Serial Readers discussion

It's all about Good Manners > Hello, my name is..

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

SerialReader | 220 comments Mod
Hello, my name is..
¡Hola! Yo me llamo..
Ciao, mi chiamo..
Bonjour, je m'appelle..
Hallo, ik heet..

This is a "safe place" where you can introduce yourself and tell us something about you!

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 05, 2015 08:38AM) (new)

Hello, my name is Kelly! I am what you call an eclectic reader. I enjoy anything that grabs my attention with the first page. I love ghost stories, thrillers, mystery and horror. A few of my favorite authors include, Stephen King, Shirley Jackson, Susan Hill and Agatha Christie. On the complete other end of the spectrum I love Hermann Hesse. Author of Siddhartha and Steppenwolf.

I have a tendency to read many books at a time, right now I am reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven and The Night Circus. I also always have an audio going, Cinder. I told you eclectic!

Thanks for the invite SerialReader!!!!!

message 3: by Micky (new)

Micky Cox (miccox99) | 2 comments Hi All! I'm Micky and I'm a serial reading addict which actually makes me quite happy! I also read about anything I can get my hands on. I'm one of those people who will usually finish a book even if I don't like it as I have to know where the story goes or perhaps it's optimism that it will eventually go somewhere!

I typically am drawn to drama, mystery and the like, but I also read romance, chic lit, biographies or whatever is handy. I usually have 3-4 books going at once. I'm currently listening in my car to Tana French's The Secret Place, reading a couple books about hypothyroidism, Lucy Burdette's Topped Chef and getting ready to start listening to Truth or Die by James Patterson while I workout in the evenings. I've got a stack of library books to get read and a couple of new books by authors that I read and review for so those will be my priority to try to knock out before the end of the year. LOL, well until something else catches my eye and gets added to the stack!

Happy reading all and thanks for inviting me to the group!

message 4: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Thank you for joining us Kelly!!! Welcome!!
We are very happy to have you here!
You got the spirit of The Serial Readers Book Club..we read everything, no discrimination! Eclectic is awesome here :)

New books suggestions are coming up! Hope to see you around :)

message 5: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Hello and Welcome Micky!
Glad to have such an addicted reader between us! :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Sara and I think I acquire books more than I read them, but I'm working on that. I'll read pretty much anything.

message 7: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Hello and Welcome Sara :)
We - at Serial Readers Book Club - believe that Avid Readers don't "acquire"... we "offer books a safe and warm place to live", lol :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

SerialReader wrote: We - at Serial Readers Book Club - believe that Avid Readers don't "acquire"... we "offer books a safe and warm place to live", lol :)"

LOL!! That's what I'm going to start telling my husband (and then say it's either books or cats--which would he rather I adopt?)

message 9: by Micky (new)

Micky Cox (miccox99) | 2 comments Sara wrote: "SerialReader wrote: We - at Serial Readers Book Club - believe that Avid Readers don't "acquire"... we "offer books a safe and warm place to live", lol :)"

LOL!! That's what I'm going to start tel..."

LOL! I'm stealing both of these to use with my hubby too, only I might substitute cats out for dogs! I'm so loving this group already!!!

message 10: by RavenLovely (new)

RavenLovely | 5 comments Hello! I'm Marleen. Once upon a time, I was an avid reader...then I had children. While I read to them, I find myself exhausted by day's end. I plan to change that. I resolve to read at least a book each month for myself. I am very behind in books and am currently reading "Wicked". I look forward to the suggestions from the group!

message 11: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Angela wrote: "Hi, my name is Angela :)"

Hello and Welcome Angela :)

message 12: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Sara wrote: "SerialReader wrote: We - at Serial Readers Book Club - believe that Avid Readers don't "acquire"... we "offer books a safe and warm place to live", lol :)"

LOL!! That's what I'm going to start tel..."

:D Readers have a big heart: books, cats, dogs...husbands (lol).. we adopt everyone :)

message 13: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Micky wrote: "Sara wrote: "SerialReader wrote: We - at Serial Readers Book Club - believe that Avid Readers don't "acquire"... we "offer books a safe and warm place to live", lol :)"

LOL!! That's what I'm going..."

:D lol... puppies!!! where? where?!!

message 14: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Marleen wrote: "Hello! I'm Marleen. Once upon a time, I was an avid reader...then I had children. While I read to them, I find myself exhausted by day's end. I plan to change that. I resolve to read at least a boo..."

Hello Marleen and Welcome!!
I don't have babies but I can feel the exhaustion you talk about! Sometimes, at the end of the day even your favourite books is too heavy to handle.. don't worry, though.. we will find good books, entertaining but not too complex for those who doesn't feel like reading Freud :)

message 15: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (suzannevd) | 2 comments Hi!
I'm Suzanne. I love reading(and buying books)x

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (brimae) | 1 comments Hello! I'm Brittany and I'm a book addict. I will read almost anything so I'm always looking for new books to read. Normally I'll read 2 books at a time. I like to always have a physical book with me as well as an ebook so I have something to read no matter where I am..pulling out a paperback during a get-together is sadly frowned upon but apparently staring at a phone is okay lol.
I have social anxiety so I'm not very good at interacting on Goodreads but I'm trying to change that!
Thanks for the invite to the group :)

message 17: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Suzanne wrote: "Hi!
I'm Suzanne. I love reading(and buying books)x"

Hello Suzanne :) Welcome!

message 18: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Brittany wrote: "Hello! I'm Brittany and I'm a book addict. I will read almost anything so I'm always looking for new books to read. Normally I'll read 2 books at a time. I like to always have a physical book with ..."

Hello Brittany, Welcome :)
I totally agree with you!! Staring a flat screen is socially acceptable but reading in public is seen as weird.. I don't know if happens to other people too but sometimes when I pull out a book in public I get some of the most incredulous looks, lol!
Their face expression says everything: "watch it, that chick has a book...cover your neurons folks" lol... well, you're not gonna get those looks from us :) Our neurons are out to play here!! lol.. :D

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and welcome everyone!! Some great choices for December, I don't know where to begin!!!

I hear ya Marleen, I have 2 children, it was not till they started school that I started reading again.

message 20: by RavenLovely (new)

RavenLovely | 5 comments @kelly b my youngest just started school this year...so yes- I have some time now :) It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one that put life on hold for the kiddos

message 21: by RavenLovely (new)

RavenLovely | 5 comments @kelly b my youngest just started school this year...so yes- I have some time now :) It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one that put life on hold for the kiddos

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Marleen wrote: "@kelly b my youngest just started school this year...so yes- I have some time now :) It makes me happy to know I'm not the only one that put life on hold for the kiddos "

Not many do

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 2 comments Hi - I'm Lisa! I'm an avid reader. Mostly romance, but love mysteries and an occaisional autobiography. I've got 3 kids, 16, 8, & 3. They drive me to reading instead of drinking, to escape my world and get lost in someone elses. I'm happy to be a part of this new group!!

message 24: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Thank you Lisa, we're happy to have you! Welcome :)

message 25: by RavenLovely (new)

RavenLovely | 5 comments Welcome Mafs!
I can relate! I'm currently living abroad and read by loading books to my Nook. I miss actually holding a book, so lately I've been ordering from Barnes&Noble. But I'm running out of space in our tiny home, so I guess I'll keep using my Nook!
I miss walking into a bookstore with English books....sigh!

message 26: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Mafs wrote: "Hello fellow serial readers! =)

One of my names is Mafalda. I was born in Portugal but I do feel as a citizen of the world and I've lived in some other countries. The hardest part of living abroad..."

Well said Mafalda :)
I'm leaving abroad but I think I found my paradise at B&N, lol :)

message 27: by CL (new)

CL (cljones) | 2 comments Hello all. My name is Candy and I do not leave the house without a book or I feel under dressed. I have more books than I could ever read in a life time but you can never have to many books. So love the invention of the e-reader!! Happy Reading All!! I look forward to getting to know you all.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and welcome Lisa, Mafs, Marleen and Candy!

message 29: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Mootz (mootzymom) | 1 comments Hi....my name is Danielle and I've been obsessed with reading since birth. I only recently dispelled my childhood dream of reading every book ever written. BUT, thanks to Goodreads I can track the culmination of chasing that dream. I'm willing to try reading anything but I always gravitate towards memoirs, chick lit, and thrillers of all sorts. Always glad to get recommendations! Happy Reading!

message 30: by Bajen (new)

Bajen Hello I'm Bajen. I love the idea of this group! I definitely love reading but I usually want to read more than I have time for. I love these group cuz of the new people I get to meet and the book recommendations they make.

I read almost anything. I love historical fiction and contemporary. I also read YA a lot. I'm excited to join the group guys!

message 31: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Russell | 83 comments Hi, I'm Cheryl. I am a lifelong bookworm. Only discovered good reads yesterday but glad to have finally found it. I've come across new books I want to read. Bliss!

message 32: by RavenLovely (new)

RavenLovely | 5 comments Welcome, Cheryl!

message 33: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Bajen wrote: "Hello I'm Bajen. I love the idea of this group! I definitely love reading but I usually want to read more than I have time for. I love these group cuz of the new people I get to meet and the book r..."

Hello Bajen and welcome :) we're glad to have you here!!

message 34: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Welcome Cheryl :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and welcome Cheryl!

message 36: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

T.A. wrote: "HI. My name is T.A. Samuelson. Author of a brand new science fiction novel, ZION: The Remnants Saga. Just looking to connect with readers. More information on my profile. I will happily transfer th..."

Hello T.A. :) no problem at all.. Congratulations on your new novel! Just downloaded Zion :)

message 37: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Hello, l`m Dominique and I am a bookworm. Always with a book in hand (except when l`m working). Looking to meet new people, discuss and discover new books.

message 38: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Dominique (Dom) wrote: "Hello, l`m Dominique and I am a bookworm. Always with a book in hand (except when l`m working). Looking to meet new people, discuss and discover new books."

Welcome Dominique :) hope to see you around :)

message 39: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 56 comments Thank You for the invite SerialReader!
My name is Ashley and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I love going to the library and nothing can beat snuggling up on the couch with a good book. I look forward to everyone's suggestions and discussing what everyone's read.
Happy Reading All!

message 40: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Welcome Ashley :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Dominique (Dom) wrote: "Hello, l`m Dominique and I am a bookworm. Always with a book in hand (except when l`m working). Looking to meet new people, discuss and discover new books."

Good to see you here Dominique

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashley wrote: "Thank You for the invite SerialReader!
My name is Ashley and I LOVE LOVE LOVE to read! I love going to the library and nothing can beat snuggling up on the couch with a good book. I look forward to..."

Hello and welcome Ashley

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

T.A. wrote: "HI. My name is T.A. Samuelson. Author of a brand new science fiction novel, ZION: The Remnants Saga. Just looking to connect with readers. More information on my profile. I will happily transfer th..."

Hello and welcome T.A!

message 44: by Alex (new)

Alex Shelby (jynxmecrazie) My name is Alex and I am definitely a book fanatic. I've loved reading my whole life. Even before I could read, I would look through books and make up stories based on the pictures. Bookworms rock ;)

message 45: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Alex wrote: "My name is Alex and I am definitely a book fanatic. I've loved reading my whole life. Even before I could read, I would look through books and make up stories based on the pictures. Bookworms rock ;)"

Welcome Alex :) there are a lot of book enthusiasts in this group :D

message 46: by Anggiana (new)

Anggiana Fardhani (anggianayf) | 2 comments Hello, everyone!

My name is Anggi from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm book-addict. I read almost anything but my favorites are contemporary and mystery. I waste my money for buying books. haha. This group is awesome :D Thanks to the moderator, SerialReader, for inviting me.

message 47: by SerialReader, Moderator (new)

Anggiana wrote: "Hello, everyone!

My name is Anggi from Jakarta, Indonesia. I'm book-addict. I read almost anything but my favorites are contemporary and mystery. I waste my money for buying books. haha. This grou..."

Halo Anggi, selamat datang!! Every book addict is more than welcome here :)

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Alex. My son used to do the same thing!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Alex. My son used to do the same thing!

message 50: by Alex (new)

Alex Shelby (jynxmecrazie) Kelly B wrote: "Welcome Alex. My son used to do the same thing!"

Thank you! :)

« previous 1