Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives 2014 > Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (last edited Apr 30, 2014 01:45AM) (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments WYA Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014
Each month you can read a new language for hello and/or goodbye.

Rules: This is a spelling challenge, so use the authors first or last name or the title or series title that starts with that letter. If you use the series title, please make sure to include that in your book list. You can choose Either Hello Or Goodbye Or do both.

descriptiondescriptiondescription

This month is Hebrew, celebrating Israel's national day, May 15th.

Hebrew ~
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot

message 2: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (last edited Apr 30, 2014 01:45AM) (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments If GR fixes the problem with pictures, I'll add in the others I'd picked out :)

ETA: Done :)

message 3: by Maggie (last edited May 27, 2014 09:16AM) (new)

Maggie (magzzzz) | 19 comments Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014
duration: 5/1/14 - 5/31/14
Finished: 13/13

S: Play by: Kylie Scott 5/2 *****
H: Highlander's Challenge 5/5 ***
A: Amaryllis 5/10 ****
L: Justice by: Laurann Dohner 5/20 ****
O: Deviant Knights by: Alexandra O'Hurley 5/26 *
M: Party Naked by: Mari Carr 5/4 ***

H: Beck by: Harper Sloan 5/3 ***
I: In Death series Ceremony in Death 5/22 ****
T: Temporarily Yours5/16 ***
R: Razing Kayne 5/25 **
A: Asking for Trouble 5/25 ****
O: Outlander 5/19 ****
T: Bannockburn Binding by: Tracy Cooper-Posey 5/12 **

To Read:

Finished:

Play (Stage Dive, #2) by Kylie Scott Beck (Corps Security, #3) by Harper Sloan Party Naked (Cocktales #1) by Mari Carr Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1) by Jo Barrett Amaryllis (St. Helen's, #1) by Jayne Castle Bannockburn Binding (Beloved Bloody Time, #1) by Tracy Cooper-Posey Temporarily Yours (Shillings Agency #1) by Diane Alberts Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon Justice (New Species, #4) by Laurann Dohner Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5) by J.D. Robb Razing Kayne (Walking a Thin Blue Line, #1) by Julieanne Reeves Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty, #4) by Tessa Bailey Deviant Knights (Knights of the Temple, #1) by Alexandra O'Hurley

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments I'm in! Now I just have to figure out which books to read. I do know I don't have many good I choices left...

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Sandra wrote: "If GR fixes the problem with pictures, I'll add in the others I'd picked out :)"

It is a GRs problem? Here I've been trying everything to fix it. LOL!

message 6: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments BTW, I'm in. ☺

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments WYA: Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

Hebrew:
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot
00/13

S. - Skin Game, by Jim Butcher (audible.com pre-order)
H. - His Majesty's Dragon, by Naomi Novik (SJLibrary-OCD)
A. - Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye, by Victoria Laurie (SFLibrary-eBook)
L. - Lord of Scoundrels, by Loretta Chase (audible.com) “r.r.v.a.”
O. - Oust, Gail = 'Til Dice Do Us Part (PB)
M. - The More I See You, by Lynn Kurland (PB - If I can find it.)
Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim Butcher His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2) by Gail Oust The More I See You (De Piaget, #8) by Lynn Kurland
H. - Hoyt, Elizabeth = The Raven Prince (audible.com) “r.r.v.a.”
I.  - Immortals After Dark # -Pleasure of a Dark Prince, by Kresley Cole (audible.com) “r.r.v.a.”
T. - Tara Conklin = The House Girl (SFLibrary-eBook & ODA)
R. - Roberts, Nora = The Witness (CDs to iPod/Touch)
A. - After the Storm: The Founding Years #1 - High Plains Bride, by Valerie Hansen (Kindle)
O. - Osborne, Maggie = The Best Man (HC)
T. - Thomas, Jodi = Just Down the Road (PB & audible.com wishlist)
The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole The House Girl by Tara Conklin The Witness by Nora Roberts High Plains Bride (After the Storm The Founding Years, #1) by Valerie Hansen The Best Man by Maggie Osborne Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4) by Jodi Thomas
Alternates:
I.  - Iced Chiffon, by Duffy Brown (SJLibrary-PB; need to request)
O. - Otherworld #2 - Stolen, by Kelley Armstrong (SFLibrary-eBook)
M. - The Mane Event, by Shelly Laurenston (SFLibrary-eBook & audible.com wishlist)
R. - Robyn Carr = Whispering Rock (OCD) “r.r.v.a.”
T. - Tempting the Bride, by Sherry Thomas (SJLibrary-PB requested)
Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Whispering Rock (Virgin River, #3) by Robyn Carr Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3) by Sherry Thomas

message 8: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Sandra wrote: "If GR fixes the problem with pictures, I'll add in the others I'd picked out :)"

It is a GRs problem? Here I've been trying everything to fix it. LOL!"

Yep, its site wide Lisa Kay. There's a thread in Feedback as well :)

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Lara wrote: "I'm in! Now I just have to figure out which books to read. I do know I don't have many good I choices left..."

Lara, you could always just read Shalom, no i's :)

message 10: by Lisa Kay (last edited May 08, 2014 06:29AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Thanks, Sandra! I knew you'd know just the link. I was being lazy and not searching for me... when I knew you'd come through. ☺

message 11: by Karena (last edited May 28, 2014 06:31PM) (new)

message 12: by ladymurmur (last edited May 26, 2014 03:49PM) (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments I'm in! Going for Shalom first, though planning for both.

Completed 6/6 (Shalom)

Hebrew ~

S - Sparrow Hill Road - DONE!
H - Sworn in Steel - DONE!
A - The Affinity Bridge - DONE!
L - The Lies of Locke Lamora - DONE!
O - Hello, Moto by Nnedi Okorafor - Done!
M - Mountain Dead - DONE!

H - The Habitation of the Blessed
I - The Runestone Incident #2 in the Incident series
T - The Tenor Wore Tapshoes
R - The Rise of Renegade X
A - American Gods
O - Sell-By Date by Melissa F. Olson
T - Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone

Completed:
Sparrow Hill Road (Ghost Stories, #1) by Seanan McGuire Sworn in Steel (Tales of the Kin, #2) by Douglas Hulick The Affinity Bridge (Newbury and Hobbes, #1) by George Mann The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) by Scott Lynch Hello, Moto by Nnedi Okorafor Mountain Dead by Jason Sizemore

Possibles:
London Falling by Paul Cornell Of Mice and Magic (Ravenspell, #1) by David Farland The Habitation of the Blessed (A Dirge for Prester John, #1) by Catherynne M. Valente The Runestone Incident (The Incident Series, #2) by Neve Maslakovic The Tenor Wore Tapshoes (The Liturgical Mystery #3) by Mark Schweizer The Rise of Renegade X (Renegade X, #1) by Chelsea M. Campbell American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil Gaiman Sell-By Date by Melissa F. Olson Three Parts Dead (Craft Sequence #1) by Max Gladstone

message 13: by Lara (last edited May 13, 2014 03:53PM) (new)

Lara | 742 comments Okay, I got to spend some time yesterday looking up books. I drew almost exclusively from books I planned to try to read this year.

Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

S: Sarah A. Hoyt, author of DarkShip Thieves 5/11 ***
H: Heaven's Queen 5/10 ****
A: Angel, hero of When We Met 5/9 ****
L: Lisa Kleypas's Mine Till Midnight 5/12 ***
O: One Touch of Scandal 5/8 ****
M: Mercy Thompson of Night Broken 5/7 *****

H: The Honor of the Queen 5/5 ****
I: The Iron Wyrm Affair 5/2 ****
T: To Honor You Call Us 5/7 ****
R: S.M. Reine's The 19 Dragons 5/8 ***
A: Zoe Archer's Warrior 5/3 ***
O: Open Minds 5/7 **
T: Terms & Conditions Apply 5/1 ****

Read
Terms & Conditions Apply by Pippa Jay The Iron Wyrm Affair (Bannon & Clare, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington, #2) by David Weber To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1) by H. Paul Honsinger Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn The 19 Dragons by S.M. Reine One Touch of Scandal (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #1) by Liz Carlyle When We Met (Fool's Gold, #13) by Susan Mallery Heaven's Queen (Paradox, #3) by Rachel Bach DarkShip Thieves by Sarah A. Hoyt Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 14: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Oh, I hope you enjoy Warrior, Lara. I did a chapter by chapter pictorial of that book under my review of it (so it isn't really a review). Starting with Chapter 5, the pics are under spoilers. If you're interested, here it is.

message 15: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, I hope you enjoy Warrior, Lara. I did a chapter by chapter pictorial of that book under my review of it (so it isn't really a review). Starting with Chapter 5, the pics are und..."

Ooh, thanks LK. I'll have to check that out as I finish each chapter.

message 16: by Stephanie (last edited May 27, 2014 05:27PM) (new)

Stephanie | 13 comments May 2014
Hebrew
Completed: 9/13

S:
Next of Kin by Sharon Sala 05/05/14
H: Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley
A: Affairs of Dragons by Lena Austin 05/27/14
L: The Sun Witch by Linda Winstead Jones
O: Heart Fortune by Robin Owens 05/13/14
M: Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

H: Mackenzie's Mountain by Linda Howard 05/01/14
I: Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews 05/17/14
T: Then Came You by Lisa Kleypas 05/06/14
R: Naked In Death by J. D. Robb 05/09/14
A: At Last by Jill Shalvis 05/09/14
O: Once Upon a Castle by Nora Roberts and Others 05/18/14
T: To the Limit by Cindy Gerard

Next of Kin (Rebel Ridge, #1) by Sharon Sala Heaven and Hell (Heaven and Hell, #1) by Kristen Ashley Affairs of Dragons (Dragon's Mate, #1) by Lena Austin The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, #1) by Linda Winstead Jones Heart Fortune (Celta's Heartmates, #12) by Robin D. Owens Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) by Linda Howard Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Naked in Death (In Death, #1) by J.D. Robb At Last (Lucky Harbor, #5) by Jill Shalvis Once Upon a Castle by Nora Roberts To the Limit (The Bodyguards, #2) by Cindy Gerard

message 17: by Patty (last edited May 31, 2014 07:45PM) (new)

Patty (catnaping) | 415 comments I'm in
Shalom 0/6

S Showalter,Gena Burning Dawn
H Hammered Kevin Hearne
A Alexandra Ivy Born in Blood
L Lynsay Sands Born to Bite
O The One Kiera Cass
M Mayfair Moon J.A Redmerski

Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3) by Gena Showalter Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne Born in Blood (The Sentinels, #1) by Alexandra Ivy Born to Bite (Argeneau, #13) by Lynsay Sands The One (The Selection, #3) by Kiera Cass The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy, #1) by J.A. Redmerski

message 18: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

message 19: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments Lara wrote: "Okay, I got to spend some time yesterday looking up books. I drew almost exclusively from books I planned to try to read this year..."

This is the first of these challenges that I've planned exclusively from titles already on (or about to be on as soon as they release next week) my Kindle. No waiting on holds to come in at the library this time.

I think this is also the first challenge that I've planed entirely from new reads, no re-reads. Kind of exciting!

message 20: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Yay ladymurmur!!!!

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments ladymurmur, let us know how it turns out. I have so may books to read that I often have a hard time justifying rereads, even though I love them.

message 22: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments @Lara - Re-reads are the literary equivalent of comfort food for me. Or ordering a favorite dish/indulgent dessert at a restaurant.

But my picks for this month's challenge are for the most part next-in-series/new titles by authors that I already love, and/or titles that I'm really excited to read, so that may override my normal tendency to reach for an old favorite if life gets stressful.

message 23: by Suzanne (last edited Jun 05, 2014 02:32PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 118 comments Who's Your Author?
Duration:
5/1/2014 - 5/31/2014

Progress: 13 out of 13

~ Hebrew ~
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot

S: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - ***** - 5/7/2014
H: Robert Harris; Pompeii - * - 5/28/2014
A: Alan Bradley; The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches - ***** - 5/14/2014
L: Lisa Kleypas; Married By Morning - ***** - 5/14/2014
O: Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman - ***** - 5/31/2014
M: The Maze Runner by James Dashner - *** - 5/6/2014

H: House Rules by Jodi Picoult - ***** - 5/29/2014
I: The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd - ***** - 5/18/2014
T: Terry Pratchett; The Light Fantastic - **** - 5/1/2014
R: Richelle Mead; Spirit Bound - ***** - 5/27/2014
A: Lori Austin; Beauty and the Bounty Hunter - ***** - 5/28/2014
O: Malika Oufkir; Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail - ***** - 5/30/2014
T: Thinking of You by Jill Mansell - ***** - 5/8/2014

The Light Fantastic (Discworld, #2) by Terry Pratchett The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead Thinking of You by Jill Mansell Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches (Flavia de Luce, #6) by Alan Bradley The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead Pompeii by Robert Harris Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman Stolen Lives Twenty Years in a Desert Jail by Malika Oufkir House Rules by Jodi Picoult Beauty and the Bounty Hunter (Once Upon a Time in the West, #1) by Lori Austin

message 24: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (last edited May 16, 2014 11:51AM) (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) WYA: Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014
Hebrew: Hello ~ Shalom / Goodbye ~ Hitraot
Duration 01/05/14 - 31/05/14

Progress 08/13

S ✔ Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K. Hamilton (08/05/14)
H ✔A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton (05/05/14)
A ✔ French Quarter by Lacey Alexander (05/05/14)
L ✔ A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton (10/05/14)
O✔ Origin by Dani Worth (03/05/14)
M Live by Mary Ann Rivers
Seduced by Moonlight (Merry Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1) by Lacey Alexander A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Origin (The Kithran Regenesis, #4) by Dani Worth Live (Burnside, #1) by Mary Ann Rivers

H Inked Armor by Helena hunting
I ✔ It Happened One Wedding by Julie James (11/05/14)
T ✔ The Prince by Tiffany Reisz (01/05/14)
R ✔ Replicant by Dani Worth (02/05/14)
A Baby, Be Mine by Vivian Arend
O One Perfect Night by Bella Andre
T Easy by Tammara Weber
Inked Armor (Clipped Wings, #2) by Helena Hunting It Happened One Wedding (FBI / US Attorney, #5) by Julie James The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3) by Tiffany Reisz Replicant (The Kithran Regenesis, #2) by Dani Worth Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) by Tammara Webber Baby, Be Mine (Thompson & Sons, 1.5 Bonus Story) by Vivian Arend One Perfect Night (The Sullivans, #8.5) by Bella Andre

message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments I've finished saying good bye, and am now working on hello. And I've already swapped out 3 books and plan to change at least one other.

Since I'm trying to stick with books that I already own or are available through the library, it adds a bit more challenge. But, I'm glad I've finished some books I've owned for several years now.

message 26: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Yay Lara! I'm forever swapping books, and congrats on getting some books off the long term tbr :)

message 27: by ladymurmur (last edited May 12, 2014 02:23PM) (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments Good for you, Lara!

I tend to end up swapping a bunch, too. It is so hard to know on the 1st what I'll want to be reading on the 17th. :-)

Unless I'm reading for a class or work project, there's just no reason for me to read something for which I'm not in the mood. Why eat sushi if you're really hungry for chocolate mousse?

(oh - and 2/6 done for Shalom, with 2 more under way.)

message 28: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (last edited May 13, 2014 06:41AM) (new)

Hebrew ~
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot

6/13 Completed

S Saving His Mate 13/5/14 ★★★★
H Heart of Venom
A The Abduction 13/5/14 ★★★
L J.J. Lore - Bondmate 12/5/14 ★★★
O Kaitlyn O'Connor - Cyborg
M Michele Bardsley - Chosen by the Alpha 4/5/14 ★★★

Saving His Mate (Crescent Moon, #4) by Savannah Stuart Heart of Venom (Elemental Assassin, #9) by Jennifer Estep The Abduction by Erin Durante Bondmate (Planet Alpha, #1) by J.J. Lore Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #2) by Kaitlyn O'Connor Chosen by the Alpha (Pack Rules, #1) by Michele Bardsley

H S.J. Harper - Cursed 4/5/14 ★★★★
I Larissa Ione - Desire Unchained
T Tracking Trisha
R Rosemary and Rue
A Written in Red
O Overcome 13/5/14 ★★★
T Tansy's Titan

Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1) by S.J. Harper Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Tracking Trisha (Dragon Lords of Valdier, #3) by S.E. Smith Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Overcome by Annmarie McKenna Tansy's Titan (Cosmos' Gateway, #3) by S.E. Smith

message 29: by Lara (last edited May 13, 2014 03:52PM) (new)

Lara | 742 comments I'm done!

S: Sarah A. Hoyt, author of DarkShip Thieves 5/11 ***
H: Heaven's Queen 5/10 ****
A: Angel, hero of When We Met 5/9 ****
L: Lisa Kleypas's Mine Till Midnight 5/12
O: One Touch of Scandal 5/8 ****
M: Mercy Thompson of Night Broken 5/7 *****

H: The Honor of the Queen 5/5 ****
I: The Iron Wyrm Affair 5/2 ****
T: To Honor You Call Us 5/7 ****
R: S.M. Reine's The 19 Dragons 5/8 ***
A: Zoe Archer's Warrior 5/3 ***
O: Open Minds 5/7 **
T: Terms & Conditions Apply 5/1 ****

Read
Terms & Conditions Apply by Pippa Jay The Iron Wyrm Affair (Bannon & Clare, #1) by Lilith Saintcrow Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1) by Zoe Archer The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington, #2) by David Weber To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1) by H. Paul Honsinger Night Broken (Mercy Thompson, #8) by Patricia Briggs Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) by Susan Kaye Quinn The 19 Dragons by S.M. Reine One Touch of Scandal (Fraternitas Aureae Crucis, #1) by Liz Carlyle When We Met (Fool's Gold, #13) by Susan Mallery Heaven's Queen (Paradox, #3) by Rachel Bach DarkShip Thieves by Sarah A. Hoyt Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 30: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Hooray, Lara!

message 31: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Hebrew ~
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot

8/13 Completed

H Marie Harte - Talson's Match

Saving His Mate (Crescent Moon, #4) by Savannah Stuart Talson's Match (Talson Temptations, #4) by Marie Harte The Abduction by Erin Durante Bondmate (Planet Alpha, #1) by J.J. Lore Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #2) by Kaitlyn O'Connor Chosen by the Alpha (Pack Rules, #1) by Michele Bardsley

T Talson's Test 14/5/14 ★★★★
R Rosemary and Rue
A Alien Tryst
O Overcome 13/5/14 ★★★
T Talson's Net 14/5/14 ★★★★

Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1) by S.J. Harper Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Talson's Test (Talson Temptations, #2) by Marie Harte Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire Alien Tryst by Cynthia Sax Overcome by Annmarie McKenna Talson's Net (Talson Temptation, #3) by Marie Harte

message 32: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments Thanks Sandra!

message 33: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Congrats, Lara! Woot!

message 34: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments I'm waaaaaay behind.

WYA: Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

Hebrew:
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot
02/13

S. - Skin Game, by Jim Butcher (audible.com pre-order)
H. - His Majesty's Dragon, by Naomi Novik (SJLibrary-OCD)
A. - Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye, by Victoria Laurie (SFLibrary-eBook)
L. - Lord of Scoundrels, by Loretta Chase (audible.com) “r.r.v.a.”
O. - Oust, Gail = 'Til Dice Do Us Part (PB)
M. - The More I See You, by Lynn Kurland (PB - If I can find it.)
Skin Game (The Dresden Files, #15) by Jim Butcher His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, #1) by Victoria Laurie Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2) by Gail Oust The More I See You (De Piaget, #8) by Lynn Kurland
I.  - Immortals After Dark # -Pleasure of a Dark Prince, by Kresley Cole (audible.com) “r.r.v.a.”
T. - ✔ Thomas, Jodi = The Comforts of Home ★★★★★ audible.com 5/14 “r.r.v.a.”
R. -Redemption, by Carolyn Davidson ★★★★☆ PB 5/14

A. - After the Storm: The Founding Years #1 - High Plains Bride, by Valerie Hansen (Kindle)
O. - Osborne, Maggie = The Best Man (HC)
T. - Thomas, Jodi = Just Down the Road (PB & audible.com wishlist)
The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3) by Jodi Thomas Redemption by Carolyn Davidson High Plains Bride (After the Storm The Founding Years, #1) by Valerie Hansen The Best Man by Maggie Osborne Just Down the Road (Harmony, #4) by Jodi Thomas
Alternates:
O. - Otherworld #2 - Stolen, by Kelley Armstrong (SFLibrary-eBook)
M. - The Mane Event, by Shelly Laurenston (SFLibrary-eBook & audible.com wishlist)
T. - Tempting the Bride, by Sherry Thomas (SJLibrary-PB requested)
Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3) by Sherry Thomas

message 35: by ladymurmur (last edited May 18, 2014 11:51AM) (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments 4 of 6 completed, for Shalom. Switching up some titles a bit, but still keeping with my plan all new reads, all from my personal library. Post #12 updated.

message 36: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Sandra | 4506 comments Good going ladymurmur, that tbr is going down!!

message 37: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 146 comments Sandra wrote: "Good going ladymurmur, that tbr is going down!!"

Thanks, Sandra! :-)

message 38: by Sandra, Need more time to Read!! (new)

Hebrew ~
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot

10/13 Completed

H Marie Harte - Talson's Match 15/5/14 ★★★★★

Saving His Mate (Crescent Moon, #4) by Savannah Stuart Talson's Match (Talson Temptations, #4) by Marie Harte The Abduction by Erin Durante Bondmate (Planet Alpha, #1) by J.J. Lore Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #2) by Kaitlyn O'Connor Chosen by the Alpha (Pack Rules, #1) by Michele Bardsley

T Talson's Test 14/5/14 ★★★★
R Rosemary and Rue 21/5/14 ★★★★
A Alien Tryst
O Overcome 13/5/14 ★★★
T Talson's Net 14/5/14 ★★★★

Cursed (Fallen Siren, #1) by S.J. Harper Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione Talson's Test (Talson Temptations, #2) by Marie Harte Rosemary and Rue (October Daye, #1) by Seanan McGuire Alien Tryst by Cynthia Sax Overcome by Annmarie McKenna Talson's Net (Talson Temptation, #3) by Marie Harte

message 39: by LastBreath (last edited May 26, 2014 01:03AM) (new)

LastBreath (last_breath) | 241 comments WYA Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

Hello ~ SHALOM

6/6 Completed

SSupernatural Sleuth, Case File #1 **** 11/05
H Hidden ** 26/05
AAlpha *** 15/05
LLast Kiss Goodnight ** 09/05
OOmega *** 14/05
MMagnificent Devices ***** 13/05

Supernatural Sleuth, Case File #1 by Angela Wallace
Alpha by Charlene Hartnady
Last Kiss Goodnight (Otherworld Assassin, #1) by Gena Showalter Omega (Demon Chaser, #1) by Charlene Hartnady
Magnificent Devices (Magnificent Devices #3) by Shelley Adina

message 40: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 595 comments Shalom- 6/6 completed

S- Shadows of Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase (5/11/14)
H- House of the Rising Sun by Kristen Painter (5/21/14)
A- Angels of Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase (5/7/14)
L- Laurentston, Shelley; author of The Mane Event (5/4/14)
O- On the Prowl by Christine Warren (Others series) (5/25/14)
M- Marked by Temptation by Deanna Chase (5/20/14)

All of the above are e-books (Nook books).

message 41: by Tina (new)

Tina Bartz | 595 comments Sorry, I don't know how to post links.

message 42: by LastBreath (last edited May 26, 2014 02:28PM) (new)

LastBreath (last_breath) | 241 comments Trying for GOODBYE ~ HITRAOT

4/7 Completed

H - Hold Your Breath ***** 26/05 by Caroline Green
I - Ill Wind ***** 23/05 by Rachel Caine
T -
R - Ridgeville Series: Volume One *****03/05 by Celia Kyle
A -
O - Once a Witch **** 25/05 by Carolyn MacCullough
T -

Hold Your Breath by Caroline Green Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1) by Rachel Caine Ridgeville Series Volume One by Celia Kyle Once a Witch (Witch, #1) by Carolyn MacCullough

message 43: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments Yea Shalom!

message 44: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments Tina wrote: "Sorry, I don't know how to post links."

Tina, when you are editing or replying, above the message box is some text reading: add book/author. Click on those words and a window will open that will allow you to search for a given title or author and add the link and cover/photo.

message 45: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Congrats on "Shalom," LastBreath and Tina!

message 46: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 823 comments Man-oh-man! I did a lot of swapping out books this month. I hope I finish at least one of these words.

WYA: Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014

Hebrew:
Hello ~ Shalom
Goodbye ~ Hitraot
09/13

S. -Steelheart, by Brandon Sanderson ★★★★☆ audible.com & SJLibrary-eBook 5/25
H. - ✔ Harris, Charlaine = Midnight Crossroad ★★★★½ SJLibrary-HC 5/24
A. -Allergic to Death, by Peg Cochran ★★★½☆ SJLibrary-PB 5/25
L. - Lord of Scoundrels, by Loretta Chase (audible.com & Adobe Digital) “r.r.v.a.”
O. -The Others #1 - Written in Red, by Anne Bishop ★★★★★ SJLibrary-HC 5/4
M. - The Mane Event, by Shelly Laurenston (SFLibrary-eBook & audible.com)
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1) by Brandon Sanderson Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas, #1) by Charlaine Harris Allergic to Death (A Gourmet De-Lite Mystery, #1) by Peg Cochran Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop The Mane Event (Pride, #1) by Shelly Laurenston
T. - ✔ Thomas, Jodi = The Comforts of Home ★★★★★ audible.com 5/14 “r.r.v.a.”
R. -The Rosie Project, by Graeme Simsion ★★★★★ SJLibrary-CD-to-iPod/Touch 5/17

A. - ✔ Alicia Merriwether in Redemption, by Carolyn Davidson ★★★★☆ PB 5/14
O. -The Others #2 Murder of Crows, by Anne Bishop ★★★★☆ HC 5/26
T. -Tempting the Bride, by Sherry Thomas ★★★★☆ SJLibrary-PB 5/17
The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3) by Jodi Thomas The Rosie Project (Don Tillman #1) by Graeme Simsion Redemption by Carolyn Davidson Murder of Crows (The Others, #2) by Anne Bishop Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3) by Sherry Thomas
Alternates:
Iced Chiffon by Duffy Brown

message 47: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) WYA: Hello/Goodbye Challenge May 2014
Hebrew: Hello ~ Shalom / Goodbye ~ Hitraot
Duration: 01/05/14 - 31/05/14
Progress: 13/13

S ✔ Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K. Hamilton (08/05/14)
H ✔A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton (05/05/14)
A ✔ French Quarter by Lacey Alexander (05/05/14)
L ✔ A Lick of Frost by Laurell K. Hamilton (10/05/14)
O✔ Origin by Dani Worth (03/05/14)
M ✔ Mistral's Kiss Laurell K. Hamilton (09/05/14)
Seduced by Moonlight (Merry Gentry, #3) by Laurell K. Hamilton A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1) by Lacey Alexander A Lick of Frost (Meredith Gentry, #6) by Laurell K. Hamilton Origin (The Kithran Regenesis, #4) by Dani Worth Mistral's Kiss (Meredith Gentry, #5) by Laurell K. Hamilton

H ✔ Half Moon Rising by Sandrine Gasq-Dion (21/05/14
I ✔ It Happened One Wedding by Julie James (11/05/14)
T ✔ The Prince by Tiffany Reisz (01/05/14)
R ✔ Replicant by Dani Worth (02/05/14)
A ✔ Alaska, with Love by Sandrine Gasq-Dion (15/05/14)
OThe Mistress The Original Sinners #4 by Tiffany Reisz (02/05/14)
T ✔ Easy by Tammara Weber (19/05/14)
Half Moon Rising by Sandrine Gasq-Dion It Happened One Wedding (FBI / US Attorney, #5) by Julie James The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3) by Tiffany Reisz Replicant (The Kithran Regenesis, #2) by Dani Worth Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1) by Tammara Webber Alaska, with Love by Sandrine Gasq-Dion The Mistress (The Original Sinners, #4) by Tiffany Reisz

**** COMPLETED 21st May 2014****

message 48: by LastBreath (new)

LastBreath (last_breath) | 241 comments Lisa-Kay I know you can do it!

Danielle you're a machine! Laurell K Hamilton's books are dedicated reads. It usually takes me a couple of days to assimilate her novels. Well done :)

message 49: by Lara (new)

Lara | 742 comments Yea Danielle!

message 50: by Tina (last edited May 26, 2014 08:28PM) (new)

Tina Bartz | 595 comments I don't have internet at home so I have to do everything on my phone or Nook (when I am somewhere with Wi-Fi. I haven't tried editing with my Nook but I can't figure out how to edit or reply with my smart phone so I guess either it is not that smart or I am not that smart lol. Unfortunately it is probably the latter.

Thanks for the advice! I was trying to use my Goodreads app and then thought I would go to the GR website and I was able to add/edit, etc!

« previous 1