Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive (BOTM) > Group Series Read #1 - Nomination Thread

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Feb 26, 2016 11:31AM) (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Hi readers!! We are super excited to announce our newest group reading activity... a GROUP SERIES READ. We have done this in the past, and we are resurrecting it, after many member requests!

For each series selected by the group (by poll), we will spend 3 weeks reading and discussing each book before moving on to the next in the series.

This is the nomination thread.

FIRST THINGS FIRST
Please, please, PLEASE!!! Make sure you read the Rules and Regulations FIRST, before you nominate a series!! Any series that does not meet nomination requirements will be removed, without notice, from the nomination thread for the sake of clarity.

Each member may nominate 1 series ONLY, which can be either Adult or Young Adult. The series must be 10 books or less!

Edited to add: The mods discussed our book limit rule and have come to a consensus that if an 11th book is coming out this year, it will not be eligible for nomination. Our reason for using a limit at all, is to keep the amount of time the group is on one series down. Remember that a 10 book series will equate to 30 weeks, more than half the year!

In keeping with the theme of our group, all series nominated should be paranormal/urban fantasy in nature. Authors are (as usual) not permitted to nominate their own books.

Nominations begin now and will run through February 29, 2016 at 11:59pm, US Eastern Time Zone.

Happy Nominating!

message 2: by Myst (new)

Myst | 108 comments May I nominate Skinwalker (Jane Yellowrock, #1) by Faith Hunter ? There are 9 full length novels currently with the 10th coming out April 5, 2016.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 243 comments I nominate the Dark Protectors series by Rebecca Zanetti. There are 7 novels and the series is complete.

Fated (Dark Protectors, #1) by Rebecca Zanetti

message 4: by Sabrina (last edited Feb 27, 2016 09:46AM) (new)

Sabrina (casper131979) | 3 comments I would like to nominate Darynda Jones's Charley Davidson series the first book is First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones .

message 5: by Vera (new)

Vera M. Blood of Eden Trilogy by Julie Kagawa

message 6: by Krysta (new)

Krysta (krystafig) | 4089 comments I would like to nominate Rachel Vincent's Shifters series.
Stray is the first of the series. there are 6 books total, and the main series is complete (a spin-off series has started, but only the first book has been released so far).

Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 7: by Ashley (last edited Feb 25, 2016 08:32AM) (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Gwen wrote: "Sorry for the multiple posts, this so is glitchy on my phone. :O"

That's ok Gwen. I deleted them.

PS - It's not necessary to second a nomination. If it's eligible, it's included. I'm going to delete any "seconding" post, since we don't have to have them. Please feel free to nominate a different series if you'd like to. Thanks!

message 8: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl La Pa (cheryllp) I nominate the Shadow Reader series by Sandy Williams. There are three books in the series and it is complete.
The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1) by Sandy Williams

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda (readingfairytales) I'll nominate the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. There are 7 books in the series, I think.
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

message 10: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I'll nominate the Darkest Powers trilogy by Kelley Armstrong.
The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Awakening (Darkest Powers, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) by Kelley Armstrong

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Hi everyone! The mods discussed our book limit rule and have come to a consensus that if an 11th book is coming out this year, it will not be eligible for nomination. Our reason for using a limit at all, is to keep the amount of time the group is on one series down. Remember that a 10 book series will equate to 30 weeks, more than half the year!

I'm going to delete the nominations for the 2 series that were nominated with an 11th book coming out this year, so if you nominated one, please feel free to choose another series!

Sorry for the confusion!

message 12: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 15 comments Oh this sounds fun! I nominate the Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle. There are 9 novels in the series but there were also a few novellas. They aren't essential to the story (additional character POV). Would this fit the guidelines?

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Yes, we only count full length novels, so that series should be fine! Members are free to read the novellas, but we won't set aside time as a group to do it or purposely discuss the novellas (although there's no law against it, lol).

message 14: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 17 comments Ok. Since my other nomination had too many books, how about ghe Sabina Kane seies by Jaye Wells? There are 5 books and she says she doesn't plan on any more. I haven't read yet but they have been on my tbr for awhile. :)

message 15: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 15 comments Ok great! Thanks

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Basile (ahunsicker) | 280 comments Sure Tiffany!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.