Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

HEA in Literature > Ultimate Lovers

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melancholy (new)

Melancholy  (winterregencylover) Who's your favorite, most romantic couple(s)?

Please don't forget to list the book title :-)

message 2: by Lemon (last edited Nov 28, 2013 01:53AM) (new)

Lemon | 59 comments Here are some of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. Jamie Fraser and Claire - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Well, mostly Jamie, really. Jamie is in a category of his own and the things that man says will make you melt.

2. Derek Craven and Sara Fielding - Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas. I love pretty much all of Lisa Kleypas' heroes, but I think Derek has to be my favorite.

3. Jordan Townsende and Alexandra Lawrence - Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught. Jordan was a total knuckle head, but he comes around in the end.

4. Amanda Briars and Jack Devlin - Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas.

5. Sophia Sydney and Sir Ross Canon - Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas.

6. Alec Kinkaid and Jamie - The Bride by Julie Garwood. If you have never read Julie Garwood, you absolutely have to give it a try. I pretty much love all Julie Garwood's historicals.

7. Ian Maitland and Judith Hampton - The Secret by Julie Garwood.

8. Christina Bennett and Lyon - The Lion's Lady by Julie Garwood.

9. Minerva Highwood and Colin Sandhurst - A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare.

10. James MacLeod and Elizabeth Smith - A Dance Through Time (MacLeod, #1) by Lynn Kurland (note this is not a steamy romance).

11. Sophie Beckett and Benedict Bridgerton - An Offer From a Gentleman by Julia Quinn.

12. Prudence Merridew and Gideon, Lord Carradice - The Perfect Rake by Anne Gracie.

13. Nicholaa and Royce - The Prize by Julie Garwood.

14. Drustan MacKeltar and Gwen Cassidy - Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning.

15. Elizabeth Cameron and Ian Thornton - Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught. (Well, mostly I like Ian.)

message 3: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 29 comments The first two are in order and the rest are random. In my opinion they are all romantic in very different ways :)

1. Cat and Bones- Halfway to the Grave by Jeanine Frost

2. Qhuinn and Blay- Lover At Last by JR Ward (Because goddammit I've waited so long for their book)

3. Wrath and Beth -Dark Lover by JR Ward

4. Caroline and Simon- Wallbanger by Alice Clayton

5. Jacqueline and Lucas- Easy by Tammara Webber

6. Hazel Grace and Augustus Waters- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Jamie & Claire- Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

Will & Elley- Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer

Brianna & Grayson - Born in Ice (Born In Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts

Darius & Tempest- Dark Fire (Dark, #6) by Christine Feehan

Jules & Robin- All Through the Night A Troubleshooter Christmas (Troubleshooters, #12) by Suzanne Brockmann

Dageus & Chloe- The Dark Highlander (Highlander, #5) by Karen Marie Moning

Lev & Rikki_ Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan

message 5: by Melancholy (new)

Melancholy  (winterregencylover) Awesome list!! Thank you everybody. I'll bookmark this page as my shopping list!

message 6: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments I prefer couple who bicker with each other so my list probably wouldn't very romantic

- Anthony and Kate The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn All Bridgertons series' couples are great but Anthony and Kate are my fave.

- Callie and Gabriel Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1) by Sarah MacLean I love that he called her Empress :D

Leighton and Juliana Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3) by Sarah MacLean He's so stuffy, and she's so vibrant and lively, unlikely match but they're so sweet :)

- Winter and Isabel Thief of Shadows (Maiden Lane, #4) by Elizabeth Hoyt Theirs not love-hate relation like other in this list, but I just adore Winter, he's intense :)

- Cameron and Jack Something About You (FBI / US Attorney, #1) by Julie James A perfect combo of attorney and FBI agent. Love the series :D

- Annabelle and Heath Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips I must say that I like to hit Heath several times when I read the book, but in the end, he won me over, as well as Annabelle :)

- Min and Calvin Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie Cute :)

message 7: by Lemon (last edited Nov 29, 2013 03:11AM) (new)

Lemon | 59 comments Since you seem to like steamy romance, I would also recommend the following:

Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day by Sylvia Day. Note this is a romantica/erotica regency novel.

You mentioned you do not like contemporary novels, but you should give Lisa Marie Rice a try. She has a unique style and her stalkerific heroes are quite something. One of my favorites is Midnight Run (Midnight, #2) by Lisa Marie Rice . This is erotica-romantica as well.

message 8: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 1031 comments June wrote: "I prefer couple who bicker with each other so my list probably wouldn't very romantic

- Anthony and Kate The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2) by Julia Quinn All Bridgertons series' couples are great but ..."

Great list, June. It has some of my favourite couples. :)

message 9: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 160 comments I can't pick favourites easily, especially as many of my favourite couples wouldn't fit the 'romantic' description. I tend to go for reunion-type books with more angst than actual romance!

That said, here are a few:

Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue, #1) by Christy Reece To the Brink (The Bodyguards, #3) by Cindy Gerard Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6) by Cindy Gerard Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1) by Kaylea Cross Lethal Pursuit (Bagram Special Ops #3) by Kaylea Cross Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Fragile (Rafferty, #1) by Shiloh Walker Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed, #2) by Lara Adrian Into the Wilderness (Wilderness, #1) by Sara Donati

message 10: by Rachel Annie (new)

Rachel Annie (snapdragoness) I can't pick out just one couple, but since I originally read the title as "Who is the ultimate lover?" I'm going to say Caden from Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye .

I'm probably cheating! : D

message 11: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Here we go! Had to think hard...

Dominique and Summer The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4) by Laura Florand
Gabe and Rachel Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Janie and Quinn Neanderthal Seeks Human A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid
Evie and Sebastian Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas
Elly and Will Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer
Bo and Blayne Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5) by Shelly Laurenston
Johanna and Gabriel Saving Grace by Julie Garwood
Hattie and Reed Courting Miss Hattie by Pamela Morsi
Evie and Van Sheltered by Charlotte Stein
Melisande and Jasper To Seduce a Sinner (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt
Dragos and Pia Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison
and a few more lol

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments So many great couples!

message 13: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments I'll have to reflect on my fave couples.... I could be listing all day and night.

message 14: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments lol yeah I stopped.

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments My short list of favorites

Zach McBride and Natalie Benoit - Breaking Point

Julian Darcangelo and Tessa Novak - Hard Evidence

Marc Hunter and Sophie Alton - Unlawful Contact

Carter McCoy and Bailee Moore - The Texan's Wager

Sir Alastair Munroe and Helen Fitzwilliams - To Beguile a Beast

Mitch and Mara - Law Man

Chace and Faye - Breathe

Brodick and Gillian - Ransom

Duncan and Madelyne - Honor's Splendour

Diaz and Milla - Cry No More

Jack and Daisy - Open Season

Dageus and Chloe - The Dark Highlander

Sebastian and Evie - Devil in Winter

Marcus and Lillian - It Happened One Autumn

Harrison and Mary Rose - For the Roses

Wolf and Mary - Mackenzie's Mountain

Harry and Poppy - Tempt Me at Twilight

Jax and Maddie - Simply Irresistible

Benedict Bridgerton and Sophie Beckett - An Offer From a Gentleman

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "I'll have to reflect on my fave couples.... I could be listing all day and night."

I know! I was a little overwhelmed when I started to think of mine.

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Love your "short" list, Pamela. ☺

message 18: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments LOL, it was hard to only list that many.

message 19: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (chibilee02) Hmmm, let me think....I don't have a lot but there are two that stand out for me:

Cam and Avery from Wait for You (Wait for You, #1) by J. Lynn
Nora and Soren (you can also add in Kingsley there lol) from The Original Sinners series by Tiffany Reisz

It's a very short list but they just jump out at me.

message 20: by Kritika (new)

Kritika | 497 comments namericanwordcat wrote: Here we go! Had to think hard...
Your list contains some of my favourite couples.
As does your list, June.
You both have compiled great lists!:)

message 21: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Thanks!

message 22: by Jacqueline (new)

Jacqueline Rhoades (jackierhoades) | 192 comments I agree with you all. My problem is that my favorite couple is usually in the books I just read! That would be Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley and Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 23: by Melancholy (new)

Melancholy  (winterregencylover) Jacqueline wrote: "I agree with you all. My problem is that my favorite couple is usually in the books I just read! That would be Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley and Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas"

I feel the same way. So as of now, I just finish re-reading Lord of Seduction

Tanon and Gareth are mine at the moment Lord of Seduction (The Risande Family, #3) by Paula Quinn