Reposting the rules for this thread:

Due to our previous introductions thread being over 60 pages long and beginning to resemble the wild west of the internet, we have decided to lock it and start a new, fresh and clean introductions thread.

We’re going to make this simple and straightforward. In your introductory post, please include:

3. Your Most Recently Released Book (with Goodreads link if you like) if you have one

Anything OTHER than this will result in your post being deleted. This is not a thread for broad and general discussions. We have plenty of other threads for that. This is simply to introduce yourself to the group. :)

message 23: by Holly (new)

Holly (whatwouldhollydo) 1. Holly South
2. Business, Self-Improvement
3. Family Book Night Family Book Night: For Families Who Make Reading Fun... and Those Who Try
4. I wouldn't call it interesting, but I just signed up for this group yesterday and I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of content and conversation I'm seeing. Whew!

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 629 comments Hart Broken (Hart Broken, #1) by Annie Arcane

1. Annie Arcane
2. Write & Read: Wounded Hero Romance; Read: Dark Erotic Romance
3. Hart Broken
4. I went on stage in a Pikachu costume for my last fitness competition >_<

message 25: by Tanner (last edited Jul 03, 2016 04:13PM) (new)

Tanner Walling | 18 comments 1) Tanner Walling
2) YA Thrillers and Sci-Fi for Writing, and the same for reading
3) Fury of the Storm
4) I'm a teen author

message 26: by Edward (new)

Edward Dreyfus (docdreyfus) | 1 comments 1. Edward Dreyfus, PhD
2. psychological novels; psychological-legal thrillers
3. Shattered Direction
4. 79-year old, semi-retired clinical psychologist, began writing fiction at 75, now writing 6th novel

message 27: by Marina (new)

Marina Epley | 3 comments 1. Marina Epley (sounds like a pseudonym, but it's real)
2. I write YA dystopian novels (17+)
3. Elimination (The Mind Breaker series)
4. I'm also a runner and won a few 5K races

message 28: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 2 comments 1. Matthew Drzymala
2. Humour
3. The Bumpkinton Tales: Volume One
4. I have double-jointed thumbs

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 25 comments 1. Lynn Almengor
2. Writing - Contemporary Realistic / Reading - Historical and Sci-Fi
3. Now That We're Adults
4. I used to make movies

message 30: by Nick (new)

Nick East (nickeast) | 5 comments 1. Nick East (Pseudonym)
2. Preferred Writing: Fantasy/Attempted Comedy: Preferred Reading: Any as long as the book is good.
3. The Last Philosopher: Nothing is Everything (link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/5036154... )
4. I don't like to travel.

message 31: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 04, 2016 08:01AM) (new)

1. Sarah Sunday
2. Writing: Sci-fi/fantasy/metaphysical. Reading: Classics, philosophy, non-fiction, sci-fi/fantasy (kind of all over the place.)
3. Threads that Bind the Tempest
4. I do food blogging/reviewing.

message 32: by Peggy (new)

Peggy (psramsey) | 33 comments 1. P.S. Ramsey
2. I write fantasy and will read anything that stands still long enough.
3. Legerdeman
4. I can't decide if I should use this space to admit to my crushing crisis of confidence, or admit that I was once paid to wear a Chuck E. Cheese costume.

message 33: by Diana (new)

Diana Heath | 1 comments 1. Diana Jane Heath
2. I like to read and write all types of genres, crime thrillers, historical romance, chick-lit, fantasy, and re-written fairy tales.
3. Tales for the Sisterhood: A Collection of Short Stories. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29...
4. I volunteer as an editor for Unearthed Fiction, a short story magazine.

message 34: by Dora (new)

Dora Ilieva | 12 comments 1. Dora Ilieva
2. I like to read almost everything including non-fiction. As for writing - thrillers, mystery, historical and contemporary are my preferred genres.
3.Faces - a collection of short stories.
https://www.goodreads.com/author/dash...
4. I love studying foreign languages.

message 35: by Avelyn (new)

Avelyn Paige (avelynpaige) | 1 comments 1. Avelyn Paige
2. Writing - Paranormal Romance and MC Romance
Reading - PNR, MC Romance, Contemporary Romance, Ugly Cries
3. Angels and Ashes - Angels and Ashes
4. I am a pastor's wife who writes dirty romance novels.

message 36: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Howard | 1 comments 1) Tyler Howard
2) I love to read Comedy and fantasy. What I've read from the Discworld series has been a great influence in how I write. As such, I tend to write with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. With that said, I do like adding horror and suspenseful elements in between scenes of brevity.
3) The Millennial's Guide to Adulting: Lesson 1: Dealing with the Job Market
4) I once ate 24 hotdogs in a day. I am not proud of this, but it is interesting.

message 37: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Teller | 1 comments 1. Jesse Teller
2. I write Dark Fantasy, Fantasy and all things fantastical. My favorite genre to read however is horror, especially old horror.
3. My latest book is Liefdom: A Tale from Perilisc but I am releasing another one this month.
4. The most interesting thing about me is I'm obsessed with writing. I do 3,000 words of new content daily. I have written 18 books that are currently just sitting in my closet waiting to be published. I am almost done telling the first major story in my world. I only have 8 more books to write before it's finished, and I'm pretty excited about it.

message 38: by The Bookclectic (new)

The Bookclectic (thebookclectic) 1. Your Name: Emnoir Ex
2. Your Preferred Writing and Reading Genre: I write poetry, but I love to read poetry, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, cook books, history, memoirs, paranormal, philosophy, classics, some mystery, some drama... really I like at least some of everything!
3. Your Most Recently Released Book: I have never tried to publish anything I've written. I'm more interested in reading.
4. I recently started a book review journal, and I've joined this group because I am interested in reading books by indie authors!

message 39: by Ben (new)

Ben Langdon 1. Ben Langdon
2. I write superhero fiction, but I read pretty much anything. I think my favourites at the moment are YA and contemporary lit (is that a thing?)
3. The Adventures of Charlie Conti: Small Sacrifices
4. I've got three kids and my proudest moment was hooking them on reading comic books.

message 40: by Gippy (new)

Gippy Adams | 99 comments 1. Gippy Adams Henry
2. Write mystery/suspense/thriller; read same & psychological thrillers
3. Web of Destruction https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
4. Back in college, I'm 3/4 of the way to a BS in Criminal Justice--a field in which I'm interested, but mainly for accuracy in my novels

message 41: by C.D. (new)

C.D. Gorri (cdgorri) | 1 comments 1. C.D. Gorri
2. I write YA Paranormal fiction and Paranormal Romance, may branch off into a more Fantasy genre in the future. I read anything just finished The BFG by Roald Dahl
3. My latest book is Cat's Howl, a Paranormal Romance novel, book 2 in The Macconwood Pack Series. I have 7 ebooks on Amazon right now.
4. I majored in English in college and always wanted to write but waited till after the kiddies were born and I am an info junky ;-)

message 42: by N (new)

N S (nathaliesaade_author) | 1 comments 1. Nathalie Saade
2. I write romantic suspense but I also enjoy reading fantasy, PNR, thrillers & crime
3. I'm in the process of releasing my first novel 'Poisoned Rose', book 1 in the Dark Roses series
4. I'm a hoarder of anything that is shiney/sparkly and I also have two black belts - one in tae-kwon-do, the other is Chanel ;-)

message 43: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn | 150 comments 1. Aislinn Kearns
2. I'm currently writing Romantic Suspense, but read all genres of Romance.
3. Station Alpha (Soldiering On #1) by Aislinn Kearns
4. Australian Expat in Qatar. Once completed a Masters of Teaching before realising it wasn't for me. At all.

Hi!

message 44: by A.F.B. (last edited Jul 09, 2016 06:10PM) (new)

A.F.B. Griffey | 2 comments 1. A. F. B. Griffey

2. Writing second book of lively, fun poems, for young children - oh and a fantasy story for children.

3. Published first book this year: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

4. Father was an Adagio dancer (acrobatic dancer) for many years, mother was a professional singer, but my background is in teaching and now I am writing.

message 45: by S.R. (last edited Jul 06, 2016 07:08PM) (new)

S.R. Akulick (scyoni) 1. I'm S.R. Akulick - but most people call me Scy (pronounced sigh)

2. I love to read / write comedy, fantasy and science fiction - but nothing flowery like Tolkein, and the less romance the better!

3. I just published my first novel Sendrask

4. I'm a computer science student and the leader of an Imagine Cup UX Challenge winning team.

message 46: by Robert (last edited Jul 08, 2016 09:00AM) (new)

Robert Britt (robertroybritt) | 2 comments 1) Robert Roy Britt (Rob)
2) Write private detective/mystery; will read mystery, thriller, lit.
3) Drone: An Eli Quinn Detective Novella
4) Was editor-in-chief of Space.com and Live Science.

message 47: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Reposting the rules for this thread:

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 973 comments 1. Sue (Sam)
2. Write Paranormal Romance; Read Various Genres
3. ...working on it...
4. I rescue dogs.

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (kalisarawolfcat) | 1 comments 1. Sarah Buhrman
2. Reading - sci fi, fantasy, paranormal romance, regency romance, non-fiction; Writing - urban fantasy, sci fi, YA, MG, Children's, non-fiction, horror.
3. Too Wyrd (release date: 9/8/16)
4. My religious beliefs are rooted in science

message 50: by Emily (last edited Jul 08, 2016 08:00PM) (new)

Emily Taylor (taylorink) | 30 comments 1. Emily Taylor (or Dayna)
2. Anything I find interesting, though lately I've been leaning towards Urban Fantasy
3. A Soul to Take-- Coming Soon.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
4. I believed I was a witch in early primary school :3

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 28 29