Reading Until Infinity discussion

Archive > Rating of 3 and below

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) This is a thread for those books that you tried out and you just couldn't wait for it to end.

message 2: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Piercing by Ryū Murakami I honestly cant believe I finished this book. It was really gross and I can never look at my ankles the same.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin I got to 33% and I had no idea what was going on so I stopped

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess I read this for a book club and it was just disturbing. I didnt find it entertaining and I put the book down with 80% left. None of the words made sense and I kept having to look at a cheat sheet every sentence.

The Hunger But Mainly Death Games A Parody by Bratniss Everclean I read this because I thought the hunger games was amazing and I thought this would be funny. It wasnt. It was sort of annoying and a little gross. I found a couple things funny but it was lame.

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen I had to read this book for school, and then we watched the movie. The movie wasnt bad. Mostly because the things I hated about the book were left out in the movie.

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz MAN I was so excited to read this series. I honestly felt like the author was getting sponsors. Every single line had some sort of brand name and it got really annoying. It was all real high end fashion so I had no idea about most of the brands. And the story line was so predictable. I will not continue this series.

message 3: by Caru (new)

Caru Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie this book was just plain boring.I'm surprised I actually finished it.

Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) by Tahereh Mafi Boring. Nothing really happened.I hate happy endings and this book had one.The characters were annoying especially Juliette. (view spoiler)

message 4: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) @carina soo funnny because I liked both of those book! With matched I can totally get it because I got really bored too. The second is even worse, but I loved the last one. As with ignite me I was in love (view spoiler)

message 5: by Caru (new)

Caru All the characters made me mad in Ignite Me, I can't believe I even finished it

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins - If Miss Collins wrote Catching Fire on uppers, she wrote Mockingjay on the strongest of downers. I mean, it felt like all the life was sucked out of her writing.

The Bone Season (The Bone Season, #1) by Samantha Shannon - Don't fool yourself. This is not the next HP or THG. Hype is a dangerous thing.

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black - It baffled my why this book ended up in so many Best of 2013 lists because it's just... not.

Life After Life by Kate Atkinson - I kind of regret this. So much wasted time.

message 7: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley - Unrealistic. Ridiculous. Bshit.

message 8: by Annie (last edited Mar 16, 2014 08:22AM) (new)

Annie (iliveandbreathewords) (iliveandbreathewords) Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker - I found the main characters very self-righteous and the book in general very predictable. (view spoiler)

The Kill Order (Maze Runner, #0.5) by James Dashner -I'm still going to read the Maze Runner series because I already have the books and I've heard they're way better than this one. But I didn't enjoy this book. All action and no character development makes a book dull for me.

The Iron Daughter (The Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa -I really liked the first book in this series but this one just....ruined it for me. The main character did a complete 180 and became really annoying in this book. I couldn't even finish it.

Great Expectations by Charles Dickens -I know, it's a classic. And I'm not saying it's objectively a bad book. The writing style is cool. But I found the characters and story boring and slightly unrealistic.

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han -I know a lot of people love this book but I just....didn't. The main character...I don't know how I felt about her, to be honest. Sometimes I loved her and sometimes I hated her. And don't even get me started on Connor--I mean Conrad (I hate him so much, I forgot his name. :P). I love Jeremiah and his mother,though.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - *raises hands in surrender* I know, I know. I just....didn't like this book. I found the main character hard to relate to and the story just wasn't that exciting to me.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon -see perks of being a wallflower

Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano -I tried to read this book several times and I could never get into it. I'm pretty sure I never got past the first few chapters before I stopped reading. I'm not sure why I didn't like it, really. I just didn't.

Alphas (Alphas, #1) by Lisi Harrison -It's been forever since I read this book but I just remember not liking it.

Fearless (Fearless, #1) by Francine Pascal -I tried to read this book and ended up not being able to finish it. I just found the main character really hard to connect to and I just couldn't keep reading because of that.

A Wizard Abroad (Young Wizards, #4) by Diane Duane I read this series when I was younger and I remember liking the early books in the series but from this one on (well, something like that anyway. I'm just guessing, really) the books became to science-y for me and not enough fantasy.

Inkdeath (Inkworld, #3) by Cornelia Funke -I love, love, love the rest of this series. But this book....I don't know. I just didn't like it. I never even finished it. It's been a long time since I read it so I can't remember why I didn't like it...but I didn't.

message 9: by samantha (new)

samantha (samanthalonder) The one book that comes to mind that I didn't like but everyone else did was Hush, Hush. (I think his name was Patch??) He seemed abusive and dominating to me, not charming like most people thought. I don't know if the rest of the series gets better but I really wasn't a fan.

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 10: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) @samantha I can actually see where you are coming from. Patch wasn't very romantic and a little too forceful for me as well but I liked it enough that I finished the series

message 11: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (clockworkhannah) | 10 comments Allegiant. Just ugh.

message 12: by Gina's (new)

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan (jords) | 34 comments The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
Mockingjay
Endure (Love the whole need series but the last book ruined it all for me)

message 14: by samantha (new)

samantha (samanthalonder) Gina wrote: "Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo CoelhoThe Shack Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by Wm. Paul Young"

i agree with you about the shack! everyone said it was so incredible and i didn't understand the appeal

message 15: by Ivka (new)

Ivka Šrameková The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I think this book is extremely stupid.

Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
What, are we going to cry that Tris died? No... she was getting more and more stupid and too self-confident by every page.

message 16: by Gina's (new)

Gina's (ginasgoodreads) Samantha wrote: "Gina wrote: "Vanish (Firelight, #2) by Sophie Jordan
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo CoelhoThe Shack Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity by Wm. Paul Young"

i agree with you about the shack! everyone said it ..."

Yeah that was the feedback I received too. But I felt that the book was taking too long and descriptions more than the pure action of the book.

message 17: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) Ivuška wrote: "The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
I think this book is extremely stupid.

Allegiant (Divergent, #3) by Veronica Roth
What, are we going to cry that Tris died? No... she was getting more and more stupid a..."

I agree but tag your spoilers please!!!!

message 18: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tanie_kitty) Beltane by Erin O'Riordan

I won this through the First Reads program on here and it was just bad. Everything was predictable and the "brand new first chapter" was just lame and kind of gross.