Start by marking “Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)” as Want to Read:

Oblivion

(Lux #1.5)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  14,148 ratings  ·  1,601 reviews
Alternate cover edition of ISBN 9781633754799

Experience the epic love story of OBSIDIAN as told by its hero, Daemon Black…

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble's the last thing I need, since I'm not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plu
Published December 1st 2015 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Oblivion, please sign up.
Jacquelyn I was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true insi…moreI was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true insight to not only what he is thinking and feeling but things he does that really don't add or mean anything except that it is almost as though she could have started the series out this way from the beginning, which I feel is how a rewrite should be every time anyway.(less)
anjuli It is from Daemon's POV but, it is a mix of new and some old scenes flipped. It is not Obsidian.

Here's the blog post about this book. http://www.jenn…more

Here's the blog post about this book. http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/obl... (less)

·  14,148 ratings  ·  1,601 reviews

Start your review of Oblivion (Lux, #1.5)
Sasha Alsberg
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book lover always wants to read one of their favorite books for the first time again....Oblivion is a way to do that with Obsidian <3 ...more
Cristal
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
9/16/15 UPDATE!

OHMYGOD YOU GUYS! THE COVER IS OUT!
description

OHHH MY LORD, LOOK AT HIM!

description
Side note, is anyone else getting a lumberjack vibe off of this cover?! Or is it just me??

I'M GONNA NEED A MINUTE TO PROCESS THIS

3/24/15
A NEW BOOK IN THE LUX SERIES!?!!?
description
IN DAEMON'S POINT OF VIEW!?!!?!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!
Duanur
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Before Reading:
I have to admit that I hate when authors write their most popular book with a different POV and make money out of that. I just think they are getting advantage of people who would do anything to read more about their favourite characters.

That being said, I AM TOTALLY BUYING THIS BOOK.

I'm ridiculously in love with Daemon Black AND I HAVE TO READ anything that involves him.

Also Daemon and Kat warm my cold, dead heart.

---------------

After Reading:

Obsidian: 2.5
Onyx: 3
Opal: 3.5

Well,
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The first book of the lux series nearly destroyed my life with how horrifically awesome it was, but the first book in Daemon's pov? I literally feel like my life was wrecked, the minute I finished the book. This is by far my favorite book in this series. There was several moments where I felt the need to drop kick Daemon in a volcano and throw lighter fluid right after him, for being such a connard to Katy, but he got a brain in the end :) So, all in all, awesome read and highly recommended!
Melissa
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
IT HAS A COVER!!

*in Janice's voice* OH. MY. GOOOOOOOD.

♡Jacqueline♡ beautyliterate
I LOVE DAEMON BLACK...that is all
Sophia Triad
Daemon’s POV and in a way he will make you fall in love with him all over again.

You will laugh with his first impression of Kate:

I sized her up as I drifted silently through the trees. She appeared of average height. Actually, everything about her seemed average....
..... My head cocked to the side at the sound of her voice, which was also…average.

You will roll your eyes with his description about himself:

My green eyes were a family trait and my hair tended to curl a bit on the ends whethe
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Holy Fuuuulalalalatte

CUZ OUR BOY DAEMON IS COMING BACK BABY
Oblivion is a companion novel (#1.5) in Jennifer L. Armentrout's young-adult paranormal series titled Lux. It's been a long while since I read the first book Obsidian so I knew I would need to re-read it before continuing the series. But look what came just in time...

Think Obsidian from Daemon's point of view. There were some new scenes but the majority of the content is the story you know but flipped perspectives. For me having read Obsidian so long ago, this was perfect. My memory got caught u
Varsha
I usually hate it when authors write their already published books in a different POV but IT'S DAEMON BLACK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE SO OF COURSE I'M FREAKIN EXCITED :D

But December 2015? :( :(

Anna M.
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
JLA... I love you. And the series... This changes nothing. I just couldn't really love this book, it's not you, it's me. I hate different POV books, it just seems to me it was purely a retold book in Daemons perspective. Nothing new was brought to the story for me... And if anything, I began to doubt my love for the original books. Now, I couldn't have that! So, with my long awaited release of Oblivion, I close the book. In my eyes, the Lux series will forever live on in the eyes of Katy.
Lucia
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal, sci-fi
3.5 STARS for the e-book version
(Obsidian, Onyx and Opal in Daemon’s POV)

No panic. 3.5 stars is a good rating. It means that overall I did enjoy this book. However, writing-wise, Oblivion is no masterpiece. I could live without all those repetitive phrases that author used. If I read about Daemon talking about „how long Kat’s legs look for someone so short” ever again, I will probably break something. And if I read once more about Daemon looking at “certain assets of her”, I will burn something.
Alyssa Davila (Traveling with Words)
UPDATE 3/24/15

More Lux series, more Daemon Black???

December come faster!!!

Maria...
5 freaking stars!!!<3

That girl was trouble wrapped up in a tiny package
complete with a freaking bow.And worse yet,
she was just the kind of trouble I liked!

I can't describe how I felt when I discover this book....no words... just feelings....

I never wanted someone as much as I wanted Kat

I had a HUGE ASS grinning the whole time I was reading Daemon's thoughts about Katy...
When I read the "Lux" series I wanted sooo badly to know what Daemon was thinking or feeling from the first time he saw
Luke
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
(Note: I am going to read the paperback copy, then, at some point, read the ebook version; it is Daemon, and experiencing Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal is a must.)

I finished the paperback version (with only Obsidian from Daemon's point view), and as soon as I can read the digital copy (with Onyx and Opal from his point of view included), then I won't hesitate to start it.

OBSIDIAN from Daemon's point of view

I don't know why I love Daemon so much -- he is a jerk a lot of the time -- but I guess it's
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february-2016
This book is the first three books from the Lux series from Daemon's POV, well at least the e-book is. If you got the actual book it's just Obsidian instead. We get to see his thoughts and the reasoning behind all his actions. My favorite of the three novels is the retelling of Obsidian, I mean they are all great but there is just something about the first one that is my favorite. That is because well the action is mainly all from Katy's POV and it shows, to me this drags a little at some points ...more
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Prior to picking this book up, I didn't realize that it was "Obsidian" (Book 1 in the series) from Daemon's perspective. As "Obsidian" was probably my favourite novel in the series, it was not a disappointment.

I really enjoyed this read but I can understand if others think it was unnecessary. Typically, I don't read many books where it's a repeated story told from a different character perspective. I know they are out there (examples being: the Fifty Shades of Grey series told from Christian's
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Apr 03, 2015 is currently reading it
I know that some people hate when authors write their popular book with a different POV... but not me. I FUCKING LOVE MALES POV and guys we are talking about DAEMON FUCKING BLACK, THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! HE IS THE BESTTTTTTT.

I'm ridiculously in love with Daemon so please if you do not like the idea of this book that is ok DO NOT READ IT but stop talking shit.

That being said..GOOD BYE WORLD. I'M READING.
Fran
3.5 Stars

It was fun reading Daemon's POV when he first met Katy. His POV of everything that happened in Obsidian felt "new" to me and not like a simple "copy paste job" as my friend Ami said. Or it might be because I read that one a looong time ago so it felt that way. But I really enjoyed it a lot! Oh and Daemon seems to be a bigger douche than I initially thought. :))

I have to say though that his POVs of Onyx and Opal aren't necessarily a must read. I felt like they were pretty much the same a
Pinky
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, before I start this review, I just want to say that this might be a horrible review. I know my timing is really bad because I have two exams tomorrow. Although I studied since the beginning of the semester, I am scared. I feel really pressured and have been studying for hours. So I decided to take a break and that break includes writing a review. :) I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself. I finished this book two days ago but everything is so crazy and I really wanted to write a review.

My r
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Oblivion was gripping, emotional and I loved every minute of it! So when I started reading that very first page I found myself crying. I was so happy to be back in a world with characters that I absolutely loved with my whole heart. Four years later and the Lux Series is still my favorite series and Daemon Black still holds the number one spot as my favorite book boyfriend ever. So the fact that we got to hear the first three Lux books in Daemon Black's voice?! It was priceless. Oblivion was co ...more
Don
5 'please marry me, Daemon' stars!!

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY LOVE FOR DAEMON BLACK!!
He is my all time favorite book HUSBAND!
I finished the Lux series last year and I just couldn't get over the series and how its my favorite series... EVER . I've been trying to find a series or just even a book to replace it but I can't! So, you can imagine my freak out session I had when I found out she released Oblivion and.... (give it a minute)... IT WAS IN DAMEON'S POV!!
Jennifer, you sly dog you. You
Renee
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Daemon's point of view is amazing!!!
TheBibliotheque ♡
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Did you read the Lux series and fall madly, deeply,and irrevocably in love with Daemon Black?

“Want to throw another adverb in there?”

Well, yes. I’ll tell you something else: if your answer to my question is YES, then you absolutely and immediately need to read Oblivion.

If I remember correctly, it was during Christmas last year that I read – or more like devoured – the Lux series. This was during my pre-bibliotheque reader’s life, so I never put together a review for it. To be honest, I don’t t
Gabi
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG OMG I CAN'T BREATH

WHEN? WHEN? ARE WE GETTING THIS BEAUTIFUL THING!

I NEED IT IN MY HANDS THIS INSTANT!

DAEMON AND KATY

KATY AND DAEMON

MORE!? YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYA

SO HAPPY!!!!!

I'M A HAPPY UNICORN :)

PEEPPSSSSS IT IS ALMOST HERE AND I AM CURRENTLY TRYING VERY HARD NOT TO SMACK MY HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD BECAUSE THAT IS HOW EXCITED I AM! AND I FOUND OUT THAT THE PAPERBACK IS OBSIDIAN AND THEN IN EBOOK ITS THE FIRST THREE BOOKS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1/ YASSSSS!
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
I laughed a lot, I enjoyed it a lot.

Is this the best lux book?No it's not, but it's still Daemon, it's still one of my favorite series and although I'll be the first to admit that my expectations were high it didn't dissapoint me. I wanted a little bit more of something that I can't pinpoint. I don't know perhaps more romance. I'll never get enough of Daemon and Kitten.

Natalia
Oct 13, 2017 rated it liked it
That was a fun and light read. I've always been interested to see what was Daemon thinking during the first book. Overall I liked it, it as if I was reading Obsidian again. Even though that there weren't any changes and it was pretty much the same, I like the small things that she added. Like when it was reviled that Dee didn't actually steal his keys. That was such a great scene;D
I had only one problem with this book. It might not sound like a such a big deal, but it bugged me a lot. During the
hugsandcookies
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After been in a book funk that I literally dragged on reading Daemon's POV that I've finally finished.

There's nothing much to this but I loved every moment that Daemon became irresistible and lovable. You won't be disappointed.
High Lady Indy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Geezzz I'm actually done with the series now I have completed all the books there is no more to go on:( But seeing from my favorite sassy alien Deamon Black one last time was totally awesome and I will like to thank my awesome Besti Acacia for providing me with the book I have been waiting forever and a day to get and now that I'm finished I wanna start all over again but I can't right now because I have many other books to read. I give this book a 5 star rating because this series is amazing an ...more
Allison
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome addition to the series! If you loved the Lux series, or even just liked it, definitely pick up this book. Even though it was the same book, it never got old or repetitive. Oblivion gives an interesting and new take on events, and adds extra Daemon/Katy scenes you don't see in the original. It makes me love Daemon even more, and lets you get to know the Thompson's and Matthew on a deeper level. Any Lux fan definitely needs to pick this up!

Just FYI, I bought this book both print

• Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • The Proposal (Wait for You, #2.5)
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • Fall with Me (Wait for You, #4)
  • Be with Me (Wait for You, #2)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Stay with Me (Wait for You, #3)
  • Wait for You (Wait for You, #1)
  • Scorched (Frigid, #2)
  • Frigid (Frigid, #1)
  • Existence (Existence, #1)
  • Sweet Evil (Sweet, #1)
  • Tempting the Best Man (Gamble Brothers, #1)
  • Fire in You (Wait for You, #6)
  • A single word: Roman (L.O.V.E. 2)
  • Tempting the Bodyguard (Gamble Brothers, #3)
  • Reverence (Significance, #3.5)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Lux (5 books)