Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Need Book Recommendations > Need a new read! Help!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley (xangelfreak) | 3 comments I'm looking for a new adult (not young adult) PNR book to read, but nothing has caught my eye!

I have enjoyed the night huntress series (loved cat and her strong character, plus bones is gorgeous), immortals after dark, lords of the underworld and black dagger brotherhood (although I hated last years book with no HEA and refuse to read the new one).

Any ideas of a series I could get into?

Thanks xxx

message 2: by Sionna (new)

Sionna (simplystrange) Have you triedFirst Grave on the Right? A lot more silly than the ones you mentioned but, still good.

The Psy-changeling series by Nalini Singh might also work for you. Many different characters with an over-arching plot.

And as a last recommendation, Dead Witch Walking, although this one seems to be either hot or miss with people. She is a really strong character though and there are other cool characters.

message 3: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 67 comments If you don't mind OTT characters and humor in your PNR (and these are definitely not YA), you might like Shelly Laurenston. She has several series. The Magnus Pack and the Pride series are done. The Call of Crows is two books in. She also writes a series about dragon shifters under the name G.A.Aiken.

Pack Challenge (Magnus Pack, #1) by Shelly Laurenston The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston The Unleashing (Call of Crows, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken

message 4: by Liz (new)

Liz | 7 comments Kimberley wrote: "I'm looking for a new adult (not young adult) PNR book to read, but nothing has caught my eye!

I have enjoyed the night huntress series (loved cat and her strong character, plus bones is gorgeous..."

Check out Memoirs of a Girl Wolf it's really, really good. I'm reading it again.

message 5: by Jacey (new)

Jacey | 8 comments Not technically new adult, but straight PNR that is fabulously funny and well-written with a strong heroine and hot hero:

Semi-Charmed (Harper Hall Investigations #1) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Human (Harper Hall Investigations, #2) by Isabel Jordan Semi-Twisted by Isabel Jordan

Also loved: Hell on Heels (Hot Damned #3) by Robyn Peterman Fashionably Dead (Hot Damned, #1) by Robyn Peterman

message 6: by Trent (new)

Trent Germain (trentstgermain) | 4 comments You may want to check my PNR novel, The Incubus and The Others.

I'll leave the info here.

Thanks,
Trent St. Germain
The Incubus and The Others

message 7: by The (new)

The Archetype | 2 comments Hi Everyone! If you're looking for book recommendations, please check out our new blog: www.thearchetypewriter.com

We read and review urban fantasy, dystopian or post-apocalyptic fiction, YA novels -- you name it! We love talking about books so please post and comment.

New reviews coming soon :)