Start by marking “Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 1 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 1 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #1)

Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 1

(Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives #1)

The absolute last thing goth-girl Raven and her vampire boyfriend, Alexander, need is another hitch in their nighttime-only romance—but dark trouble hovers on the horizon when Raven and Alexander discover four freshly dug graves filled with empty coffins. When a crew of sketchy vampires takes up residence in Dullsville's lonely graveyard, Alexander finds this motley bunch ...more
Published September 25th 2007 by Katherine Tegen Books

Samidha Kalia
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was like Fifty Shades and Twilight combined into one.
Jessica-Robyn
Jun 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
While I was reading this I encountered a problem that I did not foresee. I knew to expect all the normal plot, character, and story elements that this type of story would willingly provide, but I didn't realize I was going so soft.

I wanted to give this book a pass, despite the fact that it offered absolutely nothing to earn that pass. My reason for wanting to pat this poor little manga on the head and just send it on it's marry way was that for all extensive purposes, this is a cash grab.

Shoul
Anna
Nov 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, art-love, manga
The Vampire Kisses series has always been a bit of pointless fluff for me. It has no plot to speak of and the romance and characters are complete cliques and yet... it's just so freaking cute I don't know what to do with myself. I also love manga so I was very excited to check this out.

The main cast is the same and both their looks and personalities are transferred nicely. Having said that, this is thankfully not just a retelling of any of the books but a new story featuring a group of half vamp
Rachelvalle
Feb 18, 2011 rated it it was ok

* LISSON EVERYONE!!! READ THIS!!!

Everyone this is cool becuse Vampire Kisses is the first Manga book I have ever read in Manga world. I bought this in Barns and Nobal that was my favorit store at the time. (My second favorit book store)

I Got it with my Unkl Josph, (Mom's little bro) I read this book in one day and it was amazing to me!
Vampire Kisses have the best Vampire romans I have ever read and the Charactor girl Raven had every thing incomon and the same wishes (Not anymore now im ol
Alexis
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This is a cute little series.
Rebecca Dornsife
Oct 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
I think this series translates much better as manga and should have probably been release like this in the first place.
Kristyn
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-series, 2019
Sigh...

Oh, BOY, does THIS take me back.

description

Read this manga series when I was in high school and it's giving me major nostalgia vibes. The art is beautiful and I love the storyline in this. It's a different plot than the novels that this is based off of. I actually prefer it. (I've only read the first 3 novels in the series, so maybe it's in later? Or this could be a whole different concept not introduced into the novels. I don't know yet.)

And, I mean... c'mon. Alexander Sterling?

description

Mysterious, pro
Amy Jacobs
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is definitely for the younger crowd. It was silly and predictable. The writing was juvenile and I wasn't a fan of the artwork in it. I don't see myself continuing with this series.
Dawn Rutherford
The art is fine, and I'm sure lots of teens will like this, but I thought it was lame.
Jennifer Green
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Definitely meant for someone who has read the books because the story picks up into the book series. Lost me for a bit.
Macayla Rae
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it

The book I read was “Vampire Kisses- Blood Relatives” By Ellen Schreiber, as a manga, illustrated by Rem. It was an amazing book, even though it’s only the first book in a manga series. I liked it, and I want to read more of the manga series, and hopefully the actual written series.
Allow me to give you the written descriptions of each character, as this was a very important feature for me, so that I could understand the character’s demeanor about certain things. Because of this, I have learned
Olenka Owens
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
I re-read this because I really loved them when I was younger. Now I'm sure I've grown up some and noticed I was probably only drawn to the artwork. It was so different from everything else to me at the time. Now, I appreciate the nostalgia but I dont believe I would ever actually reccomend this read.
Lizzy Frias
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I started this manga recently and I finished it. I love it! Alexander remember me the characters of Noblesse and Vampire Knight. It’s a fast reading and for me that I still learn English I understand almost all that was writing. The only problem it’s to short...
Linda
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
This is more like a 3 1/2. The art is great, but not too much happens in volume 1, just an intro of the main characters and villains. As usual with YA series, you have to buy the next book to find any resolution.
Teresa cox
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: challenge-6
loved this one! I will buy my own copy one day!
Ashlee
Aug 14, 2017 rated it liked it
It's very cute, love the style. Wish it wasn't so short.
Fratrem Ozomahtli
Aug 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute and fun
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun tie in to an already silly series. The character designs are cute, but the books themselves are funnier.
MaKenzie Parish
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book this is about a person who is a vampire and is in love
Nicole Shafer
Feb 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
eh. this is a series and I have zero interest in reading the other books in the series
Amanda Grace
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Enjoyed it, Want a little more depth from it but well see how it goes in the following volumes.
Jane Dizon
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's a great story
Bailley
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
R
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting story, dramatic 16 year olds but might be good enough to continue. Beautiful artwork.
Nina (Death, Books, and Tea)
Review:This is a spinoff to the fairly popular series Vampire Kisses, which features goth girl Raven and her vampire boyfriend Alexander. However it’s not a adaption of the novels, as Blood Relatives has a new storyline-Alexander’s cousin Claude has turned up in Dullsville (where they live) and has started looking for something. Exactly why is not known. However, judging by Alexander’s determination to stop him, the reason can’t be good.
The storyline’s ok. It’s not outstandingly good, or outstan
Chibineko
Oct 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
I picked this book up at my local bookstore thinking it'd be a cute read. While I've never really read the series (I've flipped through the first book & some of the more recent ones), I'm roughly familiar with the plot & characters. The artwork looked great, so I figured that it'd be decent enough for a read.

I've picked this book up twice now & tried to read it, but no matter how many times I've tried, I can't get into it. The characters just don't really seem that appealing to me.
Mimi
May 03, 2013 rated it liked it
If you enjoyed this review check out my others on my Blog :

Book name : Blood Relatives

Series : #1 in Manga version of Vampire Kisses

Author : Ellen Shreiber

Page count : 98 pages

Time spent reading : 30 minutes between 8th - 9th

Review:

I borrowed this last Friday when I joined a new library service that has a massive section (5 2 metre length shelves) filled with Young Adult Manga. I hadn't read this genre often before (only about 10 times) due to the la
Karin
Oct 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
Ellen Schreiber has jumped into the realm of graphic novels. Her popular Vampire Kisses series has been picked up by Tokyo Pop and has transferred really well.

Raven and Alexander continue their nighttime romance in their usual haunt, A.K.A the cemetery, and make the most of their time together. At the beginning of Blood Relatives they notice something strange while they are out on their date. Four empty graves are discovered and clues lead Alexander to believe that his cousin, Claude, has come
vampire kisses 6 26 Jun 18, 2014 07:03PM
Class of 2014: Book Review 1 4 Mar 27, 2014 10:15PM

• Chibi Vampire, Vol. 04
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 2 (Vampire Knight, #2)
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 1 (Princess Ai, #4)
  • Cirque Du Freak: Tunnels of Blood, Vol. 3
  • Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 1
  • Rosario + Vampire, Tome 9 (Rosario+Vampire, #9)
  • Sanctuary (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #1)
  • Crescent Moon, Vol. 1 (Crescent Moon,#1)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • The Dark-Hunters, Vol. 1 (Dark-Hunter Manga, #1)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 2
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes

Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives (3 books)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)