Start by marking “Crave (The Clann, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crave (The Clann, #1)

Crave (The Clann #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  11,137 Ratings  ·  865 Reviews
Published October 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen (first published January 1st 2011)

Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

Goodreads Summary

Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fea
Abbi Glines
I can't figure out why the ratings aren't better on this book. I loved it! And I am picky about vampire books. This was unique and creative and addictive! I can't wait for the next one… there is a next one right? There HAS to be a next one!!!!
Wendy Darling
Let me save you some time: this book is a paranormal romance. There is precisely one chapter--the very last one--devoted to any sort of magic lasting more than a few paragraphs. ALL of the magic, however, involves the tragic separation of these star-crossed lovers in some way. There is nothing else going on here except for a romance between two characters who are harmless but so blandly unremarkable that they are actually perfectly suited for each other. Every conversation, every secondary chara ...more
Michele at A Belle's Tales
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When Savannah Colbert was in the fourth grade, her best friends and the boy she loved suddenly began avoiding her like the plague. Now, in high school, Savannah is still being shunned and bullied by the kids of the Clann. Savannah has heard the rumors that the members of the powerful Clann know how to use magic, but that doesn’t explain why they treat her like a freak. She’s just a regular girl…isn’t she?

Well, she thought she was, until a sudden illness brought on some pretty drastic, and defini
Anna
Sep 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: vampires

Reviewed at http://bookstobrightenyourmood.blogsp...

Crave,is a book with a gorgeous cover and an intriguing premise that unfortunatelly didn't work for me at all...I mean as soon as I started reading this book,I was beyond certain I had a winner in my hands,only for that impression to rapidly change...

The prologue was amazing!It gave you certain glimpses into the main characters thoughts and a prelude of what was to come.To say that I was beyond excited and intrigued by such a prologue would be
Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews)
Read This Review & More Like It On My Blog!

2.5 out of 5

With one of the few prologues that has excited me rather than dismayed me, Crave was an. . . experience from start to finish. This supernatural young adult novel is a very hard beast for me to categorize within my usual systems. One one hand, there were so many cliches and unnecessary elements that felt like filler, but on the other hand I had fun reading the novel and was intrigued by the lore/mythology of this supernatural world. Melis
Joy (joyous reads)
Aug 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: net-galley
This book is a single serving of everything on the YA menu. You’ve got witches, vampires, and star crossed loves, combined with the clichéd cliques of high school. It’s a buffet…with a side order of cheese – a lot of cheese.

I liked the better part of the beginning of the book – and when I say the better part, we’re talking the first three pages or so. I thought the first page that gave me a glimpse of Savannah’s and Tristan’s natural reactions toward each other were a good preamble to this stor
Devon Ashley
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Romeo and Juliet had it easy compared to these two...

Savannah and Tristan are descendents from a line of witches called The Clann. When the two were just twelve years old, they had a pretend wedding; the end result: Savannah's family got kicked out of The Clann and Savannah shunned by all their children. Once high school began, Savannah was all but used to their taunts and misbehavior, but the attraction for Tristan still ran deep. When Savannah gets really sick her freshman year, her single mot
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
An enticing mix of forbidden love, magic, betrayal, and heartache, this romance will leave your craving more. Melissa Darnell's beautifully told love story mixed with a rich vampire and witch mythology creates on of this year's most spellbinding paranormal romances.

Sav is a unique character I liked getting to know. She's feisty, level headed and fun. She also has an inner strength I admired about her. She's someone who at one time she had a lot of friends, and has since become some what of a lon
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
I promise you that when you pick up Crave you will not be able to put it down. The opening alone will have you glued to the pages. The world that Darnell has created is nothing like I've read before and it was so refreshing to read something totally different than what I had expected it to be. I knew that it had to somehow do with Vampires, but trust me when I say that it was so much more than that. It's a very unique story and super entertaining.

Crave is full of secrets, magic, and lots of forb
brittany
Aug 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: YA PNR fans
Emilee the Hipster Kitty Kat
EDIT:
Looking back I can't help but think I was a little to hard on this book. It really wasn' t as bad as I make it out to be.

2.5. Review to come.

Review has arrived.

So I was just sittin' on my coach, listening to Rabbit Heart, when an amazing idea came to me; I would write a review instead of twiddling my thumbs, bored out of my mind! So here I am several minutes later, typing.

Ain't life funny?

Now on to what everyone is waiting for... my review!

A few days ago, as I was surfing through th
~Tina~
Savannah and Tristan were best friends in the forth grade till one day Tristan's family told him that he and the rest of "The Clann" descendants are to stay away from the Colbert girl.
Savannah didn't understand why her childhood friends just up and poofed on her when they were younger, but it's been hard on her these high school days since they look at her like a freak and pretty much just bully her around.
Savannah gets sick with the flu one week and everything changes, she finds out that she's
Teresa
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
When you’re getting to the last twenty or so pages in a book and are getting bummed because you know it’s about to end – THAT’s when you know you’ve found a winner. Finding out that said book is part of a series – awesome! For me, CRAVE was that winning/awesome book. Just take a look at my statuses while reading:

Pg.29: “♥Cover-Love♥”

Pg.167: “Makes me wish my lunch break was a full hour.”

Pg.343: “Oh sleep, why do you need me like I need you??? I want to keep reading this!”

Pg. 360: “Add Tristan t
Jena
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Melissa Darnell has created a magical, yet practical world and a perfect forbidden romance that has me (pun intended) craving more. I cannot get over how much I loved this book. I want more. Need more. (Man, I feel like a vampire.) I am just blown away with this beautifully, creative story.

Crave starts off with Savannah Colbert, a freshman in high school who seems to be an outcast all because in forth grade she was forbidden to ever hang out with her best friends from "The Clann" ever again. Aft
Addie
Sep 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Opening remarks: some books I read and love. Other books I read and think “Why does this book even have to exist?” Crave unfortunately falls into the latter category. It seems, like so many books of this genre, like a gimmicky re-hash of the story we’re all sick to death of.

I’m going to try to keep this review short, because (as you will know if you’ve read other reviews of mine) I get a little out of hand talking about books I didn’t particularly like.

Savannah Colbert is a seemingly average, cl
Svenja
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-sterne
Das Buch hat mich ein wenig überrascht. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, dass mir das Buch so gut gefallen wird.

Ich habe allerdings auch schon lange keine Twilight-Romeo&Julia-Geschichte mehr gelesen und fand das mal wieder recht unterhaltsam.

Schön fand ich auch, dass das Mädel mal zur "bösen" Art gehört.
Anatea Oroz
This review is also posted on my blog, Anatea's Bookshelf.

This is probably the best book I have read this year. It is truly amazing! I liked everything, I don't have a tiniest complaint about the book.
The book has a great storyline, amazing characters and Melissa Darnell is an awesome author. She used the perfect amount of dialogs and description, and the book was never boring. You just had to read more, it's not possible to put the book down.

This is a story about a girl named Savannah, but she
Alex Bennett
Every once in a while you find a book that you not only can’t put down, but one that you don’t want to set aside even for a moment. For me, Crave is one of those books. I started it, and immediately knew that this book was going to be special. I was thinking about this book even when I wasn’t reading it. It’s just really awesome, you know?

Vampires and witches—two enemy species who have decided to stop warring and live separately. But when Savannah learns the truth about her heritage—and how it h
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
Alas, a book with not one but two paranormal elements I just can’t seem to get enough of. I’ll admit it. I was hooked on this book. There’s just something about witches and vampires that does that to me, no matter how much I fight it. But when a book is well-written and has great main AND secondary characters to boot, well, why fight it? And the best part? It’s set in TEXAS!!!

Savannah and Tristan’s stories, though told from alternating points of view, seem destined to remain intertwined, no matt
Lina (From the Verge)
OOOOOHHHH It's so bad I am still trying to get rid of the images it created in my head. Yuck!! I have this tendency to read books as if there is no tomorrow. I devour them, enjoy them and find them impossible to pull down. But this one, after sitting down for 6 hours to read it, I had to leave the last 10 pages unread... for a week! yes, me, the book-eater! It was painfully bad. So bad I want my 6 lost hours back... oh, well, I just found the courage to skim through these last few pages because ...more
Kathryn
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, pnr
WOW...What a love story!!
Crave introduces us to a world of paranormal where certain "species" do not get along and how something that is old and outdated affects two young people trying to find their way in the world. It is told with alternating POVs and I thoroughly enjoyed hearing Savannah's and Tristan's thoughts. It gave me a true sense of who each person was and what exactly each one was feeling and dealing with on each side of the battlefield.
Crave by Melissa Darnell reminds me of a mode
Erin V
I very much loved this book. It was slow at first but then it got really good. This is the type of different paranormal romance that I am glad I finally found.
hayden
Oct 12, 2011 marked it as maybe-reads
Holy crap. I just realized that's a girl on the cover.
Majanka
Crave is one of those books that left me with mixed feelings and the constant urge to hit my keyboard with my head. The latter is not advised by the way, not because it could hurt your head, but mostly because your keyboard will probably not appreciate it. And if there’s one person/thing you don’t want to mess with, then it’s your keyboard. Especially not if you want to play WoW later on, write a review or even write some assignments for university. The reason why I have mixed feelings about thi ...more
Cyna
Jan 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
I can pretty easily sum up my feelings on this book:

forehead slap

I can't even summon up the will to be irritated with this book, just perplexed and disappointed. Have we just completely given up on the idea of show-don't-tell as a publishing prerequisite? Have we? Because honestly, the writing on display in Crave just puts me at a loss. It's bad. Baaaaaad. Not quite Once in a Full Moon bad, but it came dangerously close, and oh God, I just cannot do that anymore. I seriously considered making this a DNF, and
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
In Crave by Melissa Darnell, darkness hides around every corner, watching and waiting for the perfect moment to come swooping in, capturing everything it has ever wanted. A relationship forbidden, Savannah and Tristan were childhood friends until one day they suddenly weren't and neither really knew why. Savannah has never understood the turn of events that took her best friend from her in the fourth grade, but years later at the age of sixteen, she still misses him.

Tristan has no idea why his p
Khushboo
Nov 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vampire, witch

Light spoilers ahead. No big reveals, but I will be talking about a few plot issues.

I don't get why Savannah's family was oh-so-important. According to Savannah's mother, if she and Savannah's father had stayed together, a world war would've broken out. More logical explanation would've been that the Clann and the Council would've killed them to prevent a war. And no matter how you like to put it, Savannah's mother broke up with her husband because she had gotten bored of him.
Though this add
Books to the Sky
Oct 06, 2011 rated it did not like it
Check out more reviews at www.bookstothesky.com

Let me premise this review by saying that it is very, very rare for me not to finish a book. And while I feel horrible for not being able to finish this book, I also know that I made the right choice (for myself) by putting it down.

The prologue was wonderful. It set everything up and definitely got me geared up to read the rest of the story.

And then...it just went nowhere for me. First of all, the the characters are freshman in HS, which is a much y
Daniella
Jul 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 15, 2015 10:58AM
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Clann Series (Crave, Covet, Consume) by Melissa Darnell - Restarting August 29th 2013 58 46 Sep 14, 2013 08:02AM
who thinks that........... 10 39 May 20, 2013 05:00PM
same cover? 7 30 Nov 23, 2012 03:22AM
OMG!!!!!! (for people that read and Loved this book!!) 7 29 Nov 21, 2012 05:53PM
which one did you like better? 3 17 Nov 18, 2012 02:38PM
The Clann VS. The Vamps!!! 5 20 Nov 16, 2012 08:05PM
  • Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)
  • On a Dark Wing
  • Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
  • Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1)
  • The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)
  • Radiant Desire (Handmaid’s Seduction, #1)
  • Carrier of the Mark (Carrier, #1)
  • Bloodspell (The Cruentus Curse, #1)
  • Winter's Shadow (Winter Saga, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn Trilogy, #1)
  • Ruling Passion (Drake Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Destined (Destined, #1)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • The Juliet Spell
  • Almost Final Curtain (Vampire Princess of St. Paul, #2)
  • Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers, #1)
  • Isle of Night (The Watchers, #1)
  • Blood on the Moon (Blood on the Moon, #1)
Melissa Darnell is the author of a growing list of adult, New Adult and Young Ault fiction and nonfiction books. Born in California, she grew up in Texas and has also called the following states home since then: Utah, West Virginia, Louisiana, Alabama, Kentucky, Iowa and South Dakota. She currently lives in Nebraska with her husband Tim and two sons, Hunter and Alexander, where she enjoys watching ...more
More about Melissa Darnell...

The Clann (4 books)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
  • Consume (The Clann, #3)
  • Capture (The Clann #4)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
“I understood then why humans have noses. So we can find each other to kiss in the dark.” 52 likes
“I could swear I’d just swallowed the sun.” 1 likes