Start by marking “Arsen: A Broken Love Story” as Want to Read:
Arsen: A Broken Love Story

Arsen: A Broken Love Story

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  15,360 ratings  ·  2,782 reviews
One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story
Published August 23rd 2013 by Mia Asher, LLC

Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
462 books — 4,133 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenMe Before You by Jojo MoyesHopeless by Colleen HooverThe Book Thief by Markus ZusakHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Causes of Ugly Crying
1,317 books — 3,513 voters

More lists with this book...

·  15,360 ratings  ·  2,782 reviews

Start your review of Arsen: A Broken Love Story
Christy
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-audio
More than 5 Incredible & Intense stars!!!

“description"/

Arsen is full of angst, love, sex, passion, devastation, heartbreak. I am a little speechless right now. Trying to convey my feelings for this book is proving to be difficult. This was an amazing read. It was just brilliant. Cathy’s story is controversial. It is hard to read at times.. This one really threw me fclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Aestas Book Blog

For the first time in my blogging life, I have no idea how to rate a book so I am NOT marking a star rating. My feelings are just too all over the place. Let me try and explain why…

I'm not going to lie, when I first heard about it, I was 99.99% sure that I would hate this book. It basically seemed like the polar opposite of what I might love and truthfully, in a way, it was. It had all of my "no-no's" in it, the biggest one being cheating, which is almost always a deal breaker for me. But... it wa
JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust

** NO RATING AS I HAD NO BUSINESS READING THIS**

Yes, you read that correctly. You see, while everyone was doing the happy dance the day Arsen was published, I was quietly channeling my inner MC Hammer.

God why didn't I listen to my gut? I honestly had no intention of EVER reading Arsen: A Broken Love Story as the story has the top 3
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
description

Wow Amazing!!!!Mia managed to blew my mind!!!This book is so real!!She really makes me understand and accept Cathy's behaviour!!

This is Cathy's story..

descriptiondescription

She is marri
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILERS AHEAD -mature content reader discretion is advised.
5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance Erotica
FULL REVIEW POSTED ON 9-5-13

photo tumblr_m8vgs4e7Ux1qhqb9q_zps2c58e611.gif

photo tumblr_m948vcbCCy1qb9d17_zpsf902032a.gif

photo tumblr_mi697sUusb1qlvsbto2_500_zpse7c510fe.gif

SPOILERS AHEAD -mature content reader discretion is advised.
5 STARS out of 5

photo tumblr_mevn1acZPF1qj73e2o1_500_zpse143c61e.gif

photo heartbreak001_zpsde67c8c4.gif

SOUL CHURNING
BONE CRUSHING
MIA ASHER WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME???????????

photo 6fd05fdd-6518-4636-8d7e-60a1fea5d4ca_zpsb54e0112.jpg

(9-5-13) Review Completed

EVERYTHING HURTS AND I REGRET NOTHING.

Well you see what this book did to me in the top half of this review… Now here are my thoughts.

‘I can feel myself withdrawing from him. From his love. From my marriage. And there’s nothing I can do to stop it. Nothing.’ -Cathy

THIS. BOOK. DESTROYED. ME. I swore my chest cavity was ripped open and pulled from out of it's depths was my bloody heart. If you read the blurb or the book for that matter then you are very much aware that this book involves cheating. With that being said you should be prepared for love, lost and heartache.

In Arsen we meet Cathy and Ben they've been married for 6yrs and together as a couple for 10. Recently their marriage has hit a rough patch as Cathy struggles to cope with(view spoiler) that are both tragically and emotionally chipping away at her sanity.

When asked by her boss to meet with a new client Cathy is introduced to..you guessed it. Arsen. And thus is the beginning of her down fall in to adultery.
Ok folks so here is the deal I spent the mass majority of this book hating Arsen. As a matter of fact I was so
SWOON-TASTIC over Ben that by the time Arsen’s character was introduced I was like “Arsen who?”
Ben is the kind of man you write fairy tales about. Arsen? Not only was he cocky and spoiled but he was very manipulative. It turned my stomach. As a matter of fact every time he entered a scene this is how I saw him

photo tumblr_msidykCCCw1sg0a6co1_500_zps3716e019.gif

*Sighs* Dramatic I know but it is what it is. *Shrugs* Where Arsen was a boy, Ben was all man.

I literally saw Arsen as the villain. And here is a taste of why

“Please, Arsen. Don’t do this. I’m married,” I beg with all my heart.
“What if I told you that I don’t care that you’re married? I don’t mind sharing. What if I told you that I’ll settle for fucking you once? Just once where I’ll make you come so hard on my cock that you’ll forget that you’re married and beg me for more? And if you’re a good girl, Dimples, you may get it again before I let you go back to your husband, sore between your legs because I fucked you so good.”

JUST EVIL.

‘I saw her, I wanted her, so I took her, even if in the process I destroyed a good marriage.' (His actual words not mine)

Arsen claimed to be Cathy’s friend but the whole time he just wanted in her pants. He wanted what he couldn’t have from a woman that was off limits to him. Now call me crazy but that’s just WRONG. In turn I did not find this affair to be sexy instead I saw it as two lust filled broken people addicted and driven by a good f%ck.

I found Cathy to be her own worst enemy.

“..Besides, it’s my fault if Ben doesn’t know what’s going on with me. I don’t tell him anything. I’ve learned to hide it.” –Cathy

She knew that her inability to(view spoiler) was slowly eating away at her sanity. SHE. KNEW. And it’s crazy because I not once hated Cathy. Yes, she made me MAD as all hell. But I did not hate her. I empathized with her and I pitied her, I never hated her. When things became too much she hit rock bottom and sex with a man that was not her husband became an escape. I truly felt sorry for her..

‘I loved the attention he paid to me and the way he made me feel. Alive. Happy. He made me forget. Ignorance is bliss, right? Well, knowledge is misery. And the truth hurts.’ -Cathy

NO Cathy THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU F R E E. Ugh, WTF.

She fooled herself, and I pity the fool. All the things she thought she had with Arsen could have easily been with her husband but lust clouded her judgment and made her stupid. You know what they say, stupid is as stupid does.

I CANNOT get these characters out of my head, my heart my soul they are imbedded there.I found this book to be UNPUTDOWNABLE and not for the faint of heart. I cried. A LOT. I thought the writing was excellent; Asher had these pivotal scenes that leave you breathless. There is this one scene when (view spoiler) I wept and wept.

Well, those are my thoughts.

My Ratings
Characters- Loved! Despised Arsen.
Writing Style- Excellent
Plot/Storyline- Love and Lost
Steam Factor- HIGH/VERY STEAMY
Overall- I loved it!

Now go forth and read. Then come tell us about it on Goodreads!

For more reviews got to http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
8-28-13 Ok, this is up next for me, I feel like everyone is telling me to just..

photo tumblr_mri0oyFnqm1rvt5ato1_500_zps2d25da8a.gif
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This Review was posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!

"A gut wrenching, heart breaking, painful story of love, betrayal and forgiveness. Pulse pounding, anger inducing and emotionally draining. Simply magnificent. One of my favorite reads this year." - Angie's Dreamy Reads

“Love can destroy you.
Love can make you whole again." - Arsen by Mia Asher

This book is a DOOZY to review. Damn….I don’t/>
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
** Second time reading **
Buddy read with Liz. I knew what was coming... and still I sobbed at the key moment.... the place that hurt my heart the most when I first read. The angst in this story is as sublime as the first day I read it. LOVED. MY. RE-READ. <3

************

#6Stars for this incredible, powerful, gut wrenching story....

“If only I had known that it takes more than love to make a marriage work, then maybeclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
************
#6Stars**
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Love can destroy you.
And, if you are lucky enough,
Love can make you whole again..."

The End. I'm finished. I'm ruined. I'm crying.crying.crying so bad. I'm a fucking mess right now. God, that woman knows how to crush my heart. :( I'm broken and I'm so sorry for Cathy, for Ben and even for Arsen too... Before I start to read this book, I didn't think it is going to wreck me just like this but God, I'm out of words in here...

This was one of the most beautiful and also the most br
Mo
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it

Maybe 3.5 stars.

This one is difficult to review. First half of the book I was just thinking “C’mon, something happen!” Life isn’t perfect. It might seem perfect to people looking in – Cathy has a great job, perfect husband, gorgeous house, good friends…. BUT .. yes we know what her “buts” are and it is heartbreaking. Marriage is hard work – been doing it myself for 21 years. Luckily, I never went through what THEY went through. But it should be a

I am married to a “nice” man – should I do something about
Candace
Mar 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a highly emotional read.
Oh, What A Web We Weave...

I procrastinated a lot while I was reading this book, trying to postpone the inevitable tear-fest that I knew was coming. I may have delayed it by a day or two, but eventually, I had to just give in, find out what happened, and grab the Kleenex. Then, I cried...A LOT.

Cathy is unhappily married to a wonderful husband, who worships the ground she walks on. She loves her husband, Ben, immensely, but the devastation of multiple miscarriages has left her a chang
Pearl Angeli
I've fallen in love with another man. But can you love two men at the same time? Because I think I do.

I AM A COMPLETE MESS RIGHT NOW. My emotions have never been so conflicted. What did this book do to me?

description

This is the kind of book that I should not have loved, yet I ended up thoroughly appreciating it just because... the ending!

I have to give the author Mia Asher a lot of credit for giving me all kinds
Alessandra Torre
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book took me through a rollercoaster of emotions. I didn't enjoy it the entire time, but I felt the entire time, and for that reason, I give it 5 stars. I would def recommend it - especially for readers that like cheating, love triangles, and angst.

Note: I didn't develop an attachment for Arsen, and never really cared for the female lead, but despite those major stumbling blocks, I still really enjoyed the book.
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

LOVE HAS THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU.

Reviewing this book isn’t easy. Talking about Cathy, Ben & Arsen without spoiling this roller coaster isn’t easy so I’ll just let you know the premise of the book and then I’ll bore you with my thoughts.
The premise is easy. Ben & Cathy fell in love more than ten years ago. Their first encounter put a silly grin on my face every time I think about it.

He is the everything to my nothing

After all those years together their relationship is not the same.

No one has all the answ
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Thank God that's over! I finished it!
 photo 34p0sj9jpg_zps87d186ba.gif

***Review edited after long deliberation and my inability to get this story out of my head. Any book that knocks my world off its axis deserves a five-star rating versus my initial no-rating. Nothing has changed but my revelation that this author deserves my five stars......

Now for my review.....

Sweet Jesus, gimme some Prozac, wine, anything to calm my ne
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
To be fair I am rating this book as I do all of my DNF books.

DNF at 46%. Let it be known that I DNF'd this book PRIOR to any cheating taking place. I knew going in to the book that it had cheating--which I hate--and decided to give it a shot based on all of the high ratings. However, the cheating was not my biggest issue.

Unfortunately the heroine Cathy was my biggest issue. She was one of the worst book heroines to date. I didn't like the Cathy in the past or present chapters. She was an
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
If I'm being completely honest, I didn't love this book. I'm not even sure I liked it. But to explain myself, I have to include major spoilers, so read on at your own discretion...

Before everyone starts throwing things, let me be clear. I love love love a good love triangle. I love a bad boy. I love cursing and bad language and dirty sex. I love an angst-ridden emotional roller coaster. I love darkness and pain. I love my heart to break. So before you think I read a book outside of my genre of
Peek At My Book Review
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Rating : 4 ‘Falling in love with the wrong person is easy’ Stars

description

WARNING: Long Review Ahead!!!

My Views : I was not going to rate this book because it tore my heart and crushed the pieces..., then after thinking about the story the whole night I actually changed my mind about the rating and Cathy…However this review is mostly my rant concerning this book and notpieces,class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Patrycja
Jun 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s, reviewed, 2013

**ARC provided by an author in exchange for honest review**

‘How can something so wrong feel this right? Like it was meant to be?’

Do you know the temptation of forbidden fruit? The taste of it? It’s hypnotizing, thrilling, captivating, you start to feel like deer in the lights, the need is so deep it runs through your veins, limbs, heart, you can’t breathe, and then suddenly it is just you and vivid imagination, what if.

Why I’m asking this? Because of two things. Firstly, well, my forbidden fruit, ireview**
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 “You Are Mine” Stars!
*Recommended by Berry Nice*

-Sometimes not being in control, not being able to think, just losing yourself in the moment, is the greatest feeling in the world.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cathy meets Ben Stanwood when she’s 18 at college. He’s her soulmate & the love of her life. They have been together 11 yrs., and married for 6 when they hit a rough patch they can’t seem to recover from. Lately Cathy feels broken inside, and like she can’t breathe. There’s an emot
Anna
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing

What a ride!
A rollercoaster of emotions

** ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review **

Arsen, Arsen, Arsen...
After the first few pages it got me hooked, line and sinker and all.
That was when I knew I was in for the ride. Where do I get from here? Well, first of all this is one of these amazingly broken stories as I use to call them, that you just don't go from to the next one right away but it occupies your thoughts for a wclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cry-baby-books
4 1/2 Stars

description

First thing first, YES this book contains cheating. Now that that’s out of the way, Mia Asher can write! Will all readers relate to the main character, Cathy? No, not all will. I however related to Cathy and was sucked into this LOVE TRIANGLE.

The story contains, Cathy’s pov, Ben’s pov, past chapters which bring readers back to the beginning of Cathy and Ben’s relationship and Arsen’s pov . I found that the first 50% of the story was on the SLOW side but the last half of the book more than made up forthe
Mia Asher
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
*******HEY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE*******

ARSEN IS ON SALE FOR TODAY ONLY!!! If you haven't gotten your copy, now it's the time!
Thank you sooo much for your support! 99CENTS!!!

links:
amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Arsen-A-broken-...
BN: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/arsen...
kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/eboo...

**************

I might be a bit biased since I wrote it... LOL <3

Arsen is a story about a broken woman who makes mistakes in her life. She doesn't listen to the voice of reason when she *should* and the conseque
Sara
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a powerful story.I know many don't like this for the cheating that takes place, and many feel hatred for Cathy. I was definitely angry with her actions, but I also felt bad for her.Yep, I said it. There will be no pictures, no gifs in this review. It's just me. Spoiler free, so I hope you read this whole thing.

Cathy- Did she cheat? Yes. Did she do some despicable things? Absolutely. But this book was more than her cheating. If you take a good hard look, its a situation that many women face
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
5+++ Stars!

Wow, just wow. It's almost 2am and I've just finished this story. I'm feeling so emotional from this book! I literally feel a physical pain in my chest. It's such a heavy, gut wrenching, gripping story. I didn't know if my heart could see this one through to the end, but I couldn't stop reading this if my life depended on it. This is my first Mia Asher and I don't know why it took me so long to read this. I feel like I need to sort my head out a bit after reading this. So many feels.....
Heather
WARNING!! I AM GOING TO GET A LITTLE PERSONAL!!!
p.s. I don't think there are spoilers but just in case...

This is a wonderful story. You will feel so many emotions and you should be able to understand... Cathy and Ben have a perfect marriage. Both have amazing careers, a beautiful home, they're healthy and in love and have great family and friends. Unfortunately, they cannot have a baby. Cathy gets pregnant but loses the baby each time. It becomes devastating to their marriage...

"I love him.
I’ve fallen in love with another man. Butmarriage...
"I
Lise *friends don't flag*
***5 stars with Dimples***

description
Josh Holloway has nothing to do with this book, I just like his dimples

Okay... so what did I think about this book-
I loved/hated/steamed/stewed/wept/tingled with excitement and was shocked by this story. I am still feeling this one, so I know it will be one I remember and talk about for some time.

While reading this book, which was an addictive type read (up all night) I just knewclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Josh
Bibi
Aug 22, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dark, love-triangle
Not sure how to rate this book because I actually read Arsen back to back with 53 Letters for my Lover and had I not read the latter, I most certainly would have given this book a higher rating.

Notwithstanding, it was superbly written, and I dare say you will either love or hate it but I guarantee you won't be indifferent.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
My Thoughts:

♡ I liked the book, I didn't like the book, I couldn't put down the book and I'm conflicted about the book but....

Frick!! it was intense!

description

♡ I liked Cathy, I didn't like Cathy, I had compassion for Cathy and then I respected Cathy.

♡ I LOVED Ben, then I was disappointed with Ben and then I almost couldn't stand him but then I fell in love with him all over again!

♡ I couldn't stand Arsen, I really couldn't stand Arsen and basically I just really didn't like Arsen but he did redeem himself there a bit in the end. And surp
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I don't know how to rate this. I'm torn between I loved it and I hated it.

What I loved? This makes you THINK. Makes you try to justify what's going on, makes you want to put yourself in Cathy's and Ben's and Arsen's shoes. Try to understand why Cathy does what she does.

What I hated? Well, Cathy. Yes, I hated her. She annoyed me, and she made me want to strangle her at times. Her actions were childish, her mind and thoughts were immature and she had some serious depression/compulsion
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
"Falling in love with the wrong person is easy. Falling in love with the right person is easier. But falling in love with your soul mate is easiest."

A BROKEN LOVE STORY THAT I DEVOURED, THAT I LOVED AND THAT WILL STAY WITH ME FOR YEARS TO COME

photo arsen3_zps0241780b.jpg

I'm going to be frank here, 'this story is a broken love story, an affair and has cheating in it' But please don't let that put you off
Ending 47 840 Jun 08, 2018 10:37PM
Books like Arsen:A Broken Love Story 12 267 Jun 21, 2016 05:36AM
Have you read Arsen, should this book be a series ? 1 59 Jul 28, 2014 01:01AM
what can you say about this book? LOVE it or HATE it? 15 245 Jun 30, 2014 10:27PM
Books like Arsen:A Broken Love Story 7 130 Jun 12, 2014 02:30PM

• Sex Love Repeat
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • When It Rains (Rains, #1)
  • True Love Story
  • Dirty Red (Love Me with Lies, #2)
  • Black Lies
  • Todas las malditas decisiones: Everlasting Wound I
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)
  • Against All Odds (Against, #1)
  • My Time in the Affair
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Come Undone (The Cityscape, #1)
  • Veiled Innocence
  • The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1)
  • The Unrequited
  • Frayed Silk
  • Ramsay
My name is Mia Asher.
I'm a writer, a hopeless romantic, a wanderer, a dreamer, a cynic, and a believer. And, oh yes…I might be a bit crazy - but who isn't?
“Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven from misery, to make living fucking worthwhile.” 295 likes
“Love can destroy you.
And, if you are lucky enough,
Love can make you whole again.

That's what Cathy has done to me.”
199 likes