The Challenge Factory discussion

2015 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > December Buddy Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (last edited Nov 22, 2015 01:34PM) (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5837 comments Mod
Buddy Read

December Buddy Read Discussion
Duration: 01 December 2015 - 31 December 2015

Instructions & Info:

Rules:

Use this thread to find your buddy and determine your book! You can always start by posting books, authors or genres you are interested in. When you decide who your buddy will be and what book(s) you're going to read head on over to the FINAL SIGN UP thread (see link at bottom) and tell me your book and buddy there (there will be instructions to follow).

1. If you want to participate post your name and let people know what genre(s) you are interested in reading and/or any books that you're interested in reading.

2. If you already know who you’d like to read with, go to the Final Sign Up thread and post your information for me!

3. Groups of 3 or more are also fine, the more the merrier.

4.I will create Buddy Discussion Threads for each Buddy group and you will be able to start reading and discussing.

5. There are no rules on what, how much or how often to discuss or how best to pace your reading - whatever works best for each individual group.

5.The challenge will span a month.

6.You CAN sign up for more than one Buddy Read...in fact it's encouraged!

ANY QUESTIONS JUST ASK!

Once you have a buddy, go to the December Sign Up Thread and post your book and your buddy.

message 2: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Nov 22, 2015 06:19PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 16365 comments Mod
Skandia, Ezinwanyi and anyone else. The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry this month?
Danielle & Ezinwanyi are continuing the Killer Instinct series with Book 2: Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2) by Elle Kennedy (keeping the same thread)

message 3: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) Thinking about one or two of these for this month:
Beloved by Toni Morrison Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson Bête by Adam Roberts

Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton (brigidsmomma) | 565 comments Sherri and Tiffany do you want to continue the Kay
scarpetta books this month?

message 5: by Krissy (last edited Nov 27, 2015 05:50PM) (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Some of my December possibilities:

Captive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacat Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) by Piers Anthony

message 6: by K~Terror (new)

K~Terror (k-terror) | 4537 comments Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Skandia, Ezinwanyi and anyone else. The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry this month?
Danielle & Ezinwanyi are continuing the Killer Instinct series with Book 2: Midnight Alias (Killer Instincts, #2) by Elle Kennedy"

Hey Ezi - I'd love to join you & Skandia for The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry

message 7: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Nov 22, 2015 03:37PM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Krissy wrote: "Some of my December possibilities:

Our Souls at Night by Kent HarufSnow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa SeeCaptive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacat..."

Krissy, I'll read On a Pale Horse (Incarnations of Immortality, #1) by Piers Anthony with you. You up for doing the series, say one book a month?

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) I wouldn't mind a friend to read:

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews Written in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne Bishop Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3) by Gena Showalter If Angels Burn (Darkyn, #1) by Lynn Viehl

message 9: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Trea, I'm totally up for that!

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Krissy wrote: "Trea, I'm totally up for that!"

I'll go sign us up!

message 11: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Nov 22, 2015 06:20PM) (new)

Krissy, Dont forget we are reading A Clean Break (Gay Amish Romance #2) by Keira Andrews this month, right? (Keeping the same thread)

message 12: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

K~Terror wrote: "Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Skandia, Ezinwanyi and anyone else. The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry this month?
Danielle & Ezinwanyi are continuing the Killer Instinct series with Book 2: ..."

KTerror, I got you!

message 13: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Ezi, I didn't forget! I already have it on my December to read shelf :)

message 14: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Ezi, I didn't forget! I already have it on my December to read shelf :)"

Yes!

message 15: by Sherri (new)

Sherri F. (readersherrif) | 34 comments Kay (Brigidsmomma) wrote: "Sherri and Tiffany do you want to continue the Kay
scarpetta books this month?"

No, for now I'm going to stick with the In Death series group along with some new releases & my big backlog pile. Plus, I just finished #8 earlier today and again was disappointed. So I'm not sure if it's b/c I read too many in a short period & some out of order & maybe a little b/c they're old (which isn't a good excuse b/c I have liked so many other series or books that were 70s, 80s & 90s, but trying to salvage the series for myself), BUT I definitely need a break from them (which I put in my review too), but even after break, I might skip to ones that are 10 yrs or less old and see if they are are better or worse for me.

message 16: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments Lulu wrote: "Thinking about one or two of these for this month:
Beloved by Toni Morrison Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson Bête by Adam Roberts"

Bête! Yes!

message 17: by Karina (new)

Karina (karinargh) | 237 comments If anyone wants to join me for any of these:
The Peripheral by William Gibson Persuasion by Jane Austen Europe in Autumn by Dave Hutchinson Speak Easy by Catherynne M. Valente

message 18: by sarah (last edited Nov 23, 2015 02:41AM) (new)

sarah Would anyone like to join me in reading in any of these:
The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan

message 19: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments sarah wrote: "Would anyone like to join me in reading in any of these:
The Enchanted by Rene DenfeldThe Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan"

Hi Sarah; I will join you for The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld

message 20: by Colleen (last edited Nov 23, 2015 05:58AM) (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments Krissy wrote: "Some of my December possibilities:

Krissy; I'd join you for Old Man's War (Old Man's War, #1) by John Scalzi

message 21: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colls) | 491 comments Sandy & I are planning on reading Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke over December/January (assuming/hoping we can do that, right? the book is like 1000 pages or something ridiculous).

Would anyone else like to join us?

message 22: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Colleen, I'll sign us up for Old Man's War. Thanks for joining me!

message 23: by Camylle (new)

Camylle (emyllioo) | 13 comments Anyone want to tackle Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds The Devil's Ride (Sex & Mayhem, #2) by K.A. Merikan A Demon's Dark Embrace (The Elite Guards, #1) by Amelia Hutchins or Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews ??!!!

message 24: by Camylle (new)

Camylle (emyllioo) | 13 comments Trea wrote: "Krissy wrote: "SoCaptive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacatme of my December possibilities:
Kri..."

Hola Krissy! Can I join you in Captive Prince Volume One (Captive Prince, #1) by C.S. Pacat ??

message 25: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 1198 comments Lulu wrote: "Thinking about one or two of these for this month:
Beloved by Toni Morrison Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson Bête by Adam Roberts"

Lulu, Beloved by Toni Morrison is one of my favorite books of all time. I'd love to read it with you!

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1454 comments K~Terror wrote: "Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Skandia, Ezinwanyi and anyone else. The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry this month?
Danielle & Ezinwanyi are continuing the Killer Instinct series with Book 2: ..."

I've got it on my December shelf - looking forward to it.

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1454 comments Denise, Lauren, Nichole, Krissy, Penni

Are we going to continue with Riveted (Iron Seas, #3) by Meljean Brook in December?

message 28: by Penni (new)

Penni | 994 comments Danielle wrote: "Denise, Lauren, Nichole, Krissy, Penni

Are we going to continue with Riveted (Iron Seas, #3) by Meljean Brook in December?"

I would like to

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) | 1454 comments Penni wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Denise, Lauren, Nichole, Krissy, Penni

Are we going to continue with Riveted (Iron Seas, #3) by Meljean Brook in December?"

I would like to"

I have it on my December Shelf!

message 30: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Danielle, my audible credits are already being used for other books so I'll have to pass this month

message 31: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Camylle, I'll sign us up! :)

message 32: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "Danielle, my audible credits are already being used for other books so I'll have to pass this month"

I am crossing my fingers for a holiday sale...though I fear it will be on holiday themed audiobooks :(

message 33: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Krissy wrote: "Danielle, my audible credits are already being used for other books so I'll have to pass this month"

I am crossing my fingers for a holiday sale...though I fear it will be on holida..."

Last year I was able to snag a $10 credit but most of the books I want is over that price so I'd still have to come out of pocket. And I hate when they have sales it's always only on specific books. Just once I'd like to see an entire site sale!

message 34: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (last edited Nov 23, 2015 01:42PM) (new)

Krissy wrote: "Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Krissy wrote: "Danielle, my audible credits are already being used for other books so I'll have to pass this month"

Just once I'd like to see an entire site sale! ..."

Pretty sure you will NEVER see that. They do a sitewide sale where they take 20% off the entire sale, but it ends up being a couple of dollars off each books. I like the $3.95, $4.95 and $6.95 sales

message 35: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments And it's always 20% off the original price not the members price :(

message 36: by Krissy (new)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Oh, and I always snatch up a bunch during the 3.95 and 4.95 sales. And during the 2 books for 1 credit sale. But sadly those are always only a specific set of books. None I would have chosen first.

message 37: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Krissy wrote: "And it's always 20% off the original price not the members price :("

Well, they take 25% or 30% of the original price, so maybe a $12 book will be $10 or even $9. It's not bad, but it's not much either.

message 38: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) Karina & Sandy - sounds good, will sign us up!

message 39: by sarah (new)

sarah Colleen wrote: "sarah wrote: "Would anyone like to join me in reading in any of these:
The Enchanted by Rene DenfeldThe Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan"

Hi Sarah; I will join you for [boo..."

Sounds good, Colleen! I will sign us up now :]

message 40: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Why is K-Terror and V Audio acting brand new? You guys better sign up for something or I will sign you up for a book of my choosing

message 41: by Nichole (new)

Nichole | 1862 comments Trea and I will be reading Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers if anyone is interested in joining us.

message 42: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Danielle wrote: "Denise, Lauren, Nichole, Krissy, Penni

I'm in!

message 43: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

Nichole wrote: "Trea and I will be reading Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by Robin LaFevers if anyone is interested in joining us."

that was a good book.

message 44: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Anyone up for one of these?

Prince Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #11) by Anne Rice The Knight (High Kingdom, #1) by Pierre Pevel Crippen by John Boyne The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall Nightfall by Jake Halpern Anno Dracula (Anno Dracula, #1) by Kim Newman The Dream Alchemist (Somnus, #1) by Joanna Chambers Stray Souls (Magicals Anonymous, #1) by Kate Griffin

message 45: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments Lol Ezi I have only just seen your message about me and K-Terror!

I was trying to be good and not sign up for loads thus time as I usually end up with so many to read and ha en to rush through them at the end of the month! !

But just because I love you so much I will be back with some of mine for December and see who I can sign up with ♡♡

message 46: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

V Audio Nerd wrote: "Lol Ezi I have only just seen your message about me and K-Terror!

I was trying to be good and not sign up for loads thus time as I usually end up with so many to read and ha en to rush through the..."

It's okay. I already signed up for The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry ...but if you have more :D

message 47: by V_Nerdbooks (new)

V_Nerdbooks | 5307 comments lol I have a few to do, I'll post back when I find them x

message 48: by ~Melissa~ (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Why is K-Terror and V Audio acting brand new? You guys better sign up for something or I will sign you up for a book of my choosing"

LOL ~ did they follow orders??!!?

message 49: by ~Melissa~ (last edited Nov 27, 2015 06:03PM) (new)

~Melissa~ | 5015 comments Danielle Book Mafia Enforcer- Mad Rogan's Boo wrote: "I wouldn't mind a friend to read:

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona AndrewsWritten in Red (The Others, #1) by Anne BishopUnholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

Danielle I would like to do Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #1) by Ilona Andrews with you

message 50: by Ezinwanyi, Factory Superintendent (new)

~Melissa~ wrote: "Ezinwanyi~Boo boo kitty wrote: "Why is K-Terror and V Audio acting brand new? You guys better sign up for something or I will sign you up for a book of my choosing"

LOL ~ did they follow orders??!!?"

Yep
*snickers. Shall I add your name?

« previous 1