Start by marking “Oblivion (Lux #1.5)” as Want to Read:

Oblivion

(Lux #1.5)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  12,537 ratings  ·  1,508 reviews
Alternate cover edition of ISBN 9781633754799

Experience the epic love story of OBSIDIAN as told by its hero, Daemon Black…

I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble's the last thing I need, since I'm not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plu
Published December 1st 2015 by Entangled: Teen

To ask other readers questions about Oblivion, please sign up.
Jacquelyn I was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true…moreI was blown away by how well she did this. I was expecting it to be a rewrite with change of personal pronouns and that's it. But no, we see true insight to not only what he is thinking and feeling but things he does that really don't add or mean anything except that it is almost as though she could have started the series out this way from the beginning, which I feel is how a rewrite should be every time anyway.(less)
anjuli It is from Daemon's POV but, it is a mix of new and some old scenes flipped. It is not Obsidian.

Here's the blog post about this book. …more

Here's the blog post about this book. http://www.jenniferarmentrout.com/obl... (less)

·  12,537 ratings  ·  1,508 reviews

Sasha Alsberg
Dec 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book lover always wants to read one of their favorite books for the first time again....Oblivion is a way to do that with Obsidian <3
Cristal
Mar 24, 2015 marked it as to-read
9/16/15 UPDATE!

OHMYGOD YOU GUYS! THE COVER IS OUT!
description

OHHH MY LORD, LOOK AT HIM!

description
Side note, is anyone else getting a lumberjack vibe off of this cover?! Or is it just me??

I'M GONNA NEED A MINUTE TO PROCESS THIS

3/24/15
A NEW BOOK IN THE LUX SERIES!?!!?
description
IN DAEMON'S POINT OF VIEW!?!!?!
I AM SO EXCITED!!!
description
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Holy Fuuuulalalalatte

CUZ OUR BOY DAEMON IS COMING BACK BABY
Oblivion is a companion novel (#1.5) in Jennifer L. Armentrout's young-adult paranormal series titled Lux. It's been a long while since I read the first book Obsidian so I knew I would need to re-read it before continuing the series. But look what came just in time...

Think Obsidian from Daemon's point of view. There were some new scenes but the majority of the content is the story you know but flipped perspectives. For me having read Obsidian so long ago, this was perfect. My memory got caught u
Varsha
I usually hate it when authors write their already published books in a different POV but IT'S DAEMON BLACK WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE SO OF COURSE I'M FREAKIN EXCITED :D

But December 2015? :( :(

Anna M.
Sep 16, 2015 rated it liked it
JLA... I love you. And the series... This changes nothing. I just couldn't really love this book, it's not you, it's me. I hate different POV books, it just seems to me it was purely a retold book in Daemons perspective. Nothing new was brought to the story for me... And if anything, I began to doubt my love for the original books. Now, I couldn't have that! So, with my long awaited release of Oblivion, I close the book. In my eyes, the Lux series will forever live on in the eyes of Katy.
Alyssa Davila (Traveling with Words)
UPDATE 3/24/15

More Lux series, more Daemon Black???

December come faster!!!

Lucia
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, ya, paranormal
3.5 STARS for the e-book version
(Obsidian, Onyx and Opal in Daemon’s POV)

No panic. 3.5 stars is a good rating. It means that overall I did enjoy this book. However, writing-wise, Oblivion is no masterpiece. I could live without all those repetitive phrases that author used. If I read about Daemon talking about „how long Kat’s legs look for someone so short” ever again, I will probably break something. And if I read once more about Daemon looking at “certain assets of her”, I will burn something.
Maria...
5 freaking stars!!!<3

That girl was trouble wrapped up in a tiny package
complete with a freaking bow.And worse yet,
she was just the kind of trouble I liked!

I can't describe how I felt when I discover this book....no words... just feelings....

I never wanted someone as much as I wanted Kat

I had a HUGE ASS grinning the whole time I was reading Daemon's thoughts about Katy...
When I read the "Lux" series I wanted sooo badly to know what Daemon was thinking or feeling from the first time he s
Luke
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
(Note: I am going to read the paperback copy, then, at some point, read the ebook version; it is Daemon, and experiencing Obsidian, Onyx, and Opal is a must.)

I finished the paperback version (with only Obsidian from Daemon's point view), and as soon as I can read the digital copy (with Onyx and Opal from his point of view included), then I won't hesitate to start it.

OBSIDIAN from Daemon's point of view

I don't know why I love Daemon so much -- he is a jerk a lot of the time -- but I guess it's
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: february-2016
This book is the first three books from the Lux series from Daemon's POV, well at least the e-book is. If you got the actual book it's just Obsidian instead. We get to see his thoughts and the reasoning behind all his actions. My favorite of the three novels is the retelling of Obsidian, I mean they are all great but there is just something about the first one that is my favorite. That is because well the action is mainly all from Katy's POV and it shows, to me this drags a little at some points ...more
Brooke — brooklynnnnereads
Prior to picking this book up, I didn't realize that it was "Obsidian" (Book 1 in the series) from Daemon's perspective. As "Obsidian" was probably my favourite novel in the series, it was not a disappointment.

I really enjoyed this read but I can understand if others think it was unnecessary. Typically, I don't read many books where it's a repeated story told from a different character perspective. I know they are out there (examples being: the Fifty Shades of Grey series told from Christian's
Fran
3.5 Stars

It was fun reading Daemon's POV when he first met Katy. His POV of everything that happened in Obsidian felt "new" to me and not like a simple "copy paste job" as my friend Ami said. Or it might be because I read that one a looong time ago so it felt that way. But I really enjoyed it a lot! Oh and Daemon seems to be a bigger douche than I initially thought. :))

I have to say though that his POVs of Onyx and Opal aren't necessarily a must read. I felt like they were pretty much the same a
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Apr 03, 2015 is currently reading it
I know that some people hate when authors write their popular book with a different POV... but not me. I FUCKING LOVE MALES POV and guys we are talking about DAEMON FUCKING BLACK, THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! HE IS THE BESTTTTTTT.

I'm ridiculously in love with Daemon so please if you do not like the idea of this book that is ok DO NOT READ IT but stop talking shit.

That being said..GOOD BYE WORLD. I'M READING.
Pinky
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, before I start this review, I just want to say that this might be a horrible review. I know my timing is really bad because I have two exams tomorrow. Although I studied since the beginning of the semester, I am scared. I feel really pressured and have been studying for hours. So I decided to take a break and that break includes writing a review. :) I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself. I finished this book two days ago but everything is so crazy and I really wanted to write a review.

My r
Tetty Marlinda
I just like reading 3 in 1 book. Maybe I will reread the series sometimes in the future.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Oblivion was gripping, emotional and I loved every minute of it! So when I started reading that very first page I found myself crying. I was so happy to be back in a world with characters that I absolutely loved with my whole heart. Four years later and the Lux Series is still my favorite series and Daemon Black still holds the number one spot as my favorite book boyfriend ever. So the fact that we got to hear the first three Lux books in Daemon Black's voice?! It was priceless. Oblivion was co ...more
Don
5 'please marry me, Daemon' stars!!

NO ONE UNDERSTANDS MY LOVE FOR DAEMON BLACK!!
He is my all time favorite book HUSBAND!
I finished the Lux series last year and I just couldn't get over the series and how its my favorite series... EVER . I've been trying to find a series or just even a book to replace it but I can't! So, you can imagine my freak out session I had when I found out she released Oblivion and.... (give it a minute)... IT WAS IN DAMEON'S POV!!
Jennifer, you sly dog you. You
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
I laughed a lot, I enjoyed it a lot.

Is this the best lux book?No it's not, but it's still Daemon, it's still one of my favorite series and although I'll be the first to admit that my expectations were high it didn't dissapoint me. I wanted a little bit more of something that I can't pinpoint. I don't know perhaps more romance. I'll never get enough of Daemon and Kitten.

Acacia
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Daemon's point of view is amazing!!!
Gabi
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
OMG OMG I CAN'T BREATH

WHEN? WHEN? ARE WE GETTING THIS BEAUTIFUL THING!

I NEED IT IN MY HANDS THIS INSTANT!

DAEMON AND KATY

KATY AND DAEMON

MORE!? YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYA

SO HAPPY!!!!!

I'M A HAPPY UNICORN :)

PEEPPSSSSS IT IS ALMOST HERE AND I AM CURRENTLY TRYING VERY HARD NOT TO SMACK MY HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD BECAUSE THAT IS HOW EXCITED I AM! AND I FOUND OUT THAT THE PAPERBACK IS OBSIDIAN AND THEN IN EBOOK ITS THE FIRST THREE BOOKS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?1/ YASSSSS!
☽ TheBibliotheque
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Did you read the Lux series and fall madly, deeply,and irrevocably in love with Daemon Black?

“Want to throw another adverb in there?”

Well, yes. I’ll tell you something else: if your answer to my question is YES, then you absolutely and immediately need to read Oblivion.

If I remember correctly, it was during Christmas last year that I read – or more like devoured – the Lux series. This was during my pre-bibliotheque reader’s life, so I never put together a review for it. To be honest, I don’t t
ℏṳ❡ṧᾰɴᖱḉ✺✺к!ḙṧ
After been in a book funk that I literally dragged on reading Daemon's POV that I've finally finished.

There's nothing much to this but I loved every moment that Daemon became irresistible and lovable. You won't be disappointed.
High Lady Indy
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Geezzz I'm actually done with the series now I have completed all the books there is no more to go on:( But seeing from my favorite sassy alien Deamon Black one last time was totally awesome and I will like to thank my awesome Besti Acacia for providing me with the book I have been waiting forever and a day to get and now that I'm finished I wanna start all over again but I can't right now because I have many other books to read. I give this book a 5 star rating because this series is amazing an ...more
Allison
Nov 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome addition to the series! If you loved the Lux series, or even just liked it, definitely pick up this book. Even though it was the same book, it never got old or repetitive. Oblivion gives an interesting and new take on events, and adds extra Daemon/Katy scenes you don't see in the original. It makes me love Daemon even more, and lets you get to know the Thompson's and Matthew on a deeper level. Any Lux fan definitely needs to pick this up!

Just FYI, I bought this book both print
Isabella
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Like honestly if anyone is surprised I gave this book 5 stars when it's basically Obsidian but this time in my favorite's character POV, then you must not be aware of my insane obsession with the Lux series.

This book brought back home all of the feelings I felt when I first read Obsidian and nothing can compare to that; the exhilaration, the angst, the pain, the love, THE FEELINGS. Everything was how I hoped it would be and even more, I mean... c'mon! It's DAEMON BLACK, the holy trinity of bad
Faith
Dec 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5* It was so great to get to visit the characters again in Oblivion! I did take a little off the rating, though, because I felt like there wasn't really a flow to the book.
full review coming soon! :)

Note: I read in paperback so I didn't read the other two books... maybe later if I buy in e-book format
Nadine Hook Me Up Book Blog
LOVED IT! I cherished those 1000pages. I don't think I've ever missed a fictional character so much such as Jen's, Daemon. Enjoyed being in his head, rereading their (love)story.

Those characters, this series will always be one of my top favorite!!
Jen
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a lot of fun to read, especially since it's not a straight retelling of Obsidian. We get all our favorite scenes and then some. The best part was seeing first hand Daemon's growth as a character.

Fans of the Lux series will not be disappointed!
KindleCousins
WOW!!!! I can’t fangirl enough over Jennifer Armentrout. She is my favorite PNR writer. Her world building is phenomenal. Oblivion is a POV novel. I normally have a hard time with these novels. But of course I read it because there is no book boy that I love more than Daemon Black *sigh*. This book was written perfectly. Yes, we knew what was going to happen eventually, but Daemon’s POV was so fresh and different from Kat’s that I felt like I was reading a whole new series at times. It was an am ...more

• Sweet Temptation (Sweet, #4)
  • And for Your Information… (Butterfly, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Celestial Beginnings (Nephilim, #1)
  • No Mercy (Cambion, #2.5)
  • The Fall
  • Unhinged (Underworld, #1)
  • Wait For You & Trust in Me (Wait For You, #1-1.5)
  • Operative (Ganzfield, #5)
  • Desire (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #4)
  • Miranda Kenneally Bundle: Catching Jordan, Stealing Parker, Things I Can't Forget (Hundred Oaks, #1-3)
  • Forty Days (Neima's Ark, #1)
  • Killian (Avalon, #1)
  • Blood Prophecy (Drake Chronicles, #6)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Darkside Sun (Mortal Machine, #1)
  • Faceless (Denazen, #2.5)
  • Loving Angel (Divisa, #4)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Charles Town, West Virginia. All the rumors yo

Lux (5 books)
  • Obsidian (Lux, #1)
  • Onyx (Lux, #2)
  • Opal (Lux, #3)
  • Origin (Lux, #4)
  • Opposition (Lux, #5)
“I think you need to look in the mirror if you think that's gorgeous"
"Ha," Andrew said, grinning.
"We"re identical." Adam shook his head at his twin. "He's insulting both of us, you idiot”
29 likes
“I called up Andrew, Adam’s twin and the Thompson brother who matched me in temperament and personality. In other words, we were fucking balls of sunshine.” 21 likes