Stephen King Fans discussion

The Random - Discussion Threads > Which Stephen King Book Are You?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Erin (new)

message 2: by Linda (new)

Linda | 1 comments I just finished Dreamcatchers.

message 3: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I got Misery. Lol.

message 4: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 245 comments I got The Stand. Before taking the quiz I would have said The Stand and this just confirms it.

message 5: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments I got The Stand. Guess I should read that then!

message 6: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 245 comments Kirstin wrote: "I got The Stand. Guess I should read that then!"

Oh Kirstin you will love the book. Surprise ending but to me one of Stephen King's best.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 2158 comments Kirstin wrote: "I got The Stand. Guess I should read that then!"

I highly recommend it!

message 8: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments I'm looking forward to reading it. It's always mentioned as a favourite. :)

message 9: by Priyadharshini (new)

Priyadharshini Rajadurai | 3 comments I got IT ......

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (funkygman007) | 199 comments Misery

message 11: by Novia (new)

Novia (novroz) | 76 comments The Shining :)

message 12: by Aditya (new)

Aditya I got Pet Sematary. One of my favorite King books.So I am not complaining.

Kirstin wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading it. It's always mentioned as a favourite. :)"

I always like to remind members who have not yet read The Stand that I have read more than 30 King books and I think it is one of the worst books
he has written. So don't get your hopes up too much & every fan of his does not like it.

message 13: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (ppiazzesi) | 8 comments Aditya wrote: "I always like to remind members who have not yet read The Stand that I have read more than 30 King books and I think it is one of the worst books
he has written."

I´m in the same boat. Huge fan of King but The Stand didn´t really work for me. It baffles me that it´s often mentioned as his best work. I did love the first half though.

message 14: by Paolo (new)

Paolo (ppiazzesi) | 8 comments And well, fuck. I just got The Stand on the test.

message 15: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments Aditya wrote: "I got Pet Sematary. One of my favorite King books.So I am not complaining.

Kirstin wrote: "I'm looking forward to reading it. It's always mentioned as a favourite. :)"

My hopes are always up when I read a King book. I've never been disappointed.

message 16: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments Paolo wrote: "Aditya wrote: "I always like to remind members who have not yet read The Stand that I have read more than 30 King books and I think it is one of the worst books
he has written."

I´m in the same b..."

Now I'm curious to see if I like it. 'IT' is my Favourite, so far.

message 17: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Paolo wrote: "I´m in the same boat. Huge fan of King but The Stand didn´t really work for me. It baffles me that it´s often mentioned as his best work. I did love the first half though. "

Agree with you completely,as long as it was a sci-fi story about the apocalypse, I was fine it but once it became a greater battle between good and evil, it was just bad.

message 18: by Aditya (new)

Aditya Kirstin wrote: "Now I'm curious to see if I like it. 'IT' is my Favourite, so far. "

IT is not the best King book I have read but still pretty good. I am one of those King fans who likes his shorter works like The Dead Zone, Misery & Pet Sematary more than his so called classics such as The Shining & It. Though I hope you do enjoy The Stand if you go on to read it.

message 19: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 245 comments Has anyone ever noticed that many of Stephen King's books are battles between good and evil just in different forms? At least that's the way I feel.

message 20: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments Doreen wrote: "Has anyone ever noticed that many of Stephen King's books are battles between good and evil just in different forms? At least that's the way I feel."

Definitely Doreen! In fact the last three I've read fall into that category. The Shining, Dr. Sleep and The Regulators.

message 21: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 220 comments Aditya wrote: "Kirstin wrote: "Now I'm curious to see if I like it. 'IT' is my Favourite, so far. "

IT is not the best King book I have read but still pretty good. I am one of those King fans who likes his short..."

I love his short stories but my fav books are the big, fat meaty ones. IMHO IT is a masterpiece. I read Pet Sematary in my early teens. It's probably due for a reread. I'm going to make my way through them all at some point. Thanks, I hope I like it too.

message 22: by Shawn (new)

Shawn Thornton (shawntsxs) | 15 comments I got the shinning, happy with that.

message 23: by Linda (new)

Linda | 29 comments I am very happy, I got The Stand

message 24: by Malina (new)

Malina | 304 comments I got IT! Still scares me after all these years

Read me two times | 56 comments Misery *__*

message 26: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (thewalkingdude) | 229 comments I got Salem's Lot. Maybe because I chose 1980's SK lol
Off-topic, but, man, Joe looks exactly like SK in the '80s.

message 27: by Newgate (new)

Newgate | 5 comments I got The Gunslinger, I say thank ya

message 28: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (whoshake) | 5 comments Doreen wrote: "Has anyone ever noticed that many of Stephen King's books are battles between good and evil just in different forms? At least that's the way I feel."

If you peel away the veneer, isn't that life. The struggle between good and evil and the meaning therein. King's book's are classic because they resonate with the devil and angel that sit on our shoulders.

King just does it better than most.

message 29: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 1 comments I'm The Stand, too. (And it's not my favourite King, though I enjoyed it well enough!)

message 30: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1104 comments Mod
I got The Shining...

message 31: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4053 comments I got Misery...hmm, if I had a shrink I would ask why. ;)

message 32: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Leoni | 180 comments I got The Stand....it would've been better only if I got Wizard & Glass!

message 33: by Glen (new)

Glen | 218 comments I received The Gunslinger! Was there EVER a doubt? Swag!

message 34: by Marjo (new)

Marjo Loyens (marjo56) | 60 comments I got It!! Love that book:)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I got The Shining. I would love to do what the family did in that book, caretake a big hotel for the winter with no outside contact, minus the murdering husband, of course.

message 36: by JC (new)

JC (ammaimara) | 5 comments I got Eyes of the Dragon. It would be great to read it again.

message 37: by Erin (new)

Erin (erinleigha) I got The Gunslinger :) I loved the whole series!

message 38: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Rook (mrrook82) | 1 comments I too got the Gunslinger, and I loved the series like mad so I'm good with that.

message 39: by Beth (new)

Beth (1tuffcookie) | 55 comments I got The Shining!!! Awesome

message 40: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacienr) The Shining!

message 41: by Katie (last edited Apr 27, 2014 06:29PM) (new)

Katie (katiecakers02) | 15 comments The Shining! That's funny, I'm currently reading this book :)

message 42: by Holli (last edited Jun 05, 2014 03:38PM) (new)

Holli (hollidemyan) | 2 comments I got The Shining.

message 43: by Michael (new)

Michael Davis I got Pet Cemetery, my first Stephen King book. This makes me happy.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

I got Misery.

message 45: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 4053 comments I took it again thinking it might just be random, but I got Misery. Again!

I really want to know what that says about me.O_o

message 46: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2568 comments Mod
I got the Stand.

message 47: by Sara (new)

Sara Campbell (admiralawesome) | 26 comments I got Salems Lot.

message 48: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 57 comments I got The Shining. Which I find funny because it is one of my favorites and I believe I have a tiny bit of " the shine" myself.

message 49: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (thewalkingdude) | 229 comments Danielle wrote: "I got The Shining. Which I find funny because it is one of my favorites and I believe I have a tiny bit of " the shine" myself."
*Puts on yellow coat* That so?

message 50: by Johnny (new)

Johnny (zildjianpro) | 14 comments I got IT

« previous 1 3