New Moon (The Twilight Saga, #2) New Moon discussion

Another Series Please...?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Reese I would label myself usually as a non-reader, But every since the twilight series that i devoured I am yearning for more action, romance and creating writing. Can anyone help me out on another series of collective books I can read that are really good and is an easy read. I would love the help :)

message 2: by Tami (last edited Jul 21, 2009 09:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tami I am going to assume you don't mind a little fantasy, so here goes:

The Alchemist, The Magician and The Sorceress by Michael Scott (I think I heard somewhere that there are 3 more to finish this series but this is what is out so far)

All the Artemis Fowl books are good for action and creativity, Not so much on the romance side.

The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. I personally didn't like them, but my sister who really enjoyed the Twilight series loved them.

And of course, the best series, Harry Potter.

message 3: by Lauren (last edited Jul 21, 2009 11:36AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lauren I feel your pain! When I finished the Twilight Saga, I couldn't find anything to quench my reading thirst either! I did however find Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series... Not Twilight but magical all the same! Great books and there are a lot of them! The first book is called Bitten... Happy reading!

message 5: by Kristen (last edited Apr 05, 2011 01:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristen Reese wrote: "I would label myself usually as a non-reader, But every since the twilight series that i devoured I am yearning for more action, romance and creating writing. Can anyone help me out on another seri..."

I haven't read alot in the paranormal/YA category, but these are good:
The Mediator series by Meg Cabot
Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill(not YA)
And as Tami said, Harry Potter

Amna Reese wrote: "I would label myself usually as a non-reader, But every since the twilight series that i devoured I am yearning for more action, romance and creating writing. Can anyone help me out on another seri..."

Have you heard of "Shiver" by Maggie Steifvater? it is a romance about a werewolf and a human(thing is the werewolf changes in the warm to a human and in the cold to a werewolf and after a year he might stop being human because it is harder to turn) then the second book to this series is " linger" and the third is "forever"(which still hasn't been published) I would rate these books 5.. i loved them!

A vampire romance would be "infinite days" which only has one book out as of now ,but the other one is being published this year. i really also liked it and rated it 5 stars.

These are easy reads and amazing books;)

Jesla its a good book

Laura Ruskin Yep Shiver, linger and forever <3 amazing.

thebreakfastbooks I would recommend Shiver. I didn't like the Twilight Saga that much, but I really loved "Shiver". Apart from that you could try the Mortal Instruments Trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Apart from that, there's going to be released a fantasy/romance Trilogy of a German Author (Kerstin Gier) about time travelling. The first book is called "Ruby Red" - you might try that one.

message 10: by A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister (last edited Apr 07, 2011 05:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

A_Dreamer_aka_Synnister Reese wrote: "I would label myself usually as a non-reader, But every since the twilight series that i devoured I am yearning for more action, romance and creating writing. Can anyone help me out on another seri..."

It depends how romantic do you care to read? I like you got the reading bug after Twilight and now I read everything! I have read the Mortal Instruments Series and I just recieved the City of Fallen Angels which is the 4th book in that series. It's very good. Clare is great!

You should try this series Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6) by J.R. Ward Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) by J.R. Ward These vampires are dangerous and sexy. As I stated I dont know how romantic you want but these males are pass Edward in the love making department. So kiddies should not read them

Kayles If you liked Twilight and you're looking for Vampire or paranormal novels, I would recommend 'The Vampire Diaries' series. I don't know if you watched the series on TV, but I assure you the books are very different.

Sarah I would recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne COllins. Couldn't out it down. Another trilogy, a tad less romance but still YA and a love story.

message 13: by drew (new)

drew Definately :
-Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
-Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
-Harry Potter by J.K. Rowlings

Emily If you're really into the whole Vampire thing, try reading:
--The Morganville Vampires (I loved these!)
--Vampire Academy (I loved these,too!)
--House Of Night (Ehh, these were okay)
--Chronicles of Vladimir Todd (the main character is a guy, so you might not like it, plus its not really very romantic...)

Now, if you're looking for something OUTSIDE the Vampire radar, but you still really like the whole fictiony thing, try these:
--The Inheritance Cycle
--The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy
--The Wolves of Mercy Falls
--Percy Jackson and the Olympians
--The Heir Chronicles

message 15: by drew (new)

drew EmilyGrace123 wrote: "If you're really into the whole Vampire thing, try reading:
--The Morganville Vampires (I loved these!)
--Vampire Academy (I loved these,too!)
--House Of Night (Ehh, these were okay)
--Chronicles o..."

Yah, good choices/

Phenix26 Hunger games is a must read.
Also the fever series by Karen moning.

message 17: by J (last edited Apr 20, 2011 12:56AM) (new) - added it

J The Vampire Academy series was amazing! I loved Twilight but when I read this series because I was in a similar situation you're in, I immediately fell in love with the books making it my favorite series. Perfect balance of action, romance, and drama in my opinion.
Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did if you decide to try them out!

The Vampire Academy Series in order:
Vampire Academy
Frostbite
Shadow Kiss
Blood Promise
Spirit Bound
Last Sacrifice

vampire lover You could try the found books there good even though i only read 2 books in the series

Angelee Lauren wrote: "I feel your pain! When I finished the Twilight Saga, I couldn't find anything to quench my reading thirst either! I did however find Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series... Not Twilig..."

i definitely agree with you i have no longer found anything to compete with the twilight saga

message 20: by Em (new)

Em Try the Dark Days books, The Black Jewels Trilogy and novels, Kevin J. Anderson's Saga of the Seven Suns books, E. E. Knight's Age of Fire books, Madeline L'Engle's The Time Quintet, Anne McCaffery's Acorna books and the Dragonriders of Pern. Those are a few of my fave series. But of course I totally hate Twilight, so...

Audrey Try the Hex Hall series!

message 22: by Nurlely (last edited Apr 18, 2011 02:34AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Nurlely For awesome fantasy novels and also easy to read:

Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (Nephilim)

Iron King series by Julie Kagawa (Fairies)

Fallen series by Lauren Kate (Fallen Angels)
Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick (Fallen Angels)

Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz (Vampires)

message 23: by drew (new)

drew Umm the Immortals Series. Starting with Evermore (I think).

Rindya These are my recommendation;
Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz
Wake series by Lisa McMann
Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter (not vampire/werewolf/fallen angels/ fairies, but it's good)

Audrey Gallagher Girls sucks!

message 26: by drew (new)

drew Hmm, maybe.

Mary Beth Vampire Academy and Cassandra Clare's Immortal instruments both got me pretty hooked.

It takes a while to get over the "Twilight" love affair, I re-read them from time to time and they are still just as good.

Valerie Sunshine by Robin McKinley is by far my favorite vampire book. :)

message 29: by drew (new)

Mary Beth I am reading the immortals series now, it is pretty good. Finished the first one in a day.

Jesla there needs to be more books in the twilight series

message 32: by Wendy (new) - rated it 1 star

Wendy Definitely the Mortal Instruments trilogy.

Angelee i love the twilight saga and after i finished them nothing could compete with it, it definitely deserved all 5 stars. All 4 of them were amazing they are my favorite books.

message 34: by drew (new)

drew Angelee wrote: "i love the twilight saga and after i finished them nothing could compete with it, it definitely deserved all 5 stars. All 4 of them were amazing they are my favorite books."

I disagree. I would prefer the Harry Potter sereis much more than . . . . . . . . *looks book up and down* this.

Angelee Sockkitty wrote: "Angelee wrote: "i love the twilight saga and after i finished them nothing could compete with it, it definitely deserved all 5 stars. All 4 of them were amazing they are my favorite books."

I di..."

i love the harry potter series as well them two series were my favorite books ever

Atarah Poling Try the wicked series written by nancy holder...there's another author that wrote it too but I really don't remember.

Atarah Poling Oh and the mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare. That's an amazing series as well.

message 38: by drew (new)

drew Angelee wrote: "Sockkitty wrote: "Angelee wrote: "i love the twilight saga and after i finished them nothing could compete with it, it definitely deserved all 5 stars. All 4 of them were amazing they are my favori..."

Yeh. No one can bet H.P. in my eyes.

Cellina I felt the same way.

These are some of the books I have read so far...

Happy Reading

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2) by Kami Garcia Exile (Mercy, #2) by Rebecca Lim Mercy (Mercy, #1) by Rebecca Lim Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters, #1) by Jessica Shirvington Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters #2) by Jessica Shirvington Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Angel (Angel Trilogy, #1) by L.A. Weatherly The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain The Strange Power, The Possessed, The Passion (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith

message 40: by drew (new)

drew Hmm. I think I will try some.

Basma Kaid Here are a few series im all over the place that i am reading (love all btw)

Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare The Forest of Hands and Teeth (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate The Dark Divine by Bree Despain Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher

Can't think of anymore now though i read all of these but im on either the 2nd book or the 3rd of each.
Hope i helped : )

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the Need series by Carrie Jones as mentioned before but, if you are looking for a Vampire series to read I would have to recommend the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de La Cruz. They are fantastic quick reads that are about the fallen angels of paradise. Really amazing reads!

message 43: by Kathyjacks (last edited Apr 24, 2011 08:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathyjacks I saw some of these already posted her but I'm going to list them anyway.

Mortal Instruments Series
City of Bones City of Ashes City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels

Chicagoland Vampires
Twice BittenSome Girls BiteFriday Night Bites

Vampire Academy
Vampire AcademyFrostbiteShadow KissBlood PromiseSpirit BoundLast Sacrifice

Night Huntress
Halfway to the GraveAt Grave's EndOne Foot in the GraveDestined for an Early GraveThis Side of the Grave

The Hunger Games
The Hunger GamesCatching FireMockingjay

These are my favorite series. There are some other great ones out there as well but these are the ones that held my attention the best and kind of got me over withdrawals from the Twilight Series which I read over and over again until I could find something else to measure up. Some are YA in genre, some adult. Just look around because there are so many other great series out there.

Michelle You might also like the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr.

Emily I would recommend

Vampire Diaries (so different from the tv series)
Pretty Little Liars (again, different) if you are looking for romance and mystery, and
Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn

Emily Before i Fall is good also

Lauren Mccann I read Shiver and Linger and i really recommend these

Amanda Lopez SKIMMED THROUGH DIDNT SEE THIS SERIES LISTED.....

***HUSH, HUSH. CRESENDO. (COMMING SOON) SILENCE.***
--by Becca Fitzpatrick

im only on hush,hush now but omg soo good soo good soo good.

message 49: by Juliet (last edited May 13, 2011 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Juliet Halo, Hush Hush, The dark Devine, Fallen,the Eternal Ones, they're all really cheesy, gooey romance novels with a supernatural twist. I didn't love all of them, but I hated Twilight, so you might enjoy them.

message 50: by Caroline (new) - added it

Caroline How about Stephenie Meyer's other novel, the one she wrote for adults, The Host? It's different from her Twilight saga, but I enjoyed it just as much, and many people prefer The Host over the Twilight books. Also, there is a really interesting FAQs section on Meyer's site that answers all kinds of questions about each book in the saga. Check her web site: www.stepheniemeyer.com. Just thought I'd throw that out there for Twilight fans who may be unaware.

Meyer herself also recommended The Hunger Games trilogy maybe two years ago and a "duet" of books called Dreamhunter and Dreamquake. I have yet to read the duet, but I bought them on her recommendation since I LOVED The Hunger Games trilogy (and Meyer's own books, of course.)

Others you might want to look into that I have not seen mentioned (click on each to get more info.):

Graceling, Delirium, Matched, The Eleventh Plague, The Passage, Divergent, and Dead Until Dark. All of these are the names of the first books in a series. Some are so new they have not yet been released (The Eleventh Plague and Divergent, for instance), but these to-be-released books have added to my own to-read list because they sound so good.

« previous 1 3