What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > High Fantasy- Man brought back from the dead to fight a war

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments Details I am sure about:
- Man was dead. But he was brought back using witchcraft. The person who brought him back used his bones.
- He was a skilled fighter.
- He had a Scottish type friend who was reincarnated as a lumberjack.
- His friend fell in love with some girl who used to bring him lunch.

Details I am not too sure about:
- He fought with dual blades
-he was bald
- his friend fought with an axe
- He had tattoos of snakes all over him

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
What year did you read it? Did it seem old or new at the time? Author male or female? Series or standalone? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Bargle (last edited Jun 11, 2016 03:49AM) (new)

Bargle | 1284 comments Is it maybe one of the Piers Anthony Xanth novels? I recall one with a re-assembled warrior, though I don't remember exactly which one.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4049...

message 4: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments I read it in 2010. It seemed oldish but I can't be too sure. As to the gender of the author, I think it was a man, but once again, I am not sure.
I get the feeling that it was part of a series.

@bargle, I had a look at the various Xanth novels and they don't seem to be the one. Thank you though.

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat I have not read this book yet, so am not sure how close this is, but your description reminded me of the blurp for Shadow.

A man wakes up on a battlefield, and doesn't remember his past, but is a skilled warrior of sorts. I do not know if he is actually raised from death, though.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments Thanks Kat,

Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the one. The warrior in my book definitely remembers who he is

message 7: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Was the setting our world, or some fantasy world? If our world, what time period was it set? Any idea how old the man was, and/or how or when he originally died?

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments I'm sure it was a fantasy world. the man must have been in his 30s? I think he died in a war but not sure.

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments One of Michael Moorcock's The Eternal Champion books, perhaps?

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments I have just read through some descriptions and it sounds like it might be the one but I will have to read them to be sure
will let you know

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Rebecca, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments Nope

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Shepherd (beckywecky) | 13 comments Still looking

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Rebecca ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 15: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Could it be Pamela Freeman's The Castings Trilogy?