Start by marking “Vanish (Firelight, #2)” as Want to Read:

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  29,273 ratings  ·  2,108 reviews
An impossible romance.
Bitter rivalries.
Deadly choices.

To save the life of the boy she loves, Jacinda did the unthinkable: She betrayed the most closely-guarded secret of her kind. Now she must return to the protection of her pride knowing she might never see Will again—and worse, that because his mind has been shaded, Will’s memories of that fateful night and why she had t
Published September 6th 2011 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Vanish, please sign up.
Melisa V Esta pagina no es para leer libros, solo para guardar registro e calificar los que ya as leido/quieres leer.
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickPassion by Lauren Kate
YA Novels of 2011
1,157 books — 7,140 voters
The Host by Stephenie MeyerShatter Me by Tahereh MafiFirelight by Sophie JordanNightshade by Andrea CremerDeadly Cool by Gemma Halliday
best "eye" on the cover
756 books — 1,887 voters

More lists with this book...

·  29,273 ratings  ·  2,108 reviews

Alexa
The love-triangle RUINED it for me. I don't even care who Jacinda ends up with at this point. I really don't. I liked Will in Firelight, but I didn't care for him in this book (honestly, didn't even give him a second thought, which might be because he was barely in it). I was neutral towards Cassian in Firelight, and I ended up disliking him in this book.

I just don't understand why everyone is in love with Jacinda. It was worse because she kept going back and forth with this: 'I want Will. No, I
Sophie Jordan
Mar 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Um, yes ... I wrote ... I love ... ;)
Lea
CAUTION: RANTING AHEAD. (Not the whole thing, but I had a lot to get off my chest lol)

First I need to say just how much I love the covers for these books so far-- I really liked Firelight's, but I think I like Vanish's even more-- and when you put the two side-by-side, it's just like, **wow.** Love them! So now we know what Jacinda and Tamra look like, I wonder who we will be seeing on the third cover?!

Alright, so now onto the actual story.

The number one reason that I enjoyed Vanish so much mor
Crowinator
**Spoiler alert: After the first two paragraphs of my review, there are a few spoilers, so please don't continue reading if you want to avoid them.**

Whenever I think of Jacinda in this book, I think of myself as a teenager, lying on my bed in the dark (in the afternoon, no less), repeatedly listening to The Cure and Pearl Jam, writing depressing songs lyrics and poems on my Converse in marker; writing stories in which I am hit by a car and everyone feels so sorry they weren’t nicer to me before
Anniebananie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hat mir schon um einiges besser gefallen als der erste Band.
Man steigt hier nahtlos in die Geschehnisse aus Band eins ein und das Buch hat einfach mehr Tempo und Action als das vorherige Buch.
Auch die Konflikte die behandelt wurden fand ich gut gewählt und ausgearbeitet von der Autorin. Der Schreibstil lies sich wieder sehr schnell und flüssig lesen.
Klar sind mir ein paar Charaktere auch wieder auf den Senkel gegangen aber alles in allem konnte ich immerhin die Motivation verstehen, die hinter j
tonya.
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011, arcs, fantasy, ya, meh
I wanted so much more from this follow up to Firelight, which was a lush and refreshing take on YA fantasy. Unfortunately, Vanish suffers from what I hope is merely Second Book Slump and not an indication of the way the third book will go.

Vanish picks up immediately where Firelight left off--as though Jordan wrote them as one big book and split them in half--with Cassian taking Jacinda, Tamra and their mother back to the pride. What follows is three hundred pages of prettily written teenage ang
April
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!!!! IM SOOO HAPPY THT I FOUND THIS BOOK!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOOOOOOO MAD AT THE ENDING OF THE FIRST BOOK I ALMOST CRIED AT THE ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOO HAPPT =)
Macarena Yannelli
En esta segunda entrega las cosas se le complican aún más a Jacinda con lo que le ocurrió a Tami en el libro anterior y su situación con el clan, tener la vida que ella quiere se le va a complicar mucho más. Una buena continuación, profundiza más en las "políticas" de la comunidad draki y pone a Jacinda en un lugar donde no quiere estar.
Reseña completa en Gracias a los Libros.
Sandy
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Firelight and those who like their paranormal romance heavy on the romance
Sophie Jordan knows how to write one steamy kiss.

I admit: as soon as I opened Vanish, I skipped ahead to read a highly anticipated reunion scene. (I mean, I have been looking forward to this moment for almost 365 days...at least, that's how I justified it.) Once I was satiated, I decided to behave myself and read the book in order from page 1...and I kept burning through the pages until I'd read Vanish in one sitting. Sophie Jordan's writing flows like a seasoned pro's. It's easy to lose yoursel
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]

I was really excited for this book because Firelight leaves us in such promising ending. But again nothing worthy happens. There’s the Tamar’s thing and Jacinda back and forth feelings that really annoys me and ... that’s all! I kept waiting for something to develop, and about halfway through the book, the story got really promising. Again! Talks about the consistency of the author.
Great start.
and then boring.
more boring.
until the last page gets exciting again.
then bam! Cliffhanger!

there are too
Kara
Jan 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Holy crap. That cover is EPIC.

Freaking loved it! And Cassian, of course. ;) Can't wait for the next book!
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
*spoiler FREE*

Dear Vanish, let me count all the things I love about you.... This is a fantastic sequel! I really liked what Sophie did with the story line and the direction it goes. Not only did she introduce more of her Draki world, she included a few great kissy scenes, added a lot more action (no I don't mean that kind), and she ends Vanish with the perfect set up for the next book. I literally could not put this book down once I started it.

I loved how much more in-depth the characters are i
Odette Knappers
Oct 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I Liked the first book of this series because I like the dragon idea of this series, but this book has a severe case of second book syndrome. Nothing happens, just a lot of blabla.

And when something happens, it does not live up to my expectations of the storyline, which are based on the first book. There are some unexpected things in it, (view spoiler), but that did not made the book enjoyable enough.

The ending is a real cliffhanger but it is so
Colleen Houck
Vanish is just as awesome as Firelight! First I think the cover is beautiful. I was hoping to learn more about the Draki and I wasn't disappointed. I love that the story is so layered that I keep uncovering new things about this world as I read on. My favorite part was when we were able to see a draki manifest for the first time. Won't give anything away but its a really cool thing. There are some twists in here too that I didn't see coming. Absolutely can't wait until the next book!
Damaris (GoodChoiceReading)
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am so in love! I never thought I can love a series so much as I do this one. Sophie Jordan has an amazing imagination! Just like with Firelight, I read Vanish in FOUR HOURS! It's so fast paced and an easy read, that I quickly got lost inside. I loved every minute of it! I want to share so much about Vanish, but I feel I would ruin it for those who have not read Firelight, the first in the series. I will try my best not to ruin it for anyone.

Vanish begins right where Firelight left off. They fi
~Tina~
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it

Hey now, I actually liked this one!

I was a bit nervous getting back into the draki world, the first book Firelight was enjoyable, but there were a few things that annoyed me so I wasn't to keen jumping into it's sequel right away. Funny enough, I actually enjoyed Vanish more.

I was so happy that we've passed the high school setting. Not that I minded it, but I read a ton of books within that world, and I'm more interested in seeing the Dragon world. I was hoping for more lush detail, but
Annie Brewer
****SPOILERS AHEAD****

4.5 I-love-Will stars

Finished in 12 hours.

WOW!! This was...frustrating...nail-bitingly nervewracking....intense...heartbreakingly beautiful. It was a perfect continuation of Jacinda's fight for freedom. From the pride where her life is laid before her. Where she's hunted upon the Draki hunters who killed her dad and those of her kind.

Since returning to the Pride, her home where she's able to be her glorious dragon-self, her heart is still broken, yearning for Will. The hunt
Katy
Dec 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really want to support a local author, but unfortunately, I just couldn't honestly say that I liked this book.

This book is SO heavily emotionally bogged down. The first eight chapters of the book was about her whining and wallowing in self pity. (view spoiler) On and on. It was just too much.

There were times I was just dying to
Jess
Apr 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"It's a feathery kiss, lips brushing, grazing, tasting, almost as if we were afraid of startling each other. And we are."

Could.Not.Put.It.Down! I was soooo excited when NetGalley approved me to review Vanish. I loved Firelight, and I was hoping that Vanish wouldn't disappoint; because I know how some sequels can be a let down if the first was incredible. But lucky for me, Vanish was brilliant. Actually better than Firelight. Yeah, I know.

Sophie Jordan, has an incredible imagination, and her wor
Mikaela
This book better amaze! After the shockingly bad ending of the previous one, I'm about ready to give up with this series. The plot, characters and premise of the story I all found AMAZING. The excecution? Not so much. Let's hope this book redeems the ending of the last, or I'm going to go crazy...
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
I was loving both Will and Cassian but actually I think I like Cassian better but it has been obvious from the start she will be with Will. They should have dragged Miriam from that van kicking and screaming. I can't believe she just stayed.
Krystle
Dec 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
When you get to the second book in a series there is a sharp drop off in quality, which is why it’s a commonly held belief that the second book is usually the worst. Now, excuse me for a moment.

FREAKING DAMMIT, THIS BOOK PISSED ME THE HELL OFF!

Jacinda, I want to throw you off a cliff, then toss you into the Arctic, and, finally, bury you underneath a glacier! Her dithering of feelings for Will and Cassian drove me crazy. She’s all, “I can’t live without Will. I have to forget him but oh I can’t!
Leahxx
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
I like Cassian more than Will because he's just a little bit more original. I'm sick of every character being petty and self centered. I'm sick of blame being placed on the wrong people. And I'm sick of predictability.
It wasn't a bad book. It was just very meh. There were certain parts that were exciting, but there were also a lot of slower parts
Serap S.D.
Jan 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Seviye ortaokula düştü, gerçekten yazar saçmalamaya doyamadı, yok artık ,dedirtti...neyin kafasını yaşıyorum bilmem bu saçma sapan akillara zarar kitabı zevkle okudum...
Willinda
Jakou dobu jsem se tady rozhodovala mezi čtyřmi a pěti hvězdičkami a neustále jsem se přikláněla spíš k těm čtyř... ale sakra, vždyť jsem při čtení vytvořila určitě nový rekord v zadržení dechu! takže tak :D
-----

Jacinda si toho v uplynulých měsících prožila dost. Svou vlastní matkou byla proti své vůli odvlečena z milovaného kmene drakiů do lidské společnosti, aby se tam zbavila své drakijské podstaty, jak po ní chtěla matka. Nic ale neprobíhalo podle matčin představ a Jacinda se tam zamilovala
Kari
Oct 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Short Version:
Kicking up the overall emotional intensity, Vanish picks up quickly after the close of Firelight and doesn’t bother recapping previous events. With the same strong writing and bold storytelling, but building both the world and characters in surprising ways, this one raises the bar from the first book while still playing on the great elements of Firelight. Tying things up with a great plot and stunning writing, Vanish will lure the reader in and not let go.

The Extended Version:
J
Karou Rincon
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Realmente me gusta la forma en la que escribe esta mujer, Sophie Jordan me tiene loca con esta manera tan sencilla y bella de escribir.
Me encantan los personajes, Cassian me gustó mucho más en este libro siento que le falta un poco de profundidad, pero me encanta en este libro lo entiendo mucho mejor su deseo por proteger al clan.
Tamran bueno desde el primer libro desee golpearla y las primeras 200 páginas de este libro también, aunque la forma en que Jacinda nos describe a su hermana y como la
Andrea
Aug 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
es un 3.5
¿Soy la única que piensa que Casian no es tan mala opción? Yo lo aprecio.
❀ Sabina
Hoe bedoel je? Cliffhanger tot de max! ლ(゚Д゚ლ)

Adrian08
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4'5/5✴
Vanish es una segunda parte de trilogía que se lee SÚPER RÁPIDO!
Después de leer Firelight, que me gustó pero me faltó algo para que llegara a entusiarmarme, puedo decir que ha mejorado muchísimo la lectura en esta segunda entrega. Me ha gustado mucho que el libro empiece justo donde acaba el primero, ya que no te hace falta situarte en otro lugar o tiempo, ni nada por el estilo. También, tengo que destacar un PLOT TWIST que hay en la página 10 (literal que cuando lo he leído no me lo creía
TeenReadClub: Februari: Achter de nevel - Sophie Jordan 1 6 Feb 03, 2015 08:30AM
Cassian or Will 79 295 Jun 21, 2014 04:16PM
BYU-Adolescent Li...: Vanished By Sophie Jordan 1 4 May 30, 2014 08:05AM
Firelight: Forest 749 13 Feb 22, 2014 08:56PM
Cassian Anyone??? 6 42 Nov 18, 2013 07:31PM
Taylor Swift Cover ?? 4 41 Nov 18, 2013 06:55PM
Firelight: Vanish (book 2) 1 5 Aug 01, 2013 11:21AM

• Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Winging It (The Dragon Diaries, #2)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
  • The Vision (The Mark, #2)
  • Shift (Shade, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves, #2)
  • My Soul to Steal (Soul Screamers, #4)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • After Obsession
  • Magic of the Moonlight (Full Moon, #2)
  • Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
Pseudonym:
Sharie Kohler

Sophie Jordan took her adolescent daydreaming one step further and penned her first historical romance in the back of her high school Spanish class. This passion led her to pursue a degree in English and History.

A brief stint in law school taught her that case law was not nearly as interesting as literature - teaching English seemed the natural recourse. After several years

Firelight (3 books)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Hidden (Firelight, #3)
“Holding a hand over my eyes, I look up at him. "Thanks, I'm glad were...friends." I say the word friends deliberately, letting the emphasis get my point across. His mouth curves with a slow smile. "I've never wanted to be your friend, Jacinda." My heart stutters in my chest. Standing in the pouring rain, I watch him walk away.” 48 likes
“Sudden conviction races through me, almost terrifying in its total certainty. I can't give him up. He's the other part of me. He gets what it feels like to be separate from everything and everyone, to reject the path others lay out for you. We're the same. Two sides to the same coin.” 31 likes