Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Previous BOTM threads > [BOTM] - READER PICK - Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schrieber

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited May 01, 2014 12:45PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber is our READER PICK for the month of May.

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber Ellen Schreiber

It is rated YA - Young Adult

"In her small town, dubbed "Dullsville," sixteen-year-old Raven -- a vampire-crazed goth-girl -- is an outcast. But not for long...

The intriguing and rumored-to-be haunted mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood vacant and boarded-up for years. That is, until its mysteriously strange new occupants move in. Who are these creepy people -- especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town prattle actually ring true? Are they vampires? Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.

Ellen Schreiber's spooky and stirring romance tells the story of two outsiders who fall in love in a town where conformity reigns, and ends with a shocking surprise."

Why not leave your comments in the discussion thread below?

message 2: by Micheala (last edited May 01, 2014 07:13PM) (new)

Micheala Great cute book! I read it for the first time years ago, and I've reread lots *glances at pretty copy on bookshelf*
What really bugs me is the amount of exclamation points that are used when not necessary. I guess the author was newer to writing when she wrote this one. Thankfully the others in the series are toned down on exclamation points.

message 3: by Intrigued (new)

Intrigued by Romance | 1 comments Hi, this is my first commemt with the group. I read this book about 4 years ago. I thought the book was really good. I fell in love with the book so much that I wound up reading 6 more of her books. I couldn't help myself. I love the characters and found myself having a hard time puttingthebooks down. Ellen Schrieber is one of the authors I have on my favorites list

message 4: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Tina wrote: "Hi, this is my first commemt with the group. I read this book about 4 years ago. I thought the book was really good. I fell in love with the book so much that I wound up reading 6 more of her boo..."

Now that sounds like a ringing endorsement, Tina!

message 5: by Jacinda (new)

Jacinda | 49 comments I think I've read this book about a hundred times it's soooo good!!!! This book was actually what got me to start reading other paranormal books!! :)

message 6: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments Read it ages ago and absolutely loved it!! I remember spending all my money on the series.
I can't remember all of it but I do remember that the 5th book was the best!!
It's still a book that I recommend to everyone haha!

I'm glad to se others really enjoyed it too.

message 7: by Sakina (new)

Sakina I have read this book a few years back but haven't completed the series yet. Just read 6 books. This actually reminded that I haven't completed the series. Hopefully i'll complete the rest of the books this year. They are really cool.

message 8: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 43 comments If anyones interested, there are graphic novels of these as well :)
Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, Vol. 1 (Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, #1) by Ellen Schreiber Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, #2) by Ellen Schreiber Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives, #3) by Ellen Schreiber Vampire Kisses Graveyard Games, Volume 1 by Ellen Schreiber

message 9: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 906 comments I read the first graphic novel as well, it's good to see what the author thinks the characters look like versus what we think. It was really short I think I finished it in about a day haha.

message 10: by Shayna (new)

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 92 comments I love these books! I have the first five on my shelf. All of m,y kids have read them too and we really heart Ellen Schrieber! The characters I immediately loved and the plot is unique yet true to alot of the vampiric M/O. Love, love it!

message 11: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (new)

Shayna wrote: "I love these books! I have the first five on my shelf. All of m,y kids have read them too and we really heart Ellen Schrieber! The characters I immediately loved and the plot is unique yet true to ..."

What ages are your kids, Shayna? When making book buying decisions, I always make the choice for paper book vs. ebook based on whether or not my kids will want to read it.