Start by marking “Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)

Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses #1)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  45,525 Ratings  ·  2,121 Reviews

In her small town, dubbed "Dullsville," sixteen-year-old Raven a vampire-crazed goth-girl is an outcast. But not for long...

The intriguing and rumored-to-be haunted mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood vacant and boarded-up for years. That is, until its mysteriously strange new occupants move in. Who are these creepy people especially the handsome, dark, and elusive

Mass Market Paperback, 253 pages
Published August 5th 2005 by HarperTeen (first published August 1st 2003)

Alkyoni

I don’t care that the writing is simplistic. I don’t care that the main character herself is simplistic. I don’t even care that these books were written for much, much younger readers than me, say… 14 year olds.

I don’t care about any of that, because Vampire Kisses always puts a smile on my face. Some will find it to be silly; some will find it to be naïve; I find it to be refreshing, original and funny, even though after a few days I can’t even remember what the plot was about.

Sixteen year ol
Brittany (Nice Girls Read Books)

I was expecting a lot more from this book.

I felt that the characters were very stereotypical, two-dimensional and that the story was predictable. Also, I hate the kind of stories where the two leads 'fall in love' in a matter of 24 hours, etcetera... with hardly any interaction. This is what happens with Sterling and... oh right, Raven...

I guess I shouldn't have expected a lot more from this book when the main characters name is so silly.
Kristy
Jul 26, 2010 rated it it was ok
***Spoiler's below***

Ugh, so this is going to be mostly a rant.... just warning ya.

With a title like 'Vampire Kisses', I, the reader, would assume that
a: this book has vampires in it
b. it is a romance novel, with kissing
c. Whoever our character is, he/she is kissing a vampire

While some of these are true.... They might even all be true to a point, but not in the way I had expected or wanted!
Really, we don't even know "our guy" is a vampire until pretty much the last page!!! You might assume it
S
Mar 03, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is way too coincidental.
Allow me to discuss the irony, which Vampire Kisses has more than enough of (and this is still an understatement). The main character's (Raven) parents used to be what she called "hippies" when she was a kid. Now, if her parents were hippies, why would they name her kid "Raven?" Flower-loving lava-lamp-collecting Pink Floyd orange walls pink carpets hippies, would name their child Raven? I understand that I may be stereotyping the whole concept of being a 'hippi
*TANYA*
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was very funny and now I must read the next in this series.
Rebecca
Oct 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vampire Kisses is a really great book. I found it to be very original and absolutely hilarious. There were parts where I just couldn't stop laughing because Vampire Kisses is a very very funny book.
Vampire Kisses was really interesting too. I found myself reading more and more and more of it and ended up finishing it because it's just a book that you want to keep reading.
Vampire Kisses was thoroughly enjoyable and I will forever remember parts of it.
I loved all of the characters, they were all
Bryan Coffey
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love the vampire kisses series because it was the first vampire love novel i read before twilight came out and i am able to relate to this book a howl lot. I would recomend people to read this book and the howl series granted it is not as long or as good as twilight but it is worth the read. This teenage girl falls in love with this teenage vampire and she tries to deny it for ahilw and she is curious to find out who he is and it has been her life long dream to become a vampire. She broke it t ...more
Corinne
May 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 10 year old goths
This book is kind of like a salad when all you really want is a steak. You start to read it and you really, really want the two main characters to get together and thats all well and good. It would be a better book if the main character wouldn't whine so much and get over the whole damned "I'm goth and no one understands me" bullshit. It wouldn't be as bad as it is if the characters had actual depth, if the parents weren't as retarded and if the story had more meat.

There are other books followi
Janaye
Aug 24, 2008 rated it liked it
I must admit that this is a guilty pleasure type of book. Its very simple with not much depth to it but is a cute book. Though it is not something to read for a life changing experience it is cute and easy to read and follow so give it a try.

Fall in love with Raven and her Vampire and follow them through all their terrifyingly wonderful adventures.

Though there is some originality to the book it comes in the form of non-original vampire myths and legends (garlic, crosses, sunlight etc.) so just
Polina
Jun 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
Someone hand me the forks.
I have no desire to be able to read after finishing Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber.
The main character is *goth* Raven *goth* Madison who *goth* is apparently a goth. In case you didn't get that from the author pointing that out every other page. She also pulls out every single cliche in the book, and ends almost every sentence in an exclamation point. People aren't called by the names that they are given, no, the snarky protagonist has to give them an insulting nickn
Crazy for Young A...: ✗Pair 2: Zara and Opal (January 2015) 12 117 Jan 06, 2015 11:49PM
Are there any good vampire series that have more than 5 books and the books are pretty short? 4 38 Sep 12, 2014 08:52PM
Raven And Alexanders Relationship 2 33 Mar 25, 2014 10:28AM
vampire kisses: VK movie??? 18 58 Dec 23, 2013 11:01AM
Faviorite Quote!!! :) 11 54 Dec 17, 2013 09:37AM
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • Sucks to Be Me: The All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton, Teen Vampire (maybe) (Sucks to Be Me, #1)
  • Shattered Mirror (Den of Shadows, #3)
  • Night Life (Vamps, #2)
  • The Vampire Stalker
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • Twelfth Grade Kills (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, #5)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Fangs for Freaks (Half-Blood Vampires, #2)
  • Dangerous Girls (Dangerous Girls, #1)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Bloodline (Bloodline, #1)
  • The Wedding of Antanasia Jessica Packwood and Lucius Valeriu Vladescu (Jessica, #1.5)
  • Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1)
  • Tantalize (Tantalize, #1)
  • Vampire High
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes
More about Ellen Schreiber...

Vampire Kisses (9 books)
  • Kissing Coffins (Vampire Kisses, #2)
  • Vampireville (Vampire Kisses, #3)
  • Dance with a Vampire (Vampire Kisses, #4)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Royal Blood (Vampire Kisses, #6)
  • Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, #7)
  • Cryptic Cravings (Vampire Kisses, #8)
  • Immortal Hearts (Vampire Kisses, #9)
“He looked so lost, so soulful, so lonely. I wanted him to kiss me now. I wanted to let him know I was his for all eternity.” 605 likes
“Raven?'
What do you believe in?'
I believe in - finding out!”
120 likes