Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

2016 Challenge prompts > A book from the library

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juanita (new)

Juanita (juanitav) | 723 comments This is kind of a "gimme" category. A book from the library ... (again, thank you Popsugar people.)

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 539 comments I agree - going to leave this one to-be-determined. Like you said, it seems like a freebie category since 99% of the books I read come from the library. Yay!

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie (marie123) | 34 comments I download e-books from the library, do you think that would count?

message 4: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Yes!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (mghrt06) | 539 comments Marie wrote: "I download e-books from the library, do you think that would count?"

Yep! That's exactly what I do through the OverDrive App. I'm absolutely counting it as "book from library"

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I love the Overdrive app!

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber | 7 comments I never got around to reading a book I picked up from our library's Reads Under Wraps in December, so I"ll be using that. The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henriquez

message 8: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlove) | 22 comments I get most of my books from the library too. I was thinking of making this category fun and just pick a book from a random shelf in a random aisle and cross my fingers.

message 9: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 618 comments I'm also treating this one as mostly a free choice category since most of my books are coming from the library. I'll probably pick something off my TBR that I really want to read but doesn't fit any category

message 10: by Eleanor (new)

Eleanor | 39 comments I decided to do this challenge on a whim 2 days ago, and had a book on hold at the library that didn't seem to meet any of the other categories, so I popped it in. If it turns out it does meet another category, I'll move it over and move the next book that doesn't fit a category in there :)

message 11: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Yeah, it's a bit of a wild card category.

message 12: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I read Dark Corners by Ruth Rendell Dark Corners, Ruth Rendell's final book for this prompt.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

message 14: by Leigha (new)

Leigha (leighas_life) I am currently reading The Guild (The Guild, #1) by Felicia Day

message 15: by Marta (new)

Marta (gezemice) | 78 comments I also get most my books from the library so I will just wait until I want to read something I can't fit into other categories.

message 16: by Christi (last edited Sep 07, 2016 08:58AM) (new)

Christi | 45 comments A Window Opens by Elisabeth Eagan.
Loved this book. Was on the waiting list for over two months at the library for the Kindle version. Worth the wait. So good.

99% of the books I read, listen to or download onto my Kindle are from the library. I love the library.

message 17: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) I'm kind of the opposite in that I rarely borrow books from the library (I live in Switzerland, so the range of English books is fairly limited). But ... I've started taking my daughter into one of the bigger libraries in town, and I was thrilled to find a book that I've been wanting to read for ages there - Burial Rites. It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but I'm glad to have ticked it off my TBR!

message 18: by Janet (new)

Janet Cripe (jcripe) | 35 comments Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
The story is told in a unique format which made it a quick read. I thought I was going to end up hating it but the twist at the end redeemed the book for me. Looking forward to sequel.

message 19: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I'm really loving that book, Janet!

message 20: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte Grayson | 9 comments Just finished The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plait. Amazing book! I highly recommend it

message 21: by Sarah (new)

Sarah FitzGerald | 14 comments I read Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes. I love her work, she is one of my favorite authors. This book really stuck with me. I'd highly recommend it.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 618 comments I keep forgetting to post when I start my books, but I picked You for this prompt.

message 23: by Monica (new)

Monica (mcosselman) State of Wonder

I could have picked any book for this since almost all the books I read are from the library!

message 24: by Kathy (new)

Kathy I read The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie. This was Christie's first novel, published in 1920. Very enjoyable.

message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber | 38 comments So many, but I counted The Fire by Katherine Neville for this category.

message 26: by Brittani (new)

Brittani Allen | 23 comments I read "the raven boys"