Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Science Fiction > I want to devour your SF, and regurgitate reviews!

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (last edited Feb 26, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Michael Sanford (mjsauthor) | 24 comments Greetings!!!

I am looking to read some new, indie published science fiction. I am not asking for free copies (though that would be awesome), but am calling for recommendations. Pitch me your novel and I may just read it. Once read, I will leave an honest review on Goodreads and Amazon.

A few caveats:
I'm not huge on traditional space opera.
I'm looking for unique premises and ideas.
NO romance or erotic themes. Blah!
Must be able to read it on my Kindle (Mobi preferred)

Leave your recommendations here, or message me on Goodreads!

Feed me!

Thanks!

message 2: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 276 comments im in mobile so i cant get links working.

might I recommend "the most unlikely beginnings"? if you're into campy pulpy old school science fiction adventure with some blaxplotation tropes this might be up your alley. your mileage may vary 。^‿^。

message 3: by J.D. (last edited Feb 26, 2016 04:10PM) (new)

J.D. Lovil (jd_lovil) | 47 comments I have written four science fiction novels that you will either love or hate. Two of them are hard scifi space arc seeking new homes sort of novels, with nanotech, biotech and development of warp tech, and a smattering of precog. Intelligent bioengineered animals show up in some of that, also.
One of the books is more of a quest through shadow earths book, similar to Roger Zelazny's books, but explained by Quantum Mechanics Many Worlds Theory, and one is a 'shattered worldline' story with multiple earth intrusions into a single reality, a sort of reality decay process.
All books have 'guest' characters, but are stand alone books, and are implied to exist in different world lines.
Check them out at
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...
and let me know if any of them appeal to you. You can reach me at jdlovilpublishing@gmail.com, and I can provide them in any form of digital that kindle or smashwords provides, or in audiobook format.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Lowe (michellelowe7gmailcom) | 27 comments Hi, Micheal! I have a book titled Atlantic Pyramid that's in the market for more reviews. ;) Here's a brief description and a link to the first chapter. If this is something you're interested in, please let me know.

The flight started out as usual for flight instructor, Heath Sharp, and his student, Gavin Cole, until a sudden storm forces them to crash into the Atlantic Ocean. Heath awakens to find Gavin dead and his plane stuck in the middle of a historic junkyard.
The Bermuda Triangle has claimed hundreds of ships and planes over the centuries and Heath has accidentally happened upon them. Set in the center of the junkyard is an island inhabited by nearly every pilot, sailor, and passenger of those lost transporters, still alive and unchanged. The island is the centerpiece of one of the world’s greatest mysteries and there is no escape for anyone caught in its web. Yet Heath refuses to believe that this foggy, dark place will become his last destination and searches for the greatest unfound treasure of all: a way out!
Atlantic Pyramid by Michelle E. Lowe
First Chapter: http://bit.ly/XyqpI5

message 5: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 123 comments You might want to check out my latest novel The Brede Chronicles, Book One. It's my seventh novel and first of this series which is dark and takes place in 2107 New Cairo and Thebes Two. I'd post the blurb from the publisher but it would make you think it's one of those "romance" books that even I can't stand! I can send you MOBI, Kindle, pdf., and if truly needed a print copy.
pibarrington@yahoo.com.

message 6: by V.W. (new)

V.W. Singer | 141 comments Let me know if you are interested in reading an SF take on vampires and werewolves. No fantasy, no magic or curses. No romance or love triangle, although one of the main characters is female.

Vampire-Tech

message 7: by Philip (new)

Philip (phenweb) | 158 comments My To The Survivors is dystopian catastrophe sci-fi in a broader sense.

Shame on Space Opera as I have two in a series

The World of Fives and Intervention are a slighly different take on the theme.

If you would like review mobi/Kindle versions for review please let me know.

message 8: by Charles (last edited Feb 27, 2016 06:01AM) (new)

Charles | 41 comments Hi Michael,
If you're truly looking for unique, try Dancing With The Dead.
It's a tale of a brilliant astrophysicist jihadist, Fahd al-Sharfa, whose entire life has been about becoming a "martyr for truth." He's on a suicide mission to destroy two space stations and a thriving city on the moon. Everything is going according to plan until he falls in love with a seven-foot tall, cat-like, bipedal alien coworker named Quenby from a planetary race of pacifists. He begins to question his beliefs. The presence of the dead, beside and among the living cultures, both human and alien, respected for their insight and consulted at the personal and political level compounds the situation, as the dead on both the sides of law enforcement and the terrorists struggle for victory, and Fahd's quest for ultimate truth takes him beyond the veil called death.
Check out the reviews, read the sample chapters and then decide for yourself if it's as "fascinating and unique," as most readers seem to think.
Please let me know if you're interested.

message 9: by Jim (last edited Apr 04, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 1049 comments Levels , a science fiction (speculative) novel by Jim Vuksic.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12...
http://jimvuksic.tateauthor.com/
Levels is available in paperback (376 pages), e-book (Kindle/Nook/Tablet), audio book on CD (9 compact discs) and audio book download - 8 hours listening time, narrated by Stephen Rozzell.

Imagine a world without war, crime, poverty, prejudice, inequality, bigotry, greed or envy. Everyone, without exception, has access to the exact same food, clothing, housing, medical care, formal education and social advancement opportunities. Being different is not just tolerated, but is considered admirable.

Now imagine that, in this world, the words father, mother, daughter, son, brother, sister, family, marriage, government and religion do not exist because the concepts themselves do not exist. The inhabitants are occasionally transported to a place they never knew existed or required to do something without having the slightest idea of what they are doing or why it must be done.

Can you imagine such a world? Well, I did. If you should choose to visit it someday, I hope that you enjoy reading about the world of Levels as much as I enjoyed creating it.

message 10: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Davis (drardavis) | 7 comments Hi Michael,

Perhaps you would like my novel, The Fifth Prophet. The e-book is available at Amazon for 3.99. Here is the cover blurb:

Would you be willing to give up all aspects of your public religion for peace on Earth?

Is God dead, and man abandoned to his own fate, or is help coming?

How much longer will the universe leave us on our own?

Do you care what modern mathematics and physics are doing to your everyday reality?

Can the human genome be reprogrammed like your laptop computer?

This is the story of God returning to earth and choosing a scientist as his next prophet. As at any time in the history of the world, everyday events and global chaos intermingle. Why now? Is God angry enough to bring fire, and nuclear destruction? Is God choosing new believers and giving them a technological rainbow? The Family of Man survives and prospers through war, pestilence, personal dangers, and the Second Dark Ages. Will they succeed and go to the stars, or will the world turn on them? Much of the ‘action’ is intellectual, mathematical, religious, genetic, political, astronomical, but some people will die bloody deaths. Begin with the first Theorem of the New Deists: Religion is fundamentally evil, and God does not approve of it. Follow the Fifth Prophet and his Family of Man as they attempt to build a new Eden on Earth.

message 11: by P.I. (new)

P.I. (thewordslinger) | 123 comments Addition to my earlier post: I have MOBI copies that I can send to you without charge if you are willing to look at it.
P.

message 12: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Reynolds-Ward (joycereynoldsward) | 16 comments Hmm. Well, I have this series that I try to write as standalones...and the newest one, Netwalk's Children, needs some reviewer love. I characterize the Netwalk Sequence as "a multi-generational SF neuropunk romantic suspense saga, with–ahem–skiing." Another friend calls it "Regency Cyberpunk."

So here's the blurb and teaser....

The mysterious war machine device known as the Gizmo is getting restless and trying to use Melanie’s daughter Bess and her nephew Richard as a means of escape from its confinement. Meanwhile, problems arise with potential rogue Netwalkers tied not just to Melanie’s past but to her parents and the original capture of the Gizmo. Can Melanie work with her estranged Netwalker grandmother Sarah as well as Bess to stop the Gizmo and deal with past shadows that threaten to dominate Bess’s future?

Bess shuddered as she looked at what she realized was the real Gizmo. Then what’s in the Courts?
The Gizmo expanded, its color changing to the red and purple shade she’d seen connected to Kathy Miller.
Then she realized, just as its datastrings lashed out to wrap around her and Rick.
This is a different Gizmo. It’s not the same one at all.
She dropped all façade of helpless compliance and slammed up what remained of her shields around them.
she sent out through virtual, just before her shield closed completely.

Interested? Message me and I'll send you a Kindle copy.

message 13: by Traci (new)

Traci Loudin (traciloudin) | 6 comments I've got what you're looking for, Michael!

The Last of the Ageless: A Post-Apocalyptic Adventure is set on Earth 300 years after aliens showed up and the world fell into chaos. What actually brought about the apocalypse is a central mystery of the novel.

As for your caveats... It's not set in space, and the alien character plays a small role. Absolutely no romance at all--don't read it, don't write it. The unique premise is that it's a blend of science fiction and fantasy. See the full synopsis below.

$2.99 on Kindle
4.5 stars with 10 reviews on Amazon
Read the first 3 chapters

The Last of the Ageless A Post-Apocalyptic Adventure by Traci Loudin

No one survived the apocalypse unscathed—human or alien.

Dalan is a shapeshifter
He hails from a tribe of mutants dedicated to preserving fading species by taking their forms. To become fully recognized as an adult, he must pass a trial in the wastelands far from home.

Nyr is a killer
When her lust for bounty yields an ancient artifact of mysterious origin, everything she knows is turned upside down. Once a hunter, now a pawn, she must learn to rely on others to survive what's coming.

Korreth is a slave
Without any extra talents, he depends on nothing more than his strength and wits as he flees the army of mutants that enslaved him. He must return home to warn his people before the swelling ranks of monsters threaten his family.

...but in the shadows, a new threat rises—one that could end what little remains of civilization: The Last of the Ageless.

message 14: by Luciana (new)

Luciana Correa (lucorreaauthor) | 22 comments Hey, Michael. My book is sci-fi, mystery, supernatural, a bit of everything. Even a bit of horror.
Would you be ready for that?
Warlocks Angels and Warriors.
See if you like it.

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Forster (rebeccaforster) | 6 comments Hi Michael,

I write thrillers so I won't pitch my books. I would like to tell you about the most awesome sci fi I read, Eternal L.A., by Eric Czuleger. Here's the Kindle link:
mybook.to/eternalla

He also has a marvelous Sci Fi podcast called Howl:
http://apple.co/1X6m5JA

I think I can share the book with you from my Kindle (I've never done it but I think it's possible) because this book is fantastically, beautifully, smartly written. Let me know.

message 16: by Johnny (new)

Johnny Moscato (johnnymoscato) If you're looking for a unique premise you can't get much uniquer than The Project A new country built from the ground up with no system of currency. How is it possible? Check it out. I can send you a mobi copy.

message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael Lewis (mll1013) | 128 comments Michael,

I see some great books posted here... you should have plenty of material to keep you busy for a while. Even so, I'll add my book to the list as well. It is a space exploration novel with a hard sci-fi slant. Your timing is impeccable too, since book two of the series just went out to the editor last week, so if you like it, you won't have to wait too long to see how the series progresses. Since you're looking for unique ideas, I develop a new astronomical phenomenon that has astrophysicists scrambling for an answer. You can pick up The Orthogonal Galaxy for free on Kindle at Amazon or any other format on Smashwords:

Kindle
Smashwords

Happy reading!

message 18: by Kipp (new)

Kipp | 3 comments Hello,

I just finished writing first novel. I am very new to all of this. The first book is in its infancy stage at 81,000 pages first draft. You can go to my website that I am using to promote the book series: www.digitalsouls.net Hopefully you like what you see on the website-- let me know if you want to Beta Read. Thanks, Kipp

message 19: by Nathan (last edited Mar 28, 2016 08:34AM) (new)

Nathan M. | 4 comments Here is a ~10k word short scifi story I wrote called "Falling"

http://www.amazon.com/Falling-short-s...

Its about a man who jumps off the edge of a building and is surprised when he fails to hit the ground. It has quantum leap/speculative future elements.

message 20: by Jean (new)

Jean Kaczmarek | 6 comments
Hi Michael! Fan of #scifantasy?

Feel free to check my indie novel ARAKNEA

"fantasy world with rich narrative, credible characters and a noble quest."
" The vocabulary is challenging .... but serves to be a learning experience"
"If you enjoy, Game of Thrones, then this novel is for you"
"I highly recommend this for any fantasy aficionado."
"an epic fantasy blended with sci-fi elements that has the ambiance of RPG games."
" I appreciated its intricate details and aspects. Kaczmarek’s world building is no doubt imaginative and surreal."
"Kaczmarek has written an ingenious fantasy story"

You can email me at jean.baptiste.kaczmarek@gmail.com.

It is also available #free through Kindle Unlimited (
http://amzn.to/1m9ZQp7
)

steampunk SFF saga

Cheers,

Jean Kaczmarek

message 21: by Jason (new)

Jason Primrose | 3 comments Hi there Michael,

I hope you are well. I'd like to suggest my book The Andromeda Project. It's a mix of science fiction and fantasy. Some details below:

This is my first published work and I'd appreciate honest feed back, let me know if you're interested!The Andromeda Project: Book 1 of the Cluster Chronicles

The Cluster Chronicles is a series detailing the events that lead to fall of the Universe as we know it. It begins on Earth where an alien has escaped a war raging in the Andromeda Galaxy and sought temporary refuge in the Milky Way, 2.5 million light years from his enemies. But his arrival into the Sun System means our immediate future has one of two results, human evolution or extinction. The fallen King warns of ancient power hidden beneath Earth's crust.

The world's strongest governments form "the Andromeda Project" to fund an initiative to obtain a power they can't UNDERSTAND or CONTROL. This power holds the key to much needed advancement in human capabilities.

Time is running out, we must evolve.

In 2026 A.D., over thirty years after "the arrival", Allister Adams faces all of the woes of young adulthood; amnesia from childhood trauma, an emotionally distant mother and the loss of purpose that comes with being stifled by peers and authorities. In a final effort, the secret organization approaches Allister to see if he qualifies for their group of recruits, tasked with locating the elusive power. But the Andromeda Project isn't the only organization after the gems and they aren't the only organization after Allister either. How do you decide between who's right, who's wrong and what's necessary?

THERE ARE NO HEROES. THERE ARE NO VILLAINS. THERE IS ONLY SELF-PRESERVATION.

message 22: by Christi (new)

Christi Smit (ChristiSmit) | 8 comments Hello Micheal,

I recently published my debut novel Gamma Nine on most digital platforms and would love for you to read it. It is trending on stores like KOBO, staying in the TOP 50 and 1st in its Categories for a few weeks now.

Please feel free to contact me at commander@gamma-nine.com so I can send you a copy. I only want people to read and enjoy my stories, so there is no obligation when it comes to reviewing my novel. if you enjoy it then you tell a friend, if you don't then no harm done.

A link to it here on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis:
Historians warned humankind how its eventual destruction would be at the hands of its own kind, but no-one ever heeded their fictional warnings. Those wise men and women would ultimately be proven wrong as humankind’s kingdom expanded beyond its natural borders. None of them could have ever fathomed the horror that waited for us in the darkness between the stars. We, the dominant race in the universe, never stopped to think if we should be conquering the unknown, plundering everything in our path as we pushed further and further away from our home world. Our arrogance would be our undoing, our ignorance the weapon used to strike where we least expected it. Gamma Nine, the vessel of our doom, was the prison of an organism so hungry, so violent, that nothing could ever satisfy its insatiable appetite. In our arrogance we stumbled upon it, unwittingly allowing it to infect our bodies. It changed us, turning our own flesh against us. Nothing we possessed could stop the organism’s bloody advance through our star kingdom. We sacrificed millions to keep the monsters that lurked in the shadows away from our most precious possession - our future. We needed a new weapon to stand against the nightmare consuming us from within. We needed heroes to fight for our race’s survival. We needed Titans.

Thank you for your time.

message 23: by Jean (new)

Jean Kaczmarek | 6 comments Try Araknea.com ^^
free with Kindleunlimited
or 0.99 cents

message 24: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 752 comments Hi Michael,

"Time After Time" takes apart the logical inconsistencies of time travel as evidenced in movies like "Terminator", "Looper" et al and does it with dark humour and a banging soundtrack (novel comes with link to 40+ track Spotify playlist of all the songs that appear in it). The novel's structure is that of both The Butterfly Effect and parallel universe theory, with the same man, the same woman, the same seduction-cum-murder up close scenario scene, but a myriad of different outcomes as the play between the sexes takes many different turns, based on a missed sign or a misunderstood tone. And who is the mysterious DJ playing songs on his twin turntables that don't just background the action between the suitors, but perhaps actually controls it...?

Available on Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Time-After-Marc...

message 25: by J. (new)

J. Mauldin (jfmauldin) | 2 comments You might like this one...

“When the last two remaining warships of humanity’s first interplanetary conflict face off, the fate of Mars rests in the hands of one engineer, David Goddard. If David can’t find a way through a twisted web of political deceit, technical faults and guilt over a past he cannot escape, everyone will die.”

Final Solution is a hard science fiction thriller set in the near future, a hybrid of novels such as “The Expanse”, “The Martian” and “The Hunt for Red October”. With equal parts action and intrigue, Final Solution will keep you guessing at who the enemy truly is. Secrets will lie within secrets, back room deals will be made and protective natures will threaten the future of humanity.

http://amzn.to/1S26Axu

message 26: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Dalton (ryandalton) | 9 comments My sci-fi novel is a time travel mystery. Here's a link:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

"When 15-year-old twins Malcolm and Valentine Gilbert moved to a new town, they never imagined that the old house across the street could bring them so much trouble. A secret machine has reawakened inside, with the power to pierce time itself.

Meanwhile, lightning storms are breaking out all over town. They’re getting worse every week, and seem to enjoy striking kids who just want to pass science class and mind their own business. When Malcolm and Valentine discover a connection between the house and the storms, their situation goes from mysterious to crazy stupid dangerous. Someone is controlling the great machine, and their purpose is nearly complete.

In a race against time, the twins must uncover the chilling plan, the mastermind behind it, and the force that’s driving the deadly storms. They’ll hunt a powerful enemy that threatens their town’s existence, and the only clues are written in the sky."

message 27: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Lawson | 1 comments Sounds perfect! Just published BURROW, which a recent reader described to me as "If Dean Koontz had written a 'Game of Thrones in Space' fan fiction."

I think you'll like it!

http://amzn.to/29Y50yi

message 28: by B.M. (new)

B.M. Gomez (authorbmgomez) | 22 comments Conflicts of the Universe

https://giveaway.amazon.com/p/4f8a367...

Enter the amazon link above for a chance to win. I have a giveaway for five free Conflicts of the Universe (Earth at War) paperbacks. Winners will be randomly chosen by amazon. The free book giveaway expires today on the 23rd Jul 2016 23:59 EST. Good luck to everyone.

B. M. Gomez

message 29: by Ray (new)

Ray Chilensky | 3 comments The Fate of Nations: Fire Team Alpha Book One myBook.to/Fate-Of-Nations

The FIRE Team Alpha Series

In the year 2091 an attempt to impose a global government festered into a dystopic, authoritarian nightmare. After fifteen years of global conflict, the World Central Authority has been shattered; leaving the world in virtual dark age. The United States and its allied nation-states were victorious, but only at an unimaginable cost. The fragments of the defeated global government are mired in chaos and the profiteers of the Corporate Consortium grow ever richer while perpetuating conflict on a planetary scale.

The aspiration for a global government has not died in the minds of the would-be tyrants. Ancient feuds over race and religion have reemerged with greater intensity than ever before. Newly liberated nation-states contend against the remnants of the global government, newly formed nations, and one another for political dominance and ever more scarce natural resources. The Corporate Consortium uses its superior technology and nearly limitless wealth to mold events to its will.

The Fast Intervention Raiding and Espionage teams are elite, multinational units of genetically enhanced special operators. They are the tier one striking forces of the United States and its allies in the Free Nationalist Forces. Drawn from the world’s finest special operations forces; the F.I.R.E. teams combine the best, most demanding military training in the world with more than human physical and mental capabilities granted by advanced genetic engineering. The F.I.R.E. teams are the most lethal warriors in human history.

Leading F.I.R.E. Team Alpha, Douglas Carter finds his team at the crux of the geopolitical disintegration threatening the human race. Masters of controlled violence, the members of Team Alpha operate in a world where death is incidental, truth exists only in the shadows, and power is the only true currency.

message 30: by Charles (new)

Charles | 41 comments So you want unique premises and ideas?
Something that challenges people's perception of death, life after death and the quest for truth that continues after the change called death?

Something that has become an Indiefab Book of the Year Finalist and a CIPA Evvy Award Finalist?

Then you might want to read Dancing With The Dead Dancing With The Dead by Charles Freedom Long

http://mybook.to/dancingwithdead

message 31: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Pattison | 9 comments Michael:

I think I have what you're looking for.

Alibi Interrupted (my second release) meets all of the criteria you listed and it's free to download from Amazon today (August 27th).
https://www.amazon.com/Alibi-Interrup...

I'd love to know what you think.

Sincerely,
- J. L. Pattison

message 32: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Pruden | 4 comments Hi Michael: I am looking for ARC readers for my Science Fiction/Thriller- The Ares Weapon - currently available as paperback on Amazon, but will be released as an eBook on Oct 1, 2016. You can pick up a free review copy at instafreebie until Sept 30, 2016. https://www.instafreebie.com/free/s0LNZ
After that date, please message me through goodreads to arrange for a copy.
Synopsis:
Dr. Melanie Destin’s life is a mess. In a desperate attempt to start over, she accepts an interplanetary salvage job that will pay her enough to rebuild a new life on Mars. When she learns the real purpose of the mission is to recover an apocalyptic virus, everything begins to unravel...

Planetary governments compete to control the pathogen which the expedition leader plans to steal. Meanwhile the corporation that hired her wants to eliminate anyone involved…

With her life in danger and not knowing who to trust, Mel must find a way to keep the virus out of the wrong hands. If she fails, billions will die…

The Ares Weapon, the first book in the Mars Ascendant Series, is a sci fi thriller about the consequences of humanity's Mars colonization and effort to terraform the planet. If you like science fiction with a strong female lead character, ruthless villains and a page turning plot, you'll love The Ares Weapon

message 33: by Nick (new)

Nick Edward | 5 comments Hey Michael. Just posted a thread on Goodreads about this, but don't want you to miss it. Beginning Thursday morning, December 29th at approximately 3am EST, Relayor (4.8 out of 5 stars) can be downloaded from Amazon without charge as part of a 48-hour promotional giveaway. I think you might like it. Simply click on the link.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HI4PA8S

Enjoy,
Nick

message 34: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee | 1 comments I don't have a science/fiction work out, but just had to post:

LOL! Good intro, Michael. I wish I did, but it would have blah romance in it. Hope you find some good ones!!!

message 35: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Canepa | 33 comments Check out my ebook, Seeing Through Sampson's Eyes for just .99 on Kindle Countdown! Ends 1/03. http://amzn.to/29sMhAA #scifi #ebook #.99 (In the U.S., but will be on promo in UK starting tomorrow).
It is also in Kindle Unlimited and covers topics of identity, ethics in future technology, and a young lady coming-of-age and learning about her family roots.
The only romance is that of a 20-year-old girl falling for a few guys and then realizing which ones she needs to ditch, and that's only part of her discovering who she is. That, and her mother learning to let go of her loved one. Not a romance book at all.

message 36: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Witz (writerwitz) | 33 comments Hi Michael... Love Sci-fi and written Sci-fi. I'm 1 of 7 authors with a recently published short story anthology "Through Button Eyes" that has several speculative Sci-fi and Dystopian stories included. However, there are 13 diverse genres in the book... so why not try something new for the New Year? You get your Sci-fi "fix" AND you get to dip your toe into a pool of various other genres! The fact that they are short fiction allows anyone the opportunity to skip around and read whatever catches their interest. Excerpts of each story are on http://placergoldwriters.org . Happy reading!!

message 37: by Joyce (new)

Joyce Reynolds-Ward (joycereynoldsward) | 16 comments Hi Michael--
Would you be interested in looking at my latest book, Netwalking Space? I can provide a free Kindle or epub copy.

Here's the blurb:

78,954 alien devices appear just outside Pluto orbit, with a projected trajectory that ends at Earth…and the data shows they’re identical to the Gizmo war machine that destroyed ten Earth cities before it was captured and confined….

For four generations Bess Fielding and her family have led the battle to control the destructive Gizmo device that also allowed for the development of Netwalk, a digital virtual networking and communication system that allows personalities to upload at death. Bess, her mother Melanie, and her Netwalker great-grandmother Sarah have suspected Gizmo’s alien origin for years.

But when a fleet of Gizmo devices arrives at the Solar System, their focus on defending against this invasion is disrupted by disclosures of dark secrets from Sarah’s past. These revelations provoke a dangerous breakdown in Bess’s grandmother Diana, turning her into a Gizmo collaborator. Bess and her family must unite to save Diana and lead the fight to protect Earth—but who is trustworthy? Who is a betrayer? Who gets sacrificed to stop the invading fleet? Bess, Melanie, and Sarah are in a race against time and face tough choices…that will impact those they love.

message 38: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 35 comments No space opera or romance? That takes all the fun out of it imo. ;)

However, if you're interested in a sci-fi that is quite different than your average space opera with elements of fantasy and metaphysical philosophy, my book series, Shiva XIV, might be for you.

Check it out and decide for yourself!

Shiva XIV (Shiva XIV #1) by Lyra Shanti

https://www.amazon.com/Shiva-XIV-Book...

message 39: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Leibenguth (FeliciaLeibenguth) | 3 comments Hi,
I'm looking for reviews for my debut novel, 'Juniper'!

Juniper is a riveting, fast-paced novel that takes place a thousand years into the future, where Earth is dead, and an alien race is out to destroy humankind. The only hope for survival is in the form of an 18-year-old girl named Juniper, and her constant K-9 companion, Shelbie. Together they face the unknown, but when the enemy closes in, lines become blurred and she doesn't know who to trust...

If you are interested in reading my novel, please let me know! :-)

For more information about Juniper, please visit:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQE5M94

Juniper by Felicia Leibenguth

THANK YOU!

message 40: by Shikha (new)

Shikha | 1 comments Michael wrote: "Greetings!!!

I am looking to read some new, indie published science fiction. I am not asking for free copies (though that would be awesome), but am calling for recommendations. Pitch me your novel..."

I don't know whether it will interest you but recently I read a new novel by an indie author I found on amazon. The book's name is Starship Samudram. I'm adding the link below:

Starship Samudram

It's quite an amazing read I must say and the ideas the author has tried to describe in the novel were grand. You may probably check it out and see if interests you.

message 41: by S. (new)

S. Thomas (sshanethomas) | 8 comments Michael wrote: "Greetings!!!

I am looking to read some new, indie published science fiction. I am not asking for free copies (though that would be awesome), but am calling for recommendations. Pitch me your novel..."

Hi Michael,

Distant Origins

In the near future a half million colonists from Earth arrive in a solar system that isn't as unoccupied or hospitable as anticipated. Artificial beings acting on their ancient programming threaten to destroy the colonists. Members of the Colonial Security Force struggle to overcome the threat and in turn discover that humanity's distant origins lie on this world and the ancient aliens that once called it home.

Please email shane_is_tall@yahoo.com for your copy, .epub, .mobi, .pdf, .azw3 are all available.

message 42: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Veracruz (melissaveracruz) | 96 comments Sorry if you're no longer in the market for new Sci-Fi to read, but James M. Corkill writes some amazing stuff. As adults with lives, there is some very covert romance (as they have families and relationships), but it's all none-romance-y. I've read two of his novels, Cold Energy and Red Energy, and have been very pleased with his science and his fiction. heheh Very well-written and intriguing sci-fi about alien tech wreaking havoc here on Earth! The series starts with Dead Energy; however, I didn't read that one.

message 43: by Will (new)

Will (willdhb) | 6 comments If you're still looking and you're up for Sci-Fi comedy, I'm happy to recommend my book, The Taste of Cashews. It's in the same vein as Douglas Adams. Synopsis:

Wesley Harden was an ordinary history teacher, until he was accused of leading a rebellion that doesn't exist and stealing a weapon that no one understands. Now, if he wants to survive, he'll have to outrun a devious bounty hunter, a tyrannical Empire, and a local dictator who, on the whole, would rather have been an accountant. But along the way, Wes just might learn that some things are more important than surviving. And, while he's at it, he might even prevent a cashew-flavored apocalypse.

message 44: by Spark (new)

Spark D'Ark (sparkdark) | 9 comments Janus Quadrifrons

Janus Quadrifrons is a dark mind game written in order to manipulate your perception of Human Identity, Self Awareness,Freedom of Choice, Reality and Time.

Janus has the ability to connect with other people's conciousness. Alex enhances that ability at a secret, dystopian laboratory using genetic engeneering, quantum mechanics and advanced technology in order to bend Reality and Time. Mark is a doctor who maintains the balance between Janus and Alex.
Each one of them is on a quest for his own personnal "Happy Ending" while both "Happy" and "Ending" are deceitful.

Free on Kindle Unlimited

UK -> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Janus-Quadri...
US -> http://amzn.to/2fapern

Free Audiobook Version on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIcpl...

I hope that you enjoy it :)
If you give it a chance, I would appreciate a review :)

message 45: by John (new)

John (johnmurz) | 10 comments Hello, Michael.

Perhaps you would like my novel Elthea's Realm. Elthea's Realm

What if a computer virus became more than we ever expected?

The setting for this new novel is the fictional world of Elthea’s Realm. Five friends who have drifted apart after college, are involuntarily brought to this land. Here they are befriended by a race of people called the Astari. These people were once computer software programs on Earth, but they evolved, gaining intelligence and became mortal. Their nemesis is an evil race called the Bots, who gained physical form after beginning their existence as destructive computer virus programs. Now the Bots are pursuing the five friends because of their participation in a nearly forgotten college course called The Utopia Project.

Thanks for considering it.
John

message 46: by Brian (new)

Brian D Howard | 4 comments Ask and you shall receive, it seems!

I'll throw one more into the ring:

Simon Rising is a character-driven superhero novel, conveniently on sale for just $99 (Kindle) for the rest of March (going back up to $2.99 in April).

Five years ago, an alien ship crashed into the bay. Since then, vigilantes and criminals with extraordinary powers increasingly dominate headlines.

A man wakes up in the hospital with no memory. He's told he is Steve Ambrose, a serial bank robber who was shot while being arrested. Everything changes when he discovers he has telekinetic powers. Hunted by FBI Special Agent Rachel Moore, and with unknown enemies around every corner, can he change who he is, or is the dark criminal everyone accuses him of being too deeply a part of his nature to escape?
Simon Rising (After the Crash, #1) by Brian D. Howard

message 47: by Alistair (new)

Alistair Potter | 24 comments Michael wrote: "Greetings!!!

How about; "...one of the best books ever to include the word ‘Potter’ on the cover, that’s a formidable rival to more celebrated work by the likes of Rob Grant and Doug Naylor..."

That's The Box of Tricks The Box of Tricks by Alistair Potter - interested?

And/or my soon to be released Perax Frontier Perax Frontier by Alistair Potter

"Advanced technology is just one of the things that don't work on Perax Frontier, a doughnut shaped asteroid floating in the depths of interstellar space. Located at its hollow centre is the Interface, the only known connection between this and the Atlathian Universe. Sitting either side of the Interface, and bathed in its ever-present 'daylight' glow, are the two frontier townships Praxton and Millaki, both functioning without any electrically based technologies.

Set against this unusual background, and fighting the hierarchal nature of Imperial society, Sheriff Artur Perax investigates the shocking murder of the outgoing Imperial Ambassador, Madam Lintsa Kroft. And all the time still keeping order among the visitors, frustrated scientists, religious fanatics, and plain good folks who keep the flow of trade goods moving across the Interface."

PM me for .mobi copies.

Cheers, Alistair.