Camp Half-Blood discussion

Camp Half-Blood > Javelin Range

Comments Showing 1-50 of 702 (702 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

message 1: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Kimiko (kawasumi-kimiko) | 5962 comments Mod
Go~~

message 2: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) Erika wandered over to the javelin range. She'd never been that great at it, but she supposed that camp was for trying new things...

message 3: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Desiree trudged towards the Javelin range, her nose still running and her eyes slightly puffy from being in the garden earlier. Being a child of Persephone who is allergic to flowers really sucked.

message 4: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She picked up a javelin thoughtfully. Hm... Not good at long range as a bow, in her opinion. And almost useless in hand-to-hand combat. What was the point in it?

message 5: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She passed by a girl camper who was holding up a javelin and looking at it thoughtfully. You throw it she thought. Then, as if realizing that the camper cannot hear her thoughts, she spoke up quietly. "You throw it. It's good for exterminating enemies who are far away."

message 6: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Why can't I just use my bow for that?" She asked, not turning around, still examining it.

message 7: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She shrugged, "I dunno, ask who created javelins. They might know" she suggested picking up a javelin herself and looking at it's sharp point.

message 8: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She sighed, hoping she hadn't actually meant that seriously. If she had... This conversation was going to be over before it even began. Not that she really cared... She'd be fine with the girl leaving.

message 9: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"The javelins could also be used for stabbing people.." she murmured softly. "But I guess your arrows can do that too"

message 10: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Yep. And my sword. And my dagger. So I really don't see what use a pointy stick will do me. Too big to carry around easily, could break of out under pressure... Really I'm just seeing bad points."

message 11: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Her lips curled up in a small smile, "I don't think it's much use either" she responded. "Only that throwing it is fun."

message 12: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "True." She threw it negligently, and it hit the target right in the center.

message 13: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She look at the javelin, stuck in the center of the target. "You good~" she said softly.

message 14: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Eh. Couple inches off, in my opinion, but thanks for the compliment."

message 15: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"A couple?" she asked squinting at the target, "It looks right on the dot to me.."

message 16: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "No... It's a few off. I didn't account for the wind, and my aim was off."

message 17: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (last edited Nov 20, 2013 03:28PM) (new)

She squinted again, trying to see what she can see. "Damnn.." she muttered before apologizing, "Uh..sorry. Sailor mouth."
"Your eyesight must be better than mine" she added.

message 18: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Well, I would hope they would be." She said, standing up and heading over to the target to pick up the javelin.

message 19: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She watched as the girl walk over to pick up her javelin. She turned back to the target standing in front of her a couple meters away. She raised her arm, aimed as best as she could and threw her javelin. It landed off center.

message 20: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Don't move your arm so jerkily," she called. "Make it a fluid motion."

message 21: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Ah" she mumbled walking over to her target and pulling out her javelin. "Thanks for the advice" she said before adding, "Name?"

message 22: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Erika. Daughter of Apollo, Huntress of Artemis." She said, heading back to the starting point.

message 23: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Ahh~" she murmured softly, "No wonder you are so good with your aim and stuff" she added. She stuck out her hand, "Nice to meet you Erika! I'm Desiree. Daughter of Persephone" she smiled.

message 24: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She nodded. "Interesting... I've never met a daughter of Persephone before. Well... Never met most people, actually."

message 25: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Not very sociable?" she asks holding her javelin in her hands and tilted her head to the side in a questioning manner.

message 26: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Nope." She said shortly. "Plus... Nt many socializing opportunities with the huntresses."

message 27: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"How come?" she asked genuinely curious about a Hunter's life.

message 28: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Well... You're on the road a lot. You don't see other demigods that much, and if you do, they normally get turned into jackalopes."

message 29: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She stifled a laugh. "Omg. How? Do you turn them into jackalopes, or is it..Artemis..?"

message 30: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Artemis. Although sometimes this one Hecate girl that we have does it... And sometimes, if she's REALLY annoyed, we kill them."

message 31: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

Her eyes widened, "Like..kill kill or just figuratively kill?" she asked worry dripping in her voice.

message 32: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Kill, kill..." She bit her lip. "I'm still pretty low on the chain, but a week or two ago... I was ordered to kill three of them."

message 33: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Oh dear.." she said taking a small step back.
"Are you going to kill me? Or is Artemis gonna turn me into a jackalope or something..?"

message 34: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "No, of course not." She said, throwing the javelin again.

message 35: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Oh. Phew" she said throwing her javelin as well. But this time, she followed Erika's instructions and did it in a fluid motion. The javelin struck the area outside the center.

message 36: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Good job," she commented."

message 37: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She grinned, clearly proud of herself, "Thank you!" she chirped dropping in a little curtsy just for fun.

message 38: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She rolled her eyes. "Don't et too full of yourself. You still need to work on your aim a little.

message 39: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She rolled her eyes. "Don't et too full of yourself. You still need to work on your aim a little.

message 40: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She purse her lips, "Okay" she said walking over to grab her javelin. She walk back to her position before, "Any more useful tips?" she asked.

message 41: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Hm... Pay attention to the wind. Sometimes a couple of inches can mean life or death." She threw it again.

message 42: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She bit on her bottom lip, "There's nothing concerning life and death here.." she pointed out.

message 43: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "Out there, there could be." She said, picking up another javelin and being careful to hit it directly to the right of her first one. She didn't want to splinter it. Chiron probably wouldn't be too happy with her if she did that...

message 44: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Well I'll just stay within the camp borders then" she said picking up a javelin. She spun it around and around in her fingers. "No monsters here. They can't get through the border."

message 45: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) She shrugged. "As long as the fleece is here, that's true. But don't get too comfortable."

message 46: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

She shrugs, throwing it. It landed closer to the middle, but not much. "I could use the flowers to delay them" she said not mentioning her allergies to flowers.

message 47: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "What could flowers do against hellhounds? Or skeletons? Or any other monster that could come through if that barrier breaks down?"

message 48: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Uh...." she said, thinking. "Distract them while I run I guess" she mumbles looking at her javelin that is across the field from her.

message 49: by mels (new)

mels (padmeskywalkers) "But where would you run to?" She asked, throwing another javelin.

message 50: by Kimiko, Inactive Original Moderator (new)

"Uhhh..." she repeated, too much questions! "I dunno. Somewhere" she said being vague. She shakes her head, "Too much questions" she said what she was thinking.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 15